Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
how long does trump go to jail for?
life
no jail time
elected president from a jail cell
goku
View Results

UFOTacoMan
Sep 22, 2005

Thanks easter bunny!
bok bok!

Bethamphetamine posted:

Mike Johnson is/was a evangelical Purity Ball freak

quote:

A German TV news outlet showed House Speaker Mike Johnson (R-LA) at a "purity ball" in 2015 with his daughter Hannah, who was 13 years old at the time, ABC News reported on Wednesday.

"The German news segment documented Johnson and his family preparing for and then attending a purity ball, a controversial formal dance event, popular among some conservative Christians, that gained notoriety in the early 2000s," reported Will Steakin. "At a typical event, fathers and their teenage daughters dress in formal ball attire for a night that involves dinner and dancing and culminates with the daughter signing a pledge of her virginity to her father, to abstain from dating, and to remain sexually abstinent until marriage."

"This looks like a wedding," said the original reporter in German during the news segment on n-tv in 2015. "But they are not bride and groom -- but rather father and ... daughter."
https://i.imgur.com/w8Go0cC.mp4

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007

UFOTacoMan
Sep 22, 2005

Thanks easter bunny!
bok bok!

*gets food out*

time to eat....you hungry little man?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0ZcZVugtF6w&t=59s

I'm the bus driver in the reflection

DryGoods
Apr 26, 2014

Dogs, on the other hand, can connect with that pathos.
Christmas Vacation is now almost 50 Years Old.

Find a film reference from this Millennium, please.
Thanks,
DrYGoods.

Greg Legg
Oct 6, 2004

UFOTacoMan posted:

*gets food out*

time to eat....you hungry little man?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0ZcZVugtF6w&t=59s

I'm the bus driver in the reflection

lol

Rubellavator
Aug 16, 2007

Bethamphetamine posted:

"One of the primary purposes of the law in civil government is to restrain evil," Johnson said on one radio show in 2010, according to CNN. "We have to acknowledge collectively that man is inherently evil and needs to be restrained."

Johnson echoed that language in the German TV segment.

"There are predators out there, and there are prey," Johnson, dressed in a tuxedo, said in an interview at the purity ball, adding that he hopes his daughter will "try and steer clear of the wolves like that."

these dudes are always telling on themselves

SomethingBeautiful
Oct 22, 2008

Some celestial event. No- no words. No words to describe it. Poetry! They should have sent a poet. So beautiful. So beautiful... I had no idea

Greg Legg posted:

I haven't really looked into the details of January 6 too closely.

an old lady waved a flag, a guy tazed himself in the balls, i think someone may have poo poo om a desk?

it was the gravest threat our democracy has ever seen

Fuckt Tupp
Apr 19, 2007

Science

Bethamphetamine posted:

He even rewound the broadcast to enjoy the particularly violent parts over and over

:yooge: shaman man, u hit that capitol police officer good!

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

:harambe:

Lpzie posted:

wife asked whyeverytime she sees the 2nd monitor there a fat buff guy on it

Dont take any more photos of me

CaptainBeefart
Mar 28, 2016

SomethingBeautiful posted:

an old lady waved a flag, a guy tazed himself in the balls, i think someone may have poo poo om a desk?

Only one of these is false... Can you guess which one?

kaleedity
Feb 27, 2016

CaptainBeefart posted:

Only one of these is false... Can you guess which one?

that's right. a guy didn't taze himself in the balls; he tazed himself in the balls to death

CaptainBeefart
Mar 28, 2016

kaleedity posted:

that's right. a guy didn't taze himself in the balls; he tazed himself in the balls to death

Wrong, but I like the way you reframed it.

Knight
Dec 23, 2000

SPACE-A-HOLIC
Taco Defender

DryGoods posted:

Christmas Vacation is now almost 50 Years Old.

Find a film reference from this Millennium, please.
Thanks,
DrYGoods.

quote:

United States
December 1, 1989
"almost"

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

The return to office propaganda push is really kicking into high gear

the milk machine
Jul 23, 2002

lick my keys

Ben Nerevarine posted:

maybe mainlining pure hate via twitter for hours a days has some undesirable side effects, like seeing hatred in places it doesn’t exist

but I’m no doctor

yeah

Harton
Jun 13, 2001

this is a stupid thing to be obsessed with

piss guzzler 420
Dec 25, 2022

lmao

Scarabrae
Oct 7, 2002

domo arigato mrs. aborto

Buddykins
Feb 12, 2011

Inspector Hound posted:

gently caress:

You
Me
Cops
It
Everything

Harton
Jun 13, 2001

lmao isn’t this a snuff gif?

