Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

psilocybin laden
Jul 29, 2022
i haul expensive PI components around in 1dq because it makes me feel alive when i see shitters warp in on me

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

Black summer was the best summer.

grumplestiltzkin posted:

not a member of gsf but i imagine the reason is "because its funny to watch idiots get dunked on"

I would also wager those standing fleets are boring as gently caress.

psilocybin laden posted:

i haul expensive PI components around in 1dq because it makes me feel alive when i see shitters warp in on me

If you aren't gating dreads or using rorqs on belt mining , what the gently caress are you doing with your life?

floppyspud
Jul 21, 2022

grumplestiltzkin posted:

not a member of gsf but i imagine the reason is "because its funny to watch idiots get dunked on"

Lucky for them goons (pubbies in goon disguises) are very unwilling to see 2 sides of a story and realise that horde may actually do some things better, which is probably the real reason.

Ulesi
Aug 30, 2023

Libluini posted:

A new trailer has dropped:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=foz5YeLTe3M

Dust 514 is back.

I recently came back to the game and then they just dropped this. Incredible.

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

Sickening posted:

I would also wager those standing fleets are boring as gently caress.

Yeah, I'd rather spin ships and watch the number go up than stare at an inactive gate, so you hit it on the nose.

yoloer420
May 19, 2006
I've got no idea what a standing fleet involves. I figured it'd be just hanging out docked while shooting the poo poo or whatever until something needs to be done.

If it's just a perpetual gate camp though, gently caress that.

floppyspud
Jul 21, 2022

eh, they are about as boring as most bloc fleet ops, but at times they can be super fun. i never really went in them that often. whether you like them or not they certainly are effective at getting people out of your space, plus yes, they do actually end up saving ratters fairly often.

PathAsc posted:

Yeah, I'd rather spin ships and watch the number go up than stare at an inactive gate, so you hit it on the nose.

why are you sitting at an inactive gate? dock up lol

yoloer420 posted:

I've got no idea what a standing fleet involves. I figured it'd be just hanging out docked while shooting the poo poo or whatever until something needs to be done.

If it's just a perpetual gate camp though, gently caress that.

its more the first one, obviously if youre like the first guy and you really want to sit on an inactive gate... be my guest. some people do.

Das Butterbrot
Dec 2, 2005
Lecker.
in BRAVE standing the active pvpers just hunt people from intel channels and we never run out of those since our space is content central :v:

floppyspud
Jul 21, 2022

Das Butterbrot posted:

in BRAVE standing the active pvpers just hunt people from intel channels and we never run out of those since our space is content central :v:

Yup, same in horde

Minus the last bit

floppyspud fucked around with this message at 13:33 on Sep 26, 2023

Baron of Bad News
Aug 4, 2009

When I was still in waffe and would join the standing fleet, it often suffered from obnoxious Karmafleet dorks making GBS threads up comms and making the experience insufferable. When things were chill a group of us would respond to people being tackled or chase neuts being reported in intel channels, ESS intrusions, etc and those would usually end with the neuts running away. Occasionally we'd get a fight out of it. But there were many days when I'd log in and see who was in the standing fleet comms and would just decide to do something else or play something else.

edit: dishonorable mention for Theta - whenever they were in comms or whenever there was some overlap between the worst of KF dorks and Theta in the same standing fleet it would truly be poo poo experience.

Baron of Bad News fucked around with this message at 14:29 on Sep 27, 2023

Elukka
Feb 18, 2011

For All Mankind
Small achievement: I had my first successful one vs. many fight. I was in a Gnosis, took a sorta obvious bait Retribution, and two more Retributions came in. Two died and one fled. I did a bunch of mistakes but they did more.

Ulesi
Aug 30, 2023

Elukka posted:

Small achievement: I had my first successful one vs. many fight. I was in a Gnosis, took a sorta obvious bait Retribution, and two more Retributions came in. Two died and one fled. I did a bunch of mistakes but they did more.

How bad were the shakes afterwards lol

Elukka
Feb 18, 2011

For All Mankind

Ulesi posted:

How bad were the shakes afterwards lol
Heart rate was up a bit and I was pretty stoked but I was in a ship I was expecting to lose taking a bait on purpose and I was also kinda really tired so it was more like 'Huh? That happened?'.

WilWheaton
Oct 11, 2006

It'd be hard to get bored on this ship!
Always take the bait

psilocybin laden
Jul 29, 2022
here's some silly OC

(it's me trying to convince nemah to give me cap keys)

apseudonym
Feb 25, 2011

I've been thinking about this silly game again after winning for a few years and always wanted to try wormholes/smaller stuff instead of just blops life. Are there goon groups doing that nowadays?

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

apseudonym posted:

I've been thinking about this silly game again after winning for a few years and always wanted to try wormholes/smaller stuff instead of just blops life. Are there goon groups doing that nowadays?

