Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

NachtSieger
Apr 10, 2013

I just began a couple of days ago and just hit Trailblaze Level 34 and immediately shot up to E5 Preservation Trailblazer :toot:. I have read no guides at all for this game and I'm trucking along as best I can.

I pulled Silver Wolf one or two days ago and I'm pleased as punch.

Do y'all have any advice for a newbie? I'm everything starved.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

qbert
Oct 23, 2003

It's both thrilling and terrifying.

NachtSieger posted:

I just began a couple of days ago and just hit Trailblaze Level 34 and immediately shot up to E5 Preservation Trailblazer :toot:. I have read no guides at all for this game and I'm trucking along as best I can.

I pulled Silver Wolf one or two days ago and I'm pleased as punch.

Do y'all have any advice for a newbie? I'm everything starved.

- Don't spread your resources too thin. Focus on building 1 team really well at first, with the eventual goal of 2 teams total (for endgame MoC). I would start looking at who you have in your roster and who you like playing with, and then look up good team compositions for those characters so you start thinking about who you're going to invest in long-term.

- You don't need to max out all your traces right away (I still haven't on any of my level 80 characters). The resource requirements at the higher levels gets very steep and you're going to be short on all resources at some point. I do recommend unlocking all the Bonus traces on your team though as those are usually huge buffs that are sometimes character-defining.

- Do 3 Echoes of War every week because they're the only resource in the game that's time-gated.

- Always do whatever double reward event is going on, even if you don't need the materials. Reason being is that you still get double xp, and at some point you'll just be in a lull waiting to get to the next TB relevant level. Also, always level up your team to max level/LC whenever you reach a new TB breakpoint. Just makes the game easier for yourself.

- Save your self-modeling resins. They're very rare and will save you a ton of farming time later if you use them wisely.

qbert fucked around with this message at 20:00 on Dec 21, 2023

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Excelzior posted:

Why did you ask us what to do with your energy exactly

I ask because I'm actually curious if there's a better way. I have four 4 stars at level 60 that I want to take to 80. I have 2 level 30 light cones that I want to take to 80. I have 3 or 4 characters to go from 70 to 80. I have 11 characters that I want to take between 1-4 traces to level 10. And they all need to be geared or to get better gear.

Should I do levels and Stagnant Shadow first, then traces and light cones? Should I wait to do relics until everything else is done first? Does it matter?

These aren't hypothetical future characters I'm saving for. These are characters currently in my roster that I want to use or make better.

qbert posted:

Agreed. Seems like the most efficient way to go rather than have a bunch of mats sitting unused in your inventory for some hypothetical future character.

I still think it's worth farming every week since it's the only upgrade material in the game that is time-gated.

That's true, but I literally don't need it. There's only 1 light cone from the shop that I care about getting a final dupe for, and that's Breakfast. I'll be able to buy that after the next reset. The relic xp is nearly worthless. I need new and better relics than I do leveling what I have. And I have 30+ trace mats from each of them. Looking at all of the traces I want to level, I'm likely to have a surplus when I'm done. Maybe I'll need to grind Phantyllia a few more times, but we'll be in 2.1 by then at my current pace.

Genovera
Feb 13, 2014

subterranean
space pterodactyls

Bad Video Games posted:

Because I actually need all of that.

Argenti is level 78 with 8/9/9 traces and 2 side traces. That's around 1.4 million credits and 74 purple mats.

Then I have Quinque and Herta. And 8 more characters I want to finish.

And I just put together an S5 Cogs for Tingyun and Hanya to share. Need to level that, and a couple Nihility cones.

And I always need better gear. I have Topaz in Attack boots because they finish her set and have great substats. I don't even have a pair of Speed boots with better subs. And she has a lovely Attack rope with no crit because it rolled 7 Speed.

The only thing I don't farm is the Echoes of War. There's no point until I start needing the mats again.

Ah, I figured it was just for future purposes since it was contrasted with whatever you need. That's fine, but I'd focus on finishing one character at a time to an acceptable standard.

What I mean is, as my whole roster improves, newly built characters have to reach a higher standard to actually be helpful. I have something like 10 characters at 80 with an appropriate 80 cone, 5/8/8/8 traces with all stat traces (full traces in the case of my main DPSes Blade and Topaz), and relics of the correct set and main stat combo at 15. Then I also have a few more missing a trace or with a relic or two at 12. So the new characters need to get to that level before I start another one. Sometimes after finishing a new character I take a break to farm better substats for whoever needs them the most.

