Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Oh no wonder he needed that extra 2-3 million the jets offered.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blowjob Overtime
Apr 6, 2008

Steeeeriiiiiiiiike twooooooo!

That's correct op, and I've never been clear why it wasn't a bigger story. No video, I guess

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Amy Pole Her posted:

Oh no wonder he needed that extra 2-3 million the jets offered.
If he's suspended, the Jets save money and he doesn't get paid. It's a stupidly heavy incentive-based deal.

https://www.nbcsports.com/nfl/profootballtalk/rumor-mill/news/dalvin-cook-deal-protects-jets-against-suspension

quote:

This means that, if Cook should be suspended during the season, the Jets will avoid not only his weekly base salary ($60,000) but another $348,235.30 per week. That’s a total of $408,235.30 that the Jets will save during each week of any potential suspension.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Hence the hush money!

edit Its 7 million with 1.6 in extra incentives. Thats 3-4 million more than anyone else offered I believe.

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Mr. Nice! posted:

Dallas, of course, will be first and surprisingly the Commanders will be number 2. It's gonna be a rough year ahead for the g-men.

If this happens there should be a stampede of teams competing to hire Bieniemy and whatever dark sorcery he's worked with those QBs

fartknocker posted:

Don’t discount Danny Dimes dominating the league this year.

Also gently caress the Cowboys

I am ready to count out Falldown Dan

also :haibrow:

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

Daniel Dimes is very mediocre and I am betting against him. This is the hottest take.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
Ride my coattails why dont you

Dr_Strangelove
Dec 16, 2003

Mein Fuhrer! THEY WON!

Mr. Nice! posted:

The hurts led eagles at full power could barely beat the Cooper Rush cowboys.

Ahem…

Pooper Flush

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Harlock posted:

Daniel Dimes is very mediocre and I am betting against him. This is the hottest take.

It will be hilarious if the Vikings & Giants regress to the mean or don't regress at all. Either way is going to make so many people so infuriated.

I'm extremely excited for them to be kinda bad but somehow have a dozen wins or kinda okay, but win like 8 games and either way the podcast crews are gonna be fighting.

elime anning
Nov 19, 2002

Morbid Hound
I'll never begrudge anyone for thinking low of Daniel Jones but my counterargument is that he spent two years in the worst offensive system in football under Jason Garrett and then looked pretty solid last year with no-name receivers and had a lot of success running the ball. I'm also pretty sure he was one of the top QBs in terms of not turning the ball over after so many years of that being his main issue. I'm not expecting him to shock the world but I wouldn't be surprised if he changes a lot of people's snap opinions of him this year a la Geno Smith

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
My main argument is the receivers were no names but the all 22 film clearly shows daniel jones absolutely missing them or not even being aware of them being open

He also had a chad pennington year which is nothing to brag about and Jason Garrett installed an offense that should have worked to his benefits but the man held on to the ball for 5 seconds every snap and killed that air croyell offense

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

If Danny starts chucking it deep to Hyatt I'll never make fun of him again.

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

The Giants might very well have both a bottom 5 WR room and O-line again. He was a fine game manager last year, but he's super averse to risk and is afraid/can't throw the ball downfield - constantly one of the lower YPAs in the league since he joined. In 2023, you need your QB to actively win games for you. League attitudes towards RBs aside, Barkley might be the most important or second most important RB to making a team's offense successful. If he falters or god forbid gets hurt, that Giants team is going nowhere.

Maybe he takes a step forward but I don't see anything in the track record to suggest it.

rjmccall
Sep 7, 2007

no worries friend
Fun Shoe
The AFC has a disproportionate share of the best teams in the league, but the Titans are not one of them, and there is absolutely nothing suggesting that middling-rear end AFC teams like the Titans are better on average than middling-rear end NFC teams.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

The loss to Danny Dimes was probably the worst of the Matt Rhule era but it did give us this video of them walking onto the field.

https://twitter.com/dmrussini/status/1571533334047608834?s=46&t=JBd6ZXmGQ3LmWL-ineTnAA

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
The 2022 Giants were the worst NFL team to ever win a playoff game.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

mcmagic posted:

2004 Rams.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Broncos with Tebow?

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
One of those 7-9 teams that won a playoff game. Let's not overthink this.

MaximilianK
Jan 8, 2022
Tom Brady is retired so nothing good will happen to the Gaints ever again

Nov 6, 2002

a neat cape posted:

Let's not overthink this.

