Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

McFlurry Fan #1
Dec 31, 2005

He can't kill me. I'm indestructible. Everybody knows that

Fabricant album is absolutely exactly my favourite type of thing - dissonant, loads of clangy trebly bass playing and loads of big old riffs

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Oldstench
Jun 29, 2007

Let's talk about where you're going.

Snowy posted:

On a slightly different note I’m in the mood for new chaotic death/crust/maybe sludge that will kick my rear end. The punkier and shittier the better

Hellshock maybe?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gIC7gKtn_r8

Wachter
Mar 23, 2007

You and whose knees?

The new Hot Graves

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Wachter posted:

The new Hot Graves

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_hzzL6BzeBk

also bloodletter. they're more melodic than grindy but they loving rule

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cnfn-nf-jMI

Nordick
Sep 3, 2011

Yes.
Also this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aOBC4lQS_KE

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

Yooo this rules. Vicious caveman poo poo but the cavemen are weird aliens.

https://newstandardelite.bandcamp.com/album/trichomoniasis-makeshift-crematoria

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

Uncle Boogeyman posted:

someone else posted it but that new Nithing LP is really good, you'll probably like it if you like full of hell

This was nice, love the bizarre tuning or whatever the guy is going with his drums. Vocalist unfortunately just does pig snort or burp growl the whole album when I think the music really calls for more evocative range

McFlurry Fan #1 posted:

Fabricant album is absolutely exactly my favourite type of thing - dissonant, loads of clangy trebly bass playing and loads of big old riffs

This was fun also.

Third thing I listened to a bunch the last few days, the new Oxx album, Primordial Blues. Fantastic bluegrass inflected sludge. Does not do the e.g. panopticon thing of contrasting folk/bluegrass and black metal, they just incorporate some of the playing styles and rhythms of bluegrass into what’s a pretty straight hardcore/sludge record

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

Hellshock rules but I forget about them like a dumdum. Hot Graves, Bloodletter, and Act of Impalememt are all cool, thank you

I love crusty punkiness in my metal. Two great tastes that taste great as one, as they say.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

McFlurry Fan #1 posted:

Extremely excited for new Tomb Mold

rules

Mr. Pickles
Mar 19, 2014

CRIP EATIN BREAD posted:

the biggest thing meshuggah has in common with djent is they both loving suck

:chloe:

CornHolio
May 20, 2001

Toilet Rascal

ultrafilter posted:

New Therion:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h6YCVSqHOgA

I've been a big Therion fan for a long time and I was not impressed by the last couple albums. This is very promising, though, and I'm looking forward to the next one a lot more now that I've heard it.

I loved the previous two albums (then again I also loved Beloved Antichrist) and already preordered the new one. Can't wait, this is extremely my poo poo.

Henrik Zetterberg
Dec 7, 2007

Oh for gently caress sake. The Aftershock festival in Sacramento made a big lineup reveal video at the beginning of the year and made a deal out of announcing Pantera as the first band.

Now, 3 weeks beforehand, Pantera just canceled today. Big fat loving L.

Oh well, at least I get to see Limp Bizkit :v:

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Henrik Zetterberg posted:

Oh for gently caress sake. The Aftershock festival in Sacramento made a big lineup reveal video at the beginning of the year and made a deal out of announcing Pantera as the first band.

you're unironically going to see the better band

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

this sounds like a good thing

Wachter
Mar 23, 2007

You and whose knees?

Sounds like it'll be more "My Generation" and less "My Struggle"

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

tote up a bags posted:

Yeah how have they not fixed this yet!!! It always sounds like I'm listening from down a hallway

I always think John's hearing got blown out sometime around the Blue album and the band's production reflects that. It worked for the janky rock n roll pop of Yellow/Green but has just gotten worse since then and I haven't been able to get into a Baroness album since, idk. I do like that this new one is doing some different stuff, more gang vocals and weird bits.

Hulk Krogan
Mar 25, 2005

New Baroness feels like an album that came out instead of Yellow & Green in an alternate universe. Feels like less of a left turn from the Blue Album even with all the new elements they're playing with. I dig it.

Henrik Zetterberg
Dec 7, 2007

Spanish Manlove posted:

this sounds like a good thing

I've never seen them and wanted to see at least some iteration of them before they call it quits.

Visions of Valerie
Jun 18, 2023

Come this autumn, we'll be miles away...

I've never seen them and wanted to see at least some iteration of them before they call it quits.

They called it quits in 2003.

remigious
May 13, 2009

Destruction comes inevitably :rip:

Hell Gem
I have returned from the deathcore show. I had fun headbanging but it’s just not my scene at all. A group of guys behind me made fun of my sabaton shirt and my friend got groped. Not the nice kind of metalheads I am used to.
My friend is ok, by the way. Not nearly as pissed off as I would have been. I am furious on her behalf.

