Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Coasterphreak
May 29, 2007
I like cookies.

Cast_No_Shadow posted:

What could possibly happen before then, eve is a calm and predictable game surely we won't have any meltdowns or drama

of course not, this is a game played by normal, well-adjusted people that spend the holidays visiting with their family and not sequestered in front of their monitor poopsocking internet pixels

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

froody guy posted:

Made it to thread title? Again? Pinnacle of my life. Come I drink at you mi beratna beltalowda.

:cheers:

Ragnar Gunvald
May 13, 2015

Cool and good.

Cast_No_Shadow posted:

No one actually wins eve.

You might think you have.

You might be 100% sure you're never playing again.

It's a lie. One day you will think about it, wonder what's happening, log in, actually enjoy yourself and then, gently caress, you have 5 accounts subbed and it's too late

This is so true. I quit like 3 years ago and signed up just to play vanguard out of curiosity. 1 24 month subscription and £400 on alt accounts/sp packs etc and it looks like I'm playing for another few years.

psilocybin laden
Jul 29, 2022

froody guy posted:

EVE Online 2024: This place is best shunned and left uninhabited.

DerekSmartymans
Feb 14, 2005

The
Copacetic
Ascetic

Nyan Bread posted:

Derek Smart! Derek Smart! DEREK SMART!

Nope, not gonna do it…

imperiusdamian
Dec 8, 2021

Cast_No_Shadow posted:

What could possibly happen before then, eve is a calm and predictable game surely we won't have any meltdowns or drama

There may be a degree of honking in some regions though.

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

it's been over a decade since I quit this game, leaving my titan and millions of guidance systems to gather dust, but I have relevant content for you all:

https://twitter.com/TrungTPhan/status/1734985280732680515?s=20

look closely around 1:19.

Elchimpster
Mar 22, 2012
That absolutely tracks. My only knowledge of excel as a teenager came from exposure to this silly game.

Also, log the titan in and just throw it around for the lulz.
Im rolling a few cyno alts to try a mothership drive-by.

grumplestiltzkin
Jun 7, 2012

Ass, gas, or grass. No one rides for free.

pmchem posted:

it's been over a decade since I quit this game, leaving my titan and millions of guidance systems to gather dust, but I have relevant content for you all:

https://twitter.com/TrungTPhan/status/1734985280732680515?s=20

look closely around 1:19.

That's loving hilarious

Also goosefleets kill board has been far too green. You should join us, welp your titan hilariously and then go back to winning eve

Ragnar Gunvald
May 13, 2015

Cool and good.
Vanguard really brought the crazies out into the discord. I don't normally do discord and can only imagine that the discord is an absolute shithole.

But I got this gem of a DM today after telling someone to chill the gently caress out as they was raging vanguard only has updates on discord so far and that they had to pay to access a 4 day alpha test.

Saithir
Jul 10, 2022

Ragnar Gunvald posted:

But I got this gem of a DM today after telling someone to chill the gently caress out as they was raging vanguard only has updates on discord so far and that they had to pay to access a 4 day alpha test.

I initially muted that whole category there because whatever, but I scrolled back a bit and apparently someone posted a screenshot of this guy's literal discord profile (or whatever the thing is called when you click on the name), so it shows their discord regdate... and apparently that's doxxing?

Man the standards have fallen through the floor.

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

Black summer was the best summer.

Saithir posted:

I initially muted that whole category there because whatever, but I scrolled back a bit and apparently someone posted a screenshot of this guy's literal discord profile (or whatever the thing is called when you click on the name), so it shows their discord regdate... and apparently that's doxxing?

Eve players often don't understand what normal/healthy boundaries are with this poo poo due to the metagaming CCP allows, but yeah this is just someone being ultra sensitive.

And who the gently caress cares about discord regdate at all? What point does that even reinforce?

Saithir
Jul 10, 2022

Sickening posted:

And who the gently caress cares about discord regdate at all? What point does that even reinforce?

I never said it made sense :shrug:

hailthefish
Oct 24, 2010

Saithir posted:

oh no it's been like this for a while, I distinctly remember an incident on tweetfleet slack (remember that lmao) where someone started crying about doxxing because someone clicked the URL they chose to list in their public slack profile

Libluini
May 18, 2012

I gravitated towards the Greens, eventually even joining the party itself.

The Linke is a party I grudgingly accept exists, but I've learned enough about DDR-history I can't bring myself to trust a party that was once the SED, a party leading the corrupt state apparatus ...
Grimey Drawer

Ragnar Gunvald posted:

Vanguard really brought the crazies out into the discord. I don't normally do discord and can only imagine that the discord is an absolute shithole.

Huh. I didn't have to pay anything to try out Vanguard.

I guess CCP doesn't want any dirty alpha-clones making GBS threads up their shiny new FPS. :v:

UnintendedSpittle
Aug 1, 2012
So whats the current status of Goons? I'm just coming back after a 5/6yr break and looking to get back in.

floppyspud
Jul 21, 2022

UnintendedSpittle posted:

So whats the current status of Goons? I'm just coming back after a 5/6yr break and looking to get back in.

There are bloc goons (goonwaffe) and GooseFleet which do wormhole and stain stuff. They both have threads in PGS which you can read, and pick which one you like.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

I never even got to play Vanguard. The launcher wouldn't download it for me.

Ragnar Gunvald
May 13, 2015

Cool and good.

Saithir posted:

Yeah, he was very butthurt about that for some reason. Apparently I should know that's doxxing if I'd really been playing EVE for any length of time though.

Bigbillthaboss
Feb 25, 2013

TRASH ASS EDGELORD,
PUT ME ON IGNORE

Elchimpster posted:

That absolutely tracks. My only knowledge of excel as a teenager came from exposure to this silly game.

