Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Unlike the ailing failing AEW :hehe:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

AEW isn't going to die it's just going to AXS to join TNA in the purgatory of existing but never growing

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

GenghisTron posted:

remember when mox had a cool eye patch

how times have changed

remember when he and Santana were like fighting blind lol

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

they said i'm definitely not long for this world.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Cavauro posted:

they said i'm definitely not long for this world.

Ok jase

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

Will Tony Khan fake his death like Jase when things get worse

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

that's a real nickname that my dad calls me too so i was freaked out but i remember who you're talking about now. The boy who never died.

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

neoaxd posted:

Looking back fondly on all his cherished memories at the fed... Punk finally sent himself home. It's poetic really.

If Punk ends up back at the fed any part of any credibility or higher ground on anything he claims to have completely doesn't exist anymore.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Big Coffin Hunter posted:

If Punk ends up back at the fed any part of any credibility or higher ground on anything he claims to have completely doesn't exist anymore.

Punk cannot fail, he can only be failed.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Punk fans deserve their Cody moment

As in they deserve to see him finish the story in WWE

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

Gumball Gumption posted:

If that’s where I gotta see it then so be it. Tony introduced me to Mr. Punk and then took him away via his poor management skills.

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

Sure, WWE made him wrestle with MRSA and almost let him die, fired him on his wedding day, lied to him about giving him the Mania main event, and always went out of their way to directly gently caress him over but that's nothing compared to what the Bucks did and be catty

dromal phrenia
Feb 22, 2004

JUNGLE BOY posted:

cody and punk were both isolated by the bucks. makes you think

Killing. The. Business. :twisted:

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Sure, WWE made him wrestle with MRSA and almost let him die, fired him on his wedding day, lied to him about giving him the Mania main event, and always went out of their way to directly gently caress him over but that's nothing compared to what the Bucks did and be catty

Oh, so now we don't want Punk to move on and stop holding grudges?????? :rolleyes:

Gumball Gumption posted:

MJeff posted:

Me and EMF when the Punk and Code Connection solves racism AND transphobia on the same night by main eventing Wrestlemania*

* Night 1

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

All those people are gone or out of power, Papa H is running the show now. He showed that even when Cody smashed his throne that Forgiveness and Business trumps all.

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

JUNGLE BOY posted:

Anyone who celebrated Punk getting fired was celebrating the beginning of the end for AEW. Personally it brings me no pleasure that AEW is dying, but it is.

I watched my favorite company die when I was a kid so I’m prepared this time. I just hope The Invasion angle is better this time around.

gonna be real disappointed if we are already in the terminal slide and we never even achieved a Judy Bagwell on a pole match or a Real Sting Disguised As Fake Sting Takes His Mask Off To Reveal That He Is Actually Sting or a fingerpoke of doom. Tony better spend this last 6-12 months AEW has overbooking his heart out

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

JUNGLE BOY posted:

All those people are gone or out of power, Papa H is running the show now. He showed that even when Cody smashed his throne that Forgiveness and Business trumps all.

Through Hunter all is possible inshallah

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

MJeff posted:

Oh, so now we don't want Punk to move on and stop holding grudges?????? :rolleyes:

the redneck and gang member fist bumping meme

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

i read report that the end of aew is being tied to the sting retirement angle and will be a 'multiversal event' featuring njpw and aew and even wwe stars. john hausman of haus of wrestling reported yesterday that it will be like the marvel endgame with the big armies charging at each other and that's going to be aew + njpw led by mjf and adam cole versus' cody rhodes wwe army. a big battle royale fought to a standstill with all the big beloved stars and something special for the gals too. hard cut to the main event, its the OG three, kenny omega, jon moxley and sting staring down the big dog roman reigns and his island of relevancy. all seems lost when sting throws the bat to kenny - woah, he is worthy? he hits the juggernaut for the 1. 2. no! its broken up by seth rollins and.... the REAL dean ambrose? the shield is reunited. spear! the big dog stacks them and pins. ding ding ding. aew is over. of course aspects of this could change in the months to come

