Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: PoundSand)

RandomBlue
Dec 30, 2012

hay guys!

Biscuit Hider

Corrigenda posted:

I'm trans as well. If you don't see the problem in extending what has been a massive, systemic failure on the part of many parties over the course of many years, to the issues discussed above in thread regarding Paxlovid I don't know what to tell you. They are not equivalent. This thread is very confusing.

How dare you compare a massive systemic failure on the part of many parties to the US's handling of COVID and COVID therapeutics.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Oldest Man
Jul 28, 2003

Rosalind posted:

Oh man who should be able to prescribe what (i.e. prescriptive authority) is like a whole thing where you can find the AMA and the AANP and other big organizations constantly arguing about who should be able to do what.

Should I be able to talk to my pharmacist and get an albuterol inhaler or topical cream for that rash I'm having? Probably!
Should my psychologist be able to prescribe antidepressants as long as they have specialized training? Maybe, but this one is less cut and dry for me.
Should my chiropractor be able to prescribe me antibiotics like they can in New Mexico? Sounds like a terrible idea!

There are probably a lot of honest debates to be had there but giving chiropractors and naturopaths prescribing rights is loving crazy

Notorious R.I.M.
Jan 27, 2004

up to my ass in alligators

The Oldest Man posted:

There are probably a lot of honest debates to be had there but giving chiropractors and naturopaths prescribing rights is loving crazy

Ok but how else will pharmaceutical companies access these markets?

Rosalind
Apr 30, 2013

When we hit our lowest point, we are open to the greatest change.

Bastard Tetris posted:

I think that psychiatrists are the prescribers since they’re MDs, my poor psych friend has an extended family full of both and Thanksgiving dinner arguments frequently veer into this space, which seems quite dire

Certain psychologists, with specialized training, have prescriptive authority in New Mexico, Idaho, Illinois, Iowa, and Louisiana.

fosborb
Dec 15, 2006

Chronic Good Poster

icantfindaname posted:

IMO the real stakes here are that mention of the telehealth sites will be banned. The official position of the thread IMO should be you should have the telehealth sites on speed-dial to get it if you test positive

there is nothing wrong with telehealth at all.* it is still licensed practitioners of medicine putting their education to use on your specific case and their license on the line (theoretically)

is anyone advocating for removing those links? lol, that section has been wholesale quoted into the OPs of the other covid threads in SA

* okay, that's hyperbole, theres lots to debate on the topic, but i will not remove those links from the op

celadon
Jan 2, 2023

RandomBlue posted:

How dare you compare a massive systemic failure on the part of many parties to the US's handling of COVID and COVID therapeutics.

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

Jingoro posted:

Maybe kramering into the thread to trans-splain to our trans prior IK who basically got harassed already by trolls into deciding it's not worth it is not the best look for you?

Corrigenda posted:

I'm trans as well.

curb_your_enthusiam.mp3

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010
I have been dealing with long covid since March 2020 (or ME/CFS but the timing), and I figured out my symptoms matched around July/August. I have known since April 2020 that exercise hosed me up. Guess how many doctors have PRESCRIBED exercise for me? All of them. Literally every doctor has told me they are concerned about how I'm not getting enough exercise. I explain that getting through my daily life without exercise often pushes me over PEM limits. They still want me to work in a 5 minute walk here or there.

Also, when I get too warm, exert myself too much, or find myself in a stressful situation, I get extremely painful pins and needles. Also, this experience, by itself, is extremely stressful, which makes it worse. If you have a hard time imagining this, sit on your arm until your hand goes numb. Now, try to use that hand. That pain? I feel across my whole body, and the only way to get back down to not pins and needles is to lie down in a cool place. My doctors are well aware of this symptom and how bad it is, yet keep telling me I need to exercise more.

