Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

who's gonna eat the eggs?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

redm posted:

that thing is made out of gd paper mache

Well yeah it’s a piñata

Fish Appreciator
Nov 25, 2021

But with eggs and titty bones.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

redm posted:

that thing is made out of gd paper mache

Well maybe they evolved from cellulose-based lifeforms, you don't know :colbert:

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

I'd just step on those aliens robustly if they ever tried to abduct me.

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

porfiria posted:

If they are oviparous and live underground, could they be descendants of the dinosaurs who went underground when the meteors hit the earth?

yes

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

Megillah Gorilla posted:

and the lols start coming and they don't stop coming

I'm the really happy blood pressure monitor slash thermometer on the bottom left

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

I want a live one for my house

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

MrQwerty posted:

I want a live one for my house

Cats love it!

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Shinjobi posted:

I gotta gently caress dat mummy

Weird way to talk about your wife but whatever works I guess.

NoiseAnnoys
May 17, 2010

naem posted:

how do people have such specific ideas about what an alien is or what interaction with them would be like

it’s like a religion

they are basically the same as the dumb poo poo jesus freaks who get elected into public office except with less charisma.

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

I'm no expert but I'm pretty sure 22C / 49% humidity is not the appropriate environment for preserving 1000 year old mummies.

DiomedesGodshill
Feb 21, 2009

Megillah Gorilla posted:

Cheeto-licious

Edit: I can post the cutout if anyone wants it.

DiomedesGodshill fucked around with this message at 18:26 on Sep 13, 2023

Icochet
Mar 18, 2008

I have a very small TV. Don't make fun of it! Please don't shame it like that~

Grimey Drawer
These aliens are poo poo

pop fly to McGillicutty
Feb 2, 2004

A peckish little mouse!

MrQwerty posted:

who's gonna eat the eggs?

Hey now,

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Just kickin little swarming aliens off left and right.

naem
May 29, 2011

people seeing weird zips of light in the sky and on camera and the government releases cockpit footage saying “we don’t know what this is, yes we have this video of an odd phenomena, we are keeping an eye out.”

a guy investigates and gets blocked and testifies “yeah they won’t tell me what’s going on, let me now allude to some weird stuff that I am not saying is what’s going on but other people told me might be going on but I’m not saying that myself”

people then invent whole cloth a belief system

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

Grusch just wanted a way to set himself up for life doing no work, and making winky "I can neither confirm nor deny that information" type statements on the UFO circuit for the next thirty years is gonna be super lucrative for him.

Roundup Ready
Mar 10, 2004

ACCIDENTAL SHIT POSTER

Shinjobi posted:

I gotta gently caress dat mummy

Brave to talk about your tic tac dick so openly

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar
It's amazing how they realised how pathetically fake their alien looked and their big idea to hide it was to just loving toss handfulls of sand over it.

jokes posted:

I'm the really happy blood pressure monitor slash thermometer on the bottom left

It's not even that, it's a cheap thermometer with space for two readouts. I have one on my fridge.

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

Megillah Gorilla posted:

It's not even that, it's a cheap thermometer with space for two readouts. I have one on my fridge.

I won nearly that exact model in grade 5 when I won a weather broadcasting contest through our local news station that our school made us apply to. This was in 2000.

It had a little wire you could dangle out the window to get the external temperature at the same time as the internal temperature.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

ThinkTank posted:

I won nearly that exact model in grade 5 when I won a weather broadcasting contest through our local news station that our school made us apply to. This was in 2000.

It had a little wire you could dangle out the window to get the external temperature at the same time as the internal temperature.

Congrats on that big win!

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

redshirt posted:

Congrats on that big win!

Kids from our school finished 1/2/3 in every category. I don't think anyone else applied.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

ThinkTank posted:

Kids from our school finished 1/2/3 in every category. I don't think anyone else applied.

Freaking Millennials.

KrunkMcGrunk
Jul 2, 2007

Sometimes I sit and think, and sometimes I just sit.

Can I have a nibble of the alien? Maybe it tastes really good

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

Megillah Gorilla posted:

Oh poo poo my grandmother had two of these on a shelf in her living room. I always thought it was just some weird trippy statue.

down1nit
Jan 10, 2004

outlive your enemies

Impossibly Perfect Sphere posted:

Oh poo poo my grandmother had two of these on a shelf in her living room. I always thought it was just some weird trippy statue.

A child's incense burner sculpture

ManaJerk
Dec 11, 2004

An extraordinary moron!

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

There's an excellent book called "Round In Circles" by Jim Schnabel which goes into the history of the crop circles phenomenon and the scientists who spent years and years studying it. They broke into two main camps: scientists who were absolutely adamant that the crop circles were a natural phenomenon caused by localized tornadoes and scientists who were absolutely adamant that they were being caused by alien visitors. They feuded for years and years over their pet theories, writing up papers and published regular "cerealogy' journals and holding seminars and flying in guest lecturers from overseas and doing media interviews and rushing around documenting new crop circles whenever they appeared and holding weeklong "field trips" where they monitored fields and tried to collect footage of crop circles being created.
Spoiler: the entire 'phenomenon' was just a hoax, and always had been. The author of the book should know, he was one of the main offenders and had created dozens and dozens of crop circles over the years which the scientists swore couldn't possibly have been made by humans.

Bigfootology is also broken into similar opposing camps, with one group of 'researchers' being absolutely adamant that bigfoot is a mundane flesh & blood creature which is just really good at hiding, and the other group which is absolutely adamant that bigfoots are dimension-traveling creatures which communicate via telepathy. Each camp holds their own annual conventions and is convinced that the other guys are nuts who have missed the entire point.

