Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled
If you want to auto with a harmony unit in your team, use Asta.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FractalSandwich
Apr 25, 2010

Kyrosiris posted:

let me innnnnnnn
Me first!

Not pictured: my guarantee from losing the 50-50 on Luocha. These first few patches have been an exercise in delayed gratification.

Pain of Mind
Jul 10, 2004
You are receiving this broadcast as a dream...We are transmitting from the year one nine... nine nine ...You are receiving this broadcast in order t
I thought I had a lot saved with a total of about 120 rolls banked, what are you even saving for?

Lazy_Liberal
Sep 17, 2005

These stones are :sparkles: precious :sparkles:
Kafka

FractalSandwich
Apr 25, 2010

Pain of Mind posted:

I thought I had a lot saved with a total of about 120 rolls banked, what are you even saving for?
Kafka, then Fu Xuan, then Jingliu.

Zurai
Feb 13, 2012

Wait -- I haven't even voted in this game yet!

Mulva posted:

There is zero reason to ever take anything but ATK for Luocha if it's an option. It makes him hit harder and heal better. If he isn't the highest ATK character in your roster, you hosed up.

Hard disagree. Luocha doesn't need a single extra point of Attack to heal better than Natasha could dream of, and even with all Attack relics with perfect Attack substats, he's never going to hit hard enough to matter because his multipliers suck. Your statement is pretty much the exact opposite of what you should be doing with Luocha as far as optimization is concerned. Fortunately, he's so good that it's almost impossible to gently caress him up.

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

Shhh... don't wake up the sleeping lion :3:

Ideally this gets me E5-6 Sampo and Luka and E1-2 Kafka, though the goalposts can shift depending on how my pulls go. The rest goes to Daniel

Izzhov
Dec 6, 2013

My head hurts.
Yeah I have about 250 pulls saved up right now if you count the pity I have banked (although it's on the 50/50 rather than the guarantee). As painful as having only one limited 5* is in MoC, it does have its perks as well lol

Also not planning on dropping a single pull until around mid-September, when a certain pair of small ladies become available

AParadox
Jan 7, 2012

facepalmolive posted:

Counterpoint: I feel like on auto, your harmony units usually target your dude with the highest atk on your team. And I cry every time as Tingyun keeps buffing my Luocha when I auto.

Bronya on auto also occasionally decides that Luocha is more worthy of her skill than Blade.

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011
It's about time for my once per decade ban for being a consistently terrible poster.

Zurai posted:

Hard disagree. Luocha doesn't need a single extra point of Attack to heal better than Natasha could dream of, and even with all Attack relics with perfect Attack substats, he's never going to hit hard enough to matter because his multipliers suck.

Something hitting for several thousand k on everyone is never irrelevant, even if it's not Seele. And his multipliers are mediocre. Giving him more energy regain is a wash. For healing or the utility of cleansing enemies, you want to hold it til you need it. Using it for damage if you aren't boosting your ATK it really is poo poo. If the field is already up and there's nothing to cleanse, why fire it if it can't hurt or help? For a character where using your Ult can actively be a waste more energy is not a net bonus. Yeah you can always have it on hand for a cheeky cleanse or to immediately get the field off, but that's usually true if you don't raise it too.

The reality is that his auto heal is going to fire off in any situation where damage is real, and you are now right on the brink of getting up the field. Which can keep pretty much anyone alive in any situation. "Outgoing healing" is a waste. He doesn't need it. You won't notice it.

Frankly his stats almost don't matter. If he's leveled and he's wearing something leveled his stats are probably good enough to just...exist and passively keep everyone alive.

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

Is Fall of an Aeon the best LC I can hope for with Blade without paying/winning some light cone rolls?

Jabor
Jul 16, 2010

#1 Loser at SpaceChem

Mulva posted:

"Outgoing healing" is a waste. He doesn't need it. You won't notice it.

I've had situations where his reaction skill is down but the field is up, someone's taking consecutive big hits and probably dying, but one of the (not in danger of dying) characters has a damaging ult up that I can weave in between.