I have seen more doctors in the past 3 years for long covid than every other doctor in my life combined. All of them have given me advice that is well known to be bad for ME/CFS/Long Covid patients with PEM, which I have, and which my doctors know I have. So, I dunno, I'm skeptical of anything my doctors say, even the one that I like, that I see regularly, and who is no longer pressuring me to do exercise (she only relented after I went to PT for 2 months. This was painful, stressful, and I felt worse after than before).

icantfindaname
Jul 1, 2008

fosborb posted:

there is nothing wrong with telehealth at all.* it is still licensed practitioners of medicine putting their education to use on your specific case and their license on the line (theoretically)

is anyone advocating for removing those links? lol, that section has been wholesale quoted into the OPs of the other covid threads in SA

Not that I know of, but I'm not monitoring all of the critical posts re:this thread so maybe

Bastard Tetris
Apr 27, 2005

L-Shaped

Nap Ghost

Malgrin posted:

I have seen more doctors in the past 3 years for long covid than every other doctor in my life combined. All of them have given me advice that is well known to be bad for ME/CFS/Long Covid patients with PEM, which I have, and which my doctors know I have.

Someone in my family is in the same boat, and we’ve experienced the same thing. It’s loving infuriating, and it’s truly lovely you’re having to navigate this while in that state.

DickParasite
Dec 2, 2004

Slippery Tilde

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

I'm in Australia where paxlovid is being gatekept to the very old or the very immunocompromised despite calls from epidemiologists for wider access. They actually eased up on the eligibility factors in April this year, previously people in their 60s had to have two risk factors to be eligible for paxlovid but they lowered that to just one risk factor. For people like me who are under 60 and don't have multiple risk factors it's pretty much impossible for me to get pax unless I could somehow convince an MD to prescribe it for me, and even then it'd cost over $1,000 out-of-pocket which I couldn't even afford.

I imagine it'd be pretty trivial for someone "rich and connected" to get their hands on pax, though.

I've lived in Australia since before covid and I'm continually astonished by how competent the US feds look in comparison.

pandy fackler
Jun 2, 2020

pandy fackler has issued a correction as of 19:22 on Mar 22, 2024

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Jingoro posted:

kramering

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

Bastard Tetris posted:

Someone in my family is in the same boat, and we’ve experienced the same thing. It’s loving infuriating, and it’s truly lovely you’re having to navigate this while in that state.

Thanks. On the plus side, the doctor that I like and have been seeing for > 2 years now prescribed me an SNRI that really helped with brain fog so as long as I don't overdo it physically, I can work a full time, at home, computer touching job. It was much harder to wade through these waters when my mind was struggling to process work, let alone doctors and whatnot.

e: oops SNRI

Shiroc
May 16, 2009

Sorry I'm late
It's been smokey as poo poo in Seattle and my lungs are, I assume permanently at this point, still super loving sensitive to it thanks to covid. It has gotten better out and all I want to do tonight is hang out with lesbians and share cookies I baked. Hoping for the continued protection of my 3M aura to not have my lungs go on fire again when I leave my air purifier bubble.

tristeham
Jul 31, 2022

Jingoro posted:

Maybe kramering into the thread to trans-splain to our trans prior IK who basically got harassed already by trolls into deciding it's not worth it is not the best look for you?

basically is doing a lot of legwork here

Bastard Tetris
Apr 27, 2005

L-Shaped

Nap Ghost

Malgrin posted:

Thanks. On the plus side, the doctor that I like and have been seeing for > 2 years now prescribed me an SNRI that really helped with brain fog so as long as I don't overdo it physically, I can work a full time, at home, computer touching job. It was much harder to wade through these waters when my mind was struggling to process work, let alone doctors and whatnot.

e: oops SNRI

That’s great- the advent of normalizing full WFH has been so helpful for us as well.

salient
Jan 2, 2021
https://twitter.com/microbeminded2/status/1693276066700280228 https://twitter.com/HelenBranswell/status/1693756745070325763

The Oldest Man
Jul 28, 2003

Malgrin posted:

I have been dealing with long covid since March 2020 (or ME/CFS but the timing), and I figured out my symptoms matched around July/August. I have known since April 2020 that exercise hosed me up. Guess how many doctors have PRESCRIBED exercise for me? All of them. Literally every doctor has told me they are concerned about how I'm not getting enough exercise. I explain that getting through my daily life without exercise often pushes me over PEM limits. They still want me to work in a 5 minute walk here or there.

Also, when I get too warm, exert myself too much, or find myself in a stressful situation, I get extremely painful pins and needles. Also, this experience, by itself, is extremely stressful, which makes it worse. If you have a hard time imagining this, sit on your arm until your hand goes numb. Now, try to use that hand. That pain? I feel across my whole body, and the only way to get back down to not pins and needles is to lie down in a cool place. My doctors are well aware of this symptom and how bad it is, yet keep telling me I need to exercise more.

