Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

Ammanas posted:

Yeah his bent-back shuffle suggests either excessive load on his knees or concern over it. so sayeth a learned doctor

poo poo, I'll say that as a fat man, his gait reminds me of my own before my leg got permanently hosed. He goes up and comes down hard each time and that feels so different than a fluid running motion.

And, for the record, his weight total is sort of a dodge, because he's gonna be 260+ even with a low body fat percentage. What really matters is that by not conditioning, he's not prepping his body to handle what he asks his body to do in games. Beyond just the wear and tear of an extra 20-40 lbs on his knees and feet, he's risking poo poo like blowing out ligaments because he's not prepping his body for that level of exertion.

If he hadn't been hurt already, he'd get more slack, but there's a very real possibility that Zion never again plays in more than 40 games in a season and the Pels spend the next four years in a Ben Simmons-like limbo as they try to get him back and healthy by the end of each season so he can at least try to upset a top team in the playoffs if they're able to make it in without him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

You get that money Monty you get that money

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
https://twitter.com/TheDunkCentral/status/1734617870666285451

I am going to become the Joker

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

Only Trust Your Respirator, kupo!
Art/Quote by: Rubby

:dafuq:

(Edit: lol Dexo is much quicker on the draw than me)

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

I was wondering if the Bulls would think that the roster they built is actually good and all they'd need to do is trade that bum Zach Lavine

dokmo
Aug 27, 2006

:stat:man
i can tell you that despite whatever they are putting out in public, they are not asking for win now players.

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

Is the Christmas season big for season ticket sales? Like for real, are they just trying to juice sales numbers before telling fans to expect 25% win rates for a couple years?

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

dokmo posted:

i can tell you that despite whatever they are putting out in public, they are not asking for win now players.

I hope you are right Dokmo.

leftist heap
Feb 28, 2013

Fun Shoe
Zion's got that Big Boy in him. Just look at him. His destiny is just being a big fella

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
They are asking for win yesterday players, that’s how locked in they are

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

Azathoth posted:

Is the Christmas season big for season ticket sales? Like for real, are they just trying to juice sales numbers before telling fans to expect 25% win rates for a couple years?

It’s still nice to have a night out with your family even if your bball team is hot rear end on a cold sidewalk.

tristeham
Jul 31, 2022
uncritical support to zion

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

NickRoweFillea posted:

It’s still nice to have a night out with your family even if your bball team is hot rear end on a cold sidewalk.

Oh absolutely. I once attended a Timberwolves game where I got to see Darko Milicic in action live and despite the drubbing the Wolves received it was still a fun time. That being said, I cannot imagine that trading away everyone on the team with any value is good for ticket sales overall.

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

the bulls are always at the top for attendance even when their teams are bad, its one of the reasons theyve been so comfortable being so bad for so long

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
This bit Mike Vorkunov included in his writing on the trial sent me. “According to The Commercial Appeal, Adelman asked Morant if he feared that Holloway was going to punch him, which Morant answered affirmatively. When Adelman next asked Morant if he thought that punch would have hurt, he said ‘That’s what a punch does.’”

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

dokmo posted:

Spurs shot 5-41 on threes last night. Believe it or not, that is not the worst ever shooting in an NBA game. But it's close.

The NBA gifted spurs wemby because they got public money to build a glorified strip mall. And this is what theyre doing.

I call a re-draft!

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

Azathoth posted:

At least for me christmas season when i go back to my parents' house is the only time i can go to a game

The Maestro
Feb 21, 2006

Shear Modulus posted:

At least for me christmas season when i go back to my parents' house is the only time i can go to a game

Hell yea I’m planning on Friday Suns/Kings and Saturday Timberwolves/Kings next week

Veryslightlymad
Jun 3, 2007

I fight with
my brain
and with an
underlying
hatred of the
Erebonian
Noble Faction

Space the Floor even more properly by sending Hayes back to France.

Just think, in just a year or two more, he might finally grow into his potential as a replacement level talent.

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/39092399/los-angeles-lakers-hang-banner-honors-nba-cup-win

lol

Full Collapse
Dec 4, 2002

LeBron James Cup

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

https://twitter.com/wojespn/status/1734717454742364350?s=46

it’s not that far from the current arena, but it’s still not a good idea

maruhkati
Sep 29, 2021

NAZ REID

Vertical Lime posted:

Yeah, hard no. Not as hard a no as the Commanders' proposal to build a new stadium in Vienna or wherever the gently caress, but a hard no nonetheless.

Jackie D
May 27, 2009

Democracy is like a tambourine - not everyone can be trusted with it.

As bad as the team is this is what's going to make me stop watching

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 2000
I am all for there being any entertainment around the Wizards.

slave to my cravings
Mar 1, 2007

Got my mind on doritos and doritos on my mind.
Ain’t no one going to see the wizards in Alexandria

Full Collapse
Dec 4, 2002

slave to my cravings posted:

Ain’t no one going to see the wizards in Alexandria

Not the basketball wizards, that is.

hitze
Aug 28, 2007
Give me a dollar. No, the twenty. This is gonna blow your mind...

https://twitter.com/burgessev/status/1734718154440335852

Chronicles
Oct 24, 2013

Death By Yogurt posted:

Don't think he'd lose much weight on a diet of Indiana tenderloins

I Have No Mouth, and I Must Feed

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Vertical Lime posted:

From the NHL posters, the new site is only about 5 miles from the Verizon center. Potomic Yard isn't a bad site in a vacuum, but the current spot is apparently fantastic

slave to my cravings
Mar 1, 2007

Got my mind on doritos and doritos on my mind.
There’s a metro station right underneath the arena

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

From the NHL posters, the new site is only about 5 miles from the Verizon center. Potomic Yard isn't a bad site in a vacuum, but the current spot is apparently fantastic

It's not far as the crow flies but it involves everyone funneling into a handful of bridges to cross a river, or a metro line (which in DC can be...unreliable)

This is what I'm hearing from DC people at any rate

Chronicles
Oct 24, 2013

Swap Lavine for Siakam and pray BOS/MIL/PHI all have catastrophic injuries isn't a TERRIBLE plan...

Red Rox
Aug 24, 2004

Motel Midnight off the hook
Seems like there's been a lot of terrible techs for hanging on the rim this season. Tim Hardaway Jr just got the worst one ever.

What is the problem? Hang on the rim as long as you like for all I care. Stay up there while the other team runs the ball back down and scores, what does it matter?

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

CharlestheHammer posted:

They are asking for win yesterday players, that’s how locked in they are

no thats the clippers

dokmo
Aug 27, 2006

:stat:man
If Tim hardaway dunked and just stayed hanging on the rim while the other team inbounded the ball and shot at their own basket would Tim get called for goaltending?

Edit that sure is a sentence

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

Red Rox posted:

Seems like there's been a lot of terrible techs for hanging on the rim this season. Tim Hardaway Jr just got the worst one ever.

What is the problem? Hang on the rim as long as you like for all I care. Stay up there while the other team runs the ball back down and scores, what does it matter?

there are children watching

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005
Glad we have the refs here to protect us from watching basketball

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

Bip Roberts posted:

Glad we have the refs here to protect us from watching basketball

adam silver dreams of the day we can have robot players

Adbot