Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*

Ardennes posted:

Some odd things are happening in Eastern Europe as well, Slovakia and Poland in particular seem to swinging around to a more neutral position (Slovakia, if anything may be slightly pro-Russian at this point). The Ireland has also been less poisonous than other Europeans as well (weird there was a far-right promoted race riot that occured out of nowhere).

https://twitter.com/djuric_zlatko/status/1720527782562680961?s=20

edit:

this thread moves too fast, does anyone have that link/extract/whatever about zionism's lovely attitude and policies against holocaust survivors and ashkenazi?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

Insanite posted:

lol the (American) company treat I work for has a pretty decent Israeli presence and they’ve been soliciting folks to use PTO to pick crops in Israeli fields to support the war effort

Pam and Jim must come up with ever more elaborate excuses to beg off using their pto to help Dwight harvest beets from his kibbutz in the gaza envelope.

Meanwhile Micheal and Toby team up on a solution to the Palestinian question and call a meeting to present it, much to the chagrin of everyone in The Office.

Morbus
May 18, 2004

Al-Saqr posted:

can someone explain to me why spain and belgium of all european countries are being surprisingly decent about this? especially the spanish theyve been remarkably great

This deserves a longer post, but the main reason is Franco, and the way fascist Spain's history from WW2 to its ultimate transition to democracy is just very different than what happened in most of the other western European powers, both internally and with respect to NATO, inter-European relations, anticommunism, and the US.

BearsBearsBears
Aug 4, 2022
Has there been any update on those banana rolls from earlier in the thread? I assumed they would have been served over Thanksgiving.

BearsBearsBears has issued a correction as of 06:40 on Nov 25, 2023

Speleothing
May 6, 2008

Spare batteries are pretty key.

Maya Fey posted:

imagine being the child/grandchild of one of the elderly israeli hostages and having to deal with "at least the Hamas boys were nice to me..." complaints for the next 10 years

:eyepop:

Fat-Lip-Sum-41.mp3
Nov 15, 2003

crepeface posted:

"this hummus sucks!"

Times of Israel: Freed hostage says Hamas sucks!

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009
In three days the war will begin again if the IDF don’t break the temporary ceasefire before then. This sucks, this loving sucks. I hate the IDF and want them all to choke on a non-kosher gluten filled meal filled with fish bones.

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.
This is Fatima Amarneh, the woman who was brutally assaulted by Zionist soldiers about two and a half months ago near the blessed Al-Aqsa Mosque. The scene of her assault was very provocative. Today she is free in the arms of her family after the Mujahideen of the Qassam Brigades liberated her from the Israeli occupation prisons.

https://twitter.com/rdooan/status/1728192779589922972?s=46&t=kY7HKwmb1RBg9U186lxtbg

PawParole
Nov 16, 2019

https://twitter.com/DaliaHatuqa/status/1728045720790278590

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?

FlapYoJacks posted:

If your country is the one arresting children, they are not the good guys.
If your country is bulldozing olive trees, they are not the good guys.
If your country has laws for one race and laws for a different race, they are not the good guys.
If your country is Israel, they are not the good guys.
If your country is from the west, they are not the good guys.

PawParole
Nov 16, 2019

Zionists went and built a country made out of the purest condensed evil parts of America.

Honky Mao
Dec 26, 2012

Israel absolutely reeks of doomed colonial ethnostate these days. Lmao

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008

lmao

:whitewater:

dads friend steve
Dec 24, 2004

Insanite posted:

lol the (American) company that I work for has a pretty decent Israeli presence and they’ve been soliciting folks to use PTO to pick crops in Israeli fields to support the war effort

lol what? they offering to foot the air fare at least?

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008

Insanite posted:

lol the (American) company that I work for has a pretty decent Israeli presence and they’ve been soliciting folks to use PTO to pick crops in Israeli fields to support the war effort

CEO mindset (the people who proposed the idea. the people who take it up are idiot rubes getting their pockets picked)

Dr. Jerrold Coe
Feb 6, 2021

Is it me?

crepeface posted:

this thread moves too fast, does anyone have that link/extract/whatever about zionism's lovely attitude and policies against holocaust survivors and ashkenazi?