Learning to Excel via forced education by EVE Online: A Serious Internet Spreadsheet Simulator Spaceship Game unironically helped me exceed beyond a lot of my other peers throughout engineering school.

I know a few people that have similar stories as well.

Coasterphreak
May 29, 2007
I like cookies.

Bigbillthaboss posted:

Learning to Excel via forced education by EVE Online: A Serious Internet Spreadsheet Simulator Spaceship Game unironically helped me exceed beyond a lot of my other peers throughout engineering school.

I know a few people that have similar stories as well.

Internet spreadsheets spaceships also teaches other important life skills, like how to socialize with other people.

I'm not saying anybody gets good at it, however

floppyspud
Jul 21, 2022

I said come in! posted:

You only missed a shuttle skin.

Libluini
May 18, 2012

The Linke is a party I grudgingly accept exists, but I've learned enough about DDR-history I can't bring myself to trust a party that was once the SED, a party leading the corrupt state apparatus ...
Grimey Drawer

I said come in! posted:

CCP never clearly communicated this, but you had to go and manually download the fancy new launcher that included Vanguard frst.

But don't worry, you only missed a non-transferable pod skin :v:

Ragnar Gunvald
May 13, 2015

Cool and good.
Apparently there's more to come..there's another playtest in January.

Hopefully with a more interesting map and some more mechanics....

Boatswain
May 29, 2012
Anyone running Abyssals in Delve/environs? I'd like to bring an alt down to 2-box Jackdaws/Draugurs but not sure how tenable it is with all campers/roaming gangs coming through.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Libluini posted:

CCP never clearly communicated this, but you had to go and manually download the fancy new launcher that included Vanguard frst.

But don't worry, you only missed a non-transferable pod skin :v:

Ooh yeah, I was confused by that part at first too, but I found the correct launcher and it still wouldn't download. It was just stuck at download speeds I hadn't seen since the AOL dial up days.

Libluini
May 18, 2012

Grimey Drawer

I said come in! posted:

Ooh yeah, I was confused by that part at first too, but I found the correct launcher and it still wouldn't download. It was just stuck at download speeds I hadn't seen since the AOL dial up days.

:lol: This is classic :ccp: at its finest :allears:

Lorem ipsum
Sep 25, 2007
IF I REPORT SOMETHING, BAN ME.

Boatswain posted:

Anyone running Abyssals in Delve/environs? I'd like to bring an alt down to 2-box Jackdaws/Draugurs but not sure how tenable it is with all campers/roaming gangs coming through.

You should do it in FWST

floppyspud
Jul 21, 2022

Boatswain posted:

a deep safe is pretty safe, do it in a central system with people around but not in 1dq. esp if you have an alt you can park outside its hard to die. much safer than highsec imo.

Helpimscared
Jun 16, 2014

No but seriously, what happened to Miniluv?

OneEightHundred
Feb 28, 2008

Soon, we will be unstoppable!

Helpimscared posted:

No but seriously, what happened to Miniluv?
Supposedly largely stopped operating due to multiple nerfs to highsec ganking, mainly the bump-tackle nerf.

WilWheaton
Oct 11, 2006

It'd be hard to get bored on this ship!

Lorem ipsum posted:

You should do it in FWST

You joke but fwst isn’t actually that bad since the guy’s there only ever want to blops out of system and don’t engage in it

andromache
Aug 27, 2009

Lawful Neutral Paper Pusher Elemental.

Boatswain posted:

It’s pretty safe in Delve/Querious/Period Basis from a deep safe.

There are a few reliable ways to generate a deep safe. The first is whenever an incursion hits the region, fly to that constellation and make safes at the sites. They don’t follow the normal “within 4au of a celestial” rules so you can find some real nice safes in the middle of nowhere.

Second method is to apparently jump into an abyssal in a throwaway ship seconds before downtime. Do not break invulnerability in the abyssal. It will fling you out to a random spot in system, with a decent chance of getting a deep safe out of scan range of celestials. The guide I read does it with three accounts at a time and says one of them usually gives a usable spot.

I guess the third way is to find a big system with celestials (but not gates) off the main travel axis between gates. Make a bookmark more than 14 au from any celestial/gate off the main travel path. It’ll show up if they are pressing dscan warping to the celestial but hunters are typically scanning gate to gate, so unless you’ve flapped your lips to people and bragged about where you do abyssals there’s no reason for them to hunt.

froody guy
Jun 25, 2013

I remember the excruciating pain in the arse of the months spent training all them leadership skills needed to undock :airquote: the right way :airquote: the Rorq I bought in VFK back in the days

I see CCP has now revamped that in spades with all these abominable fleet command, compression, shipboard... ones :ferrari:

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

froody guy posted:

I remember the excruciating pain in the arse of the months spent training all them leadership skills needed to undock :airquote: the right way :airquote: the Rorq I bought in VFK back in the days

I see CCP has now revamped that in spades with all these abominable fleet command, compression, shipboard... ones :ferrari:

Yep, I trained a bunch of skills back in the day that now no longer exist, or were revamped in significant ways that make all of that training time pointless.

froody guy
Jun 25, 2013

So now I understand where all them juicy (and totally free) unallocated SP were coming from. Which I obviously extracted and injected back into a new pixel puppet so now I'm quadruple turbo hosed having to train all them relevant stuff again using MCTC on (at least) 2 accounts :feelsgood:

psilocybin laden
Jul 29, 2022
nice meltdown

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008
Serves you right for playing eve.

Rudeboy Detective
Apr 28, 2011

eve online btw

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WilWheaton