Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pentecoastal Elites
Feb 27, 2007

twitter posting isn't bad per say, it's bad when people regurgitate their feeds into a thread instead of actually posting good poo poo. funny, interesting, or newsworthy tweets are good but you should probe people who post dogshit tweets constantly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
only let al-saqr and few others post tweets from sources they trust, simple as maybe idk

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

Im gonna hit a lot more poo poo with people posting just bad tweets in i/p, pretty much any talk of the people making tweets on twitter will get smacked with the worst punishment - sixers

speng31b
May 8, 2010

tweets should be destroyed...

Jonah Galtberg
Feb 11, 2009

Cuttlefush posted:

yeah tweet with actual info is fine. obviously. there just are so few

Pentecoastal Elites posted:

twitter posting isn't bad per say, it's bad when people regurgitate their feeds into a thread instead of actually posting good poo poo. funny, interesting, or newsworthy tweets are good but you should probe people who post dogshit tweets constantly.

yes, totally supportive of cracking down on this type of garbage (not sure you'd allow 'funny' tweets through without also collecting a whole bunch of lint though)

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001
you'd fix a lot of the problem by probing anyone who posts a tweet that's already been posted. it's easy enough to search for if you aren't sure, but instead we see the same one on every page if something interesting happens. and if there's risk of a sixer from just mindlessly spamming tweets, maybe those people will think twice

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

i probe people for posting twitter randos to get mad at it

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

Ohtori Akio
Jul 15, 2022
Probation
Can't post for 19 minutes!

really queer Christmas posted:

Im gonna hit a lot more poo poo with people posting just bad tweets in i/p, pretty much any talk of the people making tweets on twitter will get smacked with the worst punishment - sixers

if it feels like your hand has been too firm, no, it has not, please carry on and enhance the reign of terror. the other iks too

ram dass in hell
Dec 29, 2019

:420::toot::420:

Cuttlefush posted:

the interaction didnt go like that at all. it went like what you described but from my point of view.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Twyh5tIIYk

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

lol they sticking dildoes into his brain

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

[austrian accent] it's a living

F Stop Fitzgerald
Dec 12, 2010

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

yours was full

ram dass in hell
Dec 29, 2019

:420::toot::420:

Pentecoastal Elites posted:

lald you are right but in the meantime I hope you are not killed
:same:

Mr Hootington posted:

Oh look the weirdo Karen poster

:ironicat:

ram dass in hell has issued a correction as of 05:30 on Oct 30, 2023

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

speng31b posted:

how about you master the rules before making new ones

Jonah Galtberg
Feb 11, 2009

e: at this point just threadban pawparole please

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

gotta have my purp
well if all the karens are finally gonna come squawk up the anti-gore side i guess we're gonna have to dehumanize ourselves and face the bloodshed. fortunately most of the links are still there so we can quickly catch up to their tolerance

Jonah Galtberg posted:

?

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

Jonah Galtberg posted:

Just start slapping the dumbass posts from non-notable people.

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

cspam cannont stand paw patrol because it features both dogs and cops

Lpzie
Nov 20, 2006

unleash iron crown

Jonah Galtberg
Feb 11, 2009

Mr Hootington posted:

Just start slapping the dumbass posts from non-notable people.

a threadban might have been a bit of a kneejerk response, but the screws should be further tightened on posting bad tweets

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

gotta have my purp

Jonah Galtberg posted:

a threadban might have been a bit of a kneejerk response, but the screws should be further tightened on posting bad tweets

pawparole has posted enough very good analysis and information on africa we should give them a pass to post whatever. if you add a lot of good signal you get to make more noise imo

e: that is a lot of tweets though what the gently caress. i guess someone just needs to ask about a current or historical situation in africa ever once in a while or else they start tearing up the furniture. that's really our fault

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001

Cuttlefush posted:

pawparole has posted enough very good analysis and information on africa we should give them a pass to post whatever. if you add a lot of good signal you get to make more noise imo

they can keep posting analysis without spamming twitter links then

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

cspam cannont stand paw patrol because it features both dogs and cops

I watched the latest paw patrol movie and the villains are a gay megalomaniac and a smart black woman with teal hair.

The opening sequence of that movie has the paw patrol putting out a fire at a junkyard using their cool vehicles with their special abilities except the cop dog whose ability seems to be "taking statements".

The movie was very, very based

Lpzie posted:

unleash iron crown

One of the posters who gave the I/P donation a "1" vote is the new Iron Crowned but for cats

Mr Hootington has issued a correction as of 06:19 on Oct 30, 2023

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

speng31b posted:

I can kinda see your point
but these people will always find a way to post hosed up, like posting 10 screenshots of forum search results from their Android app

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

mawarannahr posted:

I can kinda see your point

but these people will always find a way to post hosed up, like posting 10 screenshots of forum search results from their Android app

Posting the economist who makes the doom econ readers mad is fun.

And once again I regret you weren't permabanned

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

Mr Hootington posted:

oh? go on

Ohtori Akio
Jul 15, 2022
Probation
Can't post for 19 minutes!

Mr Hootington posted:

Lpzie
Nov 20, 2006

lol... what is going on !

FirstnameLastname
Jul 10, 2022

Lpzie posted:

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Lpzie posted:

😁

tristeham
Jul 31, 2022

fizzier
Oct 29, 2023

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

“告诉她希刺克厉夫是什么:一个未经改造的生物,未经提炼,未经修养; 一片长满金雀花和白石的干旱荒野。 。 。 请不要以为他在严厉的外表下隐藏着深厚的仁慈和感情! 他不是一颗粗糙的钻石——一颗乡村的含珍珠的牡蛎:他是一个凶猛、无情、狼性的人。 。 。 他会像压碎麻雀蛋一样压碎你。”

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

fizzier posted:

“告诉她希刺克厉夫是什么:一个未经改造的生物,未经提炼,未经修养; 一片长满金雀花和白石的干旱荒野。 。 。 请不要以为他在严厉的外表下隐藏着深厚的仁慈和感情! 他不是一颗粗糙的钻石——一颗乡村的含珍珠的牡蛎:他是一个凶猛、无情、狼性的人。 。 。 他会像压碎麻雀蛋一样压碎你。”

:haibrow:

Weka
May 5, 2019

That child totally had it coming. Nobody should be able to be out at dusk except cars.

Fantastic work destroying all burger posters, myself included

John Charity Spring
Nov 4, 2009

SCREEEEE

I will also do that, I am sick of seeing so many loving tweets that say nothing

Zodium
Jun 19, 2004

Jonah Galtberg posted:

ban navelgazing about twitter, not the tweets themselves. embeds load like poo poo and are a huge pain on mobile especially, but the problem with outlawing those posts in the i/p thread right now is that 99% of non-MSM coverage of the conflict is coming directly out of twitter and telegram.

this is basically what I’m doing already

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

gotta have my purp

Lpzie posted:

grief process. this is anger. dumb gently caress

Zodium
Jun 19, 2004

lmfao the ip thread gets so dire during the night, it’s like a scene out of world war z with burgers instead of zombies

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

gotta have my purp
thread can't get tucked in until it gets to see the nightly parade of us domestics. lot of the big guy tonight some appreciation for comrade hinkle. seems like someone has been missing though