Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

nawilo_420
Nov 24, 2021
Probation
Can't post for 26 days!

pidan posted:

Most of the pay gap is because women have lower paying careers and many more women than men take time off to have children. If you compare young childless women / men in the same jobs they basically get paid the same. Whether that's fair is a question ppl have very diverse opinions about lol.

yes and now really use you brain and think about why "women's careers" are lower paying op. you're almost there!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nektu
Jul 4, 2007

FUKKEN FUUUUUUCK
Cybernetic Crumb

Sereri posted:

It's due to "Bremsen" being the worst thing a German can think of

Holy poo poo :allears:

Hopper
Dec 28, 2004

BOOING! BOOING!
Grimey Drawer
Yeah, I was going to say something similar.

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.
Bin gleich zurück, just quickly giving all my daughters boy names and then pushing for the erasure of gender on public documents. That way the Buchhaltungsabteilung won't know any better and pay them a lot more.

Antigravitas
Dec 8, 2019

Die Rettung fuer die Landwirte:
FEDIDWGUGL

niethan
Nov 22, 2005

Don't be scared, homie!

Grendels Dad posted:

Bin gleich zurück, just quickly giving all my daughters boy names and then pushing for the erasure of gender on public documents. That way the Buchhaltungsabteilung won't know any better and pay them a lot more.

what the gently caress is a boy name?!

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Wolfhard

Hopper
Dec 28, 2004

BOOING! BOOING!
Grimey Drawer
Boy George of course.

Zwille
Aug 18, 2006

* For the Ghost Who Walks Funny

I bet they do

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

niethan posted:

what the gently caress is a boy name?!

Not Grendel, apparently

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

GABA ghoul posted:

Not Grendel, apparently

Beowulf confirms, sort of.

nawilo_420
Nov 24, 2021
Probation
Can't post for 26 days!
Adolf

Son of Rodney
Feb 22, 2006

ohmygodohmygodohmygod

Gerbert

Hermanfred

Reinhans

Güntlef

Germany is full if hypermasculine names, you can't avoid them

aphid_licker
Jan 7, 2009

Penismann

Libluini
May 18, 2012

I gravitated towards the Greens, eventually even joining the party itself.

The Linke is a party I grudgingly accept exists, but I've learned enough about DDR-history I can't bring myself to trust a party that was once the SED, a party leading the corrupt state apparatus ...
Grimey Drawer
Man, I'm depressed today. My cat dragged more mice into the apartment. One I could catch and save, but the second tried to hide under my foot as it came down, and I accidentally broke nearly every single bone in its small body. The poor thing is still alive, but probably not for long. Tomorrow I'll transport the healthy one back into the forest, and see if I can do something about the dying one*. :(

Dealing with a little pet predator if you have high empathy is like hell. I love my cat more than those dumb mice, but I still feel bad if they manage to escape my cat only to suicide away from my clumsy attempts at saving them.

Honestly, this makes me wonder how owners of e.g. snakes deal with that poo poo. Do they just not feel anything when feeding living mice to their pets? A disturbing thought.

*I've looked up what to do in case of feral mice, and it's dire. It's one of the few wild animals we dumbasses don't like. Fledermäuse? Igel? Squirrels? You can find people for anything, but mice? Vets will kill them for you, since even if they can be saved, the long process of healing while near humans would stress them out so much they wouldn't survive anyway. At least according to vet sites on the internet.

I don't want to kill the mouse, though. For now, I've just put the poor thing into the terrarium with the living mouse, so at least it won't die alone.

Zwille
Aug 18, 2006

couldn’t you bag it up and put it in the freezer? If it’s anything like with humans after a bit it becomes very peaceful and - uh nevermind it’ll suffocate before that :/

tbh i’d suggest dropping a stone like a Ziegelstein on it, make it quick, but maybe your version gives better peace of mind. Condolences, I know the feeling.

And re: Katze dragging things in we’ve disabled the katzenklappe again and are doing visual checks before we let them in. This has considerably removed the carnage from the inside of the home. Still try and shoo the cat away when/if we catch it with prey outside but other than that not much you can do with an outie cat except letting it out during later times when birds breed for example.

Smirr
Jun 28, 2012

Well, you could also NOT let the cat outside.

Zwille
Aug 18, 2006

no

aphid_licker
Jan 7, 2009

Cats bad

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Try for some ironic punishment and tie the dead mouse around the cat's neck so it'll walk around with the thing for the next few days.

Libluini
May 18, 2012

The Linke is a party I grudgingly accept exists, but I've learned enough about DDR-history I can't bring myself to trust a party that was once the SED, a party leading the corrupt state apparatus ...
Grimey Drawer

Zwille posted:

couldn’t you bag it up and put it in the freezer? If it’s anything like with humans after a bit it becomes very peaceful and - uh nevermind it’ll suffocate before that :/

tbh i’d suggest dropping a stone like a Ziegelstein on it, make it quick, but maybe your version gives better peace of mind. Condolences, I know the feeling.

