Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
My first ever post on this forum was almost 17 years ago, the day that the Chargers fired Marty Schottenheimer.

17 years and 4 head coaches later, i am still here and still posting.

Thank you all for being my football friends

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Black Lighter
Sep 6, 2010

Just keep looking at what we're doing, keep watering and ask yourselves first and know 'Are you watering? And are you fertilizing every day?' So when it's time to pop, it'll pop.
Maybe now would be a good time to admit that I'm Brian Schottenheimer, and I wish everybody would stop being mean about my curls

Parallax
Jan 14, 2006

FAT32 SHAMER posted:

Look at the url lol

lol

also my favorite mcdaniel moment is still when justin fields was running rampant over the dolphins and mcdaniel yelled at fields to stop it

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

elime anning posted:

Mike McDaniel is a fascinating case study of what if a weird little self-aware dork with a full-internet sense of humor could get away with being a head coach because he's god-tier at Xs and Os. I like him a lot but he's undeniably strange for his position. I kinda suspect that if/when the Dolphins suck he'd lose the locker room and get canned quickly

People say this like football players aren’t mostly 20-something’s that spend their free time playing video games and shitposting on Twitter and watching anime. They’re not 80s movie stereotypes shoving nerds into lockers. McDaniels players seem to love him. He was second to Mike Tomlin in the “Coaches players most want to play for poll” of the league.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

You made everyone feel so special for a second or two with that link and I applaud you

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

The lurkers panicking that they’ve been noticed: :stonk:

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.
I didn't know it would be so stupid.

tinstaach posted:

I'm pretty sure he's this guy.

:golfclap:

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

tinstaach posted:

I'm pretty sure he's this guy.

look, if I ever become an NFL coach, you can 100% guarantee I'm hiring a bunch of goons so y'all get paid at the expense of some billionaire and get to do some football stuff before we get fired after back-to-back 5 win seasons cause of our crazy play calling

a neat cape posted:

My first ever post on this forum was almost 17 years ago, the day that the Chargers fired Marty Schottenheimer.

And now you've got White Hot Herbie

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

Parallax posted:

lol

also my favorite mcdaniel moment is still when justin fields was running rampant over the dolphins and mcdaniel yelled at fields to stop it

"He wouldn't take the coaching" :lol:

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

FAT32 SHAMER posted:

The lurkers panicking that they’ve been noticed: :stonk:

Lol no one reads this forum

Also McDaniels is obviously Ehud

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

YOLOsubmarine posted:

It’s a perfectly usable roster right now. With a decent coach they’d be walking away with the division. They wouldn’t be a Superbowl contender but only like 5 teams in any given year are realistic contenders and most of them have top tier QBs.

None of that means they shouldn’t have torn it down because they absolutely should have. But you seems to be arguing that the Saints suck this year because the roster is bad and that the roster is bad for cap reasons and none of that is really true. They’re bad because they replaced Drew Brees and Sean Payton with much worse versions of each and thought that would work.

If they’d hired a good coach they could probably have managed to slowly fix the cap issues without blowing it up but they didn’t and now they’re probably going to bottom out and the cap issues will get fixed as part of the general “churn the roster” stuff that happens when a team completely resets.

Serious question, do you think they should get rid of Loomis? I see some fans calling for that and I think that’s nuts, honestly. Keep him and Khai Hartley for sure, but I’m ok with a tear down and rebuild. The Payton years are over.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?
I wonder if a team would ever be willing to sacrifice a roster spot to be able to hand out a Bonilla type deal. like extend Mahomes for 20 years on minimum salary with a $575m signing bonus. it'd be a way undervalued cap hit to make room for more superstars, but then you're limited to 52. I guess once he turns 45 you can reasonably put him on IR every year. or find a guy who place kicks with his right leg and punts with his left

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.

sharknado slashfic posted:

Lol no one reads this forum

Also McDaniels is obviously Ehud

If McDaniel were Ehud he would've traded two firsts to get back Tannehill.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

Print the shirts Squirt the mayo.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?

Mega64 posted:

this is not ok.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

Silly Burrito posted:

Serious question, do you think they should get rid of Loomis? I see some fans calling for that and I think that’s nuts, honestly. Keep him and Khai Hartley for sure, but I’m ok with a tear down and rebuild. The Payton years are over.

My biggest issue with Loomis is that he hired Dennis Allen and clearly bought into the idea that the Saints were just a QB away this year and that’s ultimately set the team back years. I’m generally happy with their drafts and roster construction so I don’t mind him getting another shot but those are really big mistakes to overlook.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

indigi posted:

I wonder if a team would ever be willing to sacrifice a roster spot to be able to hand out a Bonilla type deal. like extend Mahomes for 20 years on minimum salary with a $575m signing bonus. it'd be a way undervalued cap hit to make room for more superstars, but then you're limited to 52. I guess once he turns 45 you can reasonably put him on IR every year. or find a guy who place kicks with his right leg and punts with his left

You can only spread signing bonus cap hits across the next 5 years of a deal/restructure. You'd have to do insane locked in roster bonuses and then when the player does leave the team, all the remaining cap hits move up to that year / the next year with a June 1st designation. So you can move money forward for a long long time (see the Saints), but you can't do an Ohtani / Bonilla contract.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!

