Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Should I step down as head of twitter
This poll is closed.
Yes 420 4.43%
No 69 0.73%
Goku 9001 94.85%
Total: 9490 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Ubersandwich
Jun 1, 2003

kazil posted:

all this is in response to a post calling out people saying "hitler was right"

Oh yes. Thank you. I'm sad but not shocked his amplifying straight-up KKK hood on "stats" and graphs that say "the blacks are coming for our white women" seemed not to cause too much of a fuss.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mannerup
Jan 11, 2004

♬ I Know You're Dying Trying To Figure Me Out♬

♬My Name's On The Tip Of Your Tongue Keep Running Your Mouth♬

♬You Want The Recipe But Can't Handle My Sound My Sound My Sound♬

♬No Matter What You Do Im Gonna Get It Without Ya♬

♬ I Know You Ain't Used To A Female Alpha♬
really surprised Elon hasn't quoted or said "Anti-Racist Is a Code for Anti-White" or "Diversity = White Genocide" yet, but ill give him some time to get there

FurtherReading
Sep 4, 2007

The other day I was confused at how Elon wasn't getting repercussions for this outburst, but seems I was just impatient. This is like phase 1 of what happened to the web summit guy.

Has anyone calculated the lost advertising revenue from these companies leaving? Given that people seem to complain so much about weird scam ads and there were reports of companies like Visa only spending $100 it's hard to judge how badly this hurts his bottom line.

MunchE
Sep 7, 2000

Ubersandwich posted:

Oh yes. Thank you. I'm sad but not shocked his amplifying straight-up KKK hood on "stats" and graphs that say "the blacks are coming for our white women" seemed not to cause too much of a fuss.

cynical take: Because of the whole Isreal/Palestine thing, stories about anti semitism are topical so now the news feels like they can get clicks reporting on Elon's latest racist tirade.

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

ghastly posted:

My model 3 literally doesn't brake right sometimes, and forces braking when it's not supposed to. Hopefully my 2024 won't have these problems

lmao

Hardcastlemccormik
Jul 19, 2022

mannerup posted:

really surprised Elon hasn't quoted or said "Anti-Racist Is a Code for Anti-White" or "Diversity = White Genocide" yet, but ill give him some time to get there

All of the advertisers are bailing from Twitter late on a Friday just in case he says something even worse like those over the Thanksgiving week vacation they’ve got lined up, and they don’t want to have to carry their work laptops with them.

Parkingtigers
Feb 23, 2008
TARGET CONSUMER
LOVES EVERY FUCKING GAME EVER MADE. EVER.
https://twitter.com/Britney_Remixes/status/1659389159969095680?s=20

I regret to inform you, that the last good thing on Twitter has died. The 2002 blockbuster cinematic classic Crossroads, starring our lord and saviour Britney Spears, is no longer available.

TotalLossBrain
Oct 20, 2010

Hier graben!
So how long until everyone loses interest and all those big companies quietly resume advertising on that hell site.

Because IMHO this is what will happen, like several times previously

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

TotalLossBrain posted:

So how long until everyone loses interest and all those big companies quietly resume advertising on that hell site.

~30 days as long as he shuts the gently caress up immediately

Szechwan
Jun 10, 2023

TotalLossBrain posted:

Probably not too long. This whole forum spends half their time talking about how abhorrent an individual Elon is and screaming about companies advertising, yet it's clear they're still on Twitter for 2 hours a day scrolling through all the bullshit.

If Elons biggest haters can't even bring themselves to cut their addiction I doubt average Joe will.

Hardcastlemccormik
Jul 19, 2022
I suspect that the ad spend for a lot of these companies was already so low and inconsequential on Twitter that they’ll likely just not bother coming back.

The only thing they’d fear is an anti-woke backlash like what happened to Budweiser, but too many companies have bailed at this point for something like that to seriously land.

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

TotalLossBrain posted:

If he was doing this in September I'd say you might be right. Just not the same after Oct 7.

