Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

saintonan
Dec 7, 2009

Fields of glory shine eternal

THIS_IS_FINE posted:

Weren't they saying he might be back in 2-3 weeks? If they put him on IR wouldn't he need to sit out 4?

His fantasy IR, not the Colts IR. If the Colts list him as definitely out, he can put Taylor on his fantasy IR and that opens another roster spot for this week.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Yahoo is the worst with that poo poo. He will be out on every other platform way before yahoo decides to list him as out.

Freezer
Apr 20, 2001

The Earth is the cradle of the mind, but one cannot stay in the cradle forever.

RCarr posted:

Yahoo is the worst with that poo poo. He will be out on every other platform way before yahoo decides to list him as out.

NFL.com will only allow you to use IR spot for players on IR or PUP (and oddly enough, suspended players). It’s really annoying.

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

It does feel like the byes get worse and worse every year. Seriously week 14 what the hell. Even apart from fantasy that seems like a huge real life advantage. Most teams need the break late a lot more than they do in like week 4. And why are we alternating no teams on bye then a shitload on bye. Spread it out!

Perfect brain genius schedule generated by Amazon AI my rear end

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Freezer posted:

NFL.com will only allow you to use IR spot for players on IR or PUP (and oddly enough, suspended players). It’s really annoying.

Yea MFL is like that. I feel like that’s the correct way to do it though. Obviously I’ll take advantage of how yahoo does it but idk

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

https://g.espncdn.com/s/ffldraftkit/23/NFL23_CS_WRCBWeek13neck.pdf?adddata=2023CS_WRCBWeek13neck

Week 13 WR/CB shadow report is out. Surprised to see Puka ranked so high :stare:

vaginite
Feb 8, 2006

I'm comin' for you, colonel.

Abugadu posted:

He doesn't have any better WRs/TEs, the only thing on his team worth a drat other than Adams is Derrick Henry, but I have 6 good RBs right now - Bijan, Mostert, Najee, Gibbs, GusBus, and Ford.

Mahomes has a slightly better playoff schedule than Stroud.

His starting QB is Baker Mayfield, he's desperate. Maybe do a supertrade? Like Stroud/Gus/Ford/GWilson for Henry/Adams?

You should trade your RBs for some receivers, like somebody like Davante Adams a better receiver from someone else.

RBs are a wasteland right now, you got 6 guys, gotta rebalance. Go look through your league's rosters and find somebody with a bunch of redundant good receivers that's starved for RBs, make some magic happen.

Throw in Mahomes keep Stroud. Mahomes is better but has a good D, Stroud is in a 37-34 shootout every week.

e: also Henry sucks, and Adams sucks. They have big legendary names from ye olde 2020 but they're not good.

Adams has had an awful season. He's the WR13 because he got 20, 43, 16 in weeks 2-4, and has laid loving eggs since. Everyone who was stupid enough to waste a round 1 or 2 pick on him (me) is stoked McDaniels got fired and he's breaking low to mid double digits 3 weeks in a row and finally they can feel like they're not stupid for wasting a 1 on him. I'd have to really, really think every week about whether I'd start him over Collins or Wilson. I traded him on his name to some sucker (not you soon hopefully!) and haven't looked back.

Henry sucks. A streaky RB14 that'll drop a 3 point game isn't what you want, ever. You have 4 guys on your roster I'd start over him. Every week. 5 and 6 depends on the matchup. Honestly with the RBs you have I wouldn't trade for any RB that wasn't Kyren or McCaffery and you're not getting them.

Go get some receivers. Trade Mahomes and some RBs. Find the guy starting Chuba Hubbard, or the guy who keeps adding and dropping Tyjae Spears. Who's spot starting Ezekiel Elliot this week? I guarantee with the stash you have there's some guys bleeding for RBs in your league and you can take them to the cleaners make a reasonable trade with where you both end up with a much better starting line up.

vaginite fucked around with this message at 07:19 on Nov 30, 2023

dxt
Mar 27, 2004
METAL DISCHARGE

Docjowles posted:

It does feel like the byes get worse and worse every year. Seriously week 14 what the hell. Even apart from fantasy that seems like a huge real life advantage. Most teams need the break late a lot more than they do in like week 4. And why are we alternating no teams on bye then a shitload on bye. Spread it out!

