Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

KurdtLives
Dec 22, 2004

Ladies and She-Hulks can't resist Murdock's Big Hallway Energy

fart simpson posted:

what more do you need to know
My av wants to know what he did to medium annoy Wilson Fisk.

I feel like using a version of Take 5 in a post is the classiest thing the Brazilian TWolves Fan account will do the season.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

RandomHodge posted:

Yeah I didn’t catch the game but it looks like it played out like most Pacers losses this year. Their offense is cool and all but seeing 130+ oppo points on the board every night is getting old

I know they're trying a new scheme this year and everyone is still learning it but I don't think it's working.

They really need to find some way to fix it. Get Walker some playing time.

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost
Alex Caruso is somehow 100x sexier when he isn't wearing a headband.

https://twitter.com/CodyWesterlund/status/1730457737794883752

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

you literally think a person saying their NBA team of choice being better than the fucking 76ers is a 'schtick'

a literal thing you think.

My man Mitchell...

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

Salvor_Hardin posted:

Alex Caruso is somehow 100x sexier when he isn't wearing a headband.

https://twitter.com/CodyWesterlund/status/1730457737794883752

drat, it's true.

Jack's Flow
Jun 6, 2003

Life, friends, is boring
Ant is awesome, Kat is the best 2nd banana in the league, Rudy is playing like an All Star again, and the TWolves might finish as a top 3 seed in the West.

I’m sure idiots like Kevin OConnor can’t wait to admit that the Gobert trade might not have been that „dumb“ after all.

stuker
Jul 9, 2003

wolves look good but also the calendar just flipped to december

tanglewood1420
Oct 28, 2010

The importance of this mission cannot be overemphasized
Twolves can be good and the Gobert trade can still be bad. It's not as simple as 'remove Gobert and they wouldn't be messing the west right now!', you have to compare to the path not traveled of what Minny could've got for those assets instead of Gobert.

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

i think if you remove Gobert they wouldn't be messing the west right now

dokmo
Aug 27, 2006

:stat:man
Cam Thomas came back from i guess an ankle injury, picking up where he left off, jacking up 21 shots off the bench, recording a single assist. He is #15 in points per game, ahead of Ant, Lebron, Lillard, etc.

defector has a long article about the history of basketball writers/podcasters centered around Zach Lowe, which is probably of interest to a half dozen people in existence

https://defector.com/the-state-of-basketblogging
ungated https://archive.is/X9nu0

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

woke up today still thinkin bout this oop

https://twitter.com/NBA/status/1730421661634080907

love you jaime jaquez jr

temple
Jul 29, 2006

I have actual skeletons in my closet

Aye Doc posted:

woke up today still thinkin bout this oop

https://twitter.com/NBA/status/1730421661634080907

love you jaime jaquez jr
The Heat are like Anton Chigurh getting hit by the car and then some innocent kids help him and he gets away again.

chilihead
Nov 5, 2010

Is this real life, or is this fantasy?

temple posted:

The Heat are like Anton Chigurh getting hit by the car and then some innocent kids help him and he gets away again.

NBA December N/V: No Tournament for Old LeBron.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Jack's Flow posted:

Ant is awesome, Kat is the best 2nd banana in the league, Rudy is playing like an All Star again, and the TWolves might finish as a top 3 seed in the West.

I’m sure idiots like Kevin OConnor can’t wait to admit that the Gobert trade might not have been that „dumb“ after all.

Let's slow our roll a bit here

dokmo
Aug 27, 2006

Anyone know why devonte graham isn't playing much? Is it an injury or are they just playing the young guys?

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy

tanglewood1420 posted:

Twolves can be good and the Gobert trade can still be bad. It's not as simple as 'remove Gobert and they wouldn't be messing the west right now!', you have to compare to the path not traveled of what Minny could've got for those assets instead of Gobert.

"compare to the path not traveled" of complete speculation? Because then we could start making just-as-valid arguments about how not trading for Gobert would have led to KAT not resigning as a FA and then Ant demanding a trade and they are even worse than before.

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy

dokmo posted:

Anyone know why devonte graham isn't playing much? Is it an injury or are they just playing the young guys?

Do the Spurs have another tiny guy they like to play a lot? Graham tanks those kinds of lineups.

nachos
Jun 27, 2004

Wario Chalmers! WAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

temple posted:

Kyle Lowry is shooting 46% from 3 on 5 attempts a game

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.

tanglewood1420 posted:

Asset brain

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

is karl anthony towns the greatest center in the history of basketball?

