Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

Oh yeah, go out of your way to see Talk To Me if you didn't catch it already, it's fantastic.

The jumpscare the first time she uses the hand and turns to face the ghost/demon/thing is an immediate top 10 ever.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Earlier this year I managed to get literally ones of people to watch Legend of the Stardust Brothers, so I have faith that this will be the year I finally talk someone into watching X-Cross. It's such a fun movie!

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

Gripweed posted:

Earlier this year I managed to get literally ones of people to watch Legend of the Stardust Brothers, so I have faith that this will be the year I finally talk someone into watching X-Cross. It's such a fun movie!

i watched i just forgot to post. i'll dredge up the thread tomorrow and say something

Shrecknet
Jan 2, 2005

Charlie Bucket is a final girl, CMV.

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

Time for the gritty re-imagining of Charlie and the Chocolate Factory... Charlie Bucket OF BLOOD.

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost

King Vidiot posted:

They could have Brad Dourif play himself and get possessed by Chucky, gently caress it let's get even dumber and more meta!

Love this idea

Xiahou Dun
Jul 16, 2009

We shall dive down through black abysses... and in that lair of the Deep Ones we shall dwell amidst wonder and glory forever.

TheKingslayer posted:

Time for the gritty re-imagining of Charlie and the Chocolate Factory... Charlie Bucket OF BLOOD.

There’s a very bad horror RPG module based on sending your group of barbarians and wizards into a Willy Wonka chocolate factory. The oompaloompas are profoundly racist and a lot of it is clearly just for the author’s inflation fetish.

So uh, don’t get that guy, probably.

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

*Jigsaw puppet dressed like Willy Wonka wheels in*

"Grandpa Joe, you stole fizzy lifting drinks, I'd like to play a game..."

dorium
Nov 5, 2009

If it gets in your eyes
Just look into mine
Just look into dreams
and you'll be alright
I'll be alright

Lucked out tonight and was able to see The Hitcher in theaters on an original 35mm reel. It looked appropriately like it was dragged across asphalt and raw. What a picture! It’s got me even more excited for the 4K restoration next year.

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

My mother told me never to do this!

M_Sinistrari
Sep 5, 2008

Do you like scary movies?

Xiahou Dun posted:

There’s a very bad horror RPG module based on sending your group of barbarians and wizards into a Willy Wonka chocolate factory. The oompaloompas are profoundly racist and a lot of it is clearly just for the author’s inflation fetish.

So uh, don’t get that guy, probably.

Is that Blood in the Chocolate? If it is, I was in a discussion over what in table top RPGs that are as bad or worse than FATAL and it was mentioned as being very rapey.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

dorium posted:

Lucked out tonight and was able to see The Hitcher in theaters on an original 35mm reel. It looked appropriately like it was dragged across asphalt and raw. What a picture! It’s got me even more excited for the 4K restoration next year.

I'm jealous as gently caress.

Xiahou Dun
Jul 16, 2009

We shall dive down through black abysses... and in that lair of the Deep Ones we shall dwell amidst wonder and glory forever.

M_Sinistrari posted:

Is that Blood in the Chocolate? If it is, I was in a discussion over what in table top RPGs that are as bad or worse than FATAL and it was mentioned as being very rapey.

That’s the one. It is indeed very rapey. And racist. And so much inflating. It’s really bad and I’m sorry.

There’s a read through of it from the FATAL and Friends thread. I’ll link that when I get to a computer in case people need to see the pain themselves.

Edit : For your "edification" No I don't recommend reading this.

Xiahou Dun fucked around with this message at 14:33 on Sep 13, 2023

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

Always remember that the former President was dumber than the dumbest person you've ever met by a wide margin

King Vidiot posted:

They could have Brad Dourif play himself and get possessed by Chucky, gently caress it let's get even dumber and more meta!

Cult of Chucky referenced One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest, Chucky presumably could have seen it while he was still Charles Lee Ray. Hell, he could even have been a big fan of Ragtime and liked Brad Dourif in that.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

A Fancy Hat posted:

Cult of Chucky referenced One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest, Chucky presumably could have seen it while he was still Charles Lee Ray. Hell, he could even have been a big fan of Ragtime and liked Brad Dourif in that.

Charles Lee Ray died in 1989, so I'm going with the theory that he saw Brad Dourif in Lynch's Dune.

Class3KillStorm
Feb 17, 2011

Finally got around to getting some frames for some of those posters that Shout Factory sent me. Now I just have to figure out a place to hang 'em in my new place.

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007
Everyone should play DUKE games.

:dukedog:

Xiahou Dun posted:

That’s the one. It is indeed very rapey. And racist. And so much inflating. It’s really bad and I’m sorry.

There’s a read through of it from the FATAL and Friends thread. I’ll link that when I get to a computer in case people need to see the pain themselves.

