Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: skooma512)

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud posted:

Remember the good old days of this thread, when everyone smoothly transitioned from making GBS threads on the economy to investing in AMC and Gamestop overnight? That ruled

HELL YEAH

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

Mr Hootington posted:

CNN is having a segment with Justin wolfers that is talking about how the car unions are greedy.

it's greedy to want more than what you have now

StratGoatCom
Aug 6, 2019

Our security is guaranteed by being able to melt the eyeballs of any other forum's denizens at 15 minutes notice

bedpan posted:

they were not protestors because otherwise the dozens of security forces operating in DC would have machine gunned them in droves miles from the capitol

Centrist Committee
Aug 6, 2019
jokers to the left of me, clowns to my right I tell ya

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

Bar Ran Dun posted:

Willa the folks storming the capital were mostly reactionary white small business owners.

defending them as “protestors” is stupid. it’s a right wing narrative being inserted into left spaces.

one of the cop-city protestors charged with RICO is a lawyer with the SPLC; does that make him a reactionary white lawyer elite who deserves imprisonment?

and you're wrong; the right-wing narratives being inserted in left-wing spaces is that only certain people are allowed to protest only certain things.

"mostly reactionary white small business owners" is a meme propagated by succlibs who only want the people they choose to have rights that they determine.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
Russia lovers have infested these forums

tristeham
Jul 31, 2022

comedyblissoption posted:

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

insane clown pussy
Jun 20, 2023

Oglethorpe posted:

are police lumprenproles

they're there to give the proles their lumps

PoundSand
Jul 30, 2021

Also proficient with kites

eXXon posted:

Mine is similar - more expensive but max annual benefits are only slightly higher than the cost.

... except a couple of years ago I got corneal dystrophy and found out they pay in full for anything "medically necessary" (in this case, specialized hard contacts). I had to decide whether to renew the plan before I got diagnosed and nothing in the documents actually said anything about that but I gambled and it paid off.

Still lolling at the idea that only a select subset of prescription lenses are considered medically necessary, though.

My job's vision insurance is weird. Despite their terrible health insurance they actually give a total freebie minimum package for vision, it's by no means good (my optometrist's billing guy legit laughed at how bad it was) but it does give pay for your exam, give a token flat rate discount on basic lenses, and a flat percentage discount on "extras" (various protective coatings, or if you need more specialty lenses). It does however allow you to pay for a "premium" vision plan for pretty cheap, like 1.50 per weekly paycheck, but the premium version is somehow worse in several aspects such as requiring a copay on an annual exam and having less of a flat discount on lenses, the tradeoff is it has a higher % discount on specialty lenses so if you need bifocals/progressive/whatever it'll end up being cheaper. The dividing line on whether to get it or not is obvious (do you need something beyond single vision lenses) but it's just bizarre to me that the higher tier is transparently worse on stuff like copays. You'd think worst case scenario you'd lose money for paying for more insurance than you needed but it doubly penalizes you by having basic stuff cost more too.

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

Mr Hootington posted:

CNN is having a segment with Justin wolfers that is talking about how the car unions are greedy.

Right on cue, the establishment is already teeing up the unions to take the blame for "Bidenomics" being a failure.

insane clown pussy
Jun 20, 2023

the putinist unions are depriving you, gentle democratic voters of your nightly yuk-yuks by keeping the talented writers and actors from making your favorite talk shows happen

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
https://twitter.com/Porter_Anderson/status/1700628542311088383?t=3rIqMYVN5I3_mXwkptp7zw&s=19
https://twitter.com/JustinWolfers/status/1700139036499689802?t=VO-y1NBywsTDrBW0XxYBfw&s=19

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

https://twitter.com/c_giardinelli/status/1700266342639951919
https://twitter.com/c_giardinelli/status/1700266337090887830

Skaffen-Amtiskaw
Jun 24, 2023

It's loving TENET, like the film, not TENANT like the actor.

Jesus loving Christ.

insane clown pussy
Jun 20, 2023

take your rear end to the barbershop
tell the barber that you're sick of looking like an rear end in a top hat

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer

Remember the good old days of this thread, when everyone smoothly transitioned from making GBS threads on the economy to investing in AMC and Gamestop overnight? That ruled

no because i dont have any loving money

PoundSand
Jul 30, 2021

This one is tbh kind of fair. I live in a conservative place and have many conservative coworkers that claim to be independent but obviously vote straight ticket R every cycle and you will absolutely hear them rant about Biden on stocks or whatever despite all having similar 401k plans you can look at to say we're on track to have our retirements increase by 12% this year. The actual material conditions do absolutely not matter to these people, they could gain money during a D presidency and lose it during an R one and does not matter at all because it's all team sports. If they were born somewhere else with neoliberal parents and friends they would absolutely be die hard biden fans regardless of material conditions because they are largely insulated from the actual effects of politics.

Not a defense of joe obviously dude sucks but it is somewhat of a broken clock matter. A lot of well off people who could absolutely be democrats because neoliberalism benefits them will reject it regardless because they're simply team red.