Bethamphetamine
Oct 29, 2012

Harton posted:

Not if they add the Zelda ran-out-of-stamina GIF

WrasslorMonkey
Mar 5, 2012

Harton posted:

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007

Aino Minako
Dec 16, 2007

Perpetual rage elemental

:05 sound

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j5h3-svAs5U&t=5s

WrasslorMonkey
Mar 5, 2012

https://i.imgur.com/vpeLPOG.mp4

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

Wow

Bethamphetamine
Oct 29, 2012

TROOF

The last time the Democrats took someone off the ballot was in 1860 - They would not allow a man named Abraham Lincoln to be so much as mentioned in “Slave States.” Gateway Pundit

crime fighting hog
Jun 29, 2006

I only pray, Heaven knows when to lift you out

Oh my god

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

Strepitoso. Vedete? Una meraviglia.

Bethamphetamine posted:

TROOF

The last time the Democrats took someone off the ballot was in 1860 - They would not allow a man named Abraham Lincoln to be so much as mentioned in “Slave States.” Gateway Pundit

wow

CaptainBeefart
Mar 28, 2016

Bethamphetamine posted:

TROOF

Lol

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Shifty Nipples posted:

Nothing in this says don't edit posts lmfao.

So you've been made an IK? A How To Guide:

What is an IK?
Long story short it's a Mod that can't read the Reports Forum. It stands for Idiot King. You will have all the same buttons Mods do and have the ability to help make your Forum or Thread readable and enjoyable for everyone.

Why me?
At some point in your SA Posting History, you have shown yourself to have a level head, have a history of being a calming voice, make funny and or informative posts, and most importantly, figured out how to use the post button. Because of that you've been asked to be an IK for a Forum or Thread.

What are my responsibilities?
When you are an IK you will be charged with doing basically what you are doing now: Reading posts and continue being you. Your duties include moderating active discussions and making sure they stay within your Forums Rules and the overall SA Rules. You should be able and willing to step in if things are getting out of hand and calm them down. You should also give probations to people if needed and use your best judgement to keep your forum a place for discussion that everyone can take part in. You will also be expected to keep the lines of communication open with your Forum's Mods and be willing to have a discussions with them about your modding.

How do I do that?
The biggest tool you have in your arsenal is your voice. The ability to go in and get a thread back on track with just a post will be the most effective thing you can do. Sometimes it wont be enough but it should always be the first thing you try. If it comes to it you will have the ability to probe users or close threads.

Button Pushing 101

When you are made an IK, these buttons will start showing on users posts in your forum. (Note, if you have previously agreed to IK a single thread, you will have buttons in the entire Forum, but should only use them in the place you have been assigned)

When you click Probation you will get this screen:

Use the drop down to select length. (As an IK, 6 hour probations are auto accepted)
Fill both boxes in with clear reasons. Be specific.
Hit submit and an Admin will review it and approve or deny.

The Ban Screen will look similar to the probation window and always require Admin Review.

The Title Change button is also self explanatory. Every title queued will be Admin reviewed. Do not abuse title changes and do not use your buttons to give unlimited Title Changes to people.

Title Blank is used in case a user has a NSFW image or slur in their title. When you click it and submit it, the avatar will be blanked and go under Admin review.

Lastly, Platinum will submit a request to give a user the Platinum account upgrade, used in times you need to PM a user. This is a helpful tool for getting in-touch with a user if you cannot find another way. It requires admin review, so please be clear on your reasons for using it.

Thread Changes
At the top of threads in your forum you will also have these buttons:

They each do exactly what they say.
Moving Threads is the only one that comes with a note: Always ask a Mod of the forum you are sending it to before you move a thread.