ShoogaSlim
May 22, 2001

YOU ARE THE DUMBEST MEATHEAD IDIOT ON THE PLANET, STOP FUCKING POSTING

im sorry about your friend. that's inexcusable without a doubt. but i wouldn't use one experience to judge an entire genre/fanbase.

also im jealous you got to see vulvodynia they fuckin rule

Cobra Commander
Jan 18, 2011

CANNIBAL CORPPSSSSSSSEEEEEEEE

Vargatron
Apr 19, 2008

MRAZZLE DAZZLE

remigious posted:

I have returned from the deathcore show. I had fun headbanging but it’s just not my scene at all. A group of guys behind me made fun of my sabaton shirt and my friend got groped. Not the nice kind of metalheads I am used to.
My friend is ok, by the way. Not nearly as pissed off as I would have been. I am furious on her behalf.

That loving blows! Sorry you had such a bad experience.

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Hey stop worrying bout my acting bitch, and worry about your WACK ass music. In the mean time... Eat a hot bowl of Dicks! Ice T

Soiled Meat

remigious posted:

deathcore.txt

EDIT: what % of the crowd had ear gauges?

Killingyouguy!
Sep 8, 2014

if it helps (it doesn't) I got groped at a folk metal show so it's like
Totally not just deathcore

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Hey stop worrying bout my acting bitch, and worry about your WACK ass music. In the mean time... Eat a hot bowl of Dicks! Ice T

Soiled Meat
oh i would definitely put folk metal on the top of my list of sex offender metal

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

CRIP EATIN BREAD posted:

oh i would definitely put folk metal on the top of my list of sex offender metal

Its on the top of the list until Star Trek metal becomes popular

Killingyouguy!
Sep 8, 2014

Also biggest proportion of 'giant dudes pushing me aside to stand in front of me'

Wachter
Mar 23, 2007

You and whose knees?

remigious posted:

I'm going to eat a probe for this but you can swap the words "deathcore" and "Sabaton" around in this post and it's just as true to life

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Wachter posted:

I'm going to eat a probe for this but you can swap the words "deathcore" and "Sabaton" around in this post and it's just as true to life

No you’re correct. People in all scenes and fans of all bands are lovely to each other at concerts, especially to women. Though I don’t know if the average Sabaton fan would be as likely to make fun of a deathcore tee as the average regular death metal fan would.

remigious
May 13, 2009

Hell Gem

ShoogaSlim posted:

also im jealous you got to see vulvodynia they fuckin rule
They were without a doubt the best of the bunch, they actually had some riffs here and there plus interesting vocals. And the singer was wearing a hello kitty shirt :3:

To answer Crip’s question: ear gauges everywhere lol!

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Henchman of Santa posted:

No you’re correct. People in all scenes and fans of all bands are lovely to each other at concerts, especially to women. Though I don’t know if the average Sabaton fan would be as likely to make fun of a deathcore tee as the average regular death metal fan would.

They'd be too scared to say it somewhere that isn't a website from 1999

deadking
Apr 13, 2006

Hello? Charlemagne?!
A while ago I wore a Bolt Thrower shirt to a hardcore show and someone in the parking lot shouted "throw those bolts in my rear end bro" at me lol.

It's even funnier now too because for the last 5+ years dudes from the hardcore scene have been making oceans of mediocre throwback death metal.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

deadking posted:

A while ago I wore a Bolt Thrower shirt to a hardcore show and someone in the parking lot shouted "throw those bolts in my rear end bro" at me lol.

It's even funnier now too because for the last 5+ years dudes from the hardcore scene have been making oceans of mediocre throwback death metal.

It sounds like he likes Bolt Thrower a little too much to me.

Wachter
Mar 23, 2007

You and whose knees?

It sounds like you could have hooked up

deadking
Apr 13, 2006

Hello? Charlemagne?!

Wachter posted:

It sounds like you could have hooked up

oh we did. we're married now (did one of those pit proposals).

Cobra Commander
Jan 18, 2011

Maybe Violence Unimagined was too good, but the new Cannibal corpse album is a little underwhelming :confused::cry:

Southern Cassowary
Jan 3, 2023

Cobra Commander posted:

Maybe Violence Unimagined was too good, but the new Cannibal corpse album is a little underwhelming :confused::cry:

yeah i think it's worse than violence unimagined but that's also one of their best and chaos horrific is still pretty fuckin good

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

*Gestures at 60 years of Lions history*

remigious posted:

i have straight up started fights over that when its happened around me. gently caress ever tolerating that poo poo at a show. I'm sorry your friend had that happen, its loving horrible

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

remigious
May 13, 2009

Hell Gem

WoodrowSkillson posted:

i have straight up started fights over that when its happened around me. gently caress ever tolerating that poo poo at a show. I'm sorry your friend had that happen, its loving horrible

Thank you :) it’s nice to be reminded that the majority of people are decent.