Mega64 posted:

Crescent Wrench
Sep 30, 2005

The truth is usually just an excuse for a lack of imagination.
Grimey Drawer

a neat cape posted:

Ha, I never knew your posting origin story. A key piece of the lore falls into place. So happy for you re: Staley btw.

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

a neat cape posted:

Read this post and went your regdate was only 13 years ago before the dawning realization that it's 2024 in 2 weeks etched itself across my face.

Silly Burrito posted:

Loomis is clearly still a good gm at drafting and roster creation, but man he whiffed on keeping Allen. Still pains me to think they interviewed pederson and bierenmy and went with neither. If he wants Allen to stay another year, then I think he needs to go. If he agrees Allen needs to go and the saints need to just rebuild then I'd keep him for that process.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

indigi posted:

this is not ok.

You stole enough players from us, let me have this.

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

McDaniels is smarter than me but I clearly have more dongs so I'm taking a win in the 'ew' category :colbert:

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

YOLOsubmarine posted:

My biggest issue with Loomis is that he hired Dennis Allen and clearly bought into the idea that the Saints were just a QB away this year and that’s ultimately set the team back years. I’m generally happy with their drafts and roster construction so I don’t mind him getting another shot but those are really big mistakes to overlook.

I feel like they deserve a chance to find a QB and build. Otherwise the notion is it was all drew brees and payton. When it comes to GMs, bird in the hand is worth two in the bush. A lot of loving dogshit ones waiting for their chance to wreck a team for a long time.

trilljester
Dec 7, 2004

The People's Tight End.
It's me, Mike McDaniel. AMA

Mega64
May 23, 2008

trilljester posted:

Did Tua really laugh at McGruber after suffering a concussion, and did he ever laugh at it before suffering a concussion?

trilljester
Dec 7, 2004

The People's Tight End.

Mega64 posted:

Did Tua really laugh at McGruber after suffering a concussion, and did he ever laugh at it before suffering a concussion?

Tua laughed and said Coach put me in, I'm fine. And then he got concussed again.

Black Lighter
Sep 6, 2010

Just keep looking at what we're doing, keep watering and ask yourselves first and know 'Are you watering? And are you fertilizing every day?' So when it's time to pop, it'll pop.

trilljester posted:

Do you think Justin Fields not taking the coaching is an indictment of your motivational skills, or lack thereof?

Pontius Pilate
Jul 25, 2006

Crucify, Whale, Crucify

trilljester posted:

Wanna drink?

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

trilljester posted:

Give me a job.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

really queer Christmas posted:

Loomis is clearly still a good gm at drafting and roster creation, but man he whiffed on keeping Allen. Still pains me to think they interviewed pederson and bierenmy and went with neither. If he wants Allen to stay another year, then I think he needs to go. If he agrees Allen needs to go and the saints need to just rebuild then I'd keep him for that process.

True, but I understand the pick at the time. DA's defense was great back then, and we all knew that if he wasn't going to be the coach, he was leaving the team. In retrospect, oops.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

I'm dom capers

dingo with a joint
Jan 12, 2019

wrong cow

Cavauro posted:

I'm dom capers

i was recently reliably informed by TFF that you never lie, so i'm taking this on faith.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

Silly Burrito posted:

True, but I understand the pick at the time. DA's defense was great back then, and we all knew that if he wasn't going to be the coach, he was leaving the team. In retrospect, oops.

It was a signal that everyone wanted to pretend that the window wasn’t closed even though Brees and Payton were gone, which was absolutely the wrong attitude. Allen keeping Carmichael just further solidified the head in the sand approach.

It’s a league built on offense and the Saints desperately needed someone who could come in and revamp an offense that had no starting QB and a line that was progressively deteriorating.

And Allen sucked the first time he was a head coach. It was really predictable that he would suck again!

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Saints should have paid Dennis Allen decent money to be a fall guy while they blew up the team under him. Tragically the team still exploded but not in the cap and roster purging way.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

Barudak posted:

Saints should have paid Dennis Allen decent money to be a fall guy while they blew up the team under him. Tragically the team still exploded but not in the cap and roster purging way.

Pretty much. He’d have been fine as a caretaker while they churned the bad contracts and maybe he turns out to have learned something and puts together a decent team, but those morons let him try to win!

mllaneza
Apr 28, 2007

Veteran, Bermuda Triangle Expeditionary Force, 1993-1952

News: The only team over .500 that the Cowboys have beaten are the Eagles.

Views: fuckin' :lmao:

e.

More news: Two of the teams they lost to have a worse win/loss rate than they do, and the other one has the same.

More views: still :lmao:

mllaneza fucked around with this message at 03:42 on Dec 16, 2023

tinstaach
Aug 3, 2010

MAGNetic AttITUDE

kiimo posted:

You made everyone feel so special for a second or two with that link and I applaud you

:ssh: It's my only trick, without it I have nothing. I'm not gonna just start making good posts all of a sudden

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
News:
https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/1735733469076943213?s=20

Views:
:geno:

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.
Macgruber has the best sex scene in cinematic history wtf

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

trilljester
Dec 7, 2004

The People's Tight End.

Is his name prounced like a GIF or Jiff?