Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lpzie
Nov 20, 2006

Comrade Koba posted:

any baidu map users who can confirm this? checked the web version but it looks different than in the screenshot and doesn’t have any flags on the map at all.

zoom any more and all flags disappear.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*

They targeted gamers.

Gamers.

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

The villainous Israelis

Comrade Koba
Jul 2, 2007

Lpzie posted:

zoom any more and all flags disappear.

lmao, that owns

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Comrade Koba posted:

lmao, that owns

was gonna say a flag popping may be triggered by a population threshold but lol lil ol' djbouti got its flag up

Sancho Banana
Aug 4, 2023

Not to be confused with meat.
The Shin Bet and the IDF are being weirdly tight lipped about that POW they found in Gaza yesterday. Every article says that all information about the rescue operation is classified.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

crepeface posted:

They targeted gamers.

Gamers.

Should have put up a billboard in fortnight. Fortnite? However you spell that thing the young 'uns play.

Zadok Allen
Oct 9, 2023

Zadok Allen has issued a correction as of 04:30 on Dec 23, 2023

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*

Zadok Allen posted:

300+ dead IDF fascists in one goddamn day!? Holy poo poo way to go Hamas

hamas ftw

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Sancho Banana posted:

The Shin Bet and the IDF are being weirdly tight lipped about that POW they found in Gaza yesterday. Every article says that all information about the rescue operation is classified.

we barely know where they are with almost no info on how many troops are involved. opsec's tight compared to u/r

Comrade Koba
Jul 2, 2007

Sancho Banana posted:

is this the same person who was mysteriously missing from the official list of hostages until she suddenly appeared on it yesterday?

Resistance News Network posted:

(Click thumbnail to open video)

The IOF claims to have "freed" a settler hostage during the clashes that took place today between the forces and the resistance on the borders of #Gaza.

The zionist story, as usual, doesn't add up. Investigations confirmed that the female soldier who they claimed to have rescued was completely absent from the official list of missing settlers, until today when her photo was added.

In addition, the "rescued" settler in question made a post at a vegetable market on Facebook on 12/10, five days after Al-Aqsa Flood operation began and the captives were taken.

🟢 Hamas political bureau member Izzat Rishq stated: "Regarding the occupation's claims about freeing a female soldier, we confirm that such an announcement aims to distract from the video of the three female prisoners, which caused a great shock within the zionist society. It is an attempt to escape the pressure that the file of the occupation's prisoners puts on Netanyahu and his government.
No one believes the zionist narratives, which are falling apart, and even the zionist society itself does not believe its leaders.
What the resistance will say is the final word."
(from t.me/PalestineResist/17466, via tgsa)

Zadok Allen
Oct 9, 2023

WhiskeyWhiskers posted:

It's so funny that the anti-communist academic project to destroy materialist dialectics in the 20th century has utterly poisoned the Imperialists' ability to think coherently about any problem.

It owns.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

Zadok Allen posted:

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012
Maybe they don't want a repeat of the grannies, workshopping a good story

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.

Zadok Allen posted:

Not to be a party pooper but I think that's the total for the couple weeks, I might be wrong though! still that's more than double the amount Hezbollah killed over 30 days in 2006 so Hamas is outperforming them!

What is impressive though is the confirmed tank kill count in the last 24 hours, they have successfully knocked out 6 tanks, 3 merkavas and 3 panther 14's!

Al-Saqr has issued a correction as of 08:02 on Oct 31, 2023

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

"هذا ليس عادلاً."
"هذا ليس عادلاً على الإطلاق."
"كان هناك وقت الآن."
(السياق الخفي: للقراءة)
It shouldn't be surprising, but why the gently caress would you call one of your armoured vehicles the same thing the Nazis did? Even the West Germans were at least a little coy by choosing a different big cat.

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

crepeface posted:

They targeted gamers.

Gamers.

Gamers have risen up, raised 236,000 dollars in a few days for gaza

https://itch.io/b/2120/games-for-gaza

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

WhiskeyWhiskers posted:

It shouldn't be surprising, but why the gently caress would you call one of your armoured vehicles the same thing the Nazis did?

It's because they're Nazis.

Death By The Blues
Oct 30, 2011

Al-Saqr posted:

Not to be a party pooper but I think that's the total for the couple weeks, I might be wrong though! still that's more than double the amount Hezbollah killed over 30 days in 2006 so Hamas is outperforming them!

What is impressive though is the confirmed tank kill count in the last 24 hours, they have successfully knocked out 6 tanks, 3 merkavas and 3 panther 14's!

Yea these are just the numbers they are admitting to since the 7th. Its definitely higher but not a confirmation it was all done in one day. However, the clashes are intensifying as they continue to push into the north west and down into the coastal/west part of Gaza city.

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

"هذا ليس عادلاً."
"كان هناك وقت الآن."

Al-Saqr posted:

It's because they're Nazis.

A lot of people are saying this

Sancho Banana
Aug 4, 2023

Not to be confused with meat.

Comrade Koba posted:

is this the same person who was mysteriously missing from the official list of hostages until she suddenly appeared on it yesterday?

(from t.me/PalestineResist/17466, via tgsa)

What trips me about this theory is that Israeli media has shown interviews with her family and footage of them celebrating. Seems pretty elaborate if it's completely fake.

E: Israel has been profoundly lazy with it's propaganda throughout the war so far so this would really stand out.

Sancho Banana has issued a correction as of 08:13 on Oct 31, 2023

30.5 Days
Nov 19, 2006
Keep in mind that hamas has taken between 30 and 50 additional hostages since hostilities began, so she may be a fairly recent hostage. She may have just gotten separated from her group and been hiding out in the rubble.

