Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

Jimbone Tallshanks posted:

Is that in the episode where Trip over-engineers the captain's chair and Malcolm goes nuts about security?

So...in the 9/11 season they come across a vulcan ghost ship full of vulcan zombies (rage virus style not actual undead) and that's when they find out that there's a (metalic I think) compound that ships in the expanse need to cover themselves in or they get all hosed up by spacial distortions.

They also find out that this compound fucks with vulcans and drives them mad and unlocks their emotional control.

T'pol soldiers on and basically gets addicted to emotion and starts huffing it directly.

Edit: I personally think this aspect was one of the few good parts to come out of the 9/11 season because T'pol was one of the best characters and it really kicks off a lot of her content as a character.

CainFortea fucked around with this message at 18:19 on Dec 6, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Big Mac
Jan 3, 2007

mysterious frankie posted:

You know he's just gonna freak out and, this being Star Trek, events will transpire in such a fashion that you go to sleep and wake up on a heavily modified time traveling Runabout piloted by a blazed and deranged Barclay who is going back in time in order to create the Borg so that sentient life can be saved from the curse of being alone with its own thoughts.

Barclay takes one drag and from then on says "Computer end program" constantly until the episode ends

Big Ass On Fire
Jun 16, 2023

computer, create a blunt so dank not even Data can smoke it

Endless Trash
Aug 12, 2007

Will give oo-mox for trellium

Powered Descent
Jul 13, 2008

We haven't had that spirit here since 1969.

This is how it starts. "Oh, it's just some felicium with friends, it's no big deal." But then you're branching out into the harder stuff, like ketracel white. After a while you feel like you can't even breathe without your tri-ox compound, and you're using a Venus drug every day to not look so strung out. Before you know it you're shooting up cordrazine just to wake up in the morning and then huffing anesthezine to get back to sleep. Finally you're living in the corner of a cargo bay trying to call in every favor you were ever owed just to get one more hit of biomimetic gel.

ChubbyChecker
Mar 25, 2018

Grey Cat posted:

The Road Not Taken by Harry Turtledove.

They invade with like, flintlock weapons or something.

E: its a short story, check it out.

finally read it

it was surprisingly good

John Murdoch
May 19, 2009

I can tune a fish.
I can't decide if getting blazed with Q is a no, a yes, or an exactly once.

drilldo squirt
Aug 18, 2006

a beautiful, soft meat sack
Clapping Larry
Do you want to be high with someone who screws with people as a hobby? I do not.

GolfHole
Feb 26, 2004

i am smoking poo poo so dank you could not even fathom it while building autonomic robot bongs and not taking showers, with oftenwrong song

mailorder bees
Nov 4, 2011

FLUFFERNUTTER
q lets you burn the whole blunt, then sobers you up with a snap of his fingers just to be a dick

Burning_Monk
Jan 11, 2005
Mad, Bad, and Dangerous to know

drilldo squirt posted:

Do you want to be high with someone who screws with people as a hobby? I do not.

Reminds me of when I was hanging out with a friend of friend who was "body builder" (aka steroids). Dude was just massive and wanted to get wasted as much as possible. No one actually wanted to hang with the guy because he would go full aggro from 0-60 and suddenly you'd have a new hole in your wall with him laughing like an idiot in the corner.

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Did I just say that out loud~~?!!!
I bet the smiling Koala has some great stories to tell.

mysterious frankie
Jan 11, 2009

This displeases Dev- ..van. Shut up.

Big Mac posted:

Barclay takes one drag and from then on says "Computer end program" constantly until the episode ends

lol

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

drilldo squirt posted:

"Dude. Dude. Guess what."

"What now, Q?"

"I just totally just wiped out a galaxy of sentients."

"What the gently caress? Why the gently caress would you--"

"Just messing with you man. Oh man you are so stoned, you believed that poo poo."

"Jesus Christ, gently caress you Q."

"Well now I'm gonna do it. Because you said that. This one's on your shoulders."

"WHAT THE gently caress NO DUDE WHAT"

"AHAHAHAHA oh man you're so high dude, you're so blazed right now. I'm not wiping out sentients, bro, relax. Have another bowl.

