Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: skooma512)

Glumwheels
Jan 25, 2003

https://twitter.com/BidenHQ

Canned Sunshine posted:

Monk fruit syrup and allulose are big NOs to me, since it makes my IBS flare up like crazy.

Yeah, my local Target has no Archer Farms boxed cereal anymore. The cereal aisle used to have one side as boxed cereals, and the other side had oatmeal, granola, plus other poo poo. They condensed all the cereals, oatmeal’s, granola, etc., into a single side by eliminating all their house brand poo poo pretty much.

Yep, I avoid all sugar alcohols and weird sugar substitutes. If I have soda or something sweet it’s going to be with real cane sugar or nothing at all. No HFCS either.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Euphoriaphone
Aug 10, 2006

I bought a box of Three Wishes cereal from Safeway a few months ago. It's basically the same as Magic Spoon, but feels more like an in-house brand. They use chickpeas as their main ingredient.

I couldn't get through the box. The first few chews of each bite were ok, and tasted like the cocoa flavor that was advertised. But after that the chickpea flavor becomes overwhelming and bizarrely off-putting.

I hate that it's so hard to find ready-to-eat food that doesn't have a metric ton of added sugar and tastes like something humans were actually meant to consume in this loving country

woke operator
Nov 17, 2023

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Mr Hootington posted:

All-items inflation was 19% and wages have increased 20% (data from article for the same time period).

So yes, inflation sucks, and certainly some people are hit harder by it than others. But, overall, wages rose more than inflation.

for whom

shazbot
Sep 20, 2004
Ah, hon, ya got arby's all over my acoustic wave machine.
I understand you spend all your money on rent and feeding yourself but please consider that renting a car and airline travel are actually cheaper

webcams for christ
Nov 2, 2005

https://x.com/staunovo/status/1729177325944848392

https://x.com/bloombergasia/status/1729211192885809244

err
Apr 11, 2005

I carry my own weight no matter how heavy this shit gets...
it owns zirp created a bunch of landlords. people locked in at 2%, basically free money. no incentive to sell. why not move and become a landlord and have a property manager manage the property?

extract rent, pay off the mortgage, get free money per month.

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

RealityWarCriminal posted:

video games, as something that can be copied endlessly with no degradation, should be free or dirt cheap

if we don't have expensive mtx skins/mounts how will other gamers know I'm a premium consumer?

HallelujahLee
May 3, 2009

its pretty funny how they make up entire numbers for inflation and then claim real wages are rising faster than inflation

but thats entirely on point because they want to destroy wages and labor

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

Any day now, like the demise of twitter & the rise in biden's approvals polling.

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

Salt Fish posted:

I had exo bars back when they came out. They tasted distinctly like crickets, which you'll know about if you've ever had a pet that eats them. Crickets have this dirty smell and that is exactly how the bars tasted.

The bars were dense as hell, and dry. You would have to drink a ton of water with them, but they were like eating five clif bars in terms of filling you up. Overall I think its one of the most calorie/fiber/protein dense foods I've ever eaten.

I'd say hmm... 3 out of 5 stars. If they were like .75c per bar I'd still eat them on larger bike rides. At several dollars per they were not worth it.

fyi protein isn't a very useful nutrient for endurance stuff. you want carbs/sugar during the activity and fat/protein afterward for recovery

maybe it works for you and i'm just wrong on the internet though

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb
Well you know when you're on mile 50 of a ride and you pop a handful of bugs into your mouth? Its a lot like that.

Wraith of J.O.I.
Jan 25, 2012

https://twitter.com/JStein_WaPo/status/1729226883957727564

slave to my cravings
Mar 1, 2007

Got my mind on doritos and doritos on my mind.
it’s called statistical analysis

Akratic Method
Mar 9, 2013

It's going to pay off eventually--I'm sure of it.

Any day now.

:burger: burgin, statistically :burger:

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord
lol at giving Nate Silver space after Disney cut him loose from his own number-loving shop

roffles
Dec 25, 2004
soft landing coming but the economy stiil sucking

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Bar Ran Dun
Jan 22, 2006

HallelujahLee posted:

its pretty funny how they make up entire numbers for inflation and then claim real wages are rising faster than inflation

but thats entirely on point because they want to destroy wages and labor

it’s basically the whole bottom half that saw a relative wage increase, but there seems to be a very large variation within that trend.

