Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

projecthalaxy posted:

Becoming a 2017 "once Papa H takes the reins it'll all be great" guy but for bryan danielson

danielson is directly responsible for the company's creative cratering :( sad but true

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

yea ok posted:

danielson is directly responsible for the company's creative cratering :( sad but true

o no

neoaxd
Nov 13, 2004

projecthalaxy posted:

Becoming a 2017 "once Papa H takes the reins it'll all be great" guy but for bryan danielson

stephanie is divorcing danielson???

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 8 days!

Gumball Gumption posted:

Everything Fez said is wrong but it is cringe if the money comment made you feel anything inside.

Personally I don't think it's a good look for the owner of a company to tell his dissatisfied customers to put their money where their loving mouth is, but that's just me

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Disagree I sincerely think more companies should be openly telling their customers and prospective customers to go gently caress themselves sometimes

At least it’s honest

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
how much money have you given AEW this year

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

More than I should have

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

History Comes Inside! posted:

Disagree I sincerely think more companies should be openly telling their customers and prospective customers to go gently caress themselves sometimes

At least it’s honest

Can I interest you in a Comcast plan?

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

smarxist posted:

309.11 to BR Live, 109.98 to Honor Club, $40 in paypal to a friend for the Fite feed,

459.09 gross, IDK what Tony's net is.

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

projecthalaxy posted:

309.11 to BR Live, 109.98 to Honor Club, $40 in paypal to a friend for the Fite feed,

459.09 gross, IDK what Tony's net is.

that would buy a pretty nice fancy meal + drinks at a high end restaurant tbqh

i can see some buyer's remorse when told you should have instead put it where your mouth was

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Gumball Gumption posted:

Everything Fez said is wrong but it is cringe if the money comment made you feel anything inside.

I don't care. I've bought every single show the man has promoted, I've bought a ticket every time he's come to my state, I pretty much only pay for cable to watch his TV shows, I've been "putting my money where my mouth is" for four years and I've been putting a a lot of it where my mouth is. Hearing him say that really upset me, I don't care if that's cringe.

smarxist posted:

Like 20 bucks on Honor Club, 300 on tickets to Dynamite and Collision and, uh, whatever every AEW and ROH PPV put together cost. I assume it's a lot.

Oh yeah and like 60 bucks on the Punk Trans Shirt and another Punk shirt and they both arrived THE DAY HE WAS FIRED. :laffo:

MJeff fucked around with this message at 16:16 on Nov 22, 2023

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 8 days!

At least it’s honest

That only really works if you're in a field where there aren't any alternatives for your customers, so they have to like the turds you deign to throw their way. Like WWE during most of the last 25 years, for example

Also I do find it amusing that Vince and co. have in the past cut promos mocking their rabidly loyal fans for basically being dumb enough to like their product, while Tony Khan goes off on the previously loyal fans for being smart enough to not like his current product

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

smarxist posted:

Four hundo euro

Happiness
Oct 10, 2004

when ratings and attendance are both down year over year it seems like many people already put their money where their mouth was

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Oh yeah, live events. I haven't gotten to one this year but between Battle of the Belts and Final Battle last year and the 6 hour one way drive and hotels for specifically those i was probably closer to a grand last year despite two fewer ppvs.

Where's the bracket, tk

E:

They're getting completely valid dunks in, TK

projecthalaxy fucked around with this message at 16:21 on Nov 22, 2023

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
i'm honestly vibrating with excitement for bracket discourse

guaranteed to infuriate at least 30% of the fanbase for some stupid reason or another

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

I'm not pre-mad about the competitors but I'm thinking about getting there just for fun

dromal phrenia
Feb 22, 2004

I'm mostly just confused about how fans could put their money where their mouth is for a free weekly show. This isn't a PPV!

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

A fun financial fact (FFF): setting aside cable tv because its variable and also a wash between the two companies, a Peacock Premium scrip is the same cost as an HonorClub scrip. Any additional chunks of $60 that TK squeezes out of you is an extra half year of membership in a sensible company, and that number of squeezes continues to grow.