I have seen more doctors in the past 3 years for long covid than every other doctor in my life combined. All of them have given me advice that is well known to be bad for ME/CFS/Long Covid patients with PEM, which I have, and which my doctors know I have. So, I dunno, I'm skeptical of anything my doctors say, even the one that I like, that I see regularly, and who is no longer pressuring me to do exercise (she only relented after I went to PT for 2 months. This was painful, stressful, and I felt worse after than before).

Baddog
May 12, 2001

fosborb posted:

speaking of, can pharmacists still prescribe pax? did anyone actually do that?

I tried to help someone in Colorado get it through a pharmacist when "test to treat" (right there in the grocery store next to the bread) was the big thing. The pharmacist wanted them to go get the whole panel of liver and kidney function tests first. Which, fair enough. But they needed a doctor to get that ordered (and more days). They just gave up.

Probably works ok if you have a copy of recent labwork.

Pelican Dunderhead
Jun 16, 2010

Ah! Hello Ershin!
Pillbug

Shiroc posted:

It's been smokey as poo poo in Seattle and my lungs are, I assume permanently at this point, still super loving sensitive to it thanks to covid. It has gotten better out and all I want to do tonight is hang out with lesbians and share cookies I baked. Hoping for the continued protection of my 3M aura to not have my lungs go on fire again when I leave my air purifier bubble.

I've struggled a ton with getting my dad to not be a gigantic idiot WRT air quality, covid, (everything? I dunno) and given how every summer for the past five/six years has been smoke filled I shouldn't be surprised any more at how many people I see just walking around in smoke. I'm guilty of that too though from when I went for a run one year when I couldn't see 50 feet ahead of me because of the smoke, no more though.

He cared when my mom was alive two years ago but doesn't seem to care any more about my own health and safety. Not like I'm also immune compromised or anything like that!

__

Anyway I forget if I ever posted the conclusion to my work related respirator conflict that started back in February. I had to go in to do a fit test twice because the dumb rear end in a top hat EHS manager in WI didn't even ask me about what type of disposable respirator fits my face, so I failed the qualitative fit test in the initially provided ones but passed it with my own Auras. I finally got my "company supplied" respirators delivered, that are supposed to last me "a year" - they sent 500 because they're dumb as hell lol. If any western WA goons are in quick need feel free to send a PM and I could either do a drop off or PO box mailing, no charge and I can hand out a dozen or two.

Fortunately since I'm now the only employee at my office location if I'm not training a class on metrology soft/hardware I can pretty much do whatever I want so I wear my p100 on those days. I'm also not traveling two/three weeks every month for the same reason thank god, got my schedule full of local/in office classes.

VomitOnLino
Jun 13, 2005

Sometimes I get lost.

Louisgod posted:

this legit happened and was pretty funny at the time, horse farmers/owners would get on social media and beg chuds to not buy ivermectin as all their local stores were running out and the horse owners legit needed them. I miss those stupid times.

I think the problem was less it running out and more that it made your intestinal lining fall out of your rear end in a top hat.
You know, normal stuff that happens when you treat COVID...

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

Baddog posted:

I tried to help someone in Colorado get it through a pharmacist when "test to treat" (right there in the grocery store next to the bread) was the big thing. The pharmacist wanted them to go get the whole panel of liver and kidney function tests first. Which, fair enough. But they needed a doctor to get that ordered (and more days). They just gave up.

Probably works ok if you have a copy of recent labwork.

requiring liver and kidney panels as a prerequisite for Pax is so stupid. there are millions of people in this country who are eligible for Paxlovid, but could never hope to clear that hurdle within 5 days of popping positive. If it's going to be a requirement, then that poo poo should be free and fast for all of us.

StratGoatCom
Aug 6, 2019

Our security is guaranteed by being able to melt the eyeballs of any other forum's denizens at 15 minutes notice

U-DO Burger posted:

requiring liver and kidney panels as a prerequisite for Pax is so stupid. there are millions of people in this country who are eligible for Paxlovid, but could never hope to clear that hurdle within 5 days of popping positive. If it's going to be a requirement, then that poo poo should be free and fast for all of us.

Yeah, I I literally did at least one of those for my HRT poo poo, I wish pax was easier to get in canada because I already did that poo poo!