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/YahooNews/status/1700639326848139544?s=20

aw frig aw dang it
Jun 1, 2018

insane clown pussy posted:

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

go after small business tyrants too cowards

silentsnack
Mar 19, 2009

Donald John Trump (born June 14, 1946) is the 45th and current President of the United States. Before entering politics, he was a businessman and television personality.

insane clown pussy posted:

barber help i'm a fugly ghoul

for that all I've got is: cinderblock to the skull, repeat until chunky red paste

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT

Vox Nihili posted:

this is how dental and optometry insurance work in America, they're basically just a tax-deductible way to prepay for some care and purchases

at some point in the history of our healthcare industry the powers that be decided that eyes and teeth aren't medically necessary parts of the body and split them off into separate profit streams

that probe cartoon is amazing

quote:

Animal-Mother has issued a correction as of 23:54 on Sep 9, 2023

tristeham
Jul 31, 2022
lol

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001
speng ftw lol

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry
Haven't done a shrinkflation post in awhile. This month's roundup isn't as good as the previous 4 but eh, some funny ones.

Previous shrinkflation roundups:

somehow the most shrinking part of this is the cook time. i'm guessing also qualityflation in addition to shrinkage.

not even doggo toys are exempt from getting small. rip doggo, maybe bricks are shrinking too if they're lucky

not so lucky on the food, rip again doggo

oral-b reducing their replacement brushes by 25%. embarrasing

average height of humans is shrinking so it makes sense to match with a 12% reduction

el paso box taco shells. this is good because it means you can fit the shrinking meats, cheese, and lettuce into an appropriate bun

10% reduction because gently caress you. those are gunna save us 0.0001 cents per bottle.

tfw decreasing qa/qc always somehow means more shrink.

world's worst candy just got even more worse, somehow

this one is kinda funny because kraft boxes have been shrinking so much since the 90s. this doesn't even feed a single kid anymore

continuing poo poo ticket shrink

20% less lovely granola bars. but hey, new shiny box 'tho. as a consumer i am pleased by paying more for less in exchange for a dope box

less toothpaste but hey you have a shiny knob. that's cool -- worth it imo.

they just dimpled their packaging and put less in to save 0.0000001 cents per pack.

wheat thins now healthier and less calories per box. hurray

this one is funny because not even lipstick is safe and it's such a petty gently caress you reduction

unilever continuing to shrink Ben & Jerry's which is already hilariously loving tiny these days. who the gently caress is still buyting this, soon it's gunna be like that kid from willy wonka

offbrand pringles for $3.50 lol

NOW BIGGER

now not bigger, but looks the same

smackin' my honey around for buying a tiny rear end box of cereal

lol even scotts paper also shrinking. 10x12 to 9x12

i think this was a repeat but i keep lolling at buying a mid rear end pasta sauce

Truniht
Jan 10, 2019

it’s just as likely you just sold yourself out to right now big talking points like jimmy dore did

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

Xaris posted:

shrinkflation

these are super good. thank you for posting them

Paradoxish
Dec 19, 2003

Will you stop going crazy in there?

Yeah. I have no idea how accurate this guy's post is, but if the "bubble" pops it will absolutely be because a ton of people are losing their homes, with all the massive economic implications and misery that come along with that. I know a few people now who seem to be in a certain amount of financial stress with their mortgages and if that's really widespread then it's probably the one mechanism where prices will come down briefly.

Just briefly, though. Cash will snap most of it up pretty quickly imo, especially with so many people suddenly falling off the property ladder for good and needing places to rent.

shrike82
Jun 11, 2005

That reddit post specifically points at ARM mortgages where people are stuck with floating rates.
ARMs make up a much smaller proportion of mortgages overall than pre-GFC

https://twitter.com/MayankSeksaria/status/1506316744540962822?s=20

90sgamer
Jun 28, 2023
fuck off worms butthole guy!!!

2020 was a banner year for everyone

PoundSand
Jul 30, 2021

soon Kraft dinner will be 2 cheese blends

Morbus
May 18, 2004

shrike82 posted:

That reddit post specifically points at ARM mortgages where people are stuck with floating rates.
ARMs make up a much smaller proportion of mortgages overall than pre-GFC

https://twitter.com/MayankSeksaria/status/1506316744540962822?s=20

imagine someone getting an adjustable rate mortgage in 2018-2019, lmao

Azuth0667
Sep 20, 2011

By the word of Zoroaster, no business decision is poor when it involves Ahura Mazda.

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

someone in one of those once angrily announced that they would not listen to anyone who typed in all lowercase

Those kind of meltdowns were hilarious.

Dixon Chisholm
Jan 2, 2020

silentsnack posted:

barber help i'm a fugly ghoul

for that all I've got is: cinderblock to the skull, repeat until chunky red paste

i also want to kill justim wolfers via brutal assault. im very normal.

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009
Libs calling January 6th an insurrection will never stop being funny and also cringe at the same time.

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

Regarde Aduck posted:

no because i dont have any loving money

And yet every active voice in the thread was jumping into day trading when the AMC/Gamestop poo poo hit

Makes you think about who actually posts here

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

it's greedy to want more than what you have now

When you assemble $105K cars and expect to make $30 an hour, that's greedy

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001

And yet every active voice in the thread was jumping into day trading when the AMC/Gamestop poo poo hit

Makes you think about who actually posts here

shut the gently caress up landlord lib

Second Hand Meat Mouth has issued a correction as of 04:41 on Sep 10, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

Second Hand Meat Mouth posted:

shut the gently caress up landlord lib