Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

dads friend steve
Dec 24, 2004

Karach posted:

The fact that so many organizations of every sort across the West feel the need to say something about major global events probably indicates the class solidarity among the elites across the world. Why did the ag manufacturing company I worked for feel the need to condemn Russia when it invaded Ukraine? Why does the municipality I live in feel the need to issue a statement condemning Hamas' "brutality?" I assume it's because the people making those statements feel that they have more in common with those who support American imperial foreign policy than with the victims of empire?

I'm starting to think language and vibes might matter more than we think. Why would Israel and the US engage in these insane media blitzes if they didn't? The historian Ilan Pappe made the point that genocidal regimes seem to think it's really important to have a believable pretext for carrying out their genocidal activities. Not only do they want to murder people by the thousands, they want to feel good about it while they do it. Does Israel actually fear losing the vibes war on some level?

Not that statements and vibes are a replacement for actual material action, but I'm not sure it's completely irrelevant.

From Radio Rwanda, to the use of Facebook in Myanmar, to Israel and the West’s use of social media and corporate news outlets, it’s always been important for genocidaires to control their messaging

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

i am harry
Oct 14, 2003

OctaMurk posted:

israel is literally if cops had a nation

I was thinking this just the other day

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Israeli news sources are saying she spoke out "in support of Hamas" for the following:

"today we strike in solidarity with Palestine and Gaza. The world needs to speak up and call for an immediate ceasefire, justice and freedom for Palestinians and all civilians affected."

Death By The Blues
Oct 30, 2011
https://twitter.com/MayadeenEnglish/status/1716189249819525189

Weka
May 5, 2019

That child totally had it coming. Nobody should be able to be out at dusk except cars.

The Voice of Labor posted:

for anyone on the fence or confused, every indigenous uprising and retaliation, every slave revolt and every anticolonial action, past present and future, is absolutely 100% justified, every single one every single time

This is moronically broad and could be used to justify things like massacres of Albanians during the Balkan wars. Why don't you just judge each thing on it's own merits? Turns out the world is complex.

Dokapon Findom
Dec 5, 2022

They hated Futanari because His posts were shit.

RealityWarCriminal posted:

During a routine sortie, the Enola Gay accidentally dropped a 10,000 pound fat man on Hiroshima. The department of defense is investigating.

Stavros Halkias???

speng31b
May 8, 2010

gently caress

Hubbert
Mar 25, 2007

At a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act.

I cannot believe that a second misfired rocket caused this.

Honky Mao
Dec 26, 2012

Rocket mishap? Hamas making the calls? Terrorist base?

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

PawParole posted:

https://twitter.com/CaptCoronado/status/1715927056779751571

take this with a giant grain of salt.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Big news

dads friend steve
Dec 24, 2004

just gonna save this for when Israel and its stooges blame it on PIJ or Hezbollah or whoever

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

shes right. brooklyn is the only true jewish homeland

HiroProtagonist
May 7, 2007

this person can get the hell out of brooklyn imo

Death By The Blues
Oct 30, 2011
US now stating to its citizens to leave Lebanon quickly and immediately

30.5 Days
Nov 19, 2006

Karach
May 23, 2003

no war but class war

Nichael posted:

I think the statements war is interesting, especially because they do seem to be losing. However, to repeat the words of a student in the West Bank, who was asked to give a message to DE activists "Posts are not enough."

So yeah, doesn't replace, but it feels slightly more relevant than normal. I hope someone in the DNC recognizes how loving unpopular this is in swing states like PA and MI, but they probably do not or do not care.

This is the thing I've been struggling with. In TYOOL 2023, why bother manufacturing consent? Ordinary people can't do anything to stop elites from going to war, and they have police and spies to prevent the formation of domestic opposition groups. Most people are propagandized to their very bones. Is it just to prevent people from even thinking about revolt?

Dancer
May 23, 2011

Agrajag posted:

yeah they probably think theyll be shooting kids armed with rocks like last time

Where's that one tweet with a video where the kids with rocks are winning.