TotalLossBrain
Oct 20, 2010

Hier graben!
That's admittedly true

Talorat
Sep 18, 2007

Hahaha! Aw come on, I can't tell you everything right away! That would make for a boring story, don't you think?
bsky-social-2m3rg-ov2w2

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

launch is scheduled tomorrow (Saturday) at 8am eastern btw

R.L. Stine
Oct 19, 2007

welcome to dead gay dog house

Parkingtigers posted:

https://twitter.com/Britney_Remixes/status/1659389159969095680?s=20

I regret to inform you, that the last good thing on Twitter has died. The 2002 blockbuster cinematic classic Crossroads, starring our lord and saviour Britney Spears, is no longer available.

idk if most people are gonna get this but this is really funny since uhh yeah dude just had their 1000th episode

mannerup
Jan 11, 2004

♬ I Know You're Dying Trying To Figure Me Out♬

♬My Name's On The Tip Of Your Tongue Keep Running Your Mouth♬

♬You Want The Recipe But Can't Handle My Sound My Sound My Sound♬

♬No Matter What You Do Im Gonna Get It Without Ya♬

♬ I Know You Ain't Used To A Female Alpha♬

Hardcastlemccormik posted:

The only thing they’d fear is an anti-woke backlash like what happened to Budweiser, but too many companies have bailed at this point for something like that to seriously land.
the bud light thing spooked them because it got constant airplay on Fox News 24/7, I don't think this will get the same treatment

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

kazil posted:

I hope it goes sideways and hits someone (could be elon) in the penis and balls

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

Don't forget Hitler's contributions to medicine.
https://twitter.com/sparrowmedia/status/1725685098589098275

Yeah, it's hard to imagine any major advertisers being able to stick around at this point.

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Three Olives posted:

Yeah, it's hard to imagine any major advertisers being able to stick around at this point.

came to post

lol Linda couldn't even keep NBC

Diabetic
Sep 29, 2006

When the mob and the press and the whole world tell you to move, your job is to plant yourself like a tree beside the river of truth, and tell the whole world Diabeetus.

Three Olives posted:

I've listened to a lot of podcasts about true crime, the killer is rarely ever caught for murder, it's almost always something to do with money. All this is to say, good, gently caress him. It's not going to ruin him but maybe it'll shut him up.

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

Three Olives posted:

This has been said before, but I guess we'll find out.

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

kazil posted:

did the people at tesla and spacex trick musk into buying twitter so he would leave them alone?

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc
sorry but the pause thing implies they're gonna be back as soon as musk says hes sorry or whatever. nothing matters except supporting Palestine

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Sir Tonk posted:

did the people at tesla and spacex trick musk into buying twitter so he would leave them alone?

starship is his pet project at spacex

Parkingtigers
Feb 23, 2008
TARGET CONSUMER
LOVES EVERY FUCKING GAME EVER MADE. EVER.
This is good, there's enough big name advertisers pulling out that it's reaching a point where big companies will have to start explaining why they aren't pulling out too. The story is hitting enough critical mass that this time it's going to be hard for them to claim they've not seen anything and they are merely innocent megacorps advertising on all the popular platforms. Nah, they're all getting dragged into the spotlight and being forced to actually do something for once.

I can smell blood in the water and I'm ready for the inevitable ket rampage Musk will go on. He's usually at his muskiest on Saturday nights, so fun times ahead.

edit: gently caress, I forgot his next scheduled firework display is coming up in the next few hours too. Oh he is *definitely* going to be providing prime lols this weekend.

Steadiman
Jan 31, 2006

Hey...what kind of party is this? there's no booze and only one hooker!

silly sevens

kazil posted:

came to post

lol Linda couldn't even keep NBC

But she made an entire vague tweet, with a great selection of the finest corporate platitudes focus testing can buy, saying hate has no place on Twitter. what more could they possibly expect her to do about this problem? She’s just a smol CEO

#hotdog

kru
Oct 5, 2003

Sorry about all the hate on the platform but has anyone considered #sports?

Please. I beg you. It's all I have.

Please.

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

https://twitter.com/GoAngelo/status/1725606073619407331?s=20

https://twitter.com/GoAngelo/status/1725606076769251718?s=20

Please apple pull the Twitter app

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

ghastly posted:

It really doesn't surprise me that there are more "temporary" stoppages. They've got some serious issues to fix. My model 3 literally doesn't brake right sometimes, and forces braking when it's not supposed to. Hopefully my 2024 won't have these problems but I'm not holding my breath for the Emerald Nazi to do anything right.