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

lol

haunted bong
Jun 24, 2007

That DICK! posted:

i read report that the end of aew is being tied to the sting retirement angle and will be a 'multiversal event' featuring njpw and aew and even wwe stars. john hausman of haus of wrestling reported yesterday that it will be like the marvel endgame with the big armies charging at each other and that's going to be aew + njpw led by mjf and adam cole versus' cody rhodes wwe army. a big battle royale fought to a standstill with all the big beloved stars and something special for the gals too. hard cut to the main event, its the OG three, kenny omega, jon moxley and sting staring down the big dog roman reigns and his island of relevancy. all seems lost when sting throws the bat to kenny - woah, he is worthy? he hits the juggernaut for the 1. 2. no! its broken up by seth rollins and.... the REAL dean ambrose? the shield is reunited. spear! the big dog stacks them and pins. ding ding ding. aew is over. of course aspects of this could change in the months to come

i read that too, it was here if anyone is interested

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

That DICK! posted:

If this is true then Tony has lost his drat mind

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

That DICK! posted:

Yes yes that’s all well and good but how do Blue Bowser and Yellow Mario play into it?

neoaxd
Nov 13, 2004

That DICK! posted:

Meltzer just confirmed this on WOR

neoaxd
Nov 13, 2004

NienNunb posted:

Yes yes that’s all well and good but how do Blue Bowser and Yellow Mario play into it?

They don't have plans for 'em but watch out for Green Kane

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

That DICK! posted:

If this is true then all I have to say is Wow

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

JUNGLE BOY posted:

Anyone who celebrated Punk getting fired was celebrating the beginning of the end for AEW. Personally it brings me no pleasure that AEW is dying, but it is.

I watched my favorite company die when I was a kid so I’m prepared this time. I just hope The Invasion angle is better this time around.

punk getting fired wasnt the beginning of the end, punk getting hired was.

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

post hole digger posted:

punk getting fired wasnt the beginning of the end, punk getting hired was.

in short:

Much like we start dying the day we are born maybe

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

Cavauro posted:

i really got scolded a while back for believing tony desperately needs to let someone do some booking. not permanently or anything. they said i was a loving piece of poo poo for thinking like that. they said i'm going to die soon and not to ask how they know.

tony has hitters on these boards

fawning deference
Jul 4, 2018

I hear that Ric Flair is going to wrestle again. To ensure that AEW leverages that huge event to make money, Flair's last match will be on Collision in a 6-man ladder match. It's gonna be Flair / Sting / Darby against Dark Order

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

That DICK! posted:

i didn't read that report but so help me god i will defend anyone who dares challenge you on this

Crapple!
Nov 1, 2019

forkboy84 posted:

Look on the bright side. Now you're all dropping the 18 hours a week of AEW you can make time to watch All Japan Pro Wrestling, the good wrestling company*

Did something similar to this. I ditched Fite a few days so I subscribed to Wrestle Universe. Haven't watched much yet but everyone says it's a good service. Also I'll still definitely buy AEW PPVs. They are undefeated in that area

Trying
Sep 26, 2019

edit: wrong thread. I never liked Stu Grayson

Trying fucked around with this message at 00:41 on Nov 26, 2023

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

Eat My Fuc posted:

TK really thought that his e fedding and action figures would translate to booking wrestling. he’s a money mark running out of ideas but because he was born rich he has zero instincts or self preservation strategies. he will hire a booker or he will choke.

Aye Doc posted:

gonna be real disappointed if we are already in the terminal slide and we never even achieved a Judy Bagwell on a pole match or a Real Sting Disguised As Fake Sting Takes His Mask Off To Reveal That He Is Actually Sting or a fingerpoke of doom. Tony better spend this last 6-12 months AEW has overbooking his heart out

vince russo's time to shine

escape artist
Sep 24, 2005

Slow train coming
so essentially both of the main ROH titles got vacated in a two week span

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

escape artist posted:

so essentially both of the main ROH titles got vacated in a two week span

I think the ROH championship is only vacated if Eddie doesn't win the tournament.

escape artist
Sep 24, 2005

Slow train coming

MJeff posted:

I think the ROH championship is only vacated if Eddie doesn't win the tournament.
Well yeah I am kind of assuming he's not gonna win the thing

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

the killing blow has been dealt

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
This is very funny from a posting perspective but I still don't really give a poo poo about Punk doing anything in WWE unless it's beating Roman, which, lmao.