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free

Sancho Banana posted:

What trips me about this theory is that Israeli media has shown interviews with her family and footage of them celebrating. Seems pretty elaborate if it's completely fake.

They’ve never lied or staged things, as we know

30.5 Days
Nov 19, 2006
She might have gotten a small nick or cut and needed to hide out from hannibal directive kill squads until she healed up

Comrade Koba
Jul 2, 2007

if i had gone awol and got found out i would absolutely tell my commander how i was snatched by evil hamas fighters but bravely fought to free myself and dutifully return to my unit

tristeham
Jul 31, 2022

Al-Saqr posted:

to quote the the smartest and least pedophilic frenchman, michel focault:-

"Le Gaza is Le Prison"

30.5 Days
Nov 19, 2006
it would be really pretty funny if the IDF was really slow-rolling deaths and captures in order to downplay how badly things are going only to get embarrassed when they inadvertently rescue somebody

tristeham
Jul 31, 2022

Frosted Flake posted:

I'm screaming inside.

Naveh, a retired Brigadier-General, directs the Operational Theory Research Institute, which trains staff officers from the IDF and other militaries in 'operational theory' - defined in military jargon as somewhere between strategy and tactics. He summed up the mission of his institute, which was founded in 1996: 'We are like the Jesuit Order. We attempt to teach and train soldiers to think. [...] We read Christopher Alexander, can you imagine?; we read John Forester, and other architects. We are reading Gregory Bateson; we are reading Clifford Geertz. Not myself, but our soldiers, our generals are reflecting on these kinds of materials. We have established a school and developed a curriculum that trains "operational architects".'4 In a lecture Naveh showed a diagram resembling a 'square of opposition' that plots a set of logical relationships between certain propositions referring to military and guerrilla operations. Labelled with phrases such as 'Difference and Repetition - The Dialectics of Structuring and Structure', 'Formless Rival Entities', 'Fractal Manoeuvre', 'Velocity vs. Rhythms', 'The Wahabi War Machine', 'Postmodern Anarchists' and 'Nomadic Terrorists', they often reference the work of Deleuze and Guattari. War machines, according to the philosophers, are polymorphous; diffuse organizations characterized by their capacity for metamorphosis, made up of small groups that split up or merge with one another, depending on contingency and circumstances. (Deleuze and Guattari were aware that the state can willingly transform itself into a war machine. Similarly, in their discussion of 'smooth space' it is implied that this conception may lead to domination.)

I asked Naveh why Deleuze and Guattari were so popular with the Israeli military. He replied that 'several of the concepts in A Thousand Plateaux became instrumental for us [...] allowing us to explain contemporary situations in a way that we could not have otherwise. It problematized our own paradigms. Most important was the distinction they have pointed out between the concepts of "smooth" and "striated" space [which accordingly reflect] the organizational concepts of the "war machine" and the "state apparatus". In the IDF we now often use the term "to smooth out space" when we want to refer to operation in a space as if it had no borders. [...] Palestinian areas could indeed be thought of as "striated" in the sense that they are enclosed by fences, walls, ditches, roads blocks and so on.'5 When I asked him if moving through walls was part of it, he explained that, 'In Nablus the IDF understood urban fighting as a spatial problem. [...] Travelling through walls is a simple mechanical solution that connects theory and practice.'6

god loving dammit

Al! posted:

you see a palestinian child can be thought of as a body without organs, and the bullets as rhizomes;

tristeham
Jul 31, 2022
tbf to deleuze he was thoroughly pro-palestinian

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

More Common Hamas W's

Al-Qassam Brigades: We destroyed an Israeli vehicle east of Erez (as in behind enemy lines) with an explosive device and two Al-Yassin 105 missiles

https://x.com/alarabytv/status/1719253674818416901?s=46&t=kY7HKwmb1RBg9U186lxtbg

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer

WhiskeyWhiskers posted:

It shouldn't be surprising, but why the gently caress would you call one of your armoured vehicles the same thing the Nazis did? Even the West Germans were at least a little coy by choosing a different big cat.

Don't look up what Germany nicknamed their potential new tank the kf51

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

"هذا ليس عادلاً."
"كان هناك وقت الآن."

Regarde Aduck posted:

Don't look up what Germany nicknamed their potential new tank the kf51

lmfao at Rheinmetal's English wiki page going from 1933 straight to 1999

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
Chapter 6 of "Armies of Sand"

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

WhiskeyWhiskers posted:

lmfao at Rheinmetal's English wiki page going from 1933 straight to 1999

If only those records in that one filing cabinet weren't lost in a convenient flood one summer afternoon. Ah well, we shall never know what transpired in the between years.

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

lol the houthis managed to get a drone within eyesight of Eilat!

https://x.com/ajabreaking/status/1719256009275809834?s=46&t=kY7HKwmb1RBg9U186lxtbg

slowly slowly the mountain villiagers of yemen are getting closer to the fight what a world

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

https://x.com/missfalasteenia/status/1719103800152150518?s=46&t=kY7HKwmb1RBg9U186lxtbg

Burn Zone
May 22, 2004

Koos Group posted:

If by Biden you mean the Biden administration, that's not entirely true, though I can't say any more on the subject.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

gently caress off lmao

Zadok Allen
Oct 9, 2023

https://x.com/HarrisonHSmith/status/1719182148626722993?s=20

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

VROOM VROOM
Jun 8, 2005

Al-Saqr posted:

Are you sure Hamas did that or did the tanks all botch a Stunt Jump and land upside down and catch fire and explode

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ohtori Akio
Jul 15, 2022

this is not true, though one child's death is an outrage