Perfect brain genius schedule generated by Amazon AI my rear end

The schedule is generated for what they think will make the most money, not for what is most fair and good for actual football, or even for anything that makes sense.

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Week 14 byes are killing me in a must-win game against the second-place team in my league

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

I'm too lazy to make sense of this

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

kiimo posted:

The larger the number of your WR’s Matchup T/R, the higher probability he has a good night

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

FAT32 SHAMER posted:

The larger the number of your WR’s Matchup T/R, the higher probability he has a good night

Ah that makes sense. [starts Diontae Johnson]

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Poque posted:

Hell yeah

Looks like Diontae, AJB, ARSB, Puka, Doubs, and Tyreek are all expected to have great games (anything >10% has historically been very good)

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
Diontae will not have a good game. He has given up entirely lol

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

FAT32 SHAMER posted:

What does T/R and F/R stand for?

e: Oh I'm dumb I didn't scroll down to see the key :doh:

Popero
Apr 17, 2001

.406/.553/.735
Who's the guy always posting about fantasy expert frauds, because there's no way Lockett is a top 30 WR this week in standard.

vaginite
Feb 8, 2006

I'm comin' for you, colonel.

kiimo posted:

Green in the matchup column in the middle is good. T/R is how much they're estimated to be targeted based on their performance and the corner that's gonna be on them the most. F/R is how many points they're expected to score per pass route they run. If you don't wanna think about it, if you got close guys just pick guys with green in both. The big percentage in the right is the amount of zone coverage the defense runs, that's better if it's higher too. Basically just pick guys with a lot of green in the matchup and defense columns.

I also look at the second page - to use it just find your guy on the first page, look at his line up percentages in the "RWR" "Slot" "LWR" and the second page shows how much each team gives up to those positions over the season, last 8 and last 4. It's useful in conjunction with page 1, because while it might position someone as a "Slot" receiver in the depth chart on page 1, they might line up wide a lot too.

If you wanna get real grognard with it the legend at the bottom has what each column means, but what I've described is the easiest way to do it.

Also if there's a big "S" next to their name that means they're expected to be shadowed by the other team's best corner.

e: also the second page is confusing, because this isn't "points given up" it's ranking for most points given up, like a 1 on the second page (washington) means they give up the most points, not that they give up 1 point. Maybe this explanation got convoluted again.

vaginite fucked around with this message at 17:44 on Nov 30, 2023

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

kiimo posted:

I think it is saying Tyreek and Sungod are good and the Jets receivers are bad :hmmyes:

(I do appreciate you posting this FAT32!)

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

coronaball posted:

I've never been someone who pays attention to byes while drafting (since the backups you would ostensibly draft to cover a bye will often suck or get injured by the time said bye occurs) but next year I'll be fading Week 13 and 14 bye players as much as possible. I'm starting people like D'Ernest Johnson and one-armed Goeddert.

No one week is more important than any other week though. If you lose week 5 or week 14, it’s the same outcome.

Chernabog
Apr 16, 2007

Had to drop Diontae for bye week hell on a must win week so he's guaranteed to go off.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

He’d have to learn how to catch a football first

SouthShoreSamurai
Apr 28, 2009

It is a tale,
Told by an idiot, full of sound and fury,
Signifying nothing.

Fun Shoe

RCarr posted:

He’d have to learn how to catch a football first

It really is quite something just how many incredibly fast and agile human beings there are that just... can't catch a football. Despite practicing that one skill many times every day.

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

FAT32 SHAMER posted:

This is cool - never seen it before

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

I'm the lead trumpet player, playing loud and high is all I know how to do.

Poque posted:

Yea, the quick version is: Find the middle F/R column, pick big green number.

