Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

tinstaach
Aug 3, 2010

MAGNetic AttITUDE

Kirios posted:

Dan Campbell had all the markings of a fun one year head coach that was in way over his head, like a Tomsula or a Cullen.

Instead he’s become basically exactly what the Lions have needed for decades and has set them on a path to be the NFC North front runners for the next five years or so. It ruled to see the Bills become great, and it rules to see the Lions become great.

Especially because he was picked by the Detroit Lions, an organization that has had more chances to pick a new head coach than anybody, and had never ever gotten it right.

Three years on it still floors me how thoroughly they nailed the bullseye on this one. I can see him coaching this team for a long time (until his heart explodes in 2031)

Nervous posted:

Sorry about your next 24 trips to Lambeau Lions fans. But hey, at least one of them won't be a loss!

My friend, I think you misunderstand. They're bringing that Lambeau record all the way back to .500.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
Brad Holmes being a warlock with regards to the draft, and being best pals with Dan, also helped a lot.

Good Will Hrunting
Oct 8, 2012

I changed my mind.
I'm not sorry.
Saying LaFleur got carried by Rodgers is stupid as gently caress because games like tonight happened a ton of times when LaFleur had Rodgers, and even in the McCarthy era. If you can't adjust the gameplan when facing that much pressure on every snap you're going to lose basically every time.

Won't even touch on defense. Safety is an issue but expecting any turnaround with Barry employed here is naive.

Paint Crop Pro
Mar 22, 2007

Find someone who values you like Rick Spielman values 7th round picks.

Did everyone forget the "Rodgers is washed" talk before LaFleur came in with a playbook that wasn't "Make it work Aaron!"

If anything LaFleur is failing because he stood by Barry for another year, and because just maybe trading up for Jordan Love was a real dumb move.

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug
Vikings with the fourth best line.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

SKULL.GIF posted:

Congrats Detroit. Your asses have been crowned

https://twitter.com/mattschneidman/status/1707605351619518873

Best not miss

Buddy. I've been trying to tell you this for an entire offseason and you just kept plugging your ears, don't act like it's news.

Paint Crop Pro
Mar 22, 2007

SirPablo posted:

Our oline is our new Kirk Cousins.

The advanced stats say theyre good but the eye test says theyre not.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Kirios posted:

Dan Campbell had all the markings of a fun one year head coach that was in way over his head, like a Tomsula or a Cullen.

Instead he’s become basically exactly what the Lions have needed for decades and has set them on a path to be the NFC North front runners for the next five years or so. It ruled to see the Bills become great, and it rules to see the Lions become great.

tinstaach posted:

Especially because he was picked by the Detroit Lions, an organization that has had more chances to pick a new head coach than anybody, and had never ever gotten it right.

Three years on it still floors me how thoroughly they nailed the bullseye on this one. I can see him coaching this team for a long time (until his heart explodes in 2031)

My friend, I think you misunderstand. They're bringing that Lambeau record all the way back to .500.

I demand credit for immediately recognizing this and calling it out when all the soyfaced TFF nerds were going "XDDDD what a meatball moron"

SKULL.GIF posted:

Dan Campbell loving rules and if you're negative on this you have absolutely no idea how athletes work. They are going to love him.

This is like the best possible hire the Lions could've made given the field and given how badly the team needs a culture revamp.

It's going to be extremely important for him to hire good coordinators.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

MJeff posted:

Buddy. I've been trying to tell you this for an entire offseason and you just kept plugging your ears, don't act like it's news.

I operate on evidence, not prognostication.

Paint Crop Pro
Mar 22, 2007

I remember a lot of discussion being that yeah hes a meatball but he has also been around a lot of teams and was loved by all the players under him and he was definitely someone who you would run through a brick wall for.

He had the team playing hard down 20 points in the 4th quarter his 1st season in detroit. All the evidence was there he would work out (minus those 2-3 weeks last season when people were saying he was washed)

MoaM
Dec 1, 2009

Joyous.

SirPablo posted:

And this is without Risner...

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
The current OL situation is the issue on offense. Hard to do much when starters for LT, LG, RG, and RT are either on IR, out, or banged up.

Offensive play calling in the first half left something to be desired but in the second was generally fine

Good Will Hrunting
Oct 8, 2012

I changed my mind.
I'm not sorry.
What the gently caress is a soy face

Good Will Hrunting
Oct 8, 2012

I changed my mind.
I'm not sorry.

Hot Diggity! posted:

The current OL situation is the issue on offense. Hard to do much when starters for LT, LG, RG, and RT are either on IR, out, or banged up.

Offensive play calling in the first half left something to be desired but in the second was generally fine

Yeah his second half adjustments were actually fine. Tempo changed noticeably. Also have to assume some of the plan was a product of Jones still being sub-optimal.

I do not wanna look at the routes run summary in the first half though, Jesus Christ

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

SKULL.GIF posted:

I operate on evidence, not prognostication.

I'm glad the fourth consecutive rear end whipping is the one where you finally decided to notice what was happening. I'll repeat myself from this offseason and say that my advice would be to get used to it.

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel

MJeff posted:

https://twitter.com/by_JBH/status/1707600820517446105

This dude is such a fuckin' putz. He was hardcore carried by Rodgers and is super in over his head now that he's gone. Please keep him for a really long time, Packers.

Big Ryan Day vibes!

