Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

My apologies Sagebrush I don't have iFunny.co set as my browser homepage

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

why not

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

because it's already set to something funnier: your posts

:shobon:

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

:blush:

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

Sagebrush posted:

ugh that isn't even the original

lmao

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

qirex posted:

who could possibly have seen this coming

lol yes i saw this getting pimped on my youtube feed and, having been down the "how to use imessage on my android" (run an imessage forwarder on a mac in your closet) determined this was incredibly stupid, and that they would make one trillion dollars before being sued into bankruptcy.

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

Smythe posted:

lol yes i saw this getting pimped on my youtube feed and, having been down the "how to use imessage on my android" (run an imessage forwarder on a mac in your closet) determined this was incredibly stupid, and that they would make one trillion dollars before being sued into bankruptcy.

maybe they can pivot to diy kits for those weirdos that have a mac and an android phone

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

i've seen so much, i'm going blind
and i'm brain dead virtually

College Slice
lol @ beeper mini getting loving b&

i wanted to post that in this thread and lol @ this thread being buried on page 4

Branch Nvidian
Nov 29, 2012

anroid

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

𝓪 𝓻𝓮𝓭 𝓹𝓪𝓷𝓭𝓪 𝓲𝓼 𝓪 𝓬𝓾𝓻𝓲𝓸𝓾𝓼 𝓼𝓸𝓻𝓽 𝓸𝓯 𝓬𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓽𝓾𝓻𝓮
Lol!

Zamujasa
Oct 27, 2010

Bread Liar

Cold on a Cob posted:

i wanted to post that in this thread and lol @ this thread being buried on page 4

theyre seeing blue alright!!!!!! :xd:

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

College Slice
the best part was how absolutely and unshakeably confident the ceo was that apple couldn't stop him, practically doing evil villain style speeches

Zamujasa
Oct 27, 2010

Bread Liar
quote from man stopped:

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Cold on a Cob posted:

the best part was how absolutely and unshakeably confident the ceo was that apple couldn't stop him, practically doing evil villain style speeches

he's still doing those post-ban

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

College Slice

Pinterest Mom posted:

he's still doing those post-ban

trilljester
Dec 7, 2004

The People's Tight End.
halt and catch fire: the story of the android experience

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Cold on a Cob posted:

who is "beeper mini"

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

Sagebrush posted:

who is "beeper mini"

infernal machines posted:

imessage on android redux

apparently you can register a device as imessage capable, and then send/receive imessages with a shim service. notably, they also claim this does not store and forward messages, and the end-to-end encryption is on-device.

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

lmao the androids are mad

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?
mad about green bubble stigma

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

The Management posted:

mad about green bubble stigma

not reiser's best work

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

Sagebrush posted:

who is "beeper mini"

it's hbag

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

literally what i thought when i read it, but hbag wasn't in the leper's colony recently

EIDE Van Hagar
Dec 8, 2000

Beep Boop
has anyone said more like green bubble ligma yet

coke
Jul 12, 2009

akadajet posted:

lmao the androids are mad

quote:

Founder Eric Migicovsky said on Friday that he simply didn’t understand why Apple would block his app: “if Apple truly cares about the privacy and security of their own iPhone users, why would they stop a service that enables their own users to now send encrypted messages to Android users, rather than using unsecure SMS?”

:qq:

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

one of the few people more insufferable than a gold star idea guy who has done nothing is the idea guy who did one hacky thing and thinks the world owes him now

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

I bet whenever rcs support is implemented in iPhones later, it’ll have support for encryption. until then you can hang out on telegram with the isis guys and the microsoft support call center scammers

Jenny Agutter
Mar 18, 2009

he’s right

akadajet posted:

I bet whenever rcs support is implemented in iPhones later, it’ll have support for encryption. until then you can hang out on telegram with the isis guys and the microsoft support call center scammers

drat dude you sound kind of insanely bitter about people owning the wrong kind of phone

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

quote:

Google says your purchased content will now be in different apps, depending on what Google platform you're on. The support page says: "On TVs and streaming devices powered by Android TV," purchased content is in the "Shop" tab but on "cable boxes or set-top boxes powered by Android TV" the content will be in the YouTube app. On the web, purchased content is on YouTube.com.

Branch Nvidian
Nov 29, 2012

what is the difference between a streaming device and a set-top box? i thought those were the same thing? and i also thought google rebranded android tv to google tv except for tvs that already had android tv where it stayed android tv

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

that's a very good question

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

Branch Nvidian posted:

what is the difference between a streaming device and a set-top box? i thought those were the same thing? and i also thought google rebranded android tv to google tv except for tvs that already had android tv where it stayed android tv

set top boxes are the thing your cable company gives you

streaming devices are the thing you get to watch the 5 different streaming services you have that collectively cost more than cable

Branch Nvidian
Nov 29, 2012

Shaggar posted:

set top boxes are the thing your cable company gives you

i thought that was a cable box????

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
i suppose you can get a set top box from a satellite company too

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

which is it if it's from an ip-tv provider?

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Branch Nvidian posted:

some streaming devices aren't set-top, duh

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

google signed different deals with different companies and would rather punish their users than renegotiate any contracts

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

as if their users weren't already punishing themselves

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

infernal machines posted:

which is it if it's from an ip-tv provider?

if its ip-tv from your cable company or isp, then its a set top box. if its ip-tv from a streaming company, then its a streaming device

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Branch Nvidian
Nov 29, 2012

https://www.theverge.com/23994174/epic-google-trial-jury-verdict-monopoly-google-play

quote:

It’s a historic victory, particularly because Epic mostly lost its fight against Apple two years ago when Judge Yvonne Gonzalez Rogers decided that fight had nothing to do with apps.

But Epic v. Google turned out to be a very different case. It hinged on secret revenue sharing deals between Google, smartphone makers, and big game developers, ones that Google execs internally believed were designed to keep rival app stores down. It showed that Google was running scared of Epic specifically. And it was all decided by a jury, unlike the Apple ruling.

horns.aiff