Splitting your resources across several at the same time gets you to the same end result as focusing on one and then the next, but in the meantime it's much less useful to have two mediocre characters than one strong character. It's not a matter of efficiency so much as focus.

Genovera
Feb 13, 2014

subterranean
space pterodactyls

Bad Video Games posted:

I ask because I'm actually curious if there's a better way. I have four 4 stars at level 60 that I want to take to 80. I have 2 level 30 light cones that I want to take to 80. I have 3 or 4 characters to go from 70 to 80. I have 11 characters that I want to take between 1-4 traces to level 10. And they all need to be geared or to get better gear.

Should I do levels and Stagnant Shadow first, then traces and light cones? Should I wait to do relics until everything else is done first? Does it matter?

Basically what I'm saying with my previous post is no, it doesn't matter, all that matters is that this is all for the same character. Because they're not usable until they're better than your existing teams and to do that they need all of those things.

Note this is a bit different for new players without a deep bench, though focusing is helpful to them also.

NachtSieger
Apr 10, 2013

qbert posted:

- Don't spread your resources too thin. Focus on building 1 team really well at first, with the eventual goal of 2 teams total (for endgame MoC). I would start looking at who you have in your roster and who you like playing with, and then look up good team compositions for those characters so you start thinking about who you're going to invest in long-term.

- You don't need to max out all your traces right away (I still haven't on any of my level 80 characters). The resource requirements at the higher levels gets very steep and you're going to be short on all resources at some point. I do recommend unlocking all the Bonus traces on your team though as those are usually huge buffs that are sometimes character-defining.

- Do 3 Echoes of War every week because they're the only resource in the game that's time-gated.

- Always do whatever double reward event is going on, even if you don't need the materials. Reason being is that you still get double xp, and at some point you'll just be in a lull waiting to get to the next TB relevant level. Also, always level up your team to max level/LC whenever you reach a new TB breakpoint. Just makes the game easier for yourself.

- Save your self-modeling resins. They're very rare and will save you a ton of farming time later if you use them wisely.

So the characters I have are: E5 Preservation Trailblazer, E0 March 7th, E0 Silver Wolf, E0 Qingque, E0 Clara, E3 Lynx, E1 Hook, E2 Asta, E0 Serval, E1 Herta, E1 Dan Heng, E2 Arlan, E1 Natasha, E0 Guinaifen, and E0 Luka.

Of these, the first 8 are the ones I actually care about. Serval, Herta, Dan Heng, and Arlan don't look good. Natasha, Guinaifen, and Luka look decent but I haven't really touched them so I'm not wholly sure what to do with them.

My main team that I use for as much as I can though, is Preservation Trailblazer, March 7th, Silver Wolf, and Qingque. I want to max them out :V

I don't know what MoC is :shobon:.

And I have no idea what a self-modeling resin is! But I'll keep an eye oout for them and save them.

NachtSieger fucked around with this message at 20:19 on Dec 21, 2023

Genovera
Feb 13, 2014

subterranean
space pterodactyls

Bad Video Games posted:

The relic xp is nearly worthless. I need new and better relics than I do leveling what I have.

Is every relic on every character you use level 15? If not, you need more relic exp. Level the bad relics and then feed them into better relics later, you're just leaving power on the table if they're not 15. Substats are great but leveling increases the mainstat too.

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

I am focused on one character at a time. I'm not doing Stagnant Shadow at the moment because Argenti is at his final ascension. That energy goes into a second Cavern run because relics are eternal. I just have a list.

I'm just curious if it's faster to focus on 1 aspect of a character at a time or if it doesn't matter.

For instance, Herta is level 60. Is it faster to grind all of her Stagnant Shadow mats for her last 2 ascensions, and then her levels, then her traces? Or do you get to the finish line at the same time if you do a bit of each every day?

qbert
Oct 23, 2003

NachtSieger posted:

So the characters I have are: E5 Preservation Trailblazer, E0 March 7th, E0 Silver Wolf, E0 Qingque, E0 Clara, E3 Lynx, E1 Hook, E2 Asta, E0 Serval, E1 Herta, E1 Dan Heng, E2 Arlan, E1 