Diontae Johnson has a 0.00 there. Combined with the green T/R means: he will get lots of targets, but generate little actual fantasy points, due to things like drops, off target throws, etc. This aligns with reality a touch more.

Braincloud
Sep 28, 2004

I forgot...how BIG...
Is Josh Palmer ever coming back? Is he even worth keeping on IR?

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

This week is almost a guaranteed L for me with all the byes lol. I think I am starting Rico Dowdle at RB and this is not a deep enough league where that should be happening.

Braincloud posted:

Is Josh Palmer ever coming back? Is he even worth keeping on IR?

Unless it's a pretty deep league I don't feel like he's a must hold by any means. The Chargers kinda look like rear end and Palmer is just a guy

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

AnacondaHL posted:

Yea, the quick version is: Find the middle F/R column, pick big green number.

Diontae Johnson has a 0.00 there. Combined with the green T/R means: he will get lots of targets, but generate little actual fantasy points, due to things like drops, off target throws, etc. This aligns with reality a touch more.

Oh cool! That's very handy.

I didn't mean for my first comment to be dismissive of the whole sheet, it seemed very cool but seemed to lack certain context like Diontae hating the Steelers and never trying. Your combination makes it very helpful.

Bellmaker
Oct 18, 2008

Chapter DOOF

I’m curious why it likes Lockett over McLaurin because I don’t

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

I'm the lead trumpet player, playing loud and high is all I know how to do.

Poque posted:

Oh cool! That's very handy.

I didn't mean for my first comment to be dismissive of the whole sheet, it seemed very cool but seemed to lack certain context like Diontae hating the Steelers and never trying. Your combination makes it very helpful.

Also note the other combination: a high F/R with a low T/R means a receiver that is a boom or bust play, potentially getting huge single chunks and/or redzone catches on very few targets, or getting shut down by the opposing zone coverage, e.g. this week Michael Wilson, Jamaar Chase, Rashee Rice, etc.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

RCarr posted:

Yea MFL is like that. I feel like that’s the correct way to do it though. Obviously I’ll take advantage of how yahoo does it but idk

This is a setting in MFL, because of course it is, everything in MFL is a setting.

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

metcalf is having his career game and it’s only the first quarter :stare:

17.7pts in ½ppr

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

quote:

Offensive coordinator Ben Johnson indicated that Williams could see increased usage moving forward.
"[Williams'] reps are going up. He continues to get out there and the ball is just going to keep gravitating to him a little bit more than it already has."
Advice: After seeing no more than a quarter of the offensive snaps in any game as a rookie and no more than 50 percent in any game before Detroit's Week 9 bye week, Williams logged between 52 and 68 percent of the offensive snaps in each of the three games since the bye.
While the Alabama product didn't see more than three targets in any of them, there is legitimate hope that his workload could increase since nothing correlates stronger with statistical production than playing time.

Might be a good time to pick Jamo up

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Apparently I should've grabbed Geno off the WW to fill in for Allen this week :stare:

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

There’s one or two good TNF games a year and I guess this is it, god drat

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

I have Lamb and my opponent has the DAL defense, so this is going pretty well for me so far.

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Motherfucker. The guy who abandoned his team in my work league left DK on his bench against one of the teams ahead of me I need to lose :argh:

take me you ANIMAL
Nov 28, 2002

Congrats big boy
Why the gently caress did I start a defense on Thursday night clownball

Anubis
Oct 9, 2003

It's hard to keep sand out of ears this big.
Fun Shoe
Metcalf is setting the world on fire and destroying the soul of everyone on the bubble who left him on their bench.

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=

I'm against Metcalf and Dak this week so I've already lost.

Fortunately, I've already secured a first-round bye, so the next two weeks don't actually matter :smugdog:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

I have Dak :pseudo:

I also have Dallas D with negative points and was facing CeeDee and Ferguson who combined for way more points :eng99:

Like the worst possible matchup I could have drawn. Didn’t face DK at least