Zugzwang
Jan 2, 2005

You have a kind of sick desperation in your laugh.

Ramrod XTreme

VomitOnLino posted:

I think the problem was less it running out and more that it made your intestinal lining fall out of your rear end in a top hat.
It was both. Vets and people with horses/other livestock had trouble getting it due to the craze. And it was indeed bad for humans to consume horse-sized doses of the stuff.

Oracle
Oct 9, 2004

fosborb posted:

speaking of, can pharmacists still prescribe pax? did anyone actually do that?

It looks like the EUA is still in effect for paxlovid (at least as of May 2023) so yeah?

quote:

What’s more, even though Paxlovid is now fully approved for use, that doesn’t change who can prescribe it. Pharmacists, physicians, and other licensed providers can all still prescribe it for eligible people.

And yes, pharmacists have been prescribing it, though not nearly as many as you'd expect. The devil is in the details.

quote:

For patients seeking COVID-19 treatment through pharmacy channels, many community pharmacies offer the option to self-screen for COVID-19 symptoms and make an appointment, or they may visit a pharmacy. Pharmacists must first determine whether a patient is eligible for Paxlovid. This includes assessing for potential drug interactions, as well as renal and hepatitic function that may contraindicate prescribing Paxlovid. However, unlike other health care providers, patient self-reporting does not suffice under the FAQs for pharmacists to assess renal and hepatitic function. Instead, according to the FAQs, a pharmacist must rely solely on health records. Health records include “an electronic health record system containing this information in progress notes of laboratory records” within the past 12 months. This may include a printed laboratory report provided by the patient or reviewing records “the patient may have access to through a phone app or other means.”

For several reasons, these requirements may be unmanageable at the pharmacy counter.

First, lack of access to patient health information in the pharmacy setting is a known barrier. The pharmacist may attempt to contact an office-based provider to obtain patient health records, but that provider must have “an established provider-patient relationship with the individual patient.” Twenty-five percent of Americans do not have an established relationship with a primary care provider. Even if the patient does have a primary care provider “cumbersome communication between pharmacists and prescribers” is known to hinder pharmacist access to patient health information.

Second, patient lab values within the past 12 months may not exist or they may not be readily accessible to the patient. Many patients have in fact delayed primary care during the pandemic, and 34 percent of patients with a primary care provider do not have labs within the past 12 months. Even if they do have recorded lab values, patients may not have ready access to lab reports or a patient portal. Indeed, a recent news report observed, “vulnerable populations, such as those that are minority populations who maybe are undocumented or who don’t have regular access to healthcare, unfortunately, and may not have those updated records.” Attempting to access a patient portal at the pharmacy counter may entail the need to retrieve a forgotten password or register for portal access, perhaps wait for an email to reset the password, or confirm the registration. The infected patient’s phone may even be passed over the counter to the pharmacist to help navigate an application or portal.

If no record can be provided, a pharmacist is required under the FAQs to refer a patient to a physician, advance practice registered nurse, or physician assistant; never mind that the patient may have chosen to seek care at a pharmacy because they do not have a primary care provider or due to difficulty scheduling an appointment. Unable to care for the patient due to these barriers, the pharmacist may also not be able to provide a referral. The risk of patient attrition under these circumstances—especially considering the patient is suffering from COVID-19 symptoms while actively seeking treatment and encountering multiple barriers—is particularly problematic given the short five-day window from symptom onset in which the Paxlovid course should begin.

Adding insult to injury, all other, non-pharmacist providers, should the patient reach them, are given the discretion to rely on patient history or health records or to initiate testing, and they need not have a prior established patient-provider relationship. Given the short time frame for beginning Paxlovid, those providers may very well opt to take the patient’s word for it rather than adding the delay of lab testing. Pharmacists are not permitted this flexibility. HHS efforts to increase telemedicine access to Paxlovid may lead to many first-time patient-provider encounters wherein the provider has no access to the patient’s medical history. Moreover, these visits may result in patient out-of-pocket costs they would otherwise not incur at the pharmacy, potentially exacerbating inequities.

