Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007
that doesn't seem that barbaric

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007
that word should be reserved for like cannibalism

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

It's not very barber-ic.

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

F_Shit_Fitzgerald posted:

It's not very barber-ic.

that's probably what they meant

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?

https://twitter.com/PhuzzyBond/status/1736845001353498855?s=20

Lmao

Clip-On Fedora
Feb 20, 2011

Bereaved Mother: Stop stealing my dead son’s cum you sick freaks

IDF: No this is for you

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Justin Tyme posted:

Preservation of sperm is gonna be some "bizarre practices of the genocidal Israeli regime" History Channel topic in the year 2080 like all those "Hitler was high on meth!" shows

it really is hosed up

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

10 out of 10

Centrist Committee
Aug 6, 2019

FuzzySlippers posted:

Nothing about the quality of life of the average American has anything to do with the finite resources of the empire. People don't have homes because there is a lack of homes. People don't have food because there's a lack of food. People don't freeze in the winter because there's a lack of energy.

Do you think there's a trickledown effect of Haliburton receiving sweetheart contracts in Iraq or something? The vast amount of material wealth is gobbled up by the top percent so that could be reduced many times over without any impact to the majority of Americans. This is like suggesting the national debt is real and preventing Biden from spending money on infrastructure. The allocation of resources is capricious in America and as it grows it's never a tide that lifts all boats.

The empire can fall and the powerful can decide to rip the losses out of the lower classes, but they are already doing this when the empire is rich so how does the status of the empire matter to that?

America is such an absurdly rich country it can self-sustain a high quality of life, but it doesn't mean that it would ever choose to do so.

FuzzySlippers posted:

Hillary having to flip on TPP because it was such an election drag was pretty funny. Biden had actually been working on TPP V2 and had to abandon it because of this conflict lol at these trade deals.

Let me state this empire wealth poo poo another way. Warren Buffet does not materially benefit from all his trailer park serfs. Yes, a number somewhere increases but nothing about the money even gives Buffet a bigger yacht. Buffet is not oppressing those people because it improves the quality of his life and he's selfish. He's just doing it because of bad wiring in his head.

When Americans get fat on fast food and watch netflix it is not a devil's deal in exchange for bombing people in the Middle East. They are not going to stop getting iphones because America abandons Israel. In the Snowpiercer metaphor of America, dead brown people are not the necessary grease for the train to continue running (it has its own poor to exploit for that). All the things that 99% of Americans say is necessary for a good life are not dependent on American foreign policy adventurism.

To get America to stop loving around abroad it is not necessary to convince joe average they need to take a QoL hit. The people most affected require multi-dimensional math to track their wealth and it will take mathomancers to notice the change in their finances. The reason America has any degree of comfort is not a direct resource transfer from the global periphery. Like Warren Buffet America gorges on all this wealth because it can and not because it needs to.

Again, this is very different from England in the 19th century where it was a cold lovely island. America is gigantic and absolutely bursting with resources. America already conquered many people (Native Americans) and took their land and wealth and can live fat on that for at least a few more generations.

That has nothing to do with what is required to maintain the average American QoL. The challenge China was dealing with was boosting their economy without all the devil's bargains the West did to industrialize in the first place.

this is burger posting imo.

the us standard of living is absolutely predicated on extraction from the periphery. your burgers and coffee come from the deforestation and immiseration of the global south. your trinkets assume cheap energy and cheap raw materials from all across the planet. all of this rests on us-controlled shipping lanes that are under assault right now. the us is big but it sold off all its industrial capacity years ago. it would take a communist revolution to bring that back.

Nix Panicus
Feb 25, 2007

'The system isn't designed to grind workers into dust to marginally increase the comfort of the people at the top, its just that the people at the top are coincidentally all psychopaths who grind workers into dust for fun' is a weird argument, because why do you think the top tiers of imperialism seem to be universally stuffed full of psychopaths? If we got rid of the current crop of psychopaths but left the system in place do you think everything would work out for the best? Do you believe the system is fundamentally good but bad people keep getting into positions of power somehow?

Sancho Banana
Aug 4, 2023

Not to be confused with meat.
The fact of the matter is, and I'm really just paraphrasing my previous post about this, is that the fruits of imperial exploitation are too interwoven into the foundation of the American economy to argue that all of that could just go away and Americans would barely be affected. The change that would be necessary to make the US fully self-sufficient without its empire is theoretically possible, but it won't happen overnight.