...I absolutely could wipe out tons of sentients though. Your lives are motes of dust."

Endless Trash
Aug 12, 2007

ChairmanMauzer
Dec 30, 2004

It wears a human face.
I think this deserves a cross-post here:

https://twitter.com/strangenewpod/status/1732165624451740036

Apollodorus
Feb 13, 2010

TEST YOUR MIGHT
:patriot:

CainFortea posted:

T'pol unfortunately cannonically gets paranoid when high.

Check spelling please. I knew what I was doing, high or not.

Apollodorus
Feb 13, 2010

TEST YOUR MIGHT
:patriot:

gently caress

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

Apollodorus posted:

Check spelling please. I knew what I was doing, high or not.

No I saw what you did.

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

It is physically painful to watch Spock (younger or not) do this kind of schtick.

Kibayasu fucked around with this message at 00:20 on Dec 7, 2023

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

you can tell he's logical by the way he's a complete idiot

Squiggle
Sep 29, 2002

I don't think she likes the special sauce, Rick.

The three bowls are arranged together on the bar, it is logical to assume they would compliment each other

maybeadracula
Sep 9, 2022

by sebmojo
Lol'd at "I'm sorry you did that"

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

Squiggle posted:

The three bowls are arranged together on the bar, it is logical to assume they would compliment each other

If anything, that's the confusing poo poo.

Three bowls of snacks.

Pickles. Nuts. And chewing gum.

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009
They're called canapes you uncultured swine

E: real talk that's some nightclub bathroom attendant snack swag

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

pickles and nuts are good bar food. don't know what the gently caress chewing gum is doing there.

Big Mac
Jan 3, 2007

Ghostlight posted:

pickles and nuts are good bar food. don't know what the gently caress chewing gum is doing there.

It looked like Number One had brought it with her, like everyone who chews gum does.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

more like number gum

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

Kibayasu posted:

It is physically painful to watch Spock (younger or not) do this kind of schtick.

Counterpoint: It was really fuckin rad.

skooma512
Feb 8, 2012

You couldn't grok my race car, but you dug the roadside blur.

mycomancy posted:

Ok name your dream cannabinoid consumption circle in the 24th century.

Mine is O'Brien, Mirror Universe Jadzia, Mariner, and Magnus Hansen.

Mariner, Pike, Tilly, Nerys, Tuvok.

Failing that, just the Lower Decks gang as is, including the new Vulcan one. Lower decks! Lower decks!

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009
Smoking up with the Lower Decks gang but I mean the TNG episode LDG

maybeadracula
Sep 9, 2022

by sebmojo
Nick Locarno bogarts every time

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Grey Cat posted:

If there's synthehol, doesn't that mean there's synthebinoids?

We already have those, they rule. I have one every night

drilldo squirt
Aug 18, 2006

a beautiful, soft meat sack
Clapping Larry

John Wick of Dogs posted:

We already have those, they rule. I have one every night

Why? Synth weed is for clowns.

maybeadracula
Sep 9, 2022

by sebmojo
Oh they have weed all right

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.
I bet there's all kinds of weird interactions with alien substances and foods that humans have to be warned about . Like you go to a state dinner and accidently eat a Cardassian crepe then before you know it your naked on a table declaring that homosapiens are the dog breed of the universe.

Sort of like that episode in Voyager where the doctor tells people not to loving eat the food and Bellana eats the food winding up in sick bay,

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Did I just say that out loud~~?!!!
The aliens probably have to do the same thing for our food, really.

Well, except for Swedish meatballs. Everyone has a version of that; it's one of the universe's strange mysteries.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

drilldo squirt posted:

Lumi Labs are really as good as real edibles.

Grey Cat
Jun 3, 2023

Doing stuff and things

DrSunshine posted:

The aliens probably have to do the same thing for our food, really.

Well, except for Swedish meatballs. Everyone has a version of that; it's one of the universe's strange mysteries.

The Köttbullar Constant

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tighclops
Jan 23, 2008

Unable to deal with it

Grimey Drawer

drilldo squirt posted:

I used to buy synthetic weed off a guy in sa mart before they banned it