So once again, if you
a) have a PCP (25% of Americans did not as of time of publication (Sept 22), most of those poor, minority, or both. That number has almost certainly grown as more doctors have left the profession and doctors are just plain not available in more places)
b) have gotten bloodwork done in the past 12 months (lots of people didn't do this before covid, it dropped off a cliff during the first two years of the pandemic)
c) said bloodwork records are accessible through an app or patient portal (and you have a smart phone, and know how to use it, and have an account actually set up, and know your password, and its working)
d) your totally not burned out, underpaid, overworked, constantly-screamed at chain pharmacist feels like doing all this extra leg work for someone whose records aren't easily accessible at their fingertips WITHOUT GETTING REIMBURSED FOR WHAT IS ESSENTIALLY A 30 MINUTE CONSULT

Then yes, your friendly neighborhood pharmacist can prescribe.

quote:

Pharmacy access to Paxlovid is a critical health equity issue. Just as vaccines and masks have played an outsized role in mitigating the spread and severity of COVID-19, effective treatment is now central to stemming COVID-19’s morbidity and mortality, especially as masking and vaccination requirements are relaxed. According to CDC data, since the Paxlovid program began, 220,000 people have died from COVID-19 and thousands have been hospitalized daily. Underscoring the disparities in these deaths, 1,076,762 oral antiviral prescriptions were dispensed in the United States between December 23, 2021 and May 21, 2022, yet dispensing rates were lowest in the highest vulnerability ZIP codes despite these ZIP codes having the largest number of dispensing sites. Nine out of 10 Americans live within five miles of a pharmacy. Pharmacy access to Paxlovid ultimately stands to ensure the sickest COVID-19 patients start therapy on time, reducing hospitalizations and deaths.

Oh, another note:

quote:

Previously, a positive COVID test was also required in order to dispense Paxlovid. However, on February 1, 2023, the FDA removed this requirement. Now, it’s only a recommendation. This opens the door to treatment for people who test negative for COVID but have symptoms and are at high risk for severe illness.
So if you're wondering why some sites stopped requiring tests and others didn't, that's why. If they ask you for a positive test, just point them to the revised doc and see if they change their mind.

Also:

quote:

When should Paxlovid not be prescribed?

Paxlovid should not be prescribed:

To patients who need to be hospitalized because of severe COVID

For either pre-exposure or post-exposure prophylaxis

For longer than a 5-day duration

To patients with severe renal impairment, or an estimated glomerular filtration rate (eGFR) of less than 30 mL/min

To patients with severe hepatic impairment, or Child-Pugh class C or greater

To patients taking certain interacting medications
We should probably also highly discourage any talk of doing or encouraging this abuse from this thread, given its lack of official authorization. Sure hope nobody's been doing this! Wouldn't want the thread to get shut down.

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

taking pax as a regular pre-exposure or post-exposure prophylaxis sounds awful lol

you'd be tasting metal almost 24/7

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT

Platystemon posted:

I would like to discuss why Dr. Michael Thomas Osterholm, MPH, director of CIDRAP at the University of Minnesota, last fall appeared to say that he himself had obtained Paxlovid before contracting a case and encouraged members of the public to do the same.

quote:

https://www.cidrap.umn.edu/covid-19/positive-note posted:
So to summarize, one, I'm out there living my life right now, but I'm taking precautions in a way that does not mean I can't live my life, but I am not putting myself at risk. I'm using my N95, I'm fully vaccinated, I have my Paxlovid. I have a protocol for family members and friends getting together, and its surely does add another wrinkle to life.

The following week,

quote:

https://www.cidrap.umn.edu/covid-19/time-be-thankful-alert posted:
This is truly, truly a time where we appreciate our health care workers more than ever. And finally, let me just say, get your vaccine, both COVID and influenza. Have your Paxlovid ready to go or at least be able to get at it if you should get COVID. And do not be afraid or uncomfortable to wear your N95 in public. Go wherever you want to go with it. I today am proud of it, and I want everyone to understand that together we can do much more to protect ourselves in public settings if we want.

The good doctor exercised a certain amount of discretion in his guidance, but I do believe that “I have Paxlovid on hand, and you should, too” is the plain reading of his statements.

For all future reference, this is the doctor I talked to.

RandomBlue
Dec 30, 2012

hay guys!

Biscuit Hider

Oracle posted:

[snip] lots of good stuff

Thanks, lot of good info in this post.

VomitOnLino
Jun 13, 2005

Sometimes I get lost.

