Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: skooma512)

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Woke Mind Virus posted:

guessing bachelor of science degrees didn't fit this so they left it out

It really means any 4-year degree, including BA or BS

https://spia.princeton.edu/news/life-expectancy-falling-adults-without-bachelors-degree

https://www.pnas.org/doi/10.1073/pnas.2024777118

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud posted:

Epic Games must be doing poorly if they're taking a crack at being the game service for perverts

Those are the games their algorithm says you want to buy

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

it’s not perverted to like tanks

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

Vox Nihili posted:

Those are the games their algorithm says you want to buy

I got Star Trek Online when it was free, that must be why

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

Next, MBAs show highest job satisfaction ratings.

biceps crimes
Apr 12, 2008

euphronius posted:

it’s not perverted to like tanks

tankie

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

I got Star Trek Online when it was free, that must be why

Pfc spends all day RPing on the sex planet

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:

eXXon posted:

Next, MBAs show highest job satisfaction ratings.

there was one of these last year that studied the effects of income on job happiness, and social worth on job happiness, and found that mbas were very happy and garbage men very unhappy could not understand why

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

tank perverts out in force today

Beached Whale
Jun 27, 2009

The world as will and idea

Vox Nihili posted:

I think you underestimate the number of Disney Adults

You know those cheesy black and white family bumper stickers where it'll have the mom, dad, maybe two kids and a dog? There's a guy in my neighborhood with the saddest solo version of that on his car with him in disney garb. The rest of his car is also plastered in disney poo poo. It makes me die a little each time I walk by it because you know they sell a full family set of this and he had to go up to the cashier and check out for a single sticker.

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

Beached Whale posted:

You know those cheesy black and white family bumper stickers where it'll have the mom, dad, maybe two kids and a dog? There's a guy in my neighborhood with the saddest solo version of that on his car with him in disney garb. The rest of his car is also plastered in disney poo poo. It makes me die a little each time I walk by it because you know they sell a full family set of this and he had to go up to the cashier and check out for a single sticker.

that's my car

Comrade Merf
Jun 2, 2011

Vox Nihili posted:

https://twitter.com/JustinWolfers/status/1707445836081168752

hmmm seems we are immiserating the heck out of poor people in this country

The tree of liberty must be watered with the blood of the weak and desperate. Praise Mammon.

skooma512
Feb 8, 2012

You couldn't grok my race car, but you dug the roadside blur.

RealityWarCriminal posted:

hold up. i thought increasing interest rates was supposed to make prices go down

It does, for the price of labor :getin:

shrike82
Jun 11, 2005

https://twitter.com/IGN/status/1707470505748398394

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Beached Whale posted:

noooooo

Heck Yes! Loam!
Nov 15, 2004

a rich, friable soil containing a relatively equal mixture of sand and silt and a somewhat smaller proportion of clay.

Beached Whale posted:

Disney family sticker figure, alone.

Doesn't quite have quite the same punch as

for sale: baby shoes, never worn.

But it seems more fitting for the modern times.

Jel Shaker
Apr 19, 2003

i tried watching the new live action little mermaid and it was so poo poo i would have cancelled my account if i wasn’t already stealing it

cool av
Mar 2, 2013

I always wanted to get a set of those stickers like 12 kids and a cat

Scarabrae
Oct 7, 2002

Beached Whale posted:

jfc

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002

Beached Whale posted:

Can't believe the data scientists biffed this one

its gonna plummet off the newest increase so much more

i got in for a year's sub for a very reasonable amount at the end of october 22 before the last price hike and now it's so expensive i'll drop it entirely!

selec
Sep 6, 2003

had a job where my two uplines were both Disney adults. just a nightmare scenario when it came to discussing anything that wasn’t strictly work-related. like talking to pod people.

Justin Tyme
Feb 22, 2011

Supply chain issues, gas prices, and labor shortage has made manufacturing v-bucks more expensive, unfortunately

The Unnamed One
Jan 13, 2012

"BOOM!"
V-bucks exchange rate is getting out of control, Epic's Fortnite Reserve must send a strong message to the Storefront market

Complications
Jun 19, 2014

meanolmrcloud posted:

am I mathing wrong? 146m subscribers who pay, at a minimum in America at least, 15 bucks per month is like 2 billion dollars a month which uhhhhhh seems like alot. is content streaming that expensive?

ridiculous giant money fountains must increase in size at least 10% year over year or they're miserable worthless failures that must be closed down lest they drag down the company's inevitable growth to encompass the entire economy of earth

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

Heck Yes! Loam! posted:

Disney family sticker figure, alone.

Doesn't quite have quite the same punch as

for sale: baby shoes, never worn.