I keep comparing UFOlogy to bigfootery because both fields work exactly the same way and have people forming similar theories based off pretty much the same type of evidence and jumping to similar conspiracy theories to explain why "the real evidence" has been withheld from the public. Many Bigfootologists believe that the forestry department has been systematically hiding evidence of bigfoot for decades and the Smithsonian has been collecting giant skeletons and hiding them away because they'd disprove current scientific theories on evolution n' poo poo. They're also usually pretty darn sure they know what will happen when they inevitably interact with the thingie and they're sure it'll happen real soon.

There's also always a fringe element who believe they're already in regular communication with the thingies: there's a whole lot of people who believe that bigfoots talk to them telepathically, a whole lot of spiritualists who believe that specific dead people talk to them, and UFO dudes who believe that aliens are talking to them telepathically or that they have special UFO summoning skills:

Sadly, it sounds like untreated mental illness. :smith:

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

MarcusSA posted:

Weird way to talk about your wife but whatever works I guess.

Roundup Ready posted:

Brave to talk about your tic tac dick so openly

Reported for making a goddang joke out of everything. Can we be serious for a moment and talk about engaging in physical relations with this shriveled up authentic alien mummy owned by the Mexican government please????

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Puckanas posted:

Sadly, it sounds like untreated mental illness. :smith:

Oh definitely. A whole lot of it is also encouraged by locals feeding stories to gullible explorers/tourists for tips. "Yetis? Oh I'm not really supposed to talk about it to outsiders but .... yeah I heard lots of stories. If we go out into the hills I bet I can even find a footprint for you, you wanna hire me as a guide?"

The guys who were pulling all the crop circles hoaxes were going to the regular Crop Circle Explorers meetings at the local pub and quietly hanging out with the true believers and sometimes even going on their "field expeditions" with them

KrunkMcGrunk
Jul 2, 2007

Sometimes I sit and think, and sometimes I just sit.

Shinjobi posted:

Reported for making a goddang joke out of everything. Can we be serious for a moment and talk about engaging in physical relations with this shriveled up authentic alien mummy owned by the Mexican government please????

You can gently caress it after I get to eat one of its feet

Haverchuck
May 6, 2005

the coolest
that thing looks like a Giacometti

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

KrunkMcGrunk posted:

You better hurry, someone already ate all the toes off one of its feet

Megillah Gorilla posted:

Zefiel
Sep 14, 2007

You can do whatever you want in life.

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

There's an excellent book called "Round In Circles" by Jim Schnabel which goes into the history of the crop circles phenomenon and the scientists who spent years and years studying it. They broke into two main camps: scientists who were absolutely adamant that the crop circles were a natural phenomenon caused by localized tornadoes and scientists who were absolutely adamant that they were being caused by alien visitors. They feuded for years and years over their pet theories, writing up papers and published regular "cerealogy' journals and holding seminars and flying in guest lecturers from overseas and doing media interviews and rushing around documenting new crop circles whenever they appeared and holding weeklong "field trips" where they monitored fields and tried to collect footage of crop circles being created.
Spoiler: the entire 'phenomenon' was just a hoax, and always had been. The author of the book should know, he was one of the main offenders and had created dozens and dozens of crop circles over the years which the scientists swore couldn't possibly have been made by humans.

Bigfootology is also broken into similar opposing camps, with one group of 'researchers' being absolutely adamant that bigfoot is a mundane flesh & blood creature which is just really good at hiding, and the other group which is absolutely adamant that bigfoots are dimension-traveling creatures which communicate via telepathy. Each camp holds their own annual conventions and is convinced that the other guys are nuts who have missed the entire point.

I keep comparing UFOlogy to bigfootery because both fields work exactly the same way and have people forming similar theories based off pretty much the same type of evidence and jumping to similar conspiracy theories to explain why "the real evidence" has been withheld from the public. Many Bigfootologists believe that the forestry department has been systematically hiding evidence of bigfoot for decades and the Smithsonian has been collecting giant skeletons and hiding them away because they'd disprove current scientific theories on evolution n' poo poo. They're also usually pretty darn sure they know what will happen when they inevitably interact with the thingie and they're sure it'll happen real soon.

There's also always a fringe element who believe they're already in regular communication with the thingies: there's a whole lot of people who believe that bigfoots talk to them telepathically, a whole lot of spiritualists who believe that specific dead people talk to them, and UFO dudes who believe that aliens are talking to them telepathically or that they have special UFO summoning skills:

See, I used to agree that crop circles were man-made until Maussán (same dude who is showing off the jerky mummies) showed this video on his TV show:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6M6vP8-SbU0

Now that I've debunked that silly idea that crop circles are not alien in origin let's all 'refuel' our energies with some tasty supplements courtesy of mr Maussán:

https://biomaussan.com/

VVV That would've been a fun Star Trek episode

Zefiel fucked around with this message at 20:21 on Sep 13, 2023

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Like a tiny alien charging from the right, kick!

Two more from the left! KICK KICK!

Oh you want some of this? KICKS!!!!!

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right
It's clearly a goblinoid (possible a leprechaun) and not an alien

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HDUjTVHJWxA

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

Maybe it's just one of AMLO's elves

Zefiel
Sep 14, 2007

You can do whatever you want in life.

ThinkTank posted:

Maybe it's just one of AMLO's elves

Does SA have an equivalent AMLO lol thread, like the Trump one? I'd love to post a lot in it

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

KrunkMcGrunk posted:

Deal

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Lil ayy lmao