Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Danakir
Feb 10, 2014

Obnoxipus posted:

With Topaz being good with follow-up characters, I have to ask-- is she any good with Kafka or are they not a good combo? I didn't see her mentioned, so I wasn't sure if it was just a case of "poo poo combo, and everyone knows it."

It's fine and it works, but it kinda requires a speedy crit Kafka to really shine which isn't the build you'd normally go for. Not a lot of synergy outside of being able to have very fine control of Kafka's follow-up attack since her multipliers on it are pretty low.

You can make it work if it's something you really want to commit to but otherwise I wouldn't bother.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Obnoxipus posted:

With Topaz being good with follow-up characters, I have to ask-- is she any good with Kafka or are they not a good combo? I didn't see her mentioned, so I wasn't sure if it was just a case of "poo poo combo, and everyone knows it."

They're probably fine together. Nothing earth shattering, but Kafka does follow ups after basic attacks and all Topaz wants to do is basic attack. Kafka just has better support partners, and the meta is the only thing that matters in these discussions.

Leraika
Jun 14, 2015

Luckily, I *did* save your old avatar. Fucked around and found out indeed.
from what I've heard, some theorycrafters have pointed to kakfa/clara/topaz as one of the stronger cores you can run, which I find mildly annoying lol

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

Xalidur posted:

Other than Topaz, Blade, and Luocha, all I want is Screwllum.

I want a Blade rerun to make the Edgelord & Lady dream team of him and Jingliu, Silverwolf on her rerun that’s coming, and Screwllum. Give me the goddamn robot MHY.

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

I forgot about Screwllum! Do we know when he shows up?

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

coolusername posted:

How are people hitting 100k? I can get 55k on the current one with Jingliu on hunt, but 100k is insane. What builds can do it?

Yeah, I'm not coming close. But I should probably try one of my stronger SU builds like Nihility - I've been doing a Blade-based Destruction team (which got around 60k for the first two but only 50 on the third, though the third seems pretty luck-based since certain curios are dramatically better when acquired earlier or later into the run - in the end I only got to 450% damage, and I'm sure it's possible to go much higher).

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Bad Video Games posted:

I forgot about Screwllum! Do we know when he shows up?
Some speculation says both he and ruan mei will be in 1.6, but nothing solid. We'll know for sure in a couple weeks probably.

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Keen on the hygiene and on the mission like a super technician.

Endorph posted:

Some speculation says both he and ruan mei will be in 1.6, but nothing solid. We'll know for sure in a couple weeks probably.

Bussamove posted:

Give me the goddamn robot MHY.

:colbert:

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Yeah, got 84k when trying Nihility, definitely one of the most reliable options.

Zokari
Jul 23, 2007

stressing about hitting 100k seems silly

you get some credits, big deal

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

i got lukaaaaa noooo i want the tights gremlin

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.

Ytlaya posted:

Yeah, got 84k when trying Nihility, definitely one of the most reliable options.

Nihility seems a little bad because you have to wait for the enemy to get turns to deal damage.

MadHat
Mar 31, 2011

Clarste posted:

Nihility seems a little bad because you have to wait for the enemy to get turns to deal damage.

You need Kafka, otherwise yeah damage could be an issue.

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Clara acquired! But I'm so resource poor that I need to grind xp mats. :(

My Destruction cones suck. Sacred Vow, The Moles Welcome You, Under the Blue Sky, and Woof! Walk Time. 7 weeks until I can get the Herta cone. I'm assuming Sacred Vow is the best for her?

Also, it looks like my Swordplay might be as good for Topaz as Cruising? Both are S5, and Swordplay has maximum uptime on its bonus.

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

Shhh... don't wake up the sleeping lion :3:

Excelzior posted:

:hmmyes:

more yayi / black swan funds

Actually Black Swan is apparently gonna be in 2.0 (or 1.7, whichever comes after 1.6)

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

blizzardvizard posted:

Actually Black Swan is apparently gonna be in 2.0 (or 1.7, whichever comes after 1.6)

2.0 is apparently after 1.6

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Is Black Swan the name of the character? i thought it meant metaphorically, like a surprise character that interests you more than expected.

