Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fuckt Tupp
Apr 19, 2007

Science

Stereotype posted:

I think both groups should have to leave the area and it should be turned into a nature preserve. seems fair

maybe a jesus-based theme park

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ELTON JOHN
Feb 17, 2014

smarxist posted:

but doctor,

lol

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

Frosted Flake posted:

It's my job, and if I'm in the library I don't have to go to as many meetings.

Well, it's a different tradition and serves a different purpose, right? According to an article by the Ankara Center for Crisis and Policy Studies , What is the Necessity of Military Parades?, there is a distinct Middle Eastern tradition of parading, with ties to religious processions. This seems to be supported by The "bayʿa": Modern Political Uses of Islamic Ritual in the Arab World, a paper in Die Welt des Islams which supports the use of processions and formed groups of men as an important tool for group identity formation within the Middle East. In both instances, there are visual similarities to western military parades, but the messages being conveyed to the audience are more culturally specific and so are their forms.

All of which to say, while the Egyptian, Pakistani and Jordanian Armies on parade are immediately recognizable at 116 beats per minute with a 76 cm step or 120 paces per minute with a 75 cm step, Hamas is drawing from a different tradition. Not just because they're not marching to Army of the Nile, but because they're trying to send a different message.

thats the sense i get, particularly with the way children are running freely through the ranks, it shows that hamas are both protectors and spiritually linked to the people

paul_soccer12
Jan 5, 2020

by Fluffdaddy

speng31b posted:

Sorry shmm my browser window vertically jumped loading all the twitter embeds so the probe button clicked onto your post instead of this one... such is fate

Panicky trigger finger leads to friendly fire

Spemg is idf confirmed

Oglethorpe
Aug 8, 2005

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wfAa1GiNdgM

Ardennes
May 12, 2002
Maybe just allow the people who were living there hundreds of years to...just live there in peace?

Anyway there is some weird poo poo on the internet, like dudes sitting on live streams of Gaza for hours to see explosions.

speng31b
May 8, 2010

paul_soccer12 posted:

Panicky trigger finger leads to friendly fire

Spemg is idf confirmed

Spaced God posted:

speng you're supposed to land the paraglider before you open fire

lol

speng31b has issued a correction as of 18:42 on Oct 8, 2023

ghouldaddy07
Jun 23, 2008
Could anyone recommend me a good book on the formation Isreal. Please and thank you.

netizen
Jun 25, 2023

I have the novel he wrote but I haven't read it yet. It's a sci-fi story about a guy who creates a wormhole into a post-capitalist society.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

oh boy im sure this wont be a giant waste of time

Spaced God
Feb 8, 2014

All torment, trouble, wonder and amazement
Inhabits here: some heavenly power guide us
Out of this fearful country!

speng you're supposed to land the paraglider before you open fire

tristeham
Jul 31, 2022

Stereotype posted:

I think both groups should have to leave the area and it should be turned into a nature preserve. seems fair

gently caress off

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

gotta have my purp

speng31b posted:

Sorry shmm my browser window vertically jumped loading all the twitter embeds so the probe button clicked onto your post instead of this one... such is fate

embedded tweets take another one

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:

Frosted Flake posted:

It's my job, and if I'm in the library I don't have to go to as many meetings.

good work if you can get it

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

gotta have my purp

tristeham posted:

gently caress off

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

netizen posted:

I have the novel he wrote but I haven't read it yet. It's a sci-fi story about a guy who creates a wormhole into a post-capitalist society.

does the protagonist stay there and die old and happy, the end?

HallelujahLee
May 3, 2009

Stereotype posted:

shut up bitch

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

free shmm

Ardennes
May 12, 2002
Varoufakis got owned quite hard by the Troika, and his movement in general is liberal.

VoicesCanBe
Jul 1, 2023

"Cóż, wygląda na to, że zostaliśmy łaskawie oszczędzeni trudu decydowania o własnym losie. Jakże uprzejme z ich strony, że przearanżowali Europę bez kłopotu naszego zdania!"
https://twitter.com/buckadeath/status/1711047935398437059

fanfic insert
Nov 4, 2009

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

Ardennes posted:

Varoufakis got owned quite hard by the Troika, and his movement in general is liberal.

yeah hes just a traditional european style liberal capitalist right?

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

holy poo poo

F Stop Fitzgerald
Dec 12, 2010

tristeham posted:

gently caress off

Morbus
May 18, 2004

Eliot Rosewater posted:

DSA is still getting boycotted by basically every Palestinian org because when Jamaal Bowman voted to fund iron dome, they responded with a tepid statement and then destroyed their own BDS working group for disagreeing with their “action” publicly

lol

HallelujahLee
May 3, 2009

Al! posted:

yeah hes just a traditional european style liberal capitalist right?

nah he wants to end capitalism entirely he isnt probably as far left as say dick wolff but he is def not a capitalist

paul_soccer12
Jan 5, 2020

by Fluffdaddy

Lol

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Fellatio del Toro posted:

hearing widespread disturbing reports that many israelis were unable to barricade themselves inside their homes because the invaders somehow had keys

lmao

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump

hearing widespread disturbing reports that many israelis were unable to barricade themselves inside their homes because the invaders somehow had keys

lol

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

HallelujahLee posted:

nah he wants to end capitalism entirely he isnt probably as far left as say dick wolff but he is def not a capitalist

wow didnt know the hat guy was based

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.

I'm super glad for this, I was scared Yanis was going to chicken out, but he's incredibly well spoken and principled here, Yanis rules.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

I saw that video on twitter and i was 100% sure it was fake.

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump

that’s an oopsie

HallelujahLee
May 3, 2009

Al! posted:

wow didnt know the hat guy was based

hes gotton alot better over time

Ardennes
May 12, 2002
I would say his "post-capitalism" gets quite vague when push comes to shove.

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

Al! posted:

thats the sense i get, particularly with the way children are running freely through the ranks, it shows that hamas are both protectors and spiritually linked to the people

Yeah exactly.

Poppers
Jan 21, 2023

Based state of Israel keeping le wall safe with sniper rifles :cheersdoge:

netizen
Jun 25, 2023

i say swears online posted:

does the protagonist stay there and die old and happy, the end?

Haven't read it so I have no idea. I have a habit of impulse buying books and never reading them. Soap box fiction that's trying to prove a point is usually pretty meh, though. Even if I happen to agree with it.

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

my grandfather died at a concentration camp

oh wow thats terrible!

he fell out of the DJ booth

jesus lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HallelujahLee
May 3, 2009

here we go

US to move carrier strike group closer to Israel, Austin says

The US will be moving a carrier strike group closer to Israel, which includes the Ford carrier and ships that support it, US Defense Secretary Lloyd Austin says.

Austin also adds that the United States will provide munitions to Israel, and that its security assistance will begin moving.

The Pentagon will also be adding fighter jets in the region.