U-DO Burger posted:

taking pax as a regular pre-exposure or post-exposure prophylaxis sounds awful lol

you'd be tasting metal almost 24/7

As someone who has no access to pax, come heaven or hell --

I'd rather that than the wrecked state my body is now in after one loving bout with this poo poo... but hey you do you

Shiroc
May 16, 2009

Sorry I'm late
Some goons don’t want to taste metal all the time even though doctors say you need to eat iron to live, curious.

Shiroc
May 16, 2009

Sorry I'm late
Since I’m back again, I’m gonna share a nice little moment from last week. My apartment gave notice about required upgrades on my ac unit that would take all day. I was worried about having people in my apartment and getting a contractor to wear a mask. I taped a sign asking them to and some auras and kf94s.

Dude came, put on one of the auras properly before knocking and it ended up being no issue at all.

StratGoatCom
Aug 6, 2019

Our security is guaranteed by being able to melt the eyeballs of any other forum's denizens at 15 minutes notice

Shiroc posted:

Since I’m back again, I’m gonna share a nice little moment from last week. My apartment gave notice about required upgrades on my ac unit that would take all day. I was worried about having people in my apartment and getting a contractor to wear a mask. I taped a sign asking them to and some auras and kf94s.

Dude came, put on one of the auras properly before knocking and it ended up being no issue at all.

I mean, let's be honest, an n95 is probably the minimum protection I'd demand going into a goon cave anyway even before covid. :v:

StratGoatCom has issued a correction as of 02:51 on Aug 22, 2023

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

StratGoatCom posted:

I mean, let's be honest, an n95 is probably the minimum protection I'd demand going into a goon cave anyway. :v:

:hmmyes:

nexous
Jan 14, 2003

I just want to be pure

Shiroc posted:

before 2020 asking people to do such a small favor and them actually doing it would never be on my list of “wow”

PoundSand
Jul 30, 2021

Also proficient with kites

Shiroc posted:

That's great, and it was for a good cause too. Our AC went out last week (capacitor was shot) during a full blown 110 degree heatwave, I dunno how people could live without ac before but I certainly can't now.

Complaints about wearing masks always confused me in the first place. I had coworkers that were like pack+ a day smokers talk about how the mask was preventing them from getting enough oxygen and it didn't really seem like their priorities were straight. Though I guess maybe if their lungs were already struggling a mask might have felt worse.

Shiroc
May 16, 2009

Sorry I'm late

StratGoatCom posted:

I mean, let's be honest, an n95 is probably the minimum protection I'd demand going into a goon cave anyway even before covid. :v:

Given the weird way n95s filter smells, a goon cave should have OVs for guests and contractors.

DickParasite
Dec 2, 2004

Slippery Tilde

Shiroc posted:

Hell yeah

StratGoatCom posted:

:lmao:

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right
Further on the horse paste discussion, a reminder that a doctor in Arkansas was running his own little captive research group by secretly treating all the covid positive inmates in a Washington County jail with ivermectin

quote:

Four inmates at an Arkansas jail have filed a federal lawsuit after they say medical staff gave them the anti-parasitic drug ivermectin to treat COVID-19 without telling them what it was. The inmates said they were told the medicines they were taking were "vitamins," "antibiotics" or "steroids."

Federal health authorities and leading medical experts warn that ivermectin should not be used to treat the coronavirus, but a small group of doctors and a chorus of right-wing figures have endorsed the drug for COVID-19 patients.

The complaint names Washington County Sheriff Tim Helder, the Washington County Detention Center, Dr. Robert Karas and his medical practice, Karas Health Care.
https://www.npr.org/2022/01/18/1073846967/arkansas-inmates-ivermectin-lawsuit-covid-19

That's just one example of a doctor prescribing ivermectin or hydroxychloroquine, there were a bunch more posted in the older threads. There were also a bunch of bullshit studies that were being used by the pro-ivermectin/hydroxychloroquine crowd(I think there was a big study out of Pakistan that was getting quoted a lot?) as well as similar studies for palm oil and other bullshit cures

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fansy
Feb 26, 2013

I GAVE LOWTAX COOKIE MONEY TO CHANGE YOUR STUPID AVATAR GO FUCK YOURSELF DUDE
Grimey Drawer
I never get a second opinion or talk back, my doctor will take it as a breach of trust.

The Oldest Man posted:

I'll simply get my potentially dangerous prescription drugs from a qualified healthcare professional [walks into naturopath's office]