Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BlackIronHeart
Aug 2, 2004

PROCEED

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

"I could have sworn I left all those pic-a-nic baskets right here, who on earth could have ~AGH"

https://i.imgur.com/9JMCuop.mp4

If that guy had managed to throw a wild punch at the bear and, by some miracle, knocked it out he'd have a video that would get him free drinks for life.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

I didn't expect the bear in the five nights at Freddy movie too look so realistic

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

8one6 posted:

A found footage horror movie where the monster is just a bear wandering through the neigh.
Poor freckles, got murdered by half a tonne of bear and died.

Hyperlynx
Sep 13, 2015

The Peccadillo posted:

Also once a very disfigured elderly Greek man gave me a flower vase full of wine for some reason

E: I googled it and it was probably an alabastron, which is reletaively normal thing to put wine in for old Greek people. Probably not to slurp on on tram rides and then gift to strangers. Never been to Greece can't say for sure

Holy poo poo, an amphora of wine? Just how elderly was the guy? A Trojan War veteran, or something?

Mauser
Dec 16, 2003

How did I even get here, son?!
personal schad: searched all over the house for low battery chirp on a smoke detector, couldn't find it, texted the neighbors, they didn't have anything going off either, took the trash out and hear it clear as day coming from the alley somewhere or a building behind. day three of the chirping and still unable to locate it outside

grumplestiltzkin
Jun 7, 2012

Ass, gas, or grass. No one rides for free.

Ruflux posted:

This seems like a bit of a bullshit comparison though, since the newer ones go from extended cab to full-on crew cab which obviously will eat up bed space in exchange for having interior storage or a full rear seat. You can still buy a single cab version and get more bed space. Probably still less than the oldest one honestly, but it's still not going to be as dramatic of a reduction as depicted here.

when was the last time you saw a single cab/long bed being driven for something other than commercial purposes? Its true you can still buy them but theyre mostly fleet/commercial vehicles. Hell most dealerships likely wont have more than one or two (if any) in stock because they know that the sort of suburban dipshits that buy trucks as a status symbol/social signifier dont want to deal with any of the downsides of driving an actual truck

burexas.irom
Oct 29, 2007

I disapprove of what you say, and I will defend your death because you have no right to say it!

Non Compos Mentis posted:

i think that bear was wearing a wire

it was an informant!

You no say?

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009

Mauser posted:

personal schad: searched all over the house for low battery chirp on a smoke detector, couldn't find it, texted the neighbors, they didn't have anything going off either, took the trash out and hear it clear as day coming from the alley somewhere or a building behind. day three of the chirping and still unable to locate it outside

Oh mannnnnn

I had a low battery chirp I couldn't find, back when I had a dog that would get progressively more and more stressed by the chirp until she would give herself diarrhea and tremble on the ground. Turns out it was in a crawlspace under the house I was renting that the new owner didn't even know about. It was a miserable week

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Ugh, that sound gives me a panic response just from the number of times one has started in the middle of the night right above my bed. I legitimately can't understand the people who let it just become a regular part of the background rather than changing the battery. It even makes me jump when it pops up in the background of some lazy youtuber's video.

HenryJLittlefinger
Jan 31, 2010

stomp clap

Evilreaver
Feb 26, 2007

GEORGE IS GETTIN' AUGMENTED!
Dinosaur Gum
I once had a great big frog toy with a motion sensor on the front of it so when you walked by it would have a big loud frog croak sound play. Eventually the battery died and I didn't bother to replace it so it just became a toy that sat on the shelf all day as part of room decor

Well one day, like a year later, at 2:00 am when I got up to go to the bathroom that frog found just enough juice to scare 10 years off my life

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

Did it save you that trip to the bathroom?

Evilreaver
Feb 26, 2007

GEORGE IS GETTIN' AUGMENTED!
Dinosaur Gum

TITTIEKISSER69 posted:

Did it save you that trip to the bathroom?

It did not; that's where the cleaning supplies are

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat

Splicer posted:

Poor freckles, got murdered by half a tonne of bear and died.

Ruflux
Jun 16, 2012

grumplestiltzkin posted:

when was the last time you saw a single cab/long bed being driven for something other than commercial purposes? Its true you can still buy them but theyre mostly fleet/commercial vehicles. Hell most dealerships likely wont have more than one or two (if any) in stock because they know that the sort of suburban dipshits that buy trucks as a status symbol/social signifier dont want to deal with any of the downsides of driving an actual truck

Never because I don't live in America and I can count the times I've seen a single cab pickup in my entire life with one hand. The baseline for a Hilux or similar size pickup (the only size that's honestly even sold here) here is extended cab, but crew cabs without rear seats (because of tax reasons, no rear seat means it's a van) are increasingly common because you've got a much bigger and easier to access space inside the vehicle than with an extended cab.

But you're totally right on the overall point, I read up on that image and as it turns out they specifically picked the most popular configuration for each generation and yeah, no doubt increasing amounts of truck sales in the US are people who have literally no need for a truck buying one. You don't even need a chart for it, it's just basic recognized fact as is the fact they're getting obnoxiously massive, if not in sheer size then in design, with massive frontal blind spots because of tall hoods etc.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

grumplestiltzkin posted:

when was the last time you saw a single cab/long bed being driven for something other than commercial purposes?

Multiple times, every single day of my life. But I live in Australia and single cab trucks ("utes") are an absolute staple of the culture here. :australia:

For further evidence, here's the Deniliquin Ute Muster. I assure you those are all real words.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8jY5fR8026c

Ror
Oct 21, 2010

😸Everything's 🗞️ purrfect!💯🤟

Utes and station wagons are the two platonic ideals of car shape

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Shai-Hulud posted:

Found this on the back of a best-selling book:

Yes that's a placeholder that tells you to please buy the font if you intend to use it commercially.