But it seems more fitting for the modern times.

Taima
Dec 31, 2006

tfw you're peeing next to someone in the lineup and they don't know

Skinnymansbeerbelly posted:

Just wait 'til your periodontist tells you to use the floss that's $10 a roll and extra lacerate-y

you mean coco floss right? my dentist made me use it :laffo:

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Xaris posted:

D+ is actually not competing with nflx/hulu (which they also own! like lol)/MAX++/prime V+/CBS Premier/Paramont Platinum Streaming/Viacom Streaming or whatever.

they're competing with youtube

the point of D+ is a $15/month babysitter for widdle jonny to keep quiet under the guise they can watch "safe" kids media, after all, its disney, it must be safe 4 kids and i don't have to think about it. youtube is a direct competitor to this model and way more popular babysitter for kids than D+, plus its free*. it also has more content to keep widdle jonny quiet for longer

yt kids is highly addictive for little tots with its toy opening/play channels and delivers a virtual friend experience for older kids via minecraft and roblock lets plays/vtubers

disney offers that poo poo mom wont stop making them watch

Oglethorpe
Aug 8, 2005

RealityWarCriminal posted:

i think i figured it out. companies lay people off, but lay off the wrong people. the remaining people don't know what they're doing so things take longer, prices go up.

lmao i was thinking about this the other day in addition to the aspect of creating an environment where good people leave first

there's a post somehwere here about it

Poco
Jul 17, 2005

....I am a Tariff Man

Beached Whale posted:

That's bleak

Ragaduffin
Nov 28, 2007
Far out dude

Beached Whale posted:

Can't believe the data scientists biffed this one

This made me laugh and unsubscribe.

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

We unsubscribed from Hulu recently. They have lots of actual content compared to other niche/moated streaming services but the price hikes are just nuts, they want $18/month now

Feels great

Jel Shaker
Apr 19, 2003

i’ve just dipped my toe into usenet and it’s a whole different ball game actually think about what you want to watch vs just scroll and put whatever on for background

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002

Vox Nihili posted:

We unsubscribed from Hulu recently. They have lots of actual content compared to other niche/moated streaming services but the price hikes are just nuts, they want $18/month now

Feels great

i think the real answer is to just turn it on for a month and off for 4-5 and cycle through all the different services that way. way cheaper and who gives a poo poo if you see streaming content the minute it's released, it's fine to watch it whenever you get around to it

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

Jel Shaker posted:

i’ve just dipped my toe into usenet and it’s a whole different ball game actually think about what you want to watch vs just scroll and put whatever on for background
after netflix shitted it's intestines out it's rear end, I went back to usenet about ~5 years ago with a NAS+Plex setup and it's been good. I would say using Plex isn't really that much different than Netflix if you put on enough content and it's the same thing of idling scrolling for content going 'ehhh naw... that one?? ehhh... maybe nah not feeling it... hgmm that one sounds interesting? oh, maybe not in the mood for that.. how about......

Sonarr/Radarr also let you add Trakt or IMDB lists for new releases/popular releases/whatever that autoamtically download so you can keep your Plex populated with stuff you haven't even heard of versus downloading each one manually

Oglethorpe
Aug 8, 2005

OBAMNA PHONE posted:

i think the real answer is to just turn it on for a month and off for 4-5 and cycle through all the different services that way. way cheaper and who gives a poo poo if you see streaming content the minute it's released, it's fine to watch it whenever you get around to it

the trick the streaming services rely on is that nobody ever cancels so it's a good gambit

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

cool av posted:

I always wanted to get a set of those stickers like 12 kids and a cat

Elon?

Troutful
May 31, 2011

Epic Games must be doing poorly if they're taking a crack at being the game service for perverts

Wrestle Quest looks dope.

meanolmrcloud
Apr 5, 2004

rock out with your stock out

Oglethorpe posted:

lmao i was thinking about this the other day in addition to the aspect of creating an environment where good people leave first

there's a post somehwere here about it

this is happening in real-time at my place. they offered a buyout that was pretty generous for people with even minor tenure (~5yrs) so everyone who knew how things function left.

I stayed because it’s a low effort job, I have a newborn and it’s real nice underperforming as a rule. literally yesterday I got a 5 figure bonus.

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

meanolmrcloud posted:

literally yesterday I got a 5 figure bonus.

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=4027242

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ProperGanderPusher
Jan 13, 2012

I’ve never watched less TV in my life then over the last few years as streaming sites all simultaneously enshittify. At this point I mostly just rent or buy the occasional movie off Amazon. Seriously considering buying a blu ray player and just stocking up on criterion movies for when things get worse.