Dr. Jerrold Coe posted:

Check out what Zionists thought of Holocaust survivors ...

https://www.jta.org/archive/behind-the-headlines-holocaust-restitution-deals-fail-to-engross-israeli-public-2

“Israeli survivors did not want to have anything to do with these issues,” he says. “They wanted to close the book on the Holocaust.”

Sanbar traces this attitude to survivors’ experiences just after their liberation from the death camps and arrival in the nascent Jewish state.

“They called us the sabonim,” he says — using Hebrew slang for “cowards.”

But it also sounds like the Hebrew word “sabon,” or soap, which survivors perceived as a reference to the soap the Nazis made from Jewish corpses.

With some justice, survivors arriving in Israel felt stigmatized. Israelis were creating a “new Jew,” symbolized by the suntanned kibbutznik working the fields or the fearless underground fighter.

They looked down on the passivity of European Jews, who they felt went like sheep to the slaughter.

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009
Are the IDF aware at how bad of a look it is from a PR standpoint that all of the hostages are women and loving children? This is a monumental PR win for Palestine and Hamas.

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009
https://twitter.com/muhammadshehad2/status/1728173023239471215

Death to Israel.

punishedkissinger
Sep 20, 2017

dads friend steve posted:

i think this would make for a pretty expensive harvest

Bastard Tetris
Apr 27, 2005

L-Shaped

Nap Ghost

FlapYoJacks posted:

Are the IDF aware at how bad of a look it is from a PR standpoint that all of the hostages are women and loving children? This is a monumental PR win for Palestine and Hamas.

And they’re on year 7 of a 10 year military court sentence for throwing a rock at a tank

PawParole
Nov 16, 2019

https://twitter.com/habibahamid/status/1727859878423617711

PawParole
Nov 16, 2019

Has dead bodies, edited

PawParole has issued a correction as of 06:11 on Nov 25, 2023

dads friend steve
Dec 24, 2004

Lord of Pie
Mar 2, 2007

Honky Mao posted:

Israel is Rhodesia 2

Lin-Manuel Turtle
Jul 12, 2023

galagazombie posted:

I’m well aware of that and that’s not what I was arguing against. It’s that she kept calling various things “Euro-Centric” when it’s like, has she read Chinese history? It’s nothing but the settled agricultural people calling the pastoral people savages from the Bronze Age to the Qing. Half the things she lists aren’t even unique to settler-colonialism (though they do get used by it as you pointed out with the puritans, because people conquering other people tend to use similar justifications regardless of whether it’s settler-colonialism or not). She just seemed uncomfortably close to saying “Noble Savage” to me is all.

It says “white settler colonialists use these arguments” not “only white settler colonialists use these arguments, and I am going to assert the only people in history who were ever racist have been white people, I sure hope the forum’s dumbest poster galagazlomboie doesn’t catch my reverse racism whitewashing the crimes of the Shang dynasty”

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

galagazombie posted:

I’m well aware of that and that’s not what I was arguing against. It’s that she kept calling various things “Euro-Centric” when it’s like, has she read Chinese history? It’s nothing but the settled agricultural people calling the pastoral people savages from the Bronze Age to the Qing. Half the things she lists aren’t even unique to settler-colonialism (though they do get used by it as you pointed out with the puritans, because people conquering other people tend to use similar justifications regardless of whether it’s settler-colonialism or not). She just seemed uncomfortably close to saying “Noble Savage” to me is all.

stfu

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.
https://twitter.com/balescherry/status/1728069158279999718?s=46&t=kY7HKwmb1RBg9U186lxtbg

carcinofuck
Apr 18, 2001
pink floyd still sucks

Al-Saqr posted:

This is Fatima Amarneh, the woman who was brutally assaulted by Zionist soldiers about two and a half months ago near the blessed Al-Aqsa Mosque. The scene of her assault was very provocative. Today she is free in the arms of her family after the Mujahideen of the Qassam Brigades liberated her from the Israeli occupation prisons.

https://twitter.com/rdooan/status/1728192779589922972?s=46&t=kY7HKwmb1RBg9U186lxtbg

I don't speak Arabic but I think the father is asked to say something and he uses the same words of respect/affection towards his daughter that the Prophet used in relation to his own daughter - umm e abiha - literally [she is] 'the mother of her father'. Then I think he says 'and the mother of her mother' [too].