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

Karach posted:

This is the thing I've been struggling with. In TYOOL 2023, why bother manufacturing consent? Ordinary people can't do anything to stop elites from going to war, and they have police and spies to prevent the formation of domestic opposition groups. Most people are propagandized to their very bones. Is it just to prevent people from even thinking about revolt?

they are paper tigers and absolutely need to manufacture consent to remain in power

30.5 Days
Nov 19, 2006
https://x.com/SunilSarwal/status/1716115547979485338?s=20

"what's earlier?"

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Sheng-Ji Yang posted:

they are paper tigers and absolutely need to manufacture consent to remain in power

consent was manufactured years ago.

PoontifexMacksimus
Feb 14, 2012

two-time fee posted:

Yet laugh not in your carnival of crime
Too proudly, ye oppressors!

You have seen, it is to be feared, but the beginning of sorrows. All the blood which has been shed will be required at your hands. At your hands alone? No—but at the hands of the people of New-England and of all the free states. The crime of oppression is national. The south is only the agent in this guilty traffic. But, remember! the same causes are at work which must inevitably produce the same effects; and when the contest shall have again begun, it must be again a war of extermination. In the present instance, no quarters have been asked or given.

But we have killed and routed them now—we can do it again and again—we are invincible! A dastardly triumph, well becoming a nation of oppressors. Detestable complacency, that can think, without emotion, of the extermination of the blacks! We have the power to kill all—let us, therefore, continue to apply the whip and forge new fetters!
In his fury against the revolters, who will remember their wrongs? What will it avail them, though the catalogue of their sufferings, dripping with warm blood fresh from their lacerated bodies, be held up to extenuate their conduct? It is enough that the victims were black—that circumstance makes them less precious than the dogs which have been slain in our streets! They were black—brutes, pretending to be men—legions of curses upon their memories! They were black—God made them to serve us!

Ye patriotic hypocrites! ye panegyrists of Frenchmen, Greeks, and Poles! ye fustian declaimers for liberty! ye valiant sticklers for equal rights among yourselves! ye haters of aristocracy! ye assailants of monarchies! ye republican nullifiers! ye treasonable disunionists! be dumb! Cast no reproach upon the conduct of the slaves, but let your lips and cheeks wear the blisters of condemnation!

Ye accuse the pacific friends of emancipation of instigating the slaves to revolt. Take back the charge as a foul slander. The slaves need no incentives at our hands. They will find them in their stripes—in their emaciated bodies—in their ceaseless toil—in their ignorant minds—in every field, in every valley, on every hill-top and mountain, wherever you and your fathers have fought for liberty—in your speeches, your conversations, your celebrations, your pamphlets, your newspapers—voices in the air, sounds from across the ocean, invitations to resistance above, below, around them! What more do they need? Surrounded by such influences, and smarting under their newly made wounds, is it wonderful that they should rise to contend—as other "heroes" have contended—for their lost rights? It is not wonderful.

http://fair-use.org/the-liberator/1831/09/03/the-insurrection

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

Karach posted:

I guess. I really don't know. Perhaps it's just to continue to treat Americans like abuse victims through gaslighting, thus crushing hope? Or maybe it's just the neoliberal machine running semi-autonomously? I have no answer, I just generally err on the side of posts not doing much or anything at all. It was really great seeing all the people in Philly last night regardless, and it was maybe the largest protest I've ever been to (or at least the most coherent and energetic one).

KomradeX
Oct 29, 2011

HashtagGirlboss posted:

You do it intentionally and then lie

You have to forgive him hes an Anarcho-NATOist so hes really stupid and doesn't know an obvious lie when he sees one

Weka
May 5, 2019

That child totally had it coming. Nobody should be able to be out at dusk except cars.

