Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Will Stereotype
This poll is closed.
fall in love? 10 8.33%
have a transcendent life altering experience that elevates their consciousness to a higher state? 14 11.67%
take some cool photos? 7 5.83%
get jumped and sent to the hospital by furries? 32 26.67%
waste his time and money? 57 47.50%
Total: 120 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Joey Steel
Jul 24, 2019

a.lo posted:

hiking through the mud does suck. but if you can make it on foot to a main road in two hours you're not all that "stranded" are you?

Seriously, this has to be thread of the year. So dumb it has turned into amazing

I just wanna be here when the calls of "goldmine" ring out.

Stereotype posted:

so what I’ve learned from this thread is that burning man makes people not at burning man go completely insane and turn into fanatical bloodthirsty monsters.

No way, I want you, LaCrosse and theflyingexecutice to be safe and give us a trip report with photos as soon as you are out of there and have a chance to upload a bunch of photos. I'm just loving the absurdity of the whole situation. Goonspeed.

Joey Steel fucked around with this message at 20:03 on Sep 3, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Saucer Hovers
May 16, 2005

aw frig aw dang it posted:

train everybody who admits to attending this thing to yospos. tia

neutral milf hotel
Oct 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Regarde Aduck posted:

that's... an exact description of the biosphere thread you posted. A thread designed not to inform or inspire, but to tell people it's too late and to do nothing because there is nothing to be done. Christ you're a despicable human being. Exactly the loving horrible freak I thought you were. Like sometimes you wonder if that person is as bad as you think they are. Maybe something has biased me against them? Nope you're a dumb piece of poo poo. Please, don't fall over and drown in the mud.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Woke Mind Virus
Aug 22, 2005

Stereotype posted:

I leave on Friday.

ram dass in hell
Dec 29, 2019

:420::toot::420:

Ohtori Akio posted:

lol at page

ram dass in hell
Dec 29, 2019

:420::toot::420:

JAY ZERO SUM GAME posted:

attending a ukranian propaganda event with official Nike pavilions, alongside Nestle corporate attorneys in propeller beanies thirsty to be made supreme court justices, I say, "haters gonna hate"

Dixon Chisholm
Jan 2, 2020

lumpentroll posted:

face off remake starring steve harvey and jim carrey

absolutely

DarkSithLord
Apr 14, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

train everybody who admits to attending this thing to yospos. tia

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Rasputitsa devours another offensive

speng31b
May 8, 2010

lumpentroll posted:

face off remake starring steve harvey and jim carrey

concerning

Ohtori Akio
Jul 15, 2022

Vox Nihili posted:

Rasputitsa devours another offensive

lol

DarkSithLord
Apr 14, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

Stereotype posted:

so what I’ve learned from this thread is that burning man makes people not at burning man go completely insane and turn into fanatical bloodthirsty monsters.

gently caress you

DarkSithLord
Apr 14, 2023

by Fluffdaddy
waddling around in the ebola-infested mud and pretending it's a great time lmfao

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

a.lo posted:

hiking through the mud does suck. but if you can make it on foot to a main road in two hours you're not all that "stranded" are you?

the mud is a lot stickier than regular mud. you could be 3-6 miles from the road, which is a barely traveled rural route, then 5-8 miles from a larger but still barely traveled main road. in the mud this could take literally 12 hours to do.

it's raining p hard again, but this morning a lot of people drove out on the drier parts of the playa. cops are letting people go

happy to keep on the ground reports of diplo's ebola tho

CaptainBeefart
Mar 28, 2016

Lol

DarkSithLord
Apr 14, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

theflyingexecutive posted:

the mud is a lot stickier than regular mud. you could be 3-6 miles from the road, which is a barely traveled rural route, then 5-8 miles from a larger but still barely traveled main road. in the mud this could take literally 12 hours to do.

it's raining p hard again, but this morning a lot of people drove out on the drier parts of the playa. cops are letting people go

gently caress you

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

lmao

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

how many cspam goons are at burning man? 3?

Joss Laypeg
Oct 11, 2007
A psychotic is a guy who's just found out what's going on. - WSB
I saw a film where they put a policeman in the big burning man and then they had clement weather and good harvests, maybe they should look into it?

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
thank god the cops gave the OK to leave the radical anarchistic gathering of artists

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

Guys, did you know that Ukraine is using weapons to fight the Russian Army?

CaptainBeefart
Mar 28, 2016

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w2OrP3cw_IM

aw frig aw dang it
Jun 1, 2018

Feels Villeneuve posted:

thank god the cops gave the OK to leave the radical anarchistic gathering of artists

speng31b
May 8, 2010

AnimeIsTrash posted:

don't you read yospos i assumed more of those goons would be the type

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Stereotype posted:

You should be a Communist if you think people going to cool places is important.

I think this is precisely what Marx wrote

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

im at burning man right now

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

Stereotype posted:

Hello! Welcome to reading this thread, idiot. Your funeral.

I am continuing my series of posts about going to The Most Inhospitable Places On Earth! Last time in this series I went to Antarctica, which is cold and has penguins who are angry giant birds who smell like dead fish. Everyone loved it: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3675525. I've been to antarctica several times, but have not for quite a few years entirely because of Republicans/Conservatives, who are awful. You should be a Communist if you think people going to cool places is important. I posted this in YOSPOS last time, and am posting it in CSPAM this time, so don't make me regret it.

This time I'm going to Burning Man, an anarchistic gathering of artists who build a city in some dead lake managed by the imperial government in order to have fun. I am camping with someone I met on eve online. There is apparently a possibility I will die. Stay tuned!

I'll be at 3:20 and esplanade if anyone else is going and wants to say hello to me. I leave on Friday.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
communism is about hanging out with friends, traveling the world, and rubbing shoulders with the stars.

aw frig aw dang it
Jun 1, 2018

the Going To Cool Places Is Important Manifesto

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

I am Metango, Galactic Governor

AnimeIsTrash posted:

how muddy is it on a scale of hot-not

DarkSithLord
Apr 14, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

AnimeIsTrash posted:

like 4 or 5

DarkSithLord
Apr 14, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

AnimeIsTrash posted:

gently caress you!!

Ohtori Akio
Jul 15, 2022

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

I am Metango, Galactic Governor

evil tankies lolling at my vacation to international waters for the silicon valley crowd

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
this mf decided to go to burning man bc Antarctica had too many libs

speng31b
May 8, 2010

which one are you

Poppers
Jan 21, 2023

the Going To Cool Places Is Important Manifesto

Lol