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

That's her name yeah. She's the one narrating the Aeon lore video

Pain of Mind
Jul 10, 2004
You are receiving this broadcast as a dream...We are transmitting from the year one nine... nine nine ...You are receiving this broadcast in order t
After averaging around 62000 for the first few waves, ended up with 95000 for this one on the propagation path. I thought I was going to one round it, but the final boss was pretty tanky and took a few rounds. I was missing a bunch of good blessings too, it could definitely be done faster.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

I had a good propagation run with QQ and the Hunt blessing that gives you an extra turn on kill, but still only managed 95000 too. I'd been using Kafka/Nihility on previous days and only getting 70k-80k

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Clarste posted:

That's not quite the case, since you still do damage from stuff like breaking weaknesses or hitting weakness-broken enemies.

I did the fourth one with Hunt and did about as well despite having a pretty mediocre combination of blessings. My damage wasn't amazing, but I got a lot of turns.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Ytlaya posted:

That's not quite the case, since you still do damage from stuff like breaking weaknesses or hitting weakness-broken enemies.

That stuff is just noise compared to the big pop of the actual dots though. I'm not sure "deals damage equal to X% of a dot tick" even counts as "dot damage" for the purposes of things that only boost dot damage.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Clarste posted:

That stuff is just noise compared to the big pop of the actual dots though. I'm not sure "deals damage equal to X% of a dot tick" even counts as "dot damage" for the purposes of things that only boost dot damage.

Speaking of that, does it do 90% (or whatever) of the sum of all DoTs?

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

If you're talking about the blessing, it does exactly one(1) dot out of like six or so. Only Kafka does all dots, afaik, and it doesn't total them together but shows separate damage numbers.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

Robe of the Beauty Infinite is some fun fuckin stuff

Radical
Apr 6, 2011

https://twitter.com/honkaistarrail/status/1719202576309297308

boredsatellite
Dec 7, 2013

Prettyyyyy

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

Love that splash art

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

I will never log offshut up.

Everyone in 1.6 is out.

https://twitter.com/honkaistarrail/status/1719203862291316860
Sadly that name is official. Guess he's a hard pass despite me liking his design too

https://twitter.com/honkaistarrail/status/1719205198529458527
Xueyi feels like she should be a 5* and she's a 4* dps. All the starter ones are at least solid with some like QQ and Sushang having real long term value so I am hoping for her because I really want her to be good.

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

I want Ruan Mei and Ratio both, 1.6 and 2.0 are going to completely drain my jades. I wonder what they're gonna do to sell Ratio in terms of kit when DHIL already exists though.

Eimi posted:

Sadly that name is official. Guess he's a hard pass despite me liking his design too

If they're legitimately renaming Hanabi to "Sparkle" I can't afford to be picky about names in this game

blizzardvizard fucked around with this message at 05:24 on Oct 31, 2023

boredsatellite
Dec 7, 2013

I recall ratio being a follow up char so probably used with topaz

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

blizzardvizard posted:

I want Ruan Mei and Ratio both, 1.6 and 2.0 are going to completely drain my jades. I wonder what they're gonna do to sell Ratio in terms of kit when DHIL already exists though.

Like Seele, his gimmick is getting bonus turns. In his case he advances his own turn a lot. He also self buffs and deals follow up damage.

Danakir
Feb 10, 2014

Eimi posted:

I'm guessing his name is supposed to be a reference to the 'golden ratio'.

YES bread
Jun 16, 2006
RATIO gamers let's get it

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
If you don't know the icons:

Ruan Mei - Ice Harmony
Dr. Ratio - Imaginary Hunt
Xeuyi - Quantum Destruction

Quantum continuing to be a girls only club while Yukong is the only holdout in the otherwise Imaginary Man Squad.

someone awful.
Sep 7, 2007

oh no ratio's cute.....

Traveller
Jan 6, 2012

WHIM AND FOPPERY

Please tell me Ruan Mei and Xueyi are in the same banner :ohdear:

Dr. Ratio looks like he got lost on the way from Sumeru.

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
So far they've usually been previewed in order of banner release so you're gonna have to get Ratio'd for Xueyi

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

With Silver Wolf in 1.5, it's hopefully either Jing Yuan or Luocha. Personally prefer Jing Yuan as I want to pick him up to complete the High Cloud Quintet (and get his lc for Himeko)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 4 days!)

for reruns, interested in bringing my blade to E1, I sortie him so much