Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Borscht
Jun 4, 2011
Did you know that Ming Tsai married a girl named Polly so now she is Polly tsai?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

vortmax
Sep 24, 2008

In meteorology, vorticity often refers to a measurement of the spin of horizontally flowing air about a vertical axis.

Main Paineframe posted:

the civil courts are slow and take their time and do quite a bit to make sure everything's resolved properly and correctly even if it means having to wait a little while

"The Wheels of Justice grind slowly, but they do grind." - Ken White

Nelson Mandingo
Mar 27, 2005

Vampire Panties posted:

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2023/dec/16/alex-jones-55m-sandy-hook-families-billion-dollar-judgment

its probably smart on the parents to take the structured payment because they'll actually see it, but is it really going to be that cheap for AJ to buy his way out of this? :dafuq:

That's 3.7% of the total value. drat I wish I could make an offer of 3.7% of any debt I owe and feel that's an appropriate payment.

I can understand if they take the offer but I really hope they don't. Pay what you owe, bitch.

quote:

as for blowing all your money on a life of luxury just to spite the people you owe it to, look at how well that worked for Lowtax

Lowtax took the quick way out though on his own choice. I'm not sure how it would theoretically be the same with Alex.

Nelson Mandingo fucked around with this message at 01:40 on Dec 17, 2023

bawk
Mar 31, 2013

Main Paineframe posted:

when you owe someone one billion dollars, you literally can't drag out proceedings in hope that they'll run out of litigation money, because they can pay lawyers and debt collectors by promising them a cut of your money

as for blowing all your money on a life of luxury just to spite the people you owe it to, look at how well that worked for Lowtax

the civil courts are slow and take their time and do quite a bit to make sure everything's resolved properly and correctly even if it means having to wait a little while

did Lowtax not spend every dime and dollar he had before choosing his time to take a bong rip off a browning?

it's all well and good that american civil courts are underfunded and designed to waste a shitload of time, but instead of relitigating the best way to entirely restructure the courts system in a sane and efficient manner, I'd personally take the option of being able to personally make Alex Jones as uncomfortable as possible for the entire time they argue about how much money he does or does not have.

Twibbit
Mar 7, 2013

Is your refrigerator running?
First episode I am having trouble getting through. Might have to sit this one out because how angry Alex and more specifically Mario is making me.

Main Paineframe
Oct 27, 2010

bawk posted:

did Lowtax not spend every dime and dollar he had before choosing his time to take a bong rip off a browning?

it's all well and good that american civil courts are underfunded and designed to waste a shitload of time, but instead of relitigating the best way to entirely restructure the courts system in a sane and efficient manner, I'd personally take the option of being able to personally make Alex Jones as uncomfortable as possible for the entire time they argue about how much money he does or does not have.

nah, Lowtax spent every dime he had because he thought it was going to get him out of owing any money to his ex-wife

he shot himself after the judge informed him that his one weird trick to get out of child support not only didn't work, but actually hosed him over even harder. because family court judges are not stupid, and don't give any slack to dumbass dads who try to gently caress over their ex-wife and kid out of sheer spite

similarly, bankruptcy court judges aren't stupid either, and they hate it when people hide all their money and try to declare a fake bankruptcy. the civil courts aren't actually wasting time here at all. things are going slow because they're thoroughly investigating Jones' finances and FSS's cash flow, for the sake of finding all the money he's been trying to hide from the courts. this is a good thing, and we want them to do it right rather than trying to rush it through

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Vampire Panties posted:

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2023/dec/16/alex-jones-55m-sandy-hook-families-billion-dollar-judgment

its probably smart on the parents to take the structured payment because they'll actually see it, but is it really going to be that cheap for AJ to buy his way out of this? :dafuq:

A few million soon is better than maybe his heart explodes next year and you never get anything. Does anybody look at his beet red face and think he will still be alive in 10 years?

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl
wouldn't the judgment still have claim over his estate?

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Farmer Crack-rear end posted:

wouldn't the judgment still have claim over his estate?

Yeah, but his estate won't be a billion dollars.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Facebook Aunt posted:

A few million soon is better than maybe his heart explodes next year and you never get anything.

Him dying would not mean you never get anything, if anything it would make it easier for them to extract money from the estate because Alex would no longer be running interference.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic
I'm hearing "strap him into the juicer sooner rather than later'.
I don't give a flying gently caress about Alex's comfort. If I had my way he would be living on the street scrounging half eaten cans of Hormel chili out of trash cans between broadcasts while every cent he makes goes to the families.

Jean-Paul Shartre
Jan 16, 2015

this sentence no verb

Malachite_Dragon posted:

I'm hearing "strap him into the juicer sooner rather than later'.
I don't give a flying gently caress about Alex's comfort. If I had my way he would be living on the street scrounging half eaten cans of Hormel chili out of trash cans between broadcasts while every cent he makes goes to the families.