If outgoing healing affects that drain, I think I would notice it and it would be tremendously helpful. Certainly more helpful than a tiny bit of extra damage on his ult. That's why I asked about it. Does anyone know whether it does or not?

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled

Jabor posted:

I've had situations where his reaction skill is down but the field is up, someone's taking consecutive big hits and probably dying, but one of the (not in danger of dying) characters has a damaging ult up that I can weave in between.

If outgoing healing affects that drain, I think I would notice it and it would be tremendously helpful. Certainly more helpful than a tiny bit of extra damage on his ult. That's why I asked about it. Does anyone know whether it does or not?

It absolutely does.

Zurai
Feb 13, 2012

Jabor posted:

It's not a drain, it's just healing triggered by attacks. It has no relation to the amount of damage dealt. Outgoing Healing absolutely affects it just like any other heal.

berenzen
Jan 23, 2012

Harlock posted:

Is Fall of an Aeon the best LC I can hope for with Blade without paying/winning some light cone rolls?

S5 secret vow is better than s5 fall. Otherwise yeah, s5 fall is the best available for him.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

S5 Mutual Demise is better than Fall of an Aeon, especially if you don't have Aeon at S5.

That said even S1 Secret Vow is better than both of them at S5.

Ayndin
Mar 13, 2010

I’ll note that if you’re running Luocha with Blade he generally keeps him topped off enough that you’re not going to get Secret Vow to trigger that often. Still probably the second best option after his signature LC.

I lean towards a damage setup for Luocha also because his baseline healing is good to the point that I didn’t feel it needed outgoing healing, but I think however you want to do it is fine. Frankly building him for hp/def might be the smartest play.

Beluga Snail
Jul 26, 2013

I had been fairly at peace with skipping Blade and sitting on a near-pity guarantee and a bunch of warps to see how Kafka plays, or wait around for final form Dan...

And then the standard banner threw up a Bronya, whom I did not have, and every single thing I've seen on Blade is that he is an absolute monster stapled to her. Oh the horror.

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

I will never log offshut up.

So with Blade and Bronya, it's more that Bronya is the only harmony char to really buff Blade, given the others focus on atk% and he doesn't care for that. Do not feel pressured to pull Blade to "make Bronya useful". Bronya is insanely busted all on her own. She's good with basically every damage dealer.

Izzhov
Dec 6, 2013

My head hurts.
Yeah, cf. that Dreamy video posted earlier in the thread of using Bronya to 1-cycle MoC 10 with freakin' Herta as the primary DPS. If you have a properly built Bronya, you should be able to clear all content with just about anyone.

FractalSandwich
Apr 25, 2010
Man, Gepard is fuckin' useless with Sushang. You're lucky if his shield lasts one of his turns on her, let alone long enough to refresh it. And don't even think about trying to throw Bronya into the mix.

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 7 days!)

After fu Xian, my wish is for a ice erudition that has strong freeze talents or attributes to enable yanqing

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

Good news the ice harmony char is supposed to work around break effect and brings the entanglement effect from SU as part of their ult.

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

FractalSandwich posted:

Man, Gepard is fuckin' useless with Sushang. You're lucky if his shield lasts one of his turns on her, let alone long enough to refresh it. And don't even think about trying to throw Bronya into the mix.

She works great with a healer and Asta. Very f2p friendly.

sevenflow
Jun 28, 2003
just watch it for a second
[HI3]

Pulled Herrscher of Rebirth and wondering if I can finally make a physical team. I've been mostly okay with the trio for elemental stuff, but have been avoiding all physical stuff because I don't have HoS. Would PE and 0017 work? I don't have the signature weapons / stigmata for either.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

I don't wanna spend my shop currency on light cones, that's boring

I could literally get 25 passes instead

AParadox
Jan 7, 2012

sevenflow posted:

[HI3]

Pulled Herrscher of Rebirth and wondering if I can finally make a physical team. I've been mostly okay with the trio for elemental stuff, but have been avoiding all physical stuff because I don't have HoS. Would PE and 0017 work? I don't have the signature weapons / stigmata for either.