And re: Katze dragging things in we’ve disabled the katzenklappe again and are doing visual checks before we let them in. This has considerably removed the carnage from the inside of the home. Still try and shoo the cat away when/if we catch it with prey outside but other than that not much you can do with an outie cat except letting it out during later times when birds breed for example.

Because of this, Amber has strict hours, and if she behaves (days when I don't find dead animals in my bathroom) she is allowed outside in the evening. But since I work the entire day, there's not much else I can do except keeping the cat flap programmed to a strict 7-hour sequence starting at 10 am (late enough to give birds a flying chance).

After dark, she is also not allowed outside, since we're near the forest plus there are always some strays around. Amber loves picking fights with them, the little maniac.

Smirr posted:

Well, you could also NOT let the cat outside.

Sadly, I value my cat's mental health far higher than the life of the mice she kills. In this way, I'm not much better than your average snake owner, I suppose. :shrug:

My vet has a lot less trouble with this than me, she told me eating mice is one of the most healthiest things a cat can do. :lol:

A bigger apartment would help a lot, but :lol: at getting a bigger one here, everything is either immediately gone, three times as expensive for not much more space, or not even built yet.

nawilo_420
Nov 24, 2021
Probation
Can't post for 26 days!
our cat doesn't go outside and she's the chillest and happiest cat in existence

Zwille
Aug 18, 2006

maybe time to reevaluate the horse drug storage location

Libluini
May 18, 2012

Grimey Drawer

nawilo_420 posted:

our cat doesn't go outside and she's the chillest and happiest cat in existence

my cat however, would simply kill me and go outside anyway, if I didn't let her outside

Amber just gently caress'n loves running through the green at full tilt. She only has three settings: Gepart, Gepard and Sonic the Hedgehog.

My current life goal is finally making enough money I can get a Wohnung big enough Amber can go completely nuts without having to go outside. Oh, and an autonomous robotic mouse she could chase around. That'd be nice too, since we're dreaming and all.

pidan
Nov 6, 2012

Mods??

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan
Cats good

Dogs?

also good!

Son of Rodney
Feb 22, 2006

ohmygodohmygodohmygod

Cats durchwachsen

niethan
Nov 22, 2005

Don't be scared, homie!
Cats are killing my Windräders food

Son of Rodney
Feb 22, 2006

ohmygodohmygodohmygod

Windmills have gotten up to 5MW onshore, with rotordurchmesser upwards of 200m, do you even realize how many birds you need to lubricate them? Every Spatz counts in are fight against climate change.

nawilo_420
Nov 24, 2021
Probation
Can't post for 26 days!

Goa Tse-tung posted:

Cats good

Dogs?

also good!

the rich tapestry of life

Tarquinn
Jul 3, 2007

I know I’ve made some very poor decisions recently, but I can give you
my complete assurance that my work will be back to normal.
Hell Gem

I’m trying, but butan no worky. :f5:

Zwille
Aug 18, 2006

mods taking a cat nap

Hopper
Dec 28, 2004

BOOING! BOOING!
Grimey Drawer
Mods' cats have infected them with toxoplasmosis to make them slaves to their bidding...

Sereri
Sep 30, 2008

awwwrigami

Posted in the deutschcord but not here for some reason

I'm

quote:

Stehst Du auf ,,Mahlzeit", dann ist die Runde uberhaupt nicht zu verlieren!

aphid_licker
Jan 7, 2009

Bouncing dat T-34 shell at 550m still can't have been fun

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

Sereri posted:

Posted in the deutschcord but not here for some reason

I'm

Oh yeah the panzer manual. The Mahlzeit part is hilarious. It's so loving German. Illustrating the importance of angling your hull by way of sausage slicing.

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa

aphid_licker posted:

Bouncing dat T-34 shell at 550m still can't have been fun

Many would pay for the chance to be shot at by a cannon while they're inside an unpenetrable box, probably. As long as it really is unpenetrable/unspalleable...

nawilo_420
Nov 24, 2021
Probation
Can't post for 26 days!

Nenonen posted:

Many would pay for the chance to be shot at by a cannon while they're inside an unpenetrable box, probably. As long as it really is unpenetrable/unspalleable...

what

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa
There are people who pay good money to be able to die on the Everest or on trip to see the Titanic. Just saying that there's a business idea here as well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

aphid_licker
Jan 7, 2009

Titanic sub company has expertise in building reasonably solid boxes AND currently looking for a new Beschäftigungsfeld, get them on that