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug

Twerk from Home posted:

Id settle for not paying sales tax on groceries.

Good states don't tax food (or clothing).

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

Soft landing secure

webcams for christ
Nov 2, 2005

most of the wage gains happened in 2021, and yet food insecurity increased over the same period

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
🤔
Why won't my ideology explain these contradictions!

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Communism defeated once again

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat

strange feelings re Daisy posted:

I switched to steel cut oats for breakfast this year. I buy it in bulk bags.

I make a big batch in my pressure cooker once a week and microwave portions as needed. It's more filling than boxed cereal, better for your teeth, cheaper, a good source of fiber, and just leaves me feeling better. If I want it more flavorful I add vanilla, pieces of fruit, nuts, cinnamon, etc.

scottish oats iz best

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

higher number on this chart means GDP is bigger and banks get more money to then loan money further increasing GDP which means Joe Biden has fixed the economy

stop complaining yall, bigger interest = GDP = good

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat

the burg zone

Retromancer
Aug 21, 2007

Every time I see Goatse, I think of Maureen. That's the last thing I saw. Before I blacked out. The sight of that man's anus.

Monkey Fracas posted:

I'm wondering when this is going to loving die

It's so boring and ugly gently caress

Do you prefer the Applefash look that has been the dominant corporate aesthetic for the past decade and a half? Because this is pretty clearly a response to that.

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Retromancer posted:

Do you prefer the Applefash look that has been the dominant corporate aesthetic for the past decade and a half? Because this is pretty clearly a response to that.

Apple is using the art style on the App Store, it’s definitely a corporate art style I’m seeing more of and it sucks

edit: Ok I was confused and thought Applefash was the art style in question since I saw it on the app store first before I saw it elsewhere.

Corporate Memphis is what I saw on the app store, and now I see it everywhere it is not good.

Nonsense has issued a correction as of 22:41 on Nov 27, 2023

skooma512
Feb 8, 2012

You couldn't grok my race car, but you dug the roadside blur.
What is the Applefash look and is that different from Corporate Memphis style?

Retromancer
Aug 21, 2007

Every time I see Goatse, I think of Maureen. That's the last thing I saw. Before I blacked out. The sight of that man's anus.

skooma512 posted:

What is the Applefash look and is that different from Corporate Memphis style?

They're pretty much diametrically opposed. Corporate Memphis is all about wacky bright colors, asymmetry, and a postmodern aesthetic where Applefash is all about monochrome color palates with very clean lines and a sleek, efficient aesthetic.

Unless
Jul 24, 2005

I art

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UaJQ6jM9mhs

Retromancer
Aug 21, 2007

Applefash:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=elkHuRROPfk

Corporate Memphis:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bkL9eJWQH3Q

Pick your poison.

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer
What if they both suck and I'm in hell

Retromancer
Aug 21, 2007

Monkey Fracas posted:

What if they both suck and I'm in hell

Then you post in the CSPAM doomsday econ thread.

skooma512
Feb 8, 2012

You couldn't grok my race car, but you dug the roadside blur.

Wraith of J.O.I.
Jan 25, 2012

nate dog....... very few people use uber eats/food delivery apps regularly be serious you lazy glutton

Nice and hot piss
Feb 1, 2004

Economy good

Goons wrong again

The status quo

Deadly Ham Sandwich
Aug 19, 2009
Smellrose
All these goons eating oatmeal and making their own meals. How's the guy who orders $2k delivery of Hooters doing? What's his food price inflation like? Does he pick up his own food now?

Nice and hot piss
Feb 1, 2004

Deadly Ham Sandwich posted:

All these goons eating oatmeal and making their own meals. How's the guy who orders $2k delivery of Hooters doing? What's his food price inflation like? Does he pick up his own food now?

He probably has to downgrade and goes to wing shack now

Or Ojos Locos depending on his location

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wraith of J.O.I.
Jan 25, 2012

Deadly Ham Sandwich posted:

the VC app subsidy came to an end and you're laughing??