Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

Classicst3ve posted:

gently caress AEW they deserve to fuxking die and I hope they do soon so I can stop caring about wrestling altogether.

True

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

wrestling kefka

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

classic steve

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

That DICK! posted:

classic steve

Classicst Eve

Numero6
Oct 10, 2012

ここは地の果て 流されて俺
今日もさすらい 涙も涸れる
ブルーゲイル

Tato posted:

The belt issue could be fixed by making Battle of the Belts live up to its namesake. Every wrestler with a title competes, only one champion emerges. Crisis of Infinite Belts
Who would be the wrestler holding another wrestler while crying?

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

That DICK! posted:

wrestling kefka

That drat kefka laugh….

GenghisTron
Dec 5, 2005

i dont live to live homie

Cody is a mad man and I love him for it but that Ogogo feud was so loving awful I couldn't take him seriously after.

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004

GenghisTron posted:

Cody is a mad man and I love him for it but that Ogogo feud was so loving awful I couldn't take him seriously after.

People will say the cape or him going hollywood but Ogogo was the real start of the AEW fanbase souring on Cody

On The Internet
Jun 27, 2023

It would rule if AEW did fold because then I'd be free from watching any wrestling.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

On The Internet posted:

It would rule if AEW did fold because then I'd be free from watching any wrestling.

how many times must we say gently caress off epic rereg guy!!

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

On The Internet posted:

Just watch good wrestling instead

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
all wrestling is bad. more skits imo

On The Internet
Jun 27, 2023

Quantum of Phallus posted:

how many times must we say gently caress off epic rereg guy!!

Hey I'm not rereg guy! I'm new guy that just wanted a name change!

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

oh. welcome

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

[pointing gun] except we didnt tell you what an epic rereg guy was

On The Internet
Jun 27, 2023

Honestly I don't even fuckin know what it is, but it doesn't sound like the thing I'd do!

Look! Here's a cat Pic!

Would a rereg have an adorable cat? I doubt it.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

welcome to hell.... ignore the fuckers.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
dont worry everyone is a rereg

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

That DICK! posted:

[pointing gun] except we didnt tell you what an epic rereg guy was

lol

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

fez_machine posted:

People will say the cape or him going hollywood but Ogogo was the real start of the AEW fanbase souring on Cody

I will die on the hill that it was Malakai Black. It was the second time Cody was dominantly beaten by someone, went on a hiatus to go do some TV thing, came back and got his win back and the second time it started to smell suspicious.

I really believe that the follow up to that match was the beginning of the end for Cody.

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Grody Chodes

TelevisedInsanity
Dec 19, 2008

"You'll never know if you can fly unless you take the risk of falling."
Guys, AEW is nothing like WWE, it doesn't want to insult your intelligence, it doesn't have all these matches for the sake of matches and requires you to watch a 3 hour raws, a 2 hour smackdown and 2 hour nxt.

Anyway, here's a guy screaming about his friend Adam, Nick Wayne's Mom on a Forklift Match, and you need to watch the Continental G1-not-G1 on Collision, a show that's now an empty arenas.

No, the dinosaur is now called Killswitch, that's going to mean something. Also, here's a championship match for the women's title with Lady Frost! You know, Lady Frost! Is she a shock debut? Turns out, she's been there the whole time.

Do you think they need more women's matches? Of course not! We need another battle royale for the sake of battle royales.

I'm very tired, and I don't care if MJF is the champ or not. The booking is tiring, and "The Bucks" have lost their momentum.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
I think the name change was because Luchasaurus is being sued.

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

QT Marshall leaving AEW is a good start

let's keep cleaning house tony

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Is that everything you have?

KungFu Grip posted:

dont worry everyone is a rereg

Speak for yourself. I have never been banned, because I am the Gods' most perfect and faultless angel.

Edit: Also probations don't count as faults.

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

I hear you wish to ball, adventurer..
I think we should all feel great shame for watching professional wrestling which is child's entertainment that we all got into when we were little babies and we now refuse to leave our childhoods behind.

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

Le Saboteur posted:

I think we should all feel great shame for watching professional wrestling which is child's entertainment that we all got into when we were little babies and we now refuse to leave our childhoods behind.

i get this feeling often fr

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!
If you guys don’t like wrestling why watch it. Or is this just bits?

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

Le Saboteur posted:

child's entertainment

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

"if you do not like politics, simply do not participate in them" - the bankers

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

That DICK! posted:

"if you do not like politics, simply do not participate in them" - the bankers

Lol what?

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 5 days!
I started watching wrestling as a small child, and it was totally entertainment for babies, like Chris Adams busting a wooden chair over Kevin Von Erich's head, and the Magnum T.A./Tully Blanchard "I Quit" match. Might as well have been watching the Smurfs, it was basically the same thing

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

I thought wrestling was really stupid as a child.

As an adult it's a lot more fun to be childishly stupid.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Saying that wrestling isn't for children because it's violent is really dumb. Children are the most violent and the most hungry for violence out of all humans. The first comedy we can comprehend is slapstick.

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

So goddamn cool

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Le Saboteur posted:

Owned, bitch, I got into it when I was 26.

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

I hear you wish to ball, adventurer..
I was probably the most into wrestling I ever have been in like 98-99 when I was 11 and making a Geocities fan site for D-Generation X.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!
Wrestling rules because it’s dumb and it’s at its best when it’s appealing to 14 year olds.

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 5 days!

Gumball Gumption posted:

Saying that wrestling isn't for children because it's violent is really dumb. Children are the most violent and the most hungry for violence out of all humans. The first comedy we can comprehend is slapstick.

*gestures in the direction of WW2 and various other wars throughout history, and the alt-right movement of today*

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Sydney Bottocks posted:

*gestures in the direction of WW2 and various other wars throughout history, and the alt-right movement of today*

If Hitler hadn't been a child he'd never have done Anchluß