As soon as I saw it was made for Lamentations of the Flame Princess I knew this was going to be godawful lol

dorium
Nov 5, 2009

If it gets in your eyes
Just look into mine
Just look into dreams
and you'll be alright
I'll be alright

Class3KillStorm posted:

Finally got around to getting some frames for some of those posters that Shout Factory sent me. Now I just have to figure out a place to hang 'em in my new place.

Lifeforce should go over the toilet so whoever is there is always being watched.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
FEEL FREE TO DISREGARD THIS POST

It is guaranteed to be lazy, ignorant, and/or uninformed.

Class3KillStorm posted:

Obviously these all belong in the bedroom.

WeaponX
Jul 28, 2008

dorium posted:

Lifeforce all of them should go over the toilet so whoever is there is always being watched.

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴

Class3KillStorm posted:

It's not important what room or hallway they're put in, it only matters that they're as close to the ceiling as possible.

dorium
Nov 5, 2009

If it gets in your eyes
Just look into mine
Just look into dreams
and you'll be alright
I'll be alright

Ok.

Candyman should be on the ceiling always looking down.

Child's Play 2 should be the average neck height of the house residents so you can stand in front of it and look like Chucky is about to chop your head off

Child's Play should be tucked in a corner and high so the eye is always watching from a corner.

Lifeforce should still just be over a toilet but pretty high up.

:colbert:

M_Sinistrari
Sep 5, 2008

Do you like scary movies?

Xiahou Dun posted:

One would think after how many decades I've been online that I would learn that when someone says something's really bad and provides a link for proof, that when I click said link thinking 'how bad can it be?', it's going to be really bad with worse sprinkled in. I've never heard of Lamentation of the Flame Princess, but I'll avoid it with a 10 meter cattleprod.

I legitimately think it would be less time and effort to write up a horror themed Willy Wonka without the WTFery than trying to customize the module without it.

Though now I'm thinking of a warlock with a Lord of the Sweets pact firing off eldrich blasts of pepperminty death.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Baron von Eevl posted:

It's not important what room or hallway they're put in, it only matters that they're as close to the ceiling as possible.

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink

Neo Rasa posted:

As soon as I saw it was made for Lamentations of the Flame Princess I knew this was going to be godawful lol

Was that one of the "Old School Renaissance" games? I've heard that whole movement got coopted by shitheads pretty quickly.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

It still has never been explained to my satisfaction how he managed to get them perfectly flush with the ceiling.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
FEEL FREE TO DISREGARD THIS POST

It is guaranteed to be lazy, ignorant, and/or uninformed.
I grow tired of the thread title suggest a new one.

Ambitious Spider
Feb 13, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Gripweed posted:

Now I don't want to spoil you on the third movie,

Hey now, the third has a kid's adventure movie thing going on. Which was fine, but it's my least favorite of the three. It did have one of my favorite scenes of the trilogy the hawk attack, the snowy climax is something new, and the villain's comeuppance is particularly rough. These were a blast to watch. I think snake girl and the silver haired witch is also from this studio, and it's on shudder, so it'll probably be my next watch.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Hollismason posted:

It’s them drat enchiladas

A True Jar Jar Fan
Nov 3, 2003

Primadonna

Ambitious Spider posted:

I think snake girl and the silver haired witch is also from this studio, and it's on shudder, so it'll probably be my next watch.

It's one of my favorites, I hope you enjoy it!

Shrecknet
Jan 2, 2005

Hollismason posted:

Shrecknet posted:

it's actually about an Evil Ronald Reagan (well, more evil)

Shrecknet posted:

what are ya'lls favorite deglovings?

Shrecknet posted:

The average regdate of the top 20 posters in this thread is 2008. We're old now lol.

Shrecknet posted:

despite the rumors, Tobe Hooper directed Poltergeist

Shrecknet posted:

Eat poo poo, François Truffaut

Shrecknet posted:

Charlie Bucket is a final girl

TheMopeSquad
Aug 5, 2013

Class3KillStorm posted:

Just need four more Candyman posters then hang them all near the bathroom mirror.

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

Hollismason posted:

Crescent Wrench posted:

Esqueleto de Punk Rock

shoeberto posted:

Stop scaring people, this is the horror thread.

CelticPredator posted:

Watch Chucky start a loving war

Kazzah posted:

Across the Chuckiverse

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Hollismason posted:

Gripweed posted:

this will be the year I finally talk someone into watching X-Cross.

Shrecknet
Jan 2, 2005

Hollismason posted:

actually no, changing my answer to:

CelticPredator posted:

PKMN Trainer Red
Oct 22, 2007

Soy el Esqueleto de Punk Rock.

Uncle Boogeyman
Jul 22, 2007

CelticPredator posted:

lmao i missed this

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine

Neo Rasa posted:

To be fair not everything for Lamentations of The Flame Princess is bad, just a lot of it

Schwarzwald posted:

Was that one of the "Old School Renaissance" games? I've heard that whole movement got coopted by shitheads pretty quickly.

That is an extreme overexaggeration, yes there are a good amount of shitheads but it's far from the whole group

Shrecknet
Jan 2, 2005

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Lmfao