Now, I know you're not new here...

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

kiimo posted:

Broncos with Tebow?

The overtime TD was so loving awesome and hilarious that I am willing to overlook how generally terrible they were. God every game of that season was Tebow pulling insane bullshit out of his rear end at the last minute until he ran into the brick wall of Belichick

MaximilianK posted:

Tom Brady is retired so nothing good will happen to the Gaints ever again

Not that I wish the Giants success but it would be pretty funny if they pivoted to being Mahomes' kryptonite now that Brady has returned to his home planet

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

I want to care, butt I dont

mcmagic posted:

And it loving ruled

Also the 2014 7 win Panthers beating the Ryan Lindley Cardinals was the worst let's be real the 2022 Giants weren't that bad

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
Also that 7 win seahawk team that beat the Saints

Nov 6, 2002

a neat cape posted:

Also that 7 win seahawk team that beat the Saints

Yeah, but beastquake.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
Giants last year were absurdly strong in random positions but not a lot of key ones. Dexter Lawrence and Andrew Thomas were two of the better players in the league last year and there was a lot of competency throughout other positions. It was just blatantly obvious that their ILBs were over the hill vets and Evan Neal was one of the worst OTs in the league. They just weren't total slouches is all.

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

Gully Foyle posted:

They already had a year+ of Hurts on tape last year, and it didn't matter. The Eagles may regress out of a harder schedule or bad luck, but not because the team is any worse. Jalen Carter alone looks like a huge pickup.

Mahomes lost to the Colts last year. poo poo happens.

How has Carter looked in preseason / camp?

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Ornery and Hornery posted:

destroyer of worlds

Pontius Pilate
Jul 25, 2006

Crucify, Whale, Crucify

Forgot Warner spent a year as a giant before heading off to the cardinals. Must have been a depressing year for Faulk, Bruce, and Holt

holt should be in the hall

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!

Ornery and Hornery posted:

Beating up 2 multi time all pros up at joint practice.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Pontius Pilate posted:

Forgot Warner spent a year as a giant before heading off to the cardinals. Must have been a depressing year for Faulk, Bruce, and Holt

holt should be in the hall

Weren't these the Marc Bulger years? He was decent for a couple years before the concussions did him in, I thought.

Alfred P. Pseudonym
May 29, 2006

And when you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss goes 8-8

SKULL.GIF posted:

Weren't these the Marc Bulger years? He was decent for a couple years before the concussions did him in, I thought.

Decent? He was MVP of the pro bowl

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
The 7-8-1 Panthers won a playoff game because the Cardinals were starting Ryan Lindley at QB.

Pontius Pilate
Jul 25, 2006

Crucify, Whale, Crucify

SKULL.GIF posted:

Ya, and Warner was dealing with injuries and some rough games. It made sense at the time, just really didn’t work out in the long term

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Pontius Pilate posted:

Ya, and Warner was dealing with injuries and some rough games. It made sense at the time, just really didn’t work out in the long term

Kurt Warner really did benefit from some amazing receiving corps in his career, but my argument at the time that any QB who could make the NFL would do ok with the guys he was playing with died instantly the moment he retired.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
Ryan Lindley remains the worst QB i've ever seen in the NFL, which I understand is a bold statement, but please take a moment to understand that he set the NFL all-time record for most pass attempts to start a career without a touchdown (228).

It got to the point where local radio stations were begging the Cardinals to sign literally anybody else to start the upcoming Cards' playoff game (even Tim Tebow) because they knew that Lindley was going to be a disaster.

Lo and behold, the Cardinals lost that playoff game to the Panthers, 27-16, and in doing so, they set an NFL record for fewest total offensive yards in a playoff game with 78. Lindley completed 16 of 28 passes for 82 yards, one touchdown and two interceptions that evening. And somehow, he looked even worse than the numbers suggest.

Ryan Lindley makes Christian Hackenberg look like John Elway.

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Marcus Mariota sucks and was outplayed by DTR

And Tanner McKee

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Kurt Warner is one of the best stories in the history of the NFL prove me wrong

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?
a negative proposition can't be proved so how about you demonstrate your goddamn thesis

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

But I wanted you to do all the work.

I think his story gets downplayed a bit because he's a milquetoast homeschooler type but I just love a good underdog story in general.

Like Rod Smith even though he's a dirty donkey.