Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BOOTY-ADE
Aug 30, 2006

BIG KOOL TELLIN' Y'ALL TO KEEP IT TIGHT

Ornamental Dingbat posted:

This bird has been my profile pic on my work Outlook for the last 4 years:

Because I'm literally (named after) a bird

Every time I see this I remember one of those bird memes that looked like this guy with the caption "the risk I took was calculated, but man am I bad at math"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Chitin posted:

Trying to jerk it on antidepressants like

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

keyboard ⌨️​ :clint: cowboy

BOOTY-ADE posted:

Every time I see this I remember one of those bird memes that looked like this guy with the caption "the risk I took was calculated, but man am I bad at math"

Rust Martialis
May 8, 2007

At night, Bavovnyatko quietly comes to the occupiers’ bases, depots, airfields, oil refineries and other places full of flammable items and starts playing with fire there

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

Baronjutter posted:

"we made out a bunch and then had sex but I wasn't sure if she was into me"

Just classic lesbian poo poo. Are they ok?? Why they be like that? My boss was telling me a story recently about 2 friends in a similar situation who would make out and cuddle almost every day and walk around holding hands but they spent nearly a YEAR before either of them had the courage to "ask them out" or talk about their feelings at all because both assumed the other wasn't "really" gay or wasn't "really" into them. Meanwhile everyone around them assumed they were an official couple since the moment they met and their reaction was "how did you know we were gay before we did???" I dunno, maybe the making out and loving a woman for a year tipped them off.

They even had a big "coming out" thing to their friend group which is where everyone just reacted with total confusion because everyone knew they were already in a committed relationship. Both of them were like "Why didn't anyone tell us we were lesbians for the last year!!!? It could have saved us so much anxiety!!"

It's really amazing.

BOOTY-ADE
Aug 30, 2006

BIG KOOL TELLIN' Y'ALL TO KEEP IT TIGHT

:lol: I should've scrolled down more in that Twitter thread because

The expression is so perfect

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

LuxuryLarva posted:

I volunteer a lot so sometimes I meet people who have lost jobs and I met this guy who lost his job at google and he used to work for the google glass division and then he started working in their AI division. After he got fired his girlfriend dumped him. One time when we were volunteering he told me that deer kept eating all the plants in his garden and I told him to get a goose because it would scare away all the deer. He got a goose egg and he got it to imprint on him and now the goose literally just follows him around his yard and it attacks his neighbors and the other day he told me that the goose scared away a date by flying into her and biting her face. I ruined this nerd's life with a goose. Computers should be illegal. Thanks for listening.

LuxuryLarva posted:

Even though I lowkey dislike the tech industry and think that tech workers have ruined my hometown by making everything too expensive I can see his humanity and will never tell him how I feel. He seems super sad on most days and has told me multiple times that even though he's been successful financially he's never really accomplished anything at work - that google got rid of every project he ever worked on - that his girlfriend only liked him because he had money. It seems like it's the only living thing that actually loves him even though it attacks the deliveryman and it leaves huge corklike turds all over his car's windshield that he has to pick out with his hands because he says they smear when he uses the wipers.

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?
Was coming here to post that but the early goose gets the Google glass

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

"The original Terminator was a gritty fucking AMAZING piece of sci-fi. Gritty fucking rock-hard MURDER!"
If there’s a Scott pilgrim of hadoukening geese out there I am sure it’s a goon

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.
Untitled goose game 2 looking good

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

Lmfao

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
yet another cool bird

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
The sagoose continues

LuxuryLarva posted:

I really dislike almost everything about the tech industry but I'd be lying if it wasn't motivated by a lot of jealousy since many of those opportunities seem completely out of reach to me. I find a lot of tech people to be arrogant and sheltered and they tend to view themselves as the superego of society - like it's their job to discipline the world - and it grates on me. Adding to that the arrival of tech giants in my hometown marked a decades long transition into an economy that was ever more cruel, extractive, and unequal. It will probably eventually force me to live in a place that I don't want to live in. However I keep my mouth shut. It's not productive to shout people down and call them gentrifiers and computers aren't going away. It just makes you seem like a psychopath, it burns down bridges, and what could any of them even do to change things even if I convinced them? Nothing. It's bigger than them. It's bigger than me.

poo poo. I might even learn to program someday - but the ill will is still there. I just can't help it. It's just human.

Having said all of that none of this sentiment motivated my decision to recommend a goose as a pet to protect that man's garden. It was just the first thing that popped into my head. I told him that they made great guard animals and then I started talking about how they were used to protect Rome and something just went off in his head. He says that whenever he leaves in his car it chases him down the block because it's so attached to him that it doesn't want him to leave. He's getting a cage to put it in because of this because after it chases him down the cul de sac it just wanders around the neighborhood trying to eat cats. Apparently it gets into absolutely wild fights with raccoons because it's so incredibly territorial as well. It is obviously a very disruptive animal because it wants to protect him and it's extremely aggressive but he has nothing bad to say about it even though it keeps him up at night, shits on everything, and tries to kill everything that moves including his dates.

Anyway in my defense he's sort of a sad sack and has nothing in this world except google money and that goose so connecting him with a flying poo poo snake was a good thing. I'm helping him.

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

keyboard ⌨️​ :clint: cowboy

Antigravitas
Dec 8, 2019

Die Rettung fuer die Landwirte:

Brawnfire posted:

Attention! Women are not objects!