Yes?

Insanite
Aug 30, 2005

lol no

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008

ceo mindset

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G9Pq95GVtXg

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

cnn managed to find out the status of one person who was released:

quote:

Filipino national released by Hamas doing “better than expected,” says family of employer

One of the hostages released by Hamas on Friday, a Filipino national who had been working as a caregiver in Israel, is doing “better than expected,” according to the son of the man he was caring for during the October 7 attacks.

Avishay Ben Zvi’s father, Amitai, was killed in the Hamas attack on his kibbutz while his caregiver Gelienor “Jimmy” Pacheco was taken hostage.

Speaking to CNN’s Kaitlan Collins, Zvi said his brother had spoken to Pacheco and that he was OK.

“He was talking to his wife tonight and so better than expected, I would say,” said Zvi, referring to photos of Pacheco FaceTiming with his wife in the Philippines.

“They're going to do some medical tests and emotional tests and treatment but yes, most likely he will go to meet his family,” Zvi said.

“It actually came as a surprise, because we knew that there were 13 being released, but they were all Israelis with the Israeli ID. We knew that there was some guys from Thailand. We saw his picture in the videos this morning and then among the brothers we talked about it, we verified with his wife later. So, we were very, very happy obviously to see him but it was a surprise to us. We didn't know.”

eta cnn blurb on relief trucks:

quote:

Rashwan also said increased deliveries of medical supplies, food and fuel to Gaza residents was another factor that would help maintain the truce.

Earlier on Friday, the United Nations said 137 trucks of humanitarian aid were driven into the enclave. The relief convoy marked the largest delivery of aid since Israel enforced a total blockade of Gaza following the October 7 Hamas attack.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
I wouldn't be surprised if not all of the Israeli hostages return from being effectively black-bagged. There's probably going to be at least one social media confession of being more terrified straight after being released from Hamas custody than they ever were during it.

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

lol, yeah I'm sure...

quote:

Eyal Mor, whose family members were among those hostages released by Hamas on Friday, said he has “mixed emotions” about the complicated homecoming.

The family – Ohad Munder, who turned 9 while in captivity, his mother, Keren Munder, 54, and grandmother, Ruth Munder, 78 — are in good shape “both physically and mentally.” But, added later: “Of course, we have to see, this is all initial reports.”

“The psychologist says it has to be very slowly, very progressive. The come back to normality has to be very controlled way so we will follow that advice,” Mor told CNN.

VomitOnLino
Jun 13, 2005

Sometimes I get lost.

PawParole posted:

The Tweet posted:

Not enough people seem to catch what happened here:

Israel stole a number of *Palestinian* children’s bodies when they raided Al-Shifa hospital last week.

They then used these bodies to stage a film for private audiences depicting the bodies as *Israeli* children.

Quoting for visibility because HOLY poo poo.. beyond depraved … I have no words

DEATH TO ISRAEL

Original Tweet here, I decided to edit it a bit coz it was still graphic...
https://twitter com/bidetmarxman/status/1728163260954775685

VomitOnLino has issued a correction as of 15:23 on Nov 26, 2023

Orbis Tertius
Feb 13, 2007

Honky Mao posted:

serious snakebit fascist loser vibes

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*

thank.

CheetoVonTito
Nov 11, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 48 hours!)

Lord I hope this isn’t real

https://x.com/palestinenw/status/1728237530812952927?s=46

PawParole
Nov 16, 2019

Thanks for catching that

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*

galagazombie posted:

Is this person seriously arguing that sedentary states looking down on nomadic/pastoralist peoples as barbarians, or the idea of might makes right are “European ideas”? Because I’ve got a World history book to give them.

you're a disingenuous little bitch that constantly constructs a strawman argument that no one is making to "debunk" on the behalf of white supremacist states so ima guess that you're misreading it