Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tevery Best
Oct 11, 2013

Hewlo Furriend

ilmucche posted:

What was the submarine/arctic map? I think Ts had to bomb the sub or something.

de_subzero?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pandaal
Mar 7, 2020

RE: a burgeoning shotgun meta, s1mple's been at Pro League this week buying Novas and XMs and going on a tear with them so maybe this *is* a case of "always been good, nobody noticed". Just won a series with more XM kills than AWP kills.

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011

symbolic posted:

MAG-7 is deec enough imo, good for close-quarters like Inferno apps

ive managed to single handedly save rounds by using mag 7 in inferno banana lol

Up Circle
Apr 3, 2008
I think this is what happened too. No one even noticed.

Breaking Glass
Dec 15, 2021

I think the Inferno remake is reminding people that it's actually mostly short-range encounters until late round A site. mag-7/sawed-off was always OP for hostage maps because of this (lol, hostage maps)

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
no in general i like going for the hail mary mag 7 banana strat

Vahakyla
May 3, 2013
Friday came and went, no CS2 invite. Goddamnit. Two weeks of MM rank and been prime and owned the game for a decade. Thanks Gabe!

hbag
Feb 13, 2021

who cares it's just moderately better graphics and it's also probably coming out before november

Tenkaris
Feb 10, 2006

I would really prefer if you would be quiet.

hbag posted:

who cares it's just moderately better graphics and it's also probably coming out before november

Going to venture a guess that the person you're responding to cares.

5 more days left for that summer release! :laugh:

overeager overeater
Oct 16, 2011

"The cosmonauts were transfixed with wonderment as the sun set - over the Earth - there lucklessly, untethered Comrade Todd on fire."

Does CS2 no longer penalize you for losing matches where a teammate disconnects on round 1? Because that's a pretty nice change if so

jason3232
Apr 11, 2022
I feel like the people complaining Valve is hardcoding the tick rate to the engine is completely missing the point of a beta, and also gently caress Faceit for treating the beta like a full release of the game.

Dongicus
Jun 12, 2015

face poo poo lol

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

This felt real good to lose let me tell you.

Budzilla
Oct 14, 2007

We can all learn from our past mistakes.

Tenkaris posted:

Going to venture a guess that the person you're responding to cares.

5 more days left for that summer release! :laugh:

Summer in the hemisphere doesn't start until December.

Infernot
Jul 17, 2015

"A short night wakes me from a dream that seemed so long."
Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/CounterStrike/status/1704541038633959492

https://twitter.com/tomgvalve/status/1704545638388744284

Misc
Sep 19, 2008

Tenacious J
Nov 20, 2002

Last time I played CS was back when all anyone played was this map.

and it was awesome. I used to have to quit halfway through a round to go have supper and then ask people not to use the phone so I could reconnect to the internet.

Anyway, is now a good time to come back and play again? My reflexes might be a little slower.

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
Depends on if ur pc can play the game at reasonable framerates. If yes youre gold, weather boy

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib

Tenacious J posted:

Last time I played CS was back when all anyone played was this map.

and it was awesome. I used to have to quit halfway through a round to go have supper and then ask people not to use the phone so I could reconnect to the internet.

Anyway, is now a good time to come back and play again? My reflexes might be a little slower.

De_rats loving rules! I ran a 1.6 server with a buddy for years that was 24/7 rats.
Some of the best game times I ever had.

Budzilla
Oct 14, 2007

I am getting blue balled by Valve.

Digital Jedi posted:

De_rats loving rules! I ran a 1.6 server with a buddy for years that was 24/7 rats.
I played recently many times with friends. It still fun.

Woodenlung
Dec 10, 2013

Calculating Infinity
https://twitter.com/zipelCS/status/1704881733600993559

Whole new way to bm lol

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
s1mple is the goat and has never in his life stopped talking poo poo. It enhances his gameplay.

It's also why JW is legendary.

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

Push El Burrito posted:

s1mple is the goat and has never in his life stopped talking poo poo. It enhances his gameplay.

still needs a tan though

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Push El Burrito posted:

i fuckin hated prime Fnatic but looking back them playing into their infamy was GOAT'd

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

What did you say the strategy was?

give him a cooldown for abandoning!

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

PIZZA.BAT posted:

i'm just gonna post a bunch of old videos from goonman days of yore, don't mind me

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yPycUftNjR4

lol drat I had that long run of being able to actually drop people with the scout regularly (e: referencing Prost powers, not the killing happening in the video to be clear)

Unfortunately not playing for over three years has deeply diminished my powers to the point of being unreasonably bad

ProstiDUD 😞

(Also that is from ten years ago, holy poo poo)

Budzilla
Oct 14, 2007

CS twitter posted a new account banner that just reads 'Dawn of the Final Day". So a CS2 full release is probably the go. Unless Valve trolls us and gives us a month of Danger Zone only or an open beta.

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

new thread when

A TURGID FATSO
Jan 27, 2004

Here's to ya, JACKASS

symbolic posted:

new thread when

Never.

Woodenlung
Dec 10, 2013

Calculating Infinity

that is more than i imagined, not going to lie

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
ITS OUT

Unbound
Dec 11, 2012

Atlantis for best map

All others are bugged...

Dongicus
Jun 12, 2015

where is poor

Grimthwacker
Aug 7, 2014

So when's the big update to GO happening? I don't see anything queued up or pending.

faantastic
Dec 31, 2006

that dude.

Grimthwacker posted:

So when's the big update to GO happening? I don't see anything queued up or pending.

6PM EST rumor

demostars
Apr 8, 2020

Vaah
Dec 25, 2008

:shittydog:

IT'S OUT

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

:cheers:

https://twitter.com/ESLCS/status/1707076382721733060/

RATS!