That is the optimal PE team, but without her weapon will need to be lucky to retain in red lotus, but will probably be fine in any rank bellow that if you farm ely stiggs. If you have kafka TM you can just get ely B and it will be almost as good.
Do you have any other lance with pri form?

Edit: if you are not lvl 81 then horb with her gear can probably carry pe and 0017.

AParadox fucked around with this message at 19:08 on Aug 3, 2023

FractalSandwich
Apr 25, 2010

Walla posted:

She works great with a healer and Asta. Very f2p friendly.
Yeah, I usually use her with Natasha, but I tried splitting them up for MoC. And it didn't go as well as I'd hoped.

Not So Fast
Dec 27, 2007

Meowywitch posted:

I don't wanna spend my shop currency on light cones, that's boring

I could literally get 25 passes instead

it's an odd economy, I can see the value for getting passes but personally I really wanted Something Irreplacable and wasn't getting any luck on the Standard Banner (although I did pull In the Name of The World which will be a good fit for Kafka).

Leraika
Jun 14, 2015

Luckily, I *did* save your old avatar. Fucked around and found out indeed.
seriously just make the HI3 thread already

on topic: Any good suggestions for how best to use Clara and Bronya? I'm not sure if there's enough synergy there to be worth trying to build around (because clara doesn't actually want to take that many turns)

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver

Leraika posted:

seriously just make the HI3 thread already

on topic: Any good suggestions for how best to use Clara and Bronya? I'm not sure if there's enough synergy there to be worth trying to build around (because clara doesn't actually want to take that many turns)
Probably the best character to go with those two would be Blade? SP-neutral, good target for Bronya. Probably position Blade right next to Clara so he eats any burst attacks aimed at her for his follow-up. If you don't have him, some other solid DPS along with an SP-neutral healer would work

Izzhov
Dec 6, 2013

My head hurts.
Just mulched more than 100 of my gold relics before finally successfully crafting some speed boots :') it's a cruel gacha world out there, stay safe everyone

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

FractalSandwich posted:

Yeah, I usually use her with Natasha, but I tried splitting them up for MoC. And it didn't go as well as I'd hoped.

The only time Sushang should be with Gepard is if you know the fight can be finished in 3 rounds.

She actually works decently with March though.

Izzhov posted:

Just mulched more than 100 of my gold relics before finally successfully crafting some speed boots :') it's a cruel gacha world out there, stay safe everyone

I have yet to successfully make a pair of speed boots without using resin. I need a set for Gepard and March so drat bad and I keep getting attack and defense instead.

Bad Video Games fucked around with this message at 20:12 on Aug 3, 2023

UHD
Nov 11, 2006

man E4 qingque is really really good at making me gamble even more sp than i should

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver

Walla posted:

I have yet to successfully make a pair of speed boots without using resin. I need a set for Gepard and March so drat bad and I keep getting attack and defense instead.
supposedly it's a 25% chance to get one, and I have gotten speed boots without resin... 3 or so times, but it still feels like a 10% to me, max.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

I just want a e2 QQ it'll probably fix some of her skill issues

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

JT Jag posted:

supposedly it's a 25% chance to get one, and I have gotten speed boots without resin... 3 or so times, but it still feels like a 10% to me, max.

where are you getting 25% from? the cn spreadsheet mrpokke reviewed a couple days ago said the rate of hitting speed mainstat boots was around 12.15%

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Hot drat I have like two of the artifact creation items and they're too awesome to use so I guess I'll just stare at then in my inventory until the end of time

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

Just let them rip on ERR ropes. That's the rarest piece and it makes the most difference for the chars that want it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zurai
Feb 13, 2012

Honestly, it's better to use them early. They don't help with getting ideal substats, and you'll never have enough of them at the current rate to actually farm ideal substats with them, so you might as well use them to get the initial mainstat gear while you don't care about substats as much.