Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Time after time, people continue to be fooled by the politician playing "Joe Everyman" even though they were born into nepotism and spoils the likes of which we can't imagine

he is not your friend because he has dumb facial hair and wears shorts

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Popy posted:

nice to se supporting genocide comes out to like 250k id ask for more tbh

You gotta hand it to the Eastern European politicians. They know how to be bribed.

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

VoicesCanBe posted:

I forgot to mention this yesterday but gently caress that rear end in a top hat John Fetterman, dipshit genocidal freak

i admit that i was a dipshit rube who didn't look too closely and bought into the slobs vs snobs packaging and thought it was sort of neat that he was a big fucker who showed up to vote in jorts and made The Man collapse onto their collective fainting couches. mea culpa. the scales have fallen from my eyes and i can say now gently caress this bloodthirsty ogre

i hope they make a new senate rule that he specifically has to wear a tuxedo at all times, even when sleeping.

Lord of Pie
Mar 2, 2007

Ramrod Hotshot posted:

Just left a hipster coffee shop in Brooklyn, and I overheard everyone talking about how "fire" they thought Biden's stance on Israel is

https://twitter.com/NateSilver538/status/1714865737616015366

Wow, I wonder why he got fired from his polling gig

some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

VomitOnLino posted:

Love libs putting lipstick on literal genocide. Libstick

I don't love this at all :(

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
I really have enjoyed listening to Miko Peled on Israel. He's on the newest Bad Faith and a bunch of other podcasts. Anti-Zionist Israelis are nice to near.

Red Baron
Mar 9, 2007

ty slumfrog :)

Ramrod Hotshot posted:

Just left a hipster coffee shop in Brooklyn, and I overheard everyone talking about how "fire" they thought Biden's stance on Israel is

being told now that Biden is “gas” and his work with Israel is “lit fam”

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006

Judgy Fucker posted:

You should rectify that immediately

I’ll try to watch it this weekend but I saw d+ also has Romancing the Stone and I’ve never seen that either

mags
May 30, 2008

I am a congenital optimist.

Red Baron posted:

being told now that Biden is “gas” and his work with Israel is “lit fam”

sus

mags
May 30, 2008

hadji murad posted:

I’ll try to watch it this weekend but I saw d+ also has Romancing the Stone and I’ve never seen that either

that is also a good movie

Lord of Pie
Mar 2, 2007

Nate is right, if there's anything that the zoomers and the wrinkly rear end old white mummies in charge have in common it's their desire to force the fulfilment of biblical prophecy

Breakfast All Day
Oct 21, 2004

Ramrod Hotshot posted:

asked about his stance on palestine, biden replied, "I call upon all nations to do everything they can to stop these terrorist killers. Thank you. Now watch this drive," whereupon he became disoriented and accelerated into a weekend farmers market, killing 21 and injuring dozens more

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

Cuttlefush posted:

watching to the end is worth it

thats a good line

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

This is only a tiny part of it. DMFI and AIPAC are going into these primary races all over the country and running millions of dollars of negative ads against anyone who doesn't lick Israel's rear end in a top hat cleanly enough and pretty much every dem is terrified of them.

Red Baron
Mar 9, 2007

ty slumfrog :)
Nate silver is the Jim Cramer of polls, useful only if you invert any prediction he makes

Jel Shaker
Apr 19, 2003

Ramrod Hotshot posted:

anecdotes are not evidence i say, but here is my anecdote to say i’m right

i’m still fuming i listened to one of his podcasts, i want my hour back

mags
May 30, 2008

Lord of Pie posted:

Nate is right, if there's anything that the zoomers and the wrinkly rear end old white mummies in charge have in common it's their desire to force the fulfilment of biblical prophecy

Israel dropped a Fortnite Gaza map with new dances for tiktok

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

he should have just thrown his shoes at them

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."

Breakfast All Day posted:

asked about his stance on palestine, biden replied, "I call upon all nations to do everything they can to stop these terrorist killers. Thank you. Now watch this drive," whereupon he became disoriented and accelerated into a weekend farmers market, killing 21 and injuring dozens more

This clip is a killer.

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006
if you light Joe on fire you can get high from the embalming fluid

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

mcmagic posted:

This is only a tiny part of it. DMFI and AIPAC are going into these primary races all over the country and running millions of dollars of negative ads against anyone who doesn't lick Israel's rear end in a top hat cleanly enough and pretty much every dem is terrified of them.

living in dc for the past two weeks has meant every youtube video opens with a big splash screen saying either FORTY DEAD BABIES or HAMAS = ISIS, it owns*

*it does not own, actually

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

Judgy Fucker posted:

We talking good John Cusack movies and no one's mentioned Con Air???

Pushing Tin!!!

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

There's also probably no way a Lebanon operation goes down without Joe's blessing, and it has to be in person, he's the Genocide Don

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

Ramrod Hotshot posted:

lmao love western blindness because the polling is always focused on questions its easy for your average idiot to say yes to "do you think israel has a right to defend itself?" "should israel be destroyed?" "rate yourself on how antisemitic you are 1-10(israel counts)"

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Rubellavator posted:

I’m not sure how a cease fire is actually beneficial to the complicated situation at hand. These are two militaries at war. Hamas wants to hide and just restart again.

Hamas is unapologetically hiding in hospitals and schools and behind civilians. Always has been. Israel has made the intent to wipe out this network in northern Gaza by making it untenable for all civilians before the clean up operation. Hospitals are defying this under a shroud of righteousness, but can also be interpreted as effectively a form of defiance and protection for Hamas since they are known bad actors. You can’t claim a creed when you know your actions are delaying what the other party has made clear is an inevitable. ‘Do no harm’ doesn’t mean knowingly put hundreds people at exponential risk to have a slight increased chance save a couple.