I said, women aren't just things, they're people!

*taps woman's head* Is this thing on?

Without clicking on the link, guess context and thread.

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

Wingnut Ninja posted:

Tools for killing a very specific type of vampire.

Ambassadorofsodomy posted:

For dealing with vampiles.

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

freeedr
Feb 21, 2005

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)
And yet again, I lament that images can't be thread titles.

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

who the gently caress would click that

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Inexplicable Humblebrag posted:

who the gently caress would click that

you know

bawk
Mar 31, 2013

when you hover your mouse over the image it should turn the cursor into a rubber mallet

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

:mario: Drawing Mario is easy, thanks to this catchy song! :mario:

Beardly posted:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jdWmaWrfeJw

Drawing Mario is easy and fun with these simple instructions! Give it a try!

Discount_Bees posted:

What the gently caress OP? This doesn't look like Mario at all. This is horseshit.

webster876 posted:

One day, Discount Bees woke up and said "Today I will draw everything. Everything that could possibly be drawn, so that way I will be prepared to instantly provide an imagine for every possible situation where a picture might be needed, and those who are not aware will think I was able to create the image on the fly. Foolish, foolish goons."

Several Hours later...

"Okay, I finished a picture of three ducks bobsledding into bowling pins, each of which resembles a different character from 'Eternal Champions' for the SEGA Genesis, and the one who looks like 'Shadow' is holding a rebel flag. Now I will draw creepy rear end egg-faced Nazi Mario-Monolith-Terror-Bot. Never know when I might need that one!"

THE END.

thatbastardken
Apr 23, 2010

A contract signed by a minor is not binding!

Cranappleberry posted:

Master Chief removes her helmet. It's Cher. The Covenant goes wild. They believe in life after love.

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

Lmfao

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

mllaneza posted:

Even just a makeover can work wonders. Back at the ad agency I worked with N. N was... plain. Girl had no style. None. Not in makeup, not with her hair, not with her clothes. Absolutely a great person to work with or hang out at the bar with, but not a looker. Not ugly, just neutral at best.

Then there was that Monday. This was 2006 or so if it matters.

It started innocently, a few of the guys asking each other who was that sitting at N's desk, she's super hot.

Oh god we hosed up. We hosed up so, so very badly.

That was N.

She'd had a full makeover and gotten some fantastic advice on her wardrobe over the weekend.

The guys who worked on that floor had multiple huddles throughout that Monday. We, especially the single guys, but the married men were culpable too, agreed that we had all hosed up and missed a real gem of a woman over nothing but looks. And now that she'd upgraded, we were going to wish her good hunting, support her however we could, and acknowledge that we'd learned a valuable lesson.

ben shapino
Nov 22, 2020
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!

Oh wow she was kind of hot this whole time now she deserves our respect and attention!

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴

ZixTheYeti posted:

Drac Sucking Lips.

Splicer posted:

I do not swallow... wine...

zimbomonkey
Jul 15, 2008

Tattoos? On MY black quarterback?

i love when awful people continue to be awful people but think they've grown because they learned the wrong lessons. "I learned to be nice the uggos because they might get hot later" is not a form of character development.

Taeke
Feb 2, 2010

I blame 90s and early 2000s movies for that mindset. At least eventually they did away with the whole "rape and sexual harassment is good actually if it's funny and/or the person learns a 'lesson'" that was especially prevalent in the 80s but goddamn a lot of movies and tv we grew up with were dogshit.

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

That Little Demon posted:

if you give a thread a diaper the mods will open it

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?
:sbahj:

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---

zimbomonkey posted:

i love when awful people continue to be awful people but think they've grown because they learned the wrong lessons. "I learned to be nice the uggos because they might get hot later" is not a form of character development.

They say in the first part of the post that she was a great person to work and hang out with.
Everybody tripping over themselves to point out how her colleagues treated N like trash until she got the makeover, while the post literally states the opposite :rolleyes:

Autisanal Cheese
Nov 29, 2010

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

She was slashie, a rich New York society heiress. It was IP confirmed or some poo poo. I remember Jeff or Fluffdaddy or someone posting about it but not where.

symbolic posted:

im slashie and i love money ama

HopperUK posted:

Can I have some money

symbolic posted:

ama time is over

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

Sundae posted:

I still hold that excessive exposure to internet-irony causes some kind of brain damage. One could even go so far as to say The Internet Makes You Stupid.

SpelledBackwards posted:

poo poo, I bet you could create a whole website around that. Might have a forum, and even a front page!

Weatherman posted:

There'd be a front page?

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos

shut up blegum posted:

They say in the first part of the post that she was a great person to work and hang out with.
Everybody tripping over themselves to point out how her colleagues treated N like trash until she got the makeover, while the post literally states the opposite :rolleyes:
Yes, if we completely ignore the last half of the post where they start gossiping behind her back about how hot she is and how they made a mistake (what's the mistake if they are already great to hang out with?), it's just a wholesome ugly duckling story.

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat
It's me, I'm the ugly fuckling.

aegof
Mar 2, 2011

zedprime posted:

Yes, if we completely ignore the last half of the post where they start gossiping behind her back about how hot she is and how they made a mistake (what's the mistake if they are already great to hang out with?), it's just a wholesome ugly duckling story.

the mistake is that they did not see her as a romantic prospect and did not try to date her, not that they treated her badly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

zedprime posted:

The only wholesome ugly duck story is the great Dane who thought he was a dachshund