Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Look at your sheet and then print the page on your browser but in PDF. Very handy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Whoreson Welles
Mar 4, 2015

ON TO THE NEXT PAGE!
My Saturday morning draft was going so well until JSN and Addison got sniped within 3 picks before me.

gently caress!

Floofy
Jan 17, 2004
Thanks for the earlier advice on Hyatt, Musgrave, Downs, and Dell. Downs ended up getting taken two ahead of me, and Hyatt got sniped right before. I took Musgrave.

So far in my 4 round rookie/fa draft, I’ve got Richardson, Spears, and Musgrave. Last pick will probably be a DB. Hamilton or J Adams whoever’s available.

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Whoreson Welles posted:

My Saturday morning draft was going so well until JSN and Addison got sniped within 3 picks before me.

gently caress!

It’s definitely the worst when you’re like “hell yeah I would love any of these 3-4 guys with my next pick, sittin pretty”. Then they ALL go consecutively and you have 90 seconds to figure out plan Z.

The Wild Man of YOLO
Apr 20, 2004

A little cross-country, gentlemen?

Docjowles posted:

It’s definitely the worst when you’re like “hell yeah I would love any of these 3-4 guys with my next pick, sittin pretty”. Then they ALL go consecutively and you have 90 seconds to figure out plan Z.

I like to think that this is what happened to the Giants this year when the four first-round WRs went off the board all in a row right before their pick

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Step 1: Start fight
Step 2: Attack straw man
Step 3: REPEAT

Do not engage with me

The Wild Man of YOLO posted:

I like to think that this is what happened to the Giants this year when the four first-round WRs went off the board all in a row right before their pick

And then they still managed to get the best receiver of the bunch in the third. :v:

Y'all out here playing checkers while Daboll out here playing chess

Whoreson Welles
Mar 4, 2015

ON TO THE NEXT PAGE!
Well finally finished up the salary cap keeper league. I feel really good about my starters but the wheels came off after Addison and JSN got nabbed.

QB - Lamar Jackson
RB - Nick Chubb
RB - Tony Pollard
WR - Tyreek Hill
WR - AJ Brown
WR - Michael Thomas (threw up in my own mouth)
TE - Evan Engram
Flex - Alexander Mattison
D - Pats
K - Greg Joseph

Bench:
James Conner
Romeo Doubs
Roschon Johnson
Allen Lazard
Jalin Hyatt
Tyler Allgeier
Adam Thielen

I just kept punting on WRs and ended up with Michael Thomas as my WR3 so not feeling great. Hopefully one of my bench guys pans out!

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe

Cat Hassler posted:

Okay I realized you gotta scroll way down past ads to get to the form

Got my customized sheet now! If I could only figure out how to save and print it

Oh well I won my league the first year by just showing up to the draft with a copy of Sport Illustrated’s rankings

Well poo poo. Tell me what that ad looked like and I'll kill it. Google ads sometimes puts some real dumb stuff in there and I have to manually go in and snipe.

Also keepers when shifting to a superflex league seems rather broken. I'd go Wilson in thr 15th just to give myself the option of snapping up a round 2 qb that falls because half the league doesn't value qb correctly in SF.

Probably won't happen, but it's worth the chance if I'm also getting a free Wilson

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Do not engage with me

Whoreson Welles posted:

WR - Michael Thomas (threw up in my own mouth)

This made me lol. Honestly, your core is good enough that you'll be fine.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Floofy posted:

Thanks for the earlier advice on Hyatt, Musgrave, Downs, and Dell. Downs ended up getting taken two ahead of me, and Hyatt got sniped right before. I took Musgrave.

So far in my 4 round rookie/fa draft, I’ve got Richardson, Spears, and Musgrave. Last pick will probably be a DB. Hamilton or J Adams whoever’s available.

I got Richardson and Spears with my first two picks too! :dance:

ZombieCrew
Apr 1, 2019
Ive got the first pick in a 12 man ppr superflex (2qbs) league. Mahommes or Allen? Or a mysterious 3rd option? Qbs are high priority in this league.

Bellmaker
Oct 18, 2008

Chapter DOOF

ZombieCrew posted:

Ive got the first pick in a 12 man ppr superflex (2qbs) league. Mahommes or Allen? Or a mysterious 3rd option? Qbs are high priority in this league.

At this point Mahomes until he retires

Pain of Mind
Jul 10, 2004
You are receiving this broadcast as a dream...We are transmitting from the year one nine... nine nine ...You are receiving this broadcast in order t
Cannot really go wrong with Mahomes, Allen, or Hurts there.

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe
Allen has finished qb1, qb1, and qb2 the last three years. Mahomes finished qb4, qb8, and qb1.