Boredumb
Mar 10, 2005

dokmo posted:

defector has a long article about the history of basketball writers/podcasters centered around Zach Lowe, which is probably of interest to a half dozen people in existence

https://defector.com/the-state-of-basketblogging
ungated https://archive.is/X9nu0

This article was good

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
https://twitter.com/ShamsCharania/status/1730587881897406581

:airquote:

slave to my cravings
Mar 1, 2007

Got my mind on doritos and doritos on my mind.

Never doubt the stats

temple
Jul 29, 2006

Congratulations

dokmo
Aug 27, 2006

re reading my predictions from the 2021 draft prediction thread, and man did i whiff on a bunch of these. but i did nail the essence of cam thomas, even though it took a couple of seasons for it to emerge fully.

dokmo posted:

Which 8 players will have the best career (regardless of draft position)(note if you are ordering or not, and its more fun if you do)

Ordered

Mobley
Green
Cade
Suggs
Şengün
Murphy III
Ziaire
Primo

Which 3 guys taken in the lottery (top 14) will bust?
Wagner
Giddey
Barnes

Which 3 players outside the lottery (top 14) will have the best career?
Şengün
Murphy III
Bones

ROY Prediction (feel free to put up to your top 3 in order)
Mobley
Green
Cade

Who will win the MCW award for best rookie numbers despite being bad?

There is only one possible candidate, that is Cam Thomas

dokmo
Aug 27, 2006

The pacers' defense has somehow allowed opponents to shoot 85% on free throws.

e and 40% on threes!

temple
Jul 29, 2006

Giddy busted alright

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

No prediction for Davion what a coward

maruhkati
Sep 29, 2021

NAZ REID
The thing the Wolves needed most of all was a better point guard than DLo, which they have now. There might be some speculation as to whether a second (if less effective) defensive big man could have been acquired more cheaply while also allowing them to fill out other needs. Even with Conley now on the roster they're still kind of wanting for a bench scorer who can create off the dribble and in ISO situations when Ant is out. It'd break my heart if they had to trade Naz Reid for help in that department.

But the case for "trading for Rudy was not the optimal move" is nowhere near as strong as it was last year.

The Maestro
Feb 21, 2006

tanglewood1420 posted:

Much like Jazz in that way

temple
Jul 29, 2006

maruhkati posted:

The thing the Wolves needed most of all was a better point guard than DLo, which they have now. There might be some speculation as to whether a second (if less effective) defensive big man could have been acquired more cheaply while also allowing them to fill out other needs. Even with Conley now on the roster they're still kind of wanting for a bench scorer who can create off the dribble and in ISO situations when Ant is out. It'd break my heart if they had to trade Naz Reid for help in that department.

But the case for "trading for Rudy was not the optimal move" is nowhere near as strong as it was last year.
Payton Pritchard for Naz Reid. Thank me later

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

dokmo posted:

The pacers' defense has somehow allowed opponents to shoot 85% on free throws.

e and 40% on threes!

Their defense isn't great but it's also like every night the other team just can't miss even when shots are contested. It's crazy.

maruhkati
Sep 29, 2021

NAZ REID

temple posted:

Payton Pritchard for Naz Reid. Thank me later

counteroffer: you fall into an open manhole and die

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.

maruhkati posted:

I'm happy to say it was not the optimal move, but you don't need to clear much of a bar in regards to this team to make it a good move.

I put o/u of the Wolves playoff series victories pre gobert trade at 0.5. So if they win a series then the trade will have been a net positive, even if its probably not optimal (and the Wolves would gently caress up trying to get optimal anyway).

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
https://twitter.com/WorldWideWob/status/1730430805108027622

temple
Jul 29, 2006

maruhkati posted:

counteroffer: you fall into an open manhole and die

Edwards/Prichard = Jordan/Pippen

Chronicles
Oct 24, 2013

Wolves gave so many picks so that they could keep Jaden McDaniels. They were right to do so.

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

If you look closely you can actually pinpoint the exact moment his heart breaks in two

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

dokmo posted:

I think it's just because they're playing the young guys. spurs' point guard rotation is screwy since they're giving most of the minutes to a power forward

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

Seams posted:

Why is running up the score considered bad form? Is it just one of those bizarre unwritten rules.

I used to think it was, but now I think like a head coach: you want us to stop scoring, stop us from scoring.