Goosefleet

apseudonym
Feb 25, 2011

That Works posted:

Goosefleet

Cool I'm in that discord but one of my RL friends that I played Eve with mentioned they had sov now so I wasn't sure.

psilocybin laden
Jul 29, 2022

apseudonym posted:

Cool I'm in that discord but one of my RL friends that I played Eve with mentioned they had sov now so I wasn't sure.

they have both

Arishtat
Jan 2, 2011

psilocybin laden posted:

they have both

Sometimes they even connect to one another.

psilocybin laden
Jul 29, 2022
eve online

Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011

psilocybin laden posted:

here's some silly OC

(it's me trying to convince nemah to give me cap keys)

i appreciate that it is lowercase

Cast_No_Shadow
Jun 8, 2010

The Republic of Luna Equestria is a huge, socially progressive nation, notable for its punitive income tax rates. Its compassionate, cynical population of 714m are ruled with an iron fist by the dictatorship government, which ensures that no-one outside the party gets too rich.

apseudonym posted:

You can pretend sov doesn't exist quite easily

floppyspud
Jul 21, 2022

I joined GooseFleet a couple days ago, null is the most active but there are still a bunch of people living in the holes, plus a bunch more people do the PVE fleets there

floppyspud
Jul 21, 2022

p.s there are a tonne of non goon wormhole groups that are great, each with varying levels of size, wh class, content types, and gayness. Look into phantom space (:love:,) wolves amongst strangers, exit strategy if pooptz by any chance, prismatic legion, etc they are all active and fun.

Although it can be a bit of a shock to leave goon groups and realise people actually care about killboards and sp and real skill

Kaysette
Jan 5, 2009

~*Boston makes me*~
~*feel good*~

:wrongcity:

Second panel is me every time I roll the static.

grumplestiltzkin
Jun 7, 2012

Ass, gas, or grass. No one rides for free.

apseudonym posted:

we've recently settled a c5 WR. we've started doing pve fleets to pump isk into our coffers and have plans to start doing pvp out of that hole too. the sov deffo does exist but goose leadership philosophy* is that the game is meant to be fun and their job is to offer fun things to do, not tell you what you have to do.

*I'm not goose leadership but this is what theyve said

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

floppyspud posted:

p.s there are a tonne of non goon wormhole groups that are great, each with varying levels of size, wh class, content types, and gayness. Look into phantom space (:love:,) wolves amongst strangers, exit strategy if pooptz by any chance, prismatic legion, etc they are all active and fun.

Although it can be a bit of a shock to leave goon groups and realise people actually care about killboards and sp and real skill

Real skill

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

Hey floppyspud, post your killboard! I want to look at what real skill looks like.

causticBeet
Mar 2, 2010

BIG VINCE COMIN FOR YOU

Cast_No_Shadow posted:

You can pretend sov doesn't exist quite easily

I think what goosefleet is doing is neat but there’s a big difference between a WH group and a group that has a hole with some people living in it.

dragonshardz
May 2, 2017

causticBeet posted:

I think what goosefleet is doing is neat but there’s a big difference between a WH group and a group that has a hole with some people living in it.

PRISM are, last I knew, Goosefleet pals and are WH-focused.

Elukka
Feb 18, 2011

For All Mankind
Banks were very funny today. A Kronos and Vargur come in. This other guy brings in an Armageddon, dies, brings in a Navy Raven, dies, and finally brings in a Navy Vexor and dies. The Kronos and Vargur accomplish nothing. They finally bring in four more Vargurs and we leave.
https://zkillboard.com/related/30000653/202309281500/

Then we get a taste of the PH standing fleet. The report is a bit confused, I don't know why the Aeon and CRAB beacon are there.
https://zkillboard.com/related/30005160/202309281700/

This was so confusing. The battle report doesn't show nearly everything. They had a lot of people, but no coordination at all. We get the usual marauder and other stuff, but the cruisers and BCs that show pretty much all land, decide gently caress this, and try to leave. We had a Vedmak specifically to fight fast cruisers trying to push us, but they just... didn't. If they had they'd have easily forced us off. They weren't up to doing this, and also evidently didn't tell the next people coming in what they'd be facing. Eventually an Ishtar does the only clever thing here, drops a bunch of sentries and dips out, forcing me to warp off. At this point they're bringing in even more people including two Celestises so we'd have had to leave anyway.

e: They had 12 people in that second one, counting the ones that actually came in.

Elukka fucked around with this message at 20:05 on Sep 28, 2023

floppyspud
Jul 21, 2022

Sickening posted:

Hey floppyspud, post your killboard! I want to look at what real skill looks like.

Who hurt you?

WilWheaton
Oct 11, 2006

Being good at eve online: the second genesis (2003) is maybe not a skill to boast about

WilWheaton
Oct 11, 2006

I refuse to be good at this dumb game

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

floppyspud posted:

Who hurt you?

I just want to look at what an elite killboard is suppose to look like. SP is also super important, considering how rare and hard to get it is. And this REAL SKILL, i just want to look upon what real skill looks like before I die.

floppyspud
Jul 21, 2022

Sickening posted:

I just want to look at what an elite killboard is suppose to look like. SP is also super important, considering how rare and hard to get it is. And this REAL SKILL, i just want to look upon what real skill looks like before I die.

I never said I had real skill? What could I possibly have done to make you this mad? Do you really not like standing fleets that much?

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

floppyspud posted:

I never said I had real skill? What could I possibly have done to make you this mad? Do you really not like standing fleets that much?

Sorry that is all i got. killboard self fellatio, elite pvp, and wolf packs were always something to be heckled at every turn and I can't turn my programing off.

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

The old blood can still boil, and good that it does.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

floppyspud
Jul 21, 2022

Sickening posted:

Sorry that is all i got. killboard self fellatio, elite pvp, and wolf packs were always something to be heckled at every turn and I can't turn my programing off.

For the dumbass who was complaining about posting enemies in the last thread this really isn’t a good look. Give it up buddy.