Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ash Crimson
Apr 4, 2010

sebzilla posted:

If it's a "prominent" Surrey MP in their 60s then either Chris Grayling or Crispin Blunt.

who are you betting on bro

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

smellmycheese posted:

Maybe I’m just getting older but perhaps knowing that Keith and his Briefcase gang are just going to run damage control while the Tories regroup is better than whatever that feeling was in 1997 that Blair actually had some genuine intent to reform how this decrepit archaic shithole was managed

The idea that New New Labour are going to be interested in and capable of 'damage control' seems a bit optimistic in and of itself, TBH.

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

Crispin Blunt is trending, so the court of the internet think it's him

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

inshallah gavin williamson will finally face justice for his crimes

The Liquor Snurf
Jul 22, 2021

I am the Liquor

If it is Crispin Blunt, how much of a coincidence is it that he was saying this last week:

https://news.sky.com/story/tory-mp-accuses-israeli-and-hamas-of-war-crimes-in-israel-and-gaza-12986993

E:

Sky News posted:

A Tory MP has accused both Israel and Hamas of having "committed war crimes" as part of the current conflict.

Crispin Blunt, who is also a paid director of the International Centre of Justice for Palestinians, made the claim in parliament as MPs were updated on the hospital blast in Gaza last night, which is reported to have killed hundreds of people.

The Liquor Snurf fucked around with this message at 17:55 on Oct 26, 2023

smellmycheese
Feb 1, 2016

Darth Walrus posted:

The idea that New New Labour are going to be interested in and capable of 'damage control' seems a bit optimistic in and of itself, TBH.

My tinfoil take is that things are about to get increasingly hosed up so the establishment decides it’s time to let Keith and his gang in to soak up the pain. Let them have 5-10 years of explaining to everyone why everything is totally hosed.

Being a Tory MP in power is for the good times when you can fill your boots. Not raking over the coals for the tiniest nuggets

TACD
Oct 27, 2000

Zalakwe posted:

It's not the question, it's the order. By making everyone aware of his views before asking the voting intention question you make people who may have been totally unaware of those views or didn't have them front of mind focus on them, that sways the later voting intention question.
Lol, maybe strictly correct from a technical polling perspective but “they made people aware of his views before asking their opinion of him” is not a great defence.

Anyway it’s only an online poll so it has barely any relation to reality in the first place.

Jaeluni Asjil
Apr 18, 2018

Sorry I thought you were a landlord when I gave you your old avatar!

The Liquor Snurf posted:

If it is Crispin Blunt, how much of a coincidence is it that he was saying this last week:

https://news.sky.com/story/tory-mp-accuses-israeli-and-hamas-of-war-crimes-in-israel-and-gaza-12986993

Exactly what I was thinking.

Also he just posted this:

https://twitter.com/CrispinBlunt/status/1717585117932142922

Convex
Aug 19, 2010

fuctifino posted:

https://twitter.com/FullFact/status/1717156470138044540

"If you ignore 50% of the crimes, then crime stats are down by 50%"

:allears:

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

somehow that last av was even worse than your posting
Sounds like a stitch up on old blunters.

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

If he'd only kept quiet about Gaza he could have carried on raping and taking class A's

In other news, Labour's lost control of Oxford city council

https://twitter.com/LeftieStats/status/1717601154392068110

fuctifino fucked around with this message at 19:22 on Oct 26, 2023

keep punching joe
Jan 22, 2006

Die Satan!

fuctifino posted:

If he'd only kept quiet about Gaza he could have carried on raping and taking class A's

Assuming those independents are insane libertarian tories or ex bnp so good fit for a coalition.

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

somehow that last av was even worse than your posting
Presumably they're the labour ones that just left

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Kid's blasting everything in sight with that new-fangled musket.

fuctifino posted:

Great news for thread favourite and Akehurst vanquisher the Dick Wolff

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

:discourse:
It's what's for dinner.
I continue to be suspicious of twitter account "stats for lefties"

Nuclear Spoon
Aug 18, 2010

I want to cry out
but I don’t scream and I don’t shout
And I feel so proud
to be alive
yeah it sucks and i don't like it. seems to frequrently misrepresent situations in a really unnecessary way

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Kid's blasting everything in sight with that new-fangled musket.