Since it's a book written by a Nazi shithead it was my pleasure to contact zetafonts about it!

Out of curiosity, why were you paying such close attention to the back of a book written by a Nazi shithead?

The Peccadillo
Mar 4, 2013

We Have Important Work To Do

Hyperlynx posted:

Holy poo poo, an amphora of wine? Just how elderly was the guy? A Trojan War veteran, or something?

I'm going to assume yes I was visited by a man who got injured coming out of the Trojan horse

Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

Captain Hygiene posted:

Ugh, that sound gives me a panic response just from the number of times one has started in the middle of the night right above my bed. I legitimately can't understand the people who let it just become a regular part of the background rather than changing the battery. It even makes me jump when it pops up in the background of some lazy youtuber's video.

My favorite is hearing it in Xbox live voice chat.

Mauser posted:

One of your neighbors is probably lying because they don't want to deal with it.

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

Captain Hygiene posted:

on loveline they would tell the caller to shut up and stop the whole show waiting for it lol

Shai-Hulud
Jul 10, 2008

But it feels so right!
Lipstick Apathy

Jedit posted:

Out of curiosity, why were you paying such close attention to the back of a book written by a Nazi shithead?

I was (still am till the end of the month) a bookseller.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Blue Footed Booby posted:

One of your neighbors is probably lying because they don't want to deal with it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4zoQfqPnMA8

limp_cheese
Sep 10, 2007

Nothing to see here. Move along.

Avenue 5 had an entire episode about a cruise ship in space beeping like a fire alarm for days that was amazing.

RIP to a great show.

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

Shai-Hulud posted:

Condolences.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

hawowanlawow posted:

on loveline they would tell the caller to shut up and stop the whole show waiting for it lol

Lol, I forgot about that, comedy gold.

Mauser
Dec 16, 2003

How did I even get here, son?!

Nah, I tracked it down roughly to a house that's three or four up and across the alley from me, but I can't pinpoint which one without scaling some fences and I don't know any of them. Those things are loud as poo poo and it sounds like it's coming from inside despite being at least 30 yards away and outside.

hawowanlawow posted:

I timed it and this one is every 30 seconds :negative:

Mauser has a new favorite as of 21:55 on Oct 27, 2023

Bored
Jul 26, 2007

Dude, ix-nay on the oice-vay.

When I worked at an insurance company, I would get multiple calls during the day from representatives of medical offices calling to check on medical authorizations with that beep in the background.

There were also a few regular callers that had some very vocal roosters outside of their home. My favorite was when one of those roosters made it into the house and crowd every time the caller attempted to speak to me. He kept putting me on hold to try to catch that rooster, but kept failing to catch it. And as soon as he came back and tried to give me the information I needed to look up the authorization, that loving rooster would crow over him again. It was hilarious.

My life sucks, so I take any naturally occurring humor I can find.

freeedr
Feb 21, 2005

Shai-Hulud posted:

Did you watch The Booksellers

Trabant
Nov 26, 2011

All systems nominal.
https://i.imgur.com/H3A1IhJ.mp4

ntaf.mp4
https://i.imgur.com/g2WJGKG.mp4

https://i.imgur.com/F8W0gpf.mp4

https://i.imgur.com/bkzXf7t.mp4

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

Ow my spine

crusty
Apr 16, 2015

Crustacean

Lmao, this is the perfect pratfall

Nowher
Nov 29, 2019

pack your bags

Multiple times, every single day of my life. But I live in Australia and single cab trucks ("utes") are an absolute staple of the culture here. :australia:

For further evidence, here's the Deniliquin Ute Muster. I assure you those are all real words.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8jY5fR8026c

Ha, my friend worked there and stayed onsite for the set up and operation of the stages.

The Schad is that he's a trendy metro boy and this was three days of personal hell for him.

BlackIronHeart
Aug 2, 2004

PROCEED

The Full Scorpion! Those are rare!

The Peccadillo
Mar 4, 2013

We Have Important Work To Do

Nowher posted:

Ha, my friend worked there and stayed onsite for the set up and operation of the stages.

The Schad is that he's a trendy metro boy and this was three days of personal hell for him.

I used to live super close to Sunmernats and it was loud as hell. Crazy car noises for a week. I knew people who would work there selling drinks and stuff and it was a sexual harassment tornado. And it was hard to get your pay check because it's run by a crime family and all kindsa shady

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QDuZCLd5Muk

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

"I could have sworn I left all those pic-a-nic baskets right here, who on earth could have ~AGH"

Don’t make me tap the sign.

BallerBallerDillz
Jun 11, 2009

Cock, Rules, Everything, Around, Me
Scratchmo

https://i.imgur.com/9JMCuop.mp4

Huh, I didn't realize that show was about a literal bear. Maybe I will check it out.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
https://twitter.com/ostonox/status/1717592054417563829?s=20

You do sorta have to wait for the end, but I'm not gonna blame anyone who listens to like 5 seconds of this woman and stops.
Lady was drinking way more caffeine than she thought she was

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

That is a horrifyingly large amount of caffeine. More so if Panera hasn't been clearly communicating it an "energy drink" as alleged.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The General
Mar 4, 2007

Even with clearly stating how much caffeine is in it, I don't think any reasonable person is going to think it's 11~ cans of coke/pepsi in a large lemonade.