E: also in terms of value adds, peacock gets you the wwe archive, honorclub gets you the roh archive, and brlive gets you an injury angle on the preshow and tk taunting you to spend more.

projecthalaxy fucked around with this message at 16:34 on Nov 22, 2023

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 8 days!

projecthalaxy posted:

Oh yeah, live events. I haven't gotten to one this year but between Battle of the Belts and Final Battle last year and the 6 hour one way drive and hotels for specifically those i was probably closer to a grand last year despite two fewer ppvs.

Where's the bracket, tk

E:

They're getting completely valid dunks in, TK

Meanwhile TK's going to take a page out of Stalin's book and start purging insufficiently loyal fans from the AEW fanbase

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

dromal phrenia posted:

I'm mostly just confused about how fans could put their money where their mouth is for a free weekly show. This isn't a PPV!

Tony Khan standee repeatedly exclaiming "Buy my booking!"

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

https://twitter.com/DrainBamager/status/1727335122733879385

One more mouth for Tony's money

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 8 days!
With my mouth on my money and my money on my mouth

neoaxd
Nov 13, 2004

Sydney Bottocks posted:

Meanwhile TK's going to take a page out of Stalin's book and start purging insufficiently loyal fans from the AEW fanbase

Good!

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

MJeff posted:

At best, it's a haphazard attempt at placation, in which case....cool? I get to watch Bryan vs. Eddie and Bryan vs. Andrade at least (two matches that I've already seen with clean finishes, but whatever) and then what? I got four weeks of actual pro wrestling on this pro wrestling show, so I should shut up until next November? At worst, it's a situation where they promoted it like poo poo on purpose, so when nobody watches it, they can go "oh, well, we tried, nobody cared, more kangaroo kicks it is!"

Yeah I wasn't joking or making poo poo up when I said this tournament is a cudgel even if it's not being promoted like poo poo on purpose the end result is the same.

And there's nothing cringe about being irked when you're told to go gently caress yourself when you've been on board since day one

Barry Bluejeans
Feb 2, 2017

ATTENTHUN THITIZENTH

twenty-five dollars holy lol

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Not gonna pay for that unless they announce a bunch more wrestlers

apophenium
Apr 14, 2009

Cry 'Mayhem!' and let slip the dogs of Wardlow.

Not gonna pay for that

Same

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:

smarxist posted:

0. hard times daddeh

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

You know what? I am also annoyed at Tony's put your money where your mouth is comment. I've been on board since day one, I've bought every ppv I bought the game. I think that entitles me and others to complaints. And god knows my complaints are rare and I give AEW the benefit of the doubt. But it's a real loving bad look for a billionaire to tell people to put their money where their mouth is. gently caress you Tony on this one.

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

If Tony Khan wants to get more money out of me he’s going to need to add a Rant Room

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 8 days!
Took him about 4 years, but TK finally proved the ABAB* rule

(*All Billionaires Are Bad)

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

JUNGLE BOY posted:

If Tony Khan wants to get more money out of me he’s going to need to add a Rant Room

he could add a link to this friggin thread in his game!!!

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 8 days!
Company's struggling to sell tickets, WWE's eating their lunch in the ratings, they wasted a bunch of money on a videogame nobody's playing, WWE signed away AEW's hottest up-and-comer (and also Jade Cargill), fans aren't into the "WWE Lite" booking he's doing...at this point TK better just hope Mercedes Mone hasn't started taking calls/texts from Stamford again

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

As long as the papes stay good, I’ll keep watching Tony khans Fed

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

DIRECTIVE 236: Promote pro-social values
24 dollars to add an arcade mode to a video game holy moly

apophenium
Apr 14, 2009

Cry 'Mayhem!' and let slip the dogs of Wardlow.
You're always entitled to complain, just ask my wife !!! :dadjoke:

What are y'all haters gonna do during Dynamite tonite? Despite having serious misgivings with the main title scene in particular and being wary of the Continental Classic, I'll still be watching Tony Khan's wrestling fantasy. Though I might be playing Diablo 4 on my PlayStation Portal instead of paying full attention

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

I’ll be asleep op. Like a certain famous poster here

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

oh I'll still be watching. But it certainly isn't the perfect little baby anymore. Also lol at paying more money for another season of that game. I think I'll pass on that one. I'm looking forward to more good wrestling and papes. Hopefully the main event scene gets better soon