Centrist Committee
Aug 6, 2019

Sancho Banana posted:

The fact of the matter is, and I'm really just paraphrasing my previous post about this, is that the fruits of imperial exploitation are too interwoven into the foundation of the American economy to argue that all of that could just go away and Americans would barely be affected. The change that would be necessary to make the US fully self-sufficient without its empire is theoretically possible, but it won't happen overnight.

yep. whenever it feels like the big megathreads are converging this is why. it’s all about imperialism

Leandros
Dec 14, 2008

Clip-On Fedora posted:

Bereaved Mother: Stop stealing my dead son’s cum you sick freaks

IDF: No this is for you

Wait is this what the release said? I understood it to mean the parents have control over whether or not to tase the balls, and that the soldiers are not even informed about that potentially happening.

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

I switched to a safety razor and a 100-pack of blades last year so I wouldn't have to keep buying new disposables. It's nice.

Dokapon Findom
Dec 5, 2022

They hated Futanari because His posts were shit.

F_Shit_Fitzgerald posted:

It's not very barber-ic.

Ha!

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

God drat yemen owns. In awe of their interference w/ intl shipping

Ardennes
May 12, 2002

Sancho Banana posted:

Granted, at the same time, imperialism arguably would eat itself as well. It is true, Americans would be affected, not because they need resources from the rest of the world to survive but simply that they would be squeezed as never before by the ruling class.

That said, in terms of raw resources and even infrastructure, the US could easily survive on its own. Imperialism isn't a survival issue.

Ardennes has issued a correction as of 18:16 on Dec 19, 2023

dads friend steve
Dec 24, 2004

Leandros posted:

Wait is this what the release said? I understood it to mean the parents have control over whether or not to tase the balls, and that the soldiers are not even informed about that potentially happening.

this whole saga has been a very weird side story amid a horrific genocide.

that said, I couldn’t really make sense if the article either. I went in assuming it was active IOF not wanting the procedure and parents getting mad about their kids being informed and potentially able to opt out. But it’s too hosed up and confusing for me to follow

kazmeyer
Jul 26, 2001

'Cause we're the good guys.

gradenko_2000 posted:

I switched to a safety razor and a 100-pack of blades last year so I wouldn't have to keep buying new disposables. It's nice.

Do you have one of those demented old medicine cabinets where you drop the used razors into the wall cavity to form a giant pile of sharp rusty shitbox metal for some reno guy to deal with 40 years hence?

Strep Vote
May 5, 2004

أنا أحب حليب الشوكولاتة

SuperKlaus posted:

"Grand Wizard does not attack black folks to maintain hierarchical dominance. He's just doing it because he's a bad soul."

Desiring to maintain hierarchical dominance makes you a bad soul. We cultivate bad souls with the bad system, and they perpetuate each other.

dads friend steve
Dec 24, 2004

kazmeyer posted:

Do you have one of those demented old medicine cabinets where you drop the used razors into the wall cavity to form a giant pile of sharp rusty shitbox metal for some reno guy to deal with 40 years hence?

most double edge razors (at least all the ones I’ve bought) come in sub-packs of 5 or 10 and the plastic case doubles as the used disposal

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

dads friend steve posted:

most double edge razors (at least all the ones I’ve bought) come in sub-packs of 5 or 10 and the plastic case doubles as the used disposal

sounds disposable

Clip-On Fedora
Feb 20, 2011

Leandros posted:

That’s what understood it to mean. Of course I’m going by how I would expect a normal person to react in that situation. You may have the right of it though. At the very least more than a few parents seemed creeped out that their kids had no idea that Eli was coming for them once they kicked the bucket.

That line at the end from Dr. Kalhora is also super hosed up because it seems to imply that any child created from captured dead IDF sperm becomes the property of the state, not the parents, which is…uhhh…really something else

Lord of Pie
Mar 2, 2007

Looking forward to the revised Old Testament where all the Jewish characters are immaculately clean shaven to suit lib sensibilities

RedSky
Oct 30, 2023

Devastating that Hamas are keeping their hostages clean and well groomed.

Dokapon Findom
Dec 5, 2022

They hated Futanari because His posts were shit.
I wonder if any ships forced to re-route will run aground on the Skeleton Coast :ohdear:

Crazypoops
Jul 17, 2017

Ngl if I grow a beard it gets super itchy so I can confirm this is torture

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro

Burn Zone posted:

copying to this page

:siren: IF YOU WANT TO HELP PEOPLE IN GAZA GET ONLINE FOLLOW THESE STEPS :siren:

First, whatever you do....DO NOT ACTIVATE THE eSIM

1. Download an app where you can purchase an eSIM for Israel or the Middle East.

The top three needed right now are:

Nomad (Israel 20GB plan/$30 or Middle East 10GB plan/$32 – preferably ME)
Holafly (Israel - Price List by day, unlimited data)
Simly (select Middle East and use promo code ARB for a 25% discount – 6GB valid for 15 days, price before discount $35, after discount $26.25)

2. DO NOT ACTIVATE THE ESIM

3. Take a screenshot of the eSIM QR code. For Nomad, close the app after purchasing and screenshot the email with the QR code. Simly will display the QR code in the app after purchase. I haven't used Holafly yet, but I imagine it is similar.