Last Words
Thank you for volunteering to IK your little corner of the Forums. If you have any questions, please feel free to contact the Mod of your forum, an Admin, or even any other Mod for advice. It is appreciated the time you put in to make your forum readable and enjoyable for everyone. You are not required to read every single thing posted. Do your best, do what you can, and keep being the user that stood out enough to be asked in the first place. You are a star.

Here is the what is supposed to be sent to IKs:

Latest IK Rules posted:

So you've been made an IK? A How To Guide:

What is an IK?
It stands for Idiot King; on SA it's a Mod that can't read the Reports Forum, IKs have all the same buttons as mods.

Why me?
At some point in your SA Posting History, you have shown yourself to have a level head, have a history of being a calming voice, make funny and or informative posts, and most importantly, figured out how to use the post button. Because of that you've been asked to be an IK for a Forum or Thread.

What are my responsibilities?
When you are an IK you will be charged with doing basically what you are doing now: Reading posts and continue being you. Your duties include moderating active discussions and making sure they stay within your Forums Rules and the overall SA Rules. You should be able and willing to step in if things are getting out of hand and calm them down. You should also give probations to people if needed and use your best judgement to keep your forum a place for discussion that everyone can take part in. You will also be expected to keep the lines of communication open with your Forum's Mods and other posters and be willing to have a discussions with them about your modding.

How do I do that?
The biggest tool you have in your arsenal is your voice. The ability to go in and get a thread back on track with just a post will be the most effective thing you can do. Sometimes it wont be enough but it should always be the first thing you try. If it comes to it you will have the ability to probe users or close threads.

-------------------------------------------------------------

Button Pushing 101

When you are made an IK, these buttons will start showing on users posts in your forum. (Note, if you have previously agreed to IK a single thread, your buttons will only be available in that thread.)

When you click Probation you will get this screen:

Use the drop down to select length. (As an IK, 6 hour probations are auto accepted)
Fill both boxes in with clear reasons. Be specific.
Hit submit and an Admin will review it and approve or deny.

The Ban Screen will look similar to the probation window and always require Admin Review.

The Title Change button is also self explanatory. Every title queued will be Admin reviewed. Do not abuse title changes and do not use your buttons to give unlimited Title Changes to people.

Title Blank is used in case a user has a NSFW image, slurs, or bigoted language in their title. When you click it and submit it, the avatar will be blanked and go under Admin review.

Lastly, Platinum will submit a request to give a user the Platinum account upgrade, used in times you need to PM a user. This is a helpful tool for getting in-touch with a user if you cannot find another way. It requires admin review, so please be clear on your reasons for using it.

Thread Changes
At the top of threads you IK, you will also have these buttons:

They each do exactly what they say.
Moving Threads is the only one that comes with a note: Always ask a Mod of the forum you are sending it to before you move a thread.

User Post Edits
Your IK powers also give you the ability to edit any posts in your space. The only edits that should ever be made are to remove/spoiler NSFW, or to remove Doxxing and things that fall under our Mental health policy HERE. Do not edit others posts without a good reason and making a record of what you changed somewhere. A good way to do that is click the report button on the post and put what you are editing out into the reason. If a report is unavailable and the info is not PI, the mod notes section in the probation also works. You can also copy the post exactly in a PM with any of the admins and send it that way if there are no other good options. If you are unsure of a situation, immediately contact a mod or admin and let them handle it.

Last Words
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact the Mod of your forum, an Admin, or even any other Mod for advice. You are not required to read every single thing posted. Do your best, do what you can, and keep being the user that stood out enough to be asked in the first place.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Bethamphetamine posted:

TROOF

Lol

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Vox Nihili posted:

:thurman:

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Vox Nihili posted:

If you centralize that document you don't have to worry about people passing around old versions

Come on this is organization management 101

CaptainBeefart
Mar 28, 2016

Vox Nihili posted:

Lol

WrasslorMonkey
Mar 5, 2012

... are you telling me posts don't have a loving edit history?

Shifty Nipples
Apr 8, 2007

lost my buttons through no fault of my own :sad:

Fuckt Tupp
Apr 19, 2007

Science

WrasslorMonkey posted:

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

WrasslorMonkey posted:

That would take precious extra rows in the database and tens of lines of code changes

The forum ain't made of money

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

Buddykins posted:

havent seen TD in a bit. hope they are okay.

also axgrap and the dome