Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

WHY BONER NOW
Mar 6, 2016

Pillbug
From time to time I think of my favorite moment of demon knight: Billy zane pops out of the shower and wraps the heroine with the curtain and yells "It's CURTAINS for you!!!" as she shrieks.

In fact I was just thinking about it a couple days ago

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
I like when he’s forced to drop the act and starts tearing off his outfit while screaming “gently caress this cowboy poo poo! You loving hoedown podunk well-then-there motherfuckers! All you had to do was give me the goddamn key!” and then calmly “And then we could’ve gone on with our lives…”

WHY BONER NOW
Mar 6, 2016

Pillbug
Huh I didn't know a Pet Semetary prequel was coming

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1IgQpRyfwbE

I never watched the recent remake (and by accounts I don't need to), but this might be interesting. And I guess Stephen King approves

https://twitter.com/StephenKing/status/1701723487126139285?t=sYUKk18XW8kTmkDS7boGAw&s=19

Sometimes, dead is better

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004

drrockso20 posted:

if you're planning to read Lovecraft's works in print rather than digitally I'd recommend the four volume paperback set that Wordsworth Editions did as part of their "Tales of Mystery & The Supernatural" series* as they're cheap yet fairly high quality for the price and they also cover more or less all of Lovecraft's fiction(including the "juvenilia" and collaborative works of his that often get left out of "complete" collections of his stories)

*quite a few other classics have been released in this series as well, been meaning to buy some of the other volumes as well

Hot tip, I'm gonna grab these thanks!

WeaponX
Jul 28, 2008

WHY BONER NOW posted:

Huh I didn't know a Pet Semetary prequel was coming

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1IgQpRyfwbE

I never watched the recent remake (and by accounts I don't need to), but this might be interesting. And I guess Stephen King approves

https://twitter.com/StephenKing/status/1701723487126139285?t=sYUKk18XW8kTmkDS7boGAw&s=19

Sometimes, dead is better

King is a shill for pretty much anything these days, which I mean whatever get that bag I guess

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

The greatest sensual pleasure there is is to know the desires of another!

Fun Shoe
:spooky:OCTOBER CHALLENGE UPDATE:spooky:

The Challenge thread will be posted 2 WEEKS from today, on Friday, September 29th. The Challenge will officially begin that day, which gives everyone a weekend's headstart on October.

The bonus challenges will also be posted at some point that day, but probably a few hours after the thread itself.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
It's bothering me that I can't remember which Halloween that pumpkin is from. I want to say the end of six and the flame gets snuffed out while Loomis is screaming?

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

The greatest sensual pleasure there is is to know the desires of another!

Fun Shoe
You are correct

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
Thank you spooky pal.

EDIT: I remember seeing part six in the theater when I was twelve years old and even then saying "But it doesn't make any sense!" It may have been the first movie that really got to me like that.

Lumbermouth
Mar 6, 2008

GREG IS BIG NOW

Takes No Damage posted:

2 childhood staples right there, just the right mix of scary but still goofy enough for kids. If it was a triple bill with Creepshow I'd drive to any of the lower 48 to attend.

Absolutely follow the Mahoning Drive-In on whatever social media you have, because not only do they have insane weekend festivals like that one but you can also pay a little more and camp overnight on the theater grounds if you're coming from out of state.

EDIT: like this is September's calendar

Lumbermouth fucked around with this message at 16:15 on Sep 15, 2023

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

Basebf555 posted:

:spooky:OCTOBER CHALLENGE UPDATE:spooky:

The Challenge thread will be posted 2 WEEKS from today, on Friday, September 29th. The Challenge will officially begin that day, which gives everyone a weekend's headstart on October.

The bonus challenges will also be posted at some point that day, but probably a few hours after the thread itself.

Ahhhh, I'm so excited.

In the spirit of the holiday, does anyone have that compilation that got posted in here a while back that was a bunch of old trailers and halloween commercials?

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
I love old Halloween commercials. It used to be the only time they'd be allowed to get creative.

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

Always remember that the former President was dumber than the dumbest person you've ever met by a wide margin

Jumping on the Demon Knight train; I met Billy Zane in person at a con several years ago and told him how much I loved the movie. He was incredibly nice and talked to me and my wife for like 20 minutes (he didn't have much of a line) about the movie and how much fun he had on it. I've met a bunch of celebrities over the years but he was among the nicest.

I still think you could do a Demon Knight 2, although maybe it's best it remains a one-off thing.

Count Thrashula
Jun 1, 2003

Death is nothing compared to vindication.
Buglord

Takes No Damage posted:

2 childhood staples right there, just the right mix of scary but still goofy enough for kids. If it was a triple bill with Creepshow I'd drive to any of the lower 48 to attend.

It is actually a triple bill, sorta...- Friday is Ernest Scared Stupid / Killer Klowns, and Saturday is Critters / Killer Klowns

sigher posted:

Where is this going down?

The Mahoning Drive In, in Lehighton PA.

There's a great documentary about this historic drive in - https://m.imdb.com/title/tt7116000/?ref_=ext_shr_lnk

Also the cherry on top of everything is they only show original 35mm prints, nothing digital.

Class3KillStorm
Feb 17, 2011

Lumbermouth posted:

Absolutely follow the Mahoning Drive-In on whatever social media you have, because not only do they have insane weekend festivals like that one but you can also pay a little more and camp overnight on the theater grounds if you're coming from out of state.

EDIT: like this is September's calendar

This is in Pennsylvania, right? Isn't that also where Joe Bob Briggs was filming (already filmed?) the specials that they're running on Shudder right now?

Also, I was never as big on Critters 1 as I was Critters 2, so seeing that they have Killer Klowns paired with Ernest Scared Stupid on Friday is actually a bigger draw, for me personally.