The WHO can put out statements all they want, but they aren’t helping the situation. Israel clearly wants civilians gone so they can access the hidden networks and shoot anything that moves on sight. Hamas is doubling down on taking advantage of the situation at the expense of Palestinians.

The difference between other wars and this one is the overt willingness to use it’s own citizens as fodder to advance the war effort that Hamas employs. Armies that actually defend the will of the people wouldn’t stoop that low on such a large scale.

Now whether Israel knowingly let the yon kippur attack ‘surprise’ them and used their own citizens as fodder to reignite the conflict and this not be a story of incompetence is a whole other conspiracy chat. But that’s attributing incompetence to covert malice, which is rarely true. Hamas using citizens as shields is a strategy, not incompetence, hence the simpler argument to make.

Let's check back in on how this guy is doing

quote:

I’m not saying two wrongs make any party here right to do whatever they want. What I’m pointing out is that doctors keeping hospitals from moving at this point and turning them into hubs is not helping the situation at hand, it’s playing into Hamas’ goals. There is a clear distinction between Hamas and Palestinians right now, which in itself I find to be progress in the grand scheme of things.

Answer this question - if airlifts were provided (by a third party) to pull critical patients out, would they be safe to do so or would Hamas shoot them down? If the latter is true, the doctors need to move the operation. Hamas is clearly firing rockets off a stones throw away from this hospital, they are not dealing with some ‘bad eggs’, it’s clearly their doctrine.

What the West appears to be endorsing is a campaign against Hamas and dismantling the underground networks that has facilitated them arming and firing rockets into Israel for decades now. The West has also made it clear that genocide is not okay. So a distinction has to be made between the two and those conflating them are not helping resolve the situation.

Are these bakeries in the north or the south? If they are the last stalwarts refusing to leave the north they aren’t listening and letting the war between two militias take place. If they are in the south that’s far too close to genocide. IDF removing basic needs of the civilian population as a negotiating tool for hostages from militants is acting in bad faith - the militants aren’t going to be the ones starving it’s the civilians first. Biden is drawing a line here and I’m seeing the distinction too.

:catstare:

VoicesCanBe
Jul 1, 2023

"Cóż, wygląda na to, że zostaliśmy łaskawie oszczędzeni trudu decydowania o własnym losie. Jakże uprzejme z ich strony, że przearanżowali Europę bez kłopotu naszego zdania!"

Ramrod Hotshot posted:

Nate Bronze

alarumklok
Jun 30, 2012

Al! posted:

lmao love western blindness because the polling is always focused on questions its easy for your average idiot to say yes to "do you think israel has a right to defend itself?" "should israel be destroyed?" "rate yourself on how antisemitic you are 1-10(israel counts)"

no, yes, 10. easy

Breakfast All Day
Oct 21, 2004

PostNouveau posted:

getting executed by the fbi just because i wanted to dismantle the underground networks under the oklahoma city federal building

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

PostNouveau posted:

"turning them into hubs" "refusing to leave" this loving brick-brained motherfucker thinks critically injured human beings and the doctors who care for them are just FPS units you lasso click then right click in the fog of war to move and they give a confirmation bark like "zug zug"

DAD LOST MY IPOD
Feb 3, 2012

Fats Dominar is on the case

if we’re gonna dismantle underground tunnel
networks the best place to start is comet ping pong

mags
May 30, 2008

Owlbear Camus posted:

"turning them into hubs" "refusing to leave" this loving brick-brained motherfucker thinks critically injured human beings and the doctors who care for them are just FPS units you lasso click then right click in the fog of war to move and they give a confirmation bark like "zug zug"

they know they can’t just up and move the secret is they don’t consider them human beings hope this helps

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

https://twitter.com/craigtimes/status/1714331292886520104

Actually I'd rather address this, lmao at this guy just using state funds for all kinds of wild poo poo

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord

Ramrod Hotshot posted:

I'm definitely going listen to the guy who got canned from his sinecure of being the Numbers Dipshit and had to go back to professional gambling

Engorged Pedipalps
Apr 21, 2023

Ramrod Hotshot posted:

Glad to see Nate has finally aged into the old man shouting at clouds mindset, and has completely detached himself from the needs and interests of younger people

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

like gently caress try to imagine emptying a million people, including those in critical care in hospitals, out of a metro area on the global north, idk Philladelphia or Munich under optimal conditions not under attack, with a place to go and more or less functioning infrastructure. Even that sounds like a cluster gently caress.

mags posted:

they know they can’t just up and move the secret is they don’t consider them human beings hope this helps

yep the point of treating them like frictionless blobs who won't do as their bidden and NOT doing the thought experiment of "wait a minute what if someone just said "you have 24 hours to empty out seattle how absurd would that be" is to excuse loving genocide

crime weed
Nov 9, 2009
:d2a:

PoontifexMacksimus
Feb 14, 2012

Sunak will pose next to a Qassam rocket to prove they are big enough to blow up a hospital

Hatebag
Jun 17, 2008

Nonsense posted:

https://twitter.com/craigtimes/status/1714331292886520104

Actually I'd rather address this, lmao at this guy just using state funds for all kinds of wild poo poo

lol sounds like he's embezzling

Ciprian Maricon
Feb 27, 2006

PostNouveau posted:

goddamn its barely 9:30 and im already doing my first crack ping of the day

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

polls have been wrong for 2 decades now but here's why mine are right