Yes the wisest thing to do with money wasted on a dangerous and faulty product is to run right out and buy the newest and hottest model of the dangerous and faulty product

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

Parkingtigers posted:

edit: gently caress, I forgot his next scheduled firework display is coming up in the next few hours too. Oh he is *definitely* going to be providing prime lols this weekend.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UcTmBfA7Qik

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

rotinaj posted:

Yes the wisest thing to do with money wasted on a dangerous and faulty product is to run right out and buy the newest and hottest model of the dangerous and faulty product

"forces braking when it's not supposed to" is a top 1 list of things a car should never do while actively operating

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

MrQwerty posted:

"forces braking when it's not supposed to" is a top 1 list of things a car should never do while actively operating

Look if your car doesn’t try to kill you once in a while, you’ll lose your edge

It’s actually smarter to have your primary vehicle cycle randomly through braking when you aren’t hitting the brake, accelerating when you aren’t hitting the gas, and having your hood open at highway speeds and flip all the way open

That way you’ll have to always keep your head on a swivel, stay sharp

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

brakes are DLC

kru
Oct 5, 2003

rotinaj posted:

Look if your car doesn’t try to kill you once in a while, you’ll lose your edge

It’s actually smarter to have your primary vehicle cycle randomly through braking when you aren’t hitting the brake, accelerating when you aren’t hitting the gas, and having your hood open at highway speeds and flip all the way open

That way you’ll have to always keep your head on a swivel, stay sharp

If anything, will sharpen up the synapses for some #sports

Kit Walker
Jul 10, 2010
"The Man Who Cannot Deadlift"

Sir Tonk posted:

sorry but the pause thing implies they're gonna be back as soon as musk says hes sorry or whatever. nothing matters except supporting Palestine

Yeah, "pause" is a really strange choice of words and it's funny that they're going with that. It implies by default that they'll continue eventually

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

https://twitter.com/soncharm/status/1725283749468807410

https://twitter.com/soncharm/status/1725283751561662771

https://twitter.com/soncharm/status/1725283753449107804

https://twitter.com/soncharm/status/1725283755386949647

https://twitter.com/soncharm/status/1725283757291188323

https://twitter.com/soncharm/status/1725481416350122105

https://twitter.com/soncharm/status/1725481757720347056

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

Three Olives posted:

Some dude missing the point of art

Your new pal sucks but who is he

Is he someone at all famous or is he a random anon

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

mannerup posted:

really surprised Elon hasn't quoted or said "Anti-Racist Is a Code for Anti-White"

that was basically the gist of one of the screeds that he signal amplified yesterday

"whites are the only people who have to hate themselves..." that one

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray

Three Olives posted:

And yet all the mainstream "luxury" car brands seem do be doing extremely well selling high deprecation new cars and certified pre-owner cars that are loving everywhere and have all invested heavily into EVs.

Apple wouldn't exist if this was a major market problem.

edit: I am imagining you existing in a world screaming at someone with a brand new Lexus "Don't you know that that is just a overpriced Toyota, you stupid loving moron!"

This doesn't actually address anything I said. The vast majority of cars in the road are ICE. That's not going to change anytime soon. Carmakers have invested into EVs primarily because the law requires them to in terms of emissions, and because they are massively subsidized. The idea that GM or Honda or Toyota will sell primarily EVs within a year or two, or that EVs will outnumber gas vehicles on the road within that time span, is ludicrous. You are wrong and you don't understand how the car industry works. Nothing happens in one or two years because it takes longer than that just to design a model and start producing it in numbers.

Your characterization of me is pretty hilarious as well. I suppose your normal response to actual reality is to call those who disagree with you poor, but you should work on that. I said in my post that I used to own an EV, and currently I own an Acura. Maybe it is just a fancy Honda, of course it is, but obviously that's fine because it has the features I need. Plus, I like Hondas and Toyotas.

I know people who drive Jaguars and Bentleys and even Lamborghinis. But I know a whole lot more people who drive absolutely normal cars, and wouldn't spend forty grand on a vehicle, much less 80. They generally buy used, and that means ICE.

Apple is completely different, even relatively low earners can afford to spend a thousand dollars on something like a phone. Buying a car is a completely different proposal, literally 40 times more expensive in your cheapest example.

Go look at how much the average person makes in this country. It's about 60 grand, but obviously most of that is spoken for: rent, groceries, health care, clothes, etc.

Anyways I've comprehensively demonstrated how wrong you are so I guess I will stop there.