Lumbermouth
Mar 6, 2008

GREG IS BIG NOW

Class3KillStorm posted:

This is in Pennsylvania, right? Isn't that also where Joe Bob Briggs was filming (already filmed?) the specials that they're running on Shudder right now?

Also, I was never as big on Critters 1 as I was Critters 2, so seeing that they have Killer Klowns paired with Ernest Scared Stupid on Friday is actually a bigger draw, for me personally.

Yup, enough of a hike from Philly that I couldn't go see Bullet In The Head of an evening, but close enough that I could make a weekend out of it.

PKMN Trainer Red
Oct 22, 2007

Just started watching Lair of the White Worm for the first time, knowing only that it takes place in the English countryside and features Hugh Grant, and I am absolutely dying that the movie's first sentence is virtually unintelligible English 'OYYY WOTS ALL THIS THEN' gibberish. Absolutely rules.

Flying Zamboni
May 7, 2007

but, uh... well, there it is

PKMN Trainer Red posted:

Just started watching Lair of the White Worm for the first time, knowing only that it takes place in the English countryside and features Hugh Grant, and I am absolutely dying that the movie's first sentence is virtually unintelligible English 'OYYY WOTS ALL THIS THEN' gibberish. Absolutely rules.

I watched this for the first time last year and I'm surprised it doesn't have more of a cult following. It's really fun.

CV 64 Fan
Oct 13, 2012

It's pretty dope.
Evil Dead Trap slapped. Is the sequel worth a watch?

Uncle Boogeyman
Jul 22, 2007

PKMN Trainer Red posted:

i'm obsessed with the off-brand Pogues that play the theme song at the beginning, there is next to no information to be found about them online.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

They live in the lair of the white wyrm

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!
I remember being obsessed with some song that played during The Decline of Western Civilization Part 2, but it was apparently some LA hair metal band that never released anything.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.

Disposable Scud posted:

Evil Dead Trap slapped. Is the sequel worth a watch?

Not really. Kind of rapey if I remember right.

Uncle Boogeyman
Jul 22, 2007

CelticPredator posted:

They live in the lair of the white wyrm

I genuinely hope they're actually from that village irl

Xiahou Dun
Jul 16, 2009

We shall dive down through black abysses... and in that lair of the Deep Ones we shall dwell amidst wonder and glory forever.

PKMN Trainer Red posted:

O buddy, you are in for some great times and some very, very gifable images.

I watched that for the birth-year challenge last year and holy poo poo, happy birthday to me.

poo poo I should totally learn the worm song. Why do I even play except to do that lol.

PKMN Trainer Red
Oct 22, 2007

Umm excuse me did that lady just bite a teenager on the dick and then tell him he has bad breath and B.O.?

This movie absolutely rules.

PKMN Trainer Red fucked around with this message at 17:33 on Sep 15, 2023

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!
I enjoyed Grave Encounters. Should I watch the sequel?

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost
I am forever greatful to this thread for taking me into the lair of the White Worm.

Nikumatic
Feb 13, 2012

a fantastic machine made of meat

Halloween Jack posted:

If you like the first one, you'll probably like the second one as well. It does some fun stuff with its sequel status in the beginning as I recall.

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴

Halloween Jack posted:

People are going to tell you no because it's dumb and bad, but I say yes because it's dumb and bad. One of the main ghosts is featured on most of the posters and he's just a big tall dude with a bulbous head and his mouth is really big and I like to imagine him climbing in the window or bursting in through the door because he just wants to hang out. "Hey guys! What's going on in here!"

Uncle Boogeyman
Jul 22, 2007

this scene was my introduction to Ken Russell at like age 12 and it's definitely one of the key things that warped my brain for life

Xiahou Dun
Jul 16, 2009

We shall dive down through black abysses... and in that lair of the Deep Ones we shall dwell amidst wonder and glory forever.

PKMN Trainer Red posted:

Umm excuse me did that lady just bite a teenager on the dick and then tell him he has bad breath and B.O.?

This movie absolutely rules.

Wow, Adrian Brody’s having a rough day.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.
Ken Russell really loves his religious imagery montage. He does one in Altered States as well that's pretty good.

Kind of low quality but :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SbORCePOELE

PKMN Trainer Red
Oct 22, 2007

I wish I loved anything as much as Ken Russell loves the idea of nuns masturbating.

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003

Baron von Eevl posted:

People are going to tell you no because it's dumb and bad, but I say yes because it's dumb and bad. One of the main ghosts is featured on most of the posters and he's just a big tall dude with a bulbous head and his mouth is really big and I like to imagine him climbing in the window or bursting in through the door because he just wants to hang out. "Hey guys! What's going on in here!"
I watched the sequels to Hell House LLC, so why not? It can't be that bad.

PKMN Trainer Red
Oct 22, 2007

Honestly filled with regret that I haven't been forcing this movie on people for years.

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe
Looks like I finally have have access to In The Mouth Of Madness, through the obscure streaming service my local library uses (not Hoopla), so I know what I'm watching for the second time in years this weekend!

Xiahou Dun
Jul 16, 2009

PKMN Trainer Red posted:

Honestly filled with regret that I haven't been forcing this movie on people for years.

O thank god. You knew exactly the gif I wanted.

I was worried I might have to put in effort.

And right?? It’s the kind of movie you want evangelize for. Baby Hugh Grant! A Future Who MD! So. Many. Penises!

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Is there a good letterboxd list of religious/jesus visions in horror movies?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Uncle Boogeyman
Jul 22, 2007

Phy posted:

Looks like I finally have have access to In The Mouth Of Madness, through the obscure streaming service my local library uses (not Hoopla), so I know what I'm watching for the second time in years this weekend!

Kanopy?