It cherrypicks hard but the person who runs it seems to have their heart in the right place

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Yeah it's obviously trying to construct a narrative but I figure that's indicated by the account name.

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006

Microplastics posted:

I continue to be suspicious of twitter

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

Yeah, I'm wary of that account too after their recent post about Labour losing the Muslim vote went viral & was quickly debunked, but the news of the resignations was confirmed elsewhere and it was a lazy share that appeared on my feed.

This is also another lazy but hilarious share.

https://twitter.com/GBNewsSpin/status/1717263086837465436

This is the world that gammons want for us

Wachter
Mar 23, 2007

You and whose knees?

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

Wachter
Mar 23, 2007

You and whose knees?

luv debates
ate bias

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté
(Les éditions des amitiés franco-québécoises)

Hello, dear

L!VE TV getting weird these days

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006
TikTok star Mizzy banned from social media and faces custodial sentence

what a loving idiot

he's gonna find out that judges do not like people mocking the justice system

Monica Bellucci
Dec 14, 2022
In swording news, I just completed two hours of thrusting lunges. Tomorrow, stairs shall be my nemesis.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

Julio Cruz posted:

judges do not like people mocking the justice system
They should consider losing the wigs then.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

help

help

dear christ I'm laughing so much I',m cryin hahahahah heellp

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

It's what's for dinner.

Julio Cruz posted:

TikTok star Mizzy banned from social media and faces custodial sentence

what a loving idiot

he's gonna find out that judges do not like people mocking the justice system

quote:

The judge ordered the father-of-one not to use social media "at all", except to send messages

Judge: :justpost:

josh04
Oct 19, 2008

"THE FLASH IS THE REASON
TO RACE TO THE THEATRES"

This title contains sponsored content.

Need a "This Court orders you to Just Post" emote with a tiny crying judge.

Wachter
Mar 23, 2007

You and whose knees?

You know how I know GB News isn't bias? Because the Pontins-level musical act hired specifically to commend the host says so

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
Those mic feeds definitely aren't biased.

Pistol_Pete
Sep 15, 2007

Oven Wrangler

sebzilla posted:

At least we can get our disappointment out of the way early rather than having it pile up slowly over the next parliament.

And then anything actually good that happens (stop laughing!) is a bonus.

Yeah, this thread would be unreadable for years after a Labour victory if for every pathetic u-turn and nasty bit of spiteful politics the thread was going: "Well actually now was not the time to have that fight/ building credibility so they can make progressive changes later/ it's not something to squander political capital on/ surely this is part of some longer term strategy/ hearts are in the right place" etc etc etc etc.

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006
is there a decent workaround to the Youtube adblocker ban?

Apraxin
Feb 22, 2006

General-Admiral

fuctifino posted:

This is also another lazy but hilarious share.

https://twitter.com/GBNewsSpin/status/1717263086837465436

This is the world that gammons want for us
lmao it's these guys, thought they'd been cast into the memory hole at least a decade ago

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5MQxKxmwY3s

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Julio Cruz posted:

I have no idea why this works, but I opened the video I wanted to watch, turned off uBlock Origin, refreshed the page, turned on uBlock Origin, refreshed again & am now watching videos without ads again as the Lord intended. I will never ever close this window now.

Just Another Lurker
May 1, 2009

Julio Cruz posted:

Firefox running uBlock Origin has worked for me on pc, no idea about phones though.

TACD
Oct 27, 2000

Julio Cruz posted:

Check out the YouTube adblocking thread.

Firefox with uBlock Origin on PC and Safari with Vinegar on macOS / iOS has been working fine for me. Anecdotally it seems like people running Chrome are getting hit with warnings more often.

Zalakwe
Jun 4, 2007
Likes Cake, Hates Hamsters

TACD posted:

Lol, maybe strictly correct from a technical polling perspective but “they made people aware of his views before asking their opinion of him” is not a great defence.

Anyway it’s only an online poll so it has barely any relation to reality in the first place.

Yeah I hadn't realised at first but it's actually a back of fag packet job. Still provided some entertainment.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

It's what's for dinner.
Best I've found is Ghostery which gives me this when youtube gives me the finger:

It works well, but if the youtube is age-restricted then i have to sign in which is a faff.