4. After screenshotting the QR code, email it to gazaesims@gmail.com.

Only email to this address.
For the subject line, use "[CARRIER NAME] eSIM".

5. DTI DTA

If you're concerned this isn't legit, it is.

Here are some instructions on Twitter in case mine don't make sense.

https://twitter.com/AltruismAmber/status/1736550553700946377/

blessed

Lol

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

feels like a trap somehow ngl

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

i've seen so much, i'm going blind
and i'm brain dead virtually

College Slice

Crazypoops posted:

Ngl if I grow a beard it gets super itchy so I can confirm this is torture

do you condition your beard?

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

like by all means, maybe its something thats real but if i was going to scam a bunch of white people over the palestine-israel war id definitely do it in some untraceable way like this

double nine
Aug 8, 2013

brb gonna get my ears pierced at the artillery range

Sancho Banana
Aug 4, 2023

Not to be confused with meat.

Leandros posted:

The article is actually a little weird to try and understand in Hebrew too but after watching the video included with it plus another one from Kan news showing bits of the discussion, I think what's happening is that parents want their child to be automatically informed about the semen extraction upon enlistment to make sure they can sort everything out, safely take his sperm and know how to use it if he dies no matter what. Kan posted a bit where Omri's parents talk about wanting the procedure to be simpler and easier, as is mentioned in the article, which comes across as them wanting to avoid situations in which soldiers don't have their cum extracted or whatnot because they didn't fill out the paperwork.

Basically the Ministry of Defense doesn't want to give all troops the cum papers when they enlist whereas parents DO because it'll make the process smoother and ensure everyone has a chance to persevere their seed.

Sancho Banana has issued a correction as of 19:06 on Dec 19, 2023

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

:psyduck:

It's every stereotype about Canadian Jewish parents nagging "So, when can we expect grandchildren?" but they want they Army to do it for them, after you are KIA, by electrically stimulating your prostate.

If half of these soldiers were single, who is going to bear and raise their children anyways? Do you, or rather your parents, get presented with a Nice Jewish Girl by a grateful nation for your sacrifice as well?

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

Frosted Flake posted:

It's every stereotype about Canadian Jewish parents nagging "So, when can we expect grandchildren?" but they want they Army to do it for them, after you are KIA, by electrically stimulating your prostate.

If half of these soldiers were single, who is going to bear and raise their children anyways? Do you, or rather your parents, get presented with a Nice Jewish Girl by a grateful nation for your sacrifice as well?

canadians? forced impregnation????? you got a lexx goin son

Bear Retrieval Unit
Nov 5, 2009

Mudslide Experiment

Sancho Banana posted:

Kan posted a bit where Omri's parents talk about wanting the procedure to be simpler and easier, as is mentioned in the article, which comes across as them wanting to avoid situations in which soldiers don't have their cum extracted or whatnot because they didn't fill out the paperwork.

my child's corpse wasn't defiled because of drat government bureaucracy :bahgawd:

Cpt_Obvious
Jun 18, 2007

Capitalism grinds the workers into dust but in doing so motivates the workers to overthrow it. Imperialism exports the suffering, grinds people far away from the core of the empire so when they fight back it's easier to quash and has less impact on the empire itself.

When the empire begins to retract, it has nowhere to export that suffering so it just comes home. And with that suffering comes unrest in the imperial core which we are currently seeing.

Ramie
Mar 2, 2021

Al! posted:

like by all means, maybe its something thats real but if i was going to scam a bunch of white people over the palestine-israel war id definitely do it in some untraceable way like this

https://twitter.com/Hind_Gaza/status/1718755140738461903

seems pretty legit, and people have been funneling effort into it for a while, artists doing fundraising commissions and donating the proceeds to esim funds, and the like

there was a hiccup a few weeks ago iirc where one of the providers was blocking foreign purchases but things seem to have stabilized now

tristeham
Jul 31, 2022
SINK THE CARRIERS

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Frosted Flake posted:

That isn't just a Canadian Jewish thing, my grandma also did this (and her branch is less "stereotypically Jewish" than most of my Jewish extended family). Granted she did it partially as a self-aware joke (except she was also at least somewhat serious).