Also Josh Jacobs signed, per Ian Rapoport. Javing trouble linking the tweet on mobile

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

I understand not wanting Kelce at #1 and that you may be drafting at his ceiling but also that’s a great problem to have specifically at the TE position. I’d rather have a slightly down year from Kelce than just about every other single TE myself. Also you can’t discount the fun factor of having him on your team when he goes the gently caress off in a game and everyone’s talking about it.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
Edit lol nm drunk nerds is on it

Spoeank fucked around with this message at 19:35 on Aug 26, 2023

somedude
Mar 27, 2011

Kilometers Davis posted:

I understand not wanting Kelce at #1 and that you may be drafting at his ceiling but also that’s a great problem to have specifically at the TE position. I’d rather have a slightly down year from Kelce than just about every other single TE myself. Also you can’t discount the fun factor of having him on your team when he goes the gently caress off in a game and everyone’s talking about it.

It's me, I drafted Kelce first overall in my no-money work league (12 team 0.5 PPR). I kept seeing all these discussions about his positional advantage is 1-2 in the whole league but would always then see him ranked 5-6th overall, so I decided to try it out. And I got Jacobs at the 2-3 turn so I'm feeling pretty good with the news today.

Bellmaker
Oct 18, 2008

Chapter DOOF

I was all over the Eagles D early last year, I think the Jags D could fill a similar niche this year. The Chiefs, Buffalo, and Cinci could be scary but the rest seems like easy points, and they have a hot playoff schedule.

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Sataere posted:

This made me lol. Honestly, your core is good enough that you'll be fine.

I felt awesome last year gambling on Thomas and he scores 3 TDs in the first 2 weeks. Holy poo poo I am going to smash this league!!!

This feeling lasted exactly one more week before balance was restored to the Force.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

This is gonna be a long two weeks

Cat Hassler
Feb 7, 2006

Slippery Tilde

Drunk Nerds posted:

Well poo poo. Tell me what that ad looked like and I'll kill it. Google ads sometimes puts some real dumb stuff in there and I have to manually go in and snipe.

This is the one that fooled me. The content was wayyyy down the page

I’m not the smartest guy in the world though

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe

Cat Hassler posted:

Those suck so hard and it's not just you. Going in to snipe it right now

Cat Hassler
Feb 7, 2006

Slippery Tilde
My draft is about to start and got #2 pick

Tempted to get Kelce as we’re .5 PPR 1 rb 2 FLX and I’m leery of CMC (assuming JJ goes first)

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Nothing wrong with taking Kelce #2

thalweg
Aug 26, 2019

I have covid right now and my league drafted today. I totally forgot about the concept of remembering what team my players are on and drafted 2 vikings, 2 bucs, and 2 pats. I still think my team might be ok though? I picked 2nd and think it probably would have been better to take Najee, Gibbs, or maybe Aaron Jones at the top of the 3rd, but the idea of just having 3 wr slots stacked was really tempting so grabbed Wilson. By the time it got back to me, the choices were like Akers, Mattison, Dobbins, Sanders, Hall, and none of it felt good. And then i kinda forgot i needed some more late round bets on rbs and grabbed juju and flowers. It kinda seems like I need Kamara to bail me out when he comes back.

Standard, 10 team
QB J Burrow (CIN)
RB A Mattison (MIN)
RB C Akers (LAR)
WR J Jefferson (MIN)
WR AR St Brown (DET)
WR G Wilson (NYJ)
TE P Freirmuth (PIT)
WRT Mike Evans (TB)
WRT R White (TB)
DEF New Orleans

BN A Kamara (NO)
BN Z Flowers (BAL)
BN J Smith-Schuster (NE)
BN E Elliot (NE)
BN R Johnson (CHI)

ZombieCrew
Apr 1, 2019
Roschon Johnson has a decent chance to be very good. As a bears fan, i think hes trending towards starter material pretty quick.

EconDad
Jul 20, 2013

you talkin' to me Sheriff?

oh... I thought you was talkin' to me.

THOSE DAMN ENCHILADAS

ZombieCrew posted:

Roschon Johnson has a decent chance to be very good. As a bears fan, i think hes trending towards starter material pretty quick.

I'll be surprised if he's not the top RB for the bears... very quickly.

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

thalweg posted:

I have covid right now and my league drafted today. I totally forgot about the concept of remembering what team my players are on and drafted 2 vikings, 2 bucs, and 2 pats. I still think my team might be ok though? I picked 2nd and think it probably would have been better to take Najee, Gibbs, or maybe Aaron Jones at the top of the 3rd, but the idea of just having 3 wr slots stacked was really tempting so grabbed Wilson. By the time it got back to me, the choices were like Akers, Mattison, Dobbins, Sanders, Hall, and none of it felt good. And then i kinda forgot i needed some more late round bets on rbs and grabbed juju and flowers. It kinda seems like I need Kamara to bail me out when he comes back.