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Hey stop worrying bout my acting bitch, and worry about your WACK ass music. In the mean time... Eat a hot bowl of Dicks! Ice T

Soiled Meat

Good Will Hrunting posted:

What the gently caress is a soy face

turn off your monitor

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

MJeff posted:

I'm glad the fourth consecutive rear end whipping is the one where you finally decided to notice what was happening. I'll repeat myself from this offseason and say that my advice would be to get used to it.

:)

Good Will Hrunting
Oct 8, 2012

I changed my mind.
I'm not sorry.

CRIP EATIN BREAD posted:

turn off your monitor

I just see black?

MoaM
Dec 1, 2009

Joyous.

Good Will Hrunting posted:

I just see black?

Lol

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
https://twitter.com/NFLonFOX/status/1707596010766405822

Wait this scene kinda fucks, was this movie good?

chrix
Jan 3, 2004

Football man, the guy with the football plan

Gonz posted:

Speaking of insane stats:

Monty rules and I'm glad he's having success

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

MJeff posted:

Its message got a bit muddled in the end but it’s a really good comedy.

Darth Brooks
Jan 15, 2005

I do not wear this mask to protect me. I wear it to protect you from me.

MoaM posted:

Maybe Risner can help there?

I'm actually uncertain as to what makes a good run O-Line. I would assume it has everything to do with your blocking capability on the inside (Guards) , rather than the outside (Tackles).

I curious to see what difference he makes. Ed Ingram gets the most blame for problems, along with Bradbury dealing with a bad back / being out. The team is a mystery right now. Some decent pieces but some missing pieces too. Like a Hotrod where two of the wheels are made out of wooden blocks. The team could pull it together or it could completely fall apart.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
Goddamn

https://twitter.com/lions/status/1707595015105466595?s=61&t=N2RxjCcZEoNL3LJNhAQ0dg

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"

Victor Vermis
Dec 21, 2004

WOKE UP IN THE DESERT AGAIN
it's a rebuilding year where the 2nd youngest team in the NFL has already demonstrated an absurd capacity to pull bullshit in the 4th quarter, so every mismatch and blowout will at least have some entertainment potential.

Don't change anything.

Victor Vermis
Dec 21, 2004

WOKE UP IN THE DESERT AGAIN

I figured it out: Why the gently caress would any true Wisconsite fork over money just to be scolded by blue-haired Lambeau mods for trying to be the 12th man?

I salute the last of an old breed who dumped beer on the sun god tonight.

Lambeau is gassed. You savages can have it.

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova

MJeff posted:

It's not perfect but it's really funny and Gosling and Robbie are great in it

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

Victor Vermis posted:

it's a rebuilding year where the 2nd youngest team in the NFL has already demonstrated an absurd capacity to pull bullshit in the 4th quarter, so every mismatch and blowout will at least have some entertainment potential.

Is scoring 10 points in the 4th quarter really absurd?

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Step 1: Start fight
Step 2: Attack straw man
Step 3: REPEAT

Do not engage with me

Kloaked00 posted:

Chicago, thank you so much for Montgomery. Just, thank you

I have been screaming for years that Monty is really good and held back by the Bears. Thank you for making me not feel like I'm taking crazy pills. He's not flashy, but he's loving good!

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

To bring light to the darkness, whether that darkness be ignorance, injustice, apathy, or stagnation.

Victor Vermis posted:

I figured it out: Why the gently caress would any true Wisconsite fork over money just to be scolded by blue-haired Lambeau mods for trying to be the 12th man?

I salute the last of an old breed who dumped beer on the sun god tonight.

Lambeau is gassed. You savages can have it.

lmfao

I'm so excited to watch you and people like you suffer

MoaM
Dec 1, 2009

Joyous.

Darth Brooks posted:

I curious to see what difference he makes. Ed Ingram gets the most blame for problems, along with Bradbury dealing with a bad back / being out. The team is a mystery right now. Some decent pieces but some missing pieces too. Like a Hotrod where two of the wheels are made out of wooden blocks. The team could pull it together or it could completely fall apart.

Maybe it's simply focusing on the run defense that is the cure

In all honesty, I think that's the solution.

I think it's highly likely that the O-line only needs a couple changes.

It seems to me, that we need to build from Darrishaw to the opposite side.,

MoaM fucked around with this message at 06:45 on Sep 29, 2023

MoaM
Dec 1, 2009

Joyous.
Ignore

OperaMouse
Oct 30, 2010

Congrats Lions. I hope you win the Superb Owl.

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Being honest since I’ve not really understood the stats until it was simplified into fantasy points, Kirk cousins is pretty drat good, strictly in that sense. Obviously he’s not good at winning, but that’s probably mostly his defences fault and over reliance on JJ for big plays

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

It's Sic Semper Tyrannis. You said, "Ever faithful terrible lizard."
Dan Campbell winning 4 straight now against the packers is such an insane stat. God bless muscle coach may he reign supreme

MJeff posted:

its a pretty good comedy but the leads are so incredible it elevates the whole thing. worth watching

Anti-Hero
Feb 26, 2004
I love the Green Bay Packers...but boy, do they stink right now.

Canned Sunshine
Nov 20, 2005

CAUTION: POST QUALITY UNDER CONSTRUCTION

Gonz posted:

Speaking of insane stats:

So what you're saying is... there's hope for Fields yet!

(if he can escape to another team)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nervous
Jan 25, 2005

Why, hello, my little slice of pecan pie.

SourKraut posted:

So what you're saying is... there's hope for Fields yet!

(if he can escape to another team)

So you're saying there's no hope for Fields. Poor guy. But that's the plight of RBs in the modern NFL.