Which is totally fair for Alex Jones specifically. But rather problematic for 99.9% of folks going through bankruptcy. And so the guy who should be homeless and wearing a barrel is going through a system rightly designed to not leave people homeless and wearing barrels.

To be fair, have you looked at the man? Even if he’s hosed and fed, he ain’t happy.

Deptfordx
Dec 23, 2013

Facebook Aunt posted:

A few million soon is better than maybe his heart explodes next year and you never get anything. Does anybody look at his beet red face and think he will still be alive in 10 years?

Ten years seems optimistic looking at him and knowing his lifestyle.

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!

bird with big dick posted:

Him dying would not mean you never get anything, if anything it would make it easier for them to extract money from the estate because Alex would no longer be running interference.

In theory you get more money if he lives because he keeps selling weird brain supplements to racists. The money stops flowing once he dies because whoever takes over his place in the ecosystem doesn’t owe you anything. But in practice I think the families would also be happy with him shutting down (for whatever reason) even if it means less money for them.

Marsupial Ape
Dec 15, 2020
the mod team violated the sancity of my avatar

Deptfordx posted:

Ten years seems optimistic looking at him and knowing his lifestyle.

He’s also a narcassistic baby man who is enough of a coward to R Budd Dwyer himself on the show, one night. He’s too scared to face consequences, so he’ll control his own narrative in the most final, spineless way possible. Artless little gently caress.

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007
Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates

His next download will be fatal

Jestery
Aug 2, 2016

Not a Dickman, just a shape
Edit: wrong thread

Mercury_Storm
Jun 12, 2003

*chomp chomp chomp*

Upsidads posted:

His next download will be fatal

You know it would make a lot of sense if Jones was actually living in the Johnny Mnemonic movie reality

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

Jean-Paul Shartre posted:

There is a restaurant not that far from College Station, Texas, where Chicken Fried Bacon is on the appetiser menu. Just sayin’

*looks at map of Texas*

*looks at where I live*

... you gonna hook us up with the name for this joint, or... ?

*looks at time-stamp on your post*

Guess not. :(

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:

Frank Frank posted:

Lmao ok Elon. I’m sure letting the fatass beet-faced crazy person back on your site will fix everything

I thought Trump was done with twitter?

OB-GYN Kenobi
Dec 4, 2017
Making sure I post in here at least once. 2024 goals sort of thing. Don't mind me.

Deptfordx
Dec 23, 2013

You know you have to tell us if the Deep State sent you. :psyduck:

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

:ninja:
Gift for the grind, criminal mind shifty

Swift with the 9 through a 59FIFTY

Deptfordx posted:

You know you have to tell us if the Deep State sent you. :psyduck:

its intergalactic contract law!

Jean-Paul Shartre
Jan 16, 2015

this sentence no verb

I. M. Gei posted:

*looks at map of Texas*

*looks at where I live*

... you gonna hook us up with the name for this joint, or... ?

*looks at time-stamp on your post*

Guess not. :(

I mean I posted assuming we were mocking the idea of chicken frying everything, but yet again the internet lives up to itself.

Sodolak’s Original Country Inn in Snook.

ishikabibble
Jan 21, 2012

thanks steam

distributing quality games as ever and hosting a vibrant and respectful community

Rotten Red Rod
Mar 5, 2002

The best part about the game is you can finish it in less than an hour and get it refunded since you played < 2 hours

Foo Diddley
Oct 29, 2011

cat
is it more or less offensive than tyrone vs cops

i only got so much money in the video game budget

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

You see, but you do not observe.

Rotten Red Rod posted:

The best part about the game is you can finish it in less than an hour and get it refunded since you played < 2 hours

Seems like the best part would be that you don’t have to play it at all!

Rotten Red Rod
Mar 5, 2002

Fair.

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa

Comfy Fleece Sweater posted:

Seems like the best part would be that you don’t have to play it at all!

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

Rotten Red Rod posted:

Pirate it, then that way you're stealing money out of Jones' pocket AND inflicting self-harm on yourself!

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

Should be the twitter homepage image

Mercury_Storm
Jun 12, 2003

*chomp chomp chomp*
I wonder if the sandy hook families could eventually seize the rights to that game (or Infowars itself) like what happened with OJ's book.

Tree Dude
May 26, 2012

AND MY SONG IS...
https://www.pazlawllc.com/paz-law-l...fense-attorneys

lawl

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib
LMAOO

I would rather represent myself instead of using them.

Devor
Nov 30, 2004
Lurking more.

quote:

The merged firm will operate under the name Pattis & Paz, LLC

PP Law

Visions of Valerie
Jun 18, 2023

Come this autumn, we'll be miles away...

I am six years old and this is great

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!
I bet Norm thinks it’s pretty funny

The Bible
May 8, 2010

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KGAAhzreGWw

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ZeusCannon
Nov 5, 2009

BLAAAAAARGH PLEASE KILL ME BLAAAAAAAARGH
Grimey Drawer

Pirate Radar posted:

I bet Norm thinks it’s pretty funny

Someone should wake him up and tell him.