Standard, 10 team
QB J Burrow (CIN)
RB A Mattison (MIN)
RB C Akers (LAR)
WR J Jefferson (MIN)
WR AR St Brown (DET)
WR G Wilson (NYJ)
TE P Freirmuth (PIT)
WRT Mike Evans (TB)
WRT R White (TB)
DEF New Orleans

BN A Kamara (NO)
BN Z Flowers (BAL)
BN J Smith-Schuster (NE)
BN E Elliot (NE)
BN R Johnson (CHI)

Team looks solid! Drop Zeke the moment you need a roster spot or there’s a hot pickup

Cat Hassler
Feb 7, 2006

Slippery Tilde
Welp just got home from my live bar league draft (at the bar so it was a drunken shitshow)

Not necessarily in order because I left my sheet I wrote my picks on at the bar

CMC
CeeDee Lamb
Amon Ra St Brown
Lamar Jackson
Diontae Johnson
Samaje Perine
Brian Robinson
Quentin Johnston
Elijah Moore
Elijah Mitchell
Marvin Mims
De von Achane
Alec Pierce

Not thrilled but not that bad?

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Cat Hassler posted:

Welp just got home from my live bar league draft (at the bar so it was a drunken shitshow)

Not necessarily in order because I left my sheet I wrote my picks on at the bar

CMC
CeeDee Lamb
Amon Ra St Brown
Lamar Jackson
Diontae Johnson
Samaje Perine
Brian Robinson
Quentin Johnston
Elijah Moore
Elijah Mitchell
Marvin Mims
De von Achane
Alec Pierce

Does this league have tight ends? Cause if so you might want to make an immediate waiver move when you wake up tomorrow

Cat Hassler
Feb 7, 2006

Slippery Tilde

Docjowles posted:

Does this league have tight ends? Cause if so you might want to make an immediate waiver move when you wake up tomorrow

Oh yeah I drafted Sam LaPorta in like the13th round

DeadMansSuspenders
Jan 10, 2012

I wanna be your left hand man

Cat Hassler posted:

I think it's decent. I also took Mims late! I'm in a 12 man, 0.5 ppr

QB D Jones
WR DK Metcalf
WR C. Ridley
RB Chubb
RB T. Pollard
TE Goedert
FLX D. Swift

BN R. White
BN M. Brown
BN J Wilson jr
BN Z Flowers
BN R. Mostert
BN MIMS

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

I'd be concerned to roll with one tight end and he's a rookie. I feel like they have a bad track record of performing their first year or two. Even Kelce didn't break a 1000 yards until his fourth year.

thalweg
Aug 26, 2019

At that point you're probably fine to just stream tight end or just pick up the first guy who looks decent on the wire. My candidate for tight end sleeper is juwan johnson, carr likes throwing to TEs

Vargo
Dec 27, 2008

'Cuz it's KILLIN' ME!
Speaking of TEs, I'm drafting 7th in a 12-team PPR league. Traditional wisdom is saying to grab Kelce here, but I'm thinking I could get away with getting Mandrews in the third round or Waller even later and get close levels of production at a discount, without having to sacrifice the chance to get like, Austin Ekeler in the first.

Does this make sense or should I just grab Kelce?

(This strategy brought to you by "listening to the fantasy footballers podcast yesterday")

Vargo
Dec 27, 2008

'Cuz it's KILLIN' ME!
Reminder that Blue Shell Goon League is still happening and we need one more player to make at least an eight-person league.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Big draft tonight and zero other plans today so I've been digging deep and I'm seeing videos of Sauce Gardner struggling to stay with Hyatt and holding him a full ten yards on deep patterns.

Maybe the most talented corner in the league, forced to hold Hyatt to keep up.

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Do not engage with me

Vargo posted:

Speaking of TEs, I'm drafting 7th in a 12-team PPR league. Traditional wisdom is saying to grab Kelce here, but I'm thinking I could get away with getting Mandrews in the third round or Waller even later and get close levels of production at a discount, without having to sacrifice the chance to get like, Austin Ekeler in the first.

Does this make sense or should I just grab Kelce?

(This strategy brought to you by "listening to the fantasy footballers podcast yesterday")

I've been banging this drum all offseason. I'm fine with Kelce late first/early second, but Monken in TB was top five in passing attempts for three years. Baltimore is going to Sling it and MAndrews is their WR1. I think this builds a much stronger team.

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

kiimo posted:

Big draft tonight and zero other plans today so I've been digging deep and I'm seeing videos of Sauce Gardner struggling to stay with Hyatt and holding him a full ten yards on deep patterns.

Maybe the most talented corner in the league, forced to hold Hyatt to keep up.

I love Hyatt and loved him pre-actual draft. It makes me lol that Doltos hated him and then his giants drafted him.

Hyatt does seem like a late-season-high-octane pick like Amon St Brown was.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Party Boat
Nov 1, 2007

where did that other dog come from

who is he

Cat Hassler posted:

Jesus Christ lol

Is the internet even usable these days if you don't set up adblocker extensions and a pihole