Karach posted:

The fact that so many organizations of every sort across the West feel the need to say something about major global events probably indicates the class solidarity among the elites across the world. Why did the ag manufacturing company I worked for feel the need to condemn Russia when it invaded Ukraine? Why does the municipality I live in feel the need to issue a statement condemning Hamas' "brutality?" I assume it's because the people making those statements feel that they have more in common with those who support American imperial foreign policy than with the victims of empire?

I'm starting to think language and vibes might matter more than we think. Why would Israel and the US engage in these insane media blitzes if they didn't? The historian Ilan Pappe made the point that genocidal regimes seem to think it's really important to have a believable pretext for carrying out their genocidal activities. Not only do they want to murder people by the thousands, they want to feel good about it while they do it. Does Israel actually fear losing the vibes war on some level?

Not that statements and vibes are a replacement for actual material action, but I'm not sure it's completely irrelevant.

Well somebody has to do the genociding, it helps if they think it's a good idea.

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

ok to set up our next improv scene a little help from the audience audience can I get a place? I'm hearing Israel, great. Okay, now, can I get a noun that's kind of a transition or process? Death, great! Okay our troupe is going to do a scene called 'death to Israel'

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

Owlbear Camus posted:

ok to set up our next improv scene a little help from the audience audience can I get a place? I'm hearing Israel, great. Okay, now, can I get a noun that's kind of a transition or process? Death, great! Okay our troupe is going to do a scene called 'death to Israel'

hey where can i buy tickets to your troupe's show?

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer

Karach posted:

it's paper tigers stacked on paper tigers. The technological panopticon they obviously envision is not yet complete. The trap has not yet slammed shut. They've got to be careful because the failure of one part of our institutions may cause a cascade.

Weka
May 5, 2019

Sheng-Ji Yang posted:

shes right. brooklyn is the only true jewish homeland

NYC has significantly more Jews than Tel Aviv and Jerusalem combined. The USA has only like a million less than Israel.

Strep Vote
May 5, 2004

أنا أحب حليب الشوكولاتة

I remember hearing the flotilla get boarded live in the middle of the night, and then the Israelis rounded up all the cooking utensils on the ship and called them a weapons cache. 🙃 Death to Israel.

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat
anyone got that list of all the countries Israel has bombed in the last two weeks?

in all instances did Israel strike first?

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/TravelGov/status/1716188077423497564

Someone, somewhere might go through this thread in the future. This is the state department tweet about leaving Lebanon.

Zodium
Jun 19, 2004

Karach posted:

there’s no real human agency involved. what we’re seeing is like a paperclip maximizer for consent.

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012
NYC unironically has more in common with how Israel the religious state was supposed to come about than Israel the crazy war freak state does

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

RealityWarCriminal posted:

hello muddah
hello faddah
doing global
intifada

hello mullah hello fatwa

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009
Note: the blood is very obviously fake.

https://twitter.com/rafaelshimunov/status/1716049297836331209

DTI.

Karach
May 23, 2003

no war but class war

Regarde Aduck posted:

it's paper tigers stacked on paper tigers. The technological panopticon they obviously envision is not yet complete. The trap has not yet slammed shut. They've got to be careful because the failure of one part of our institutions may cause a cascade.

This makes sense. The rot is becoming too obvious to ignore. A bunch of Qanon dorks accidentally took over the US capitol. Canada's capital was occupied for the better part of a week with very little pushback. Israel's technologically advanced army got the poo poo kicked out of it by ~1500 half-starved fighters with paragliders. NATO has almost completely emptied its arsenal facing off against Russia.

Captain Magic
Apr 4, 2005

Yes, we have feathers--but the muscles of men.

Karach posted:

it's kind of like, you know how at work you have to do your spreadsheet or whatever work entry form a certain way, even though it actually doesn't *do* anything for anyone in your company, it's just how business is done?

it's that

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro

Owlbear Camus posted:

yes, and...

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

May this woman never know peace. I pray she one day realizes how vile of an excuse for a human being she is.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RedQueen
Apr 21, 2007

It takes all the running you can do just to stay in the same place.
Lebanon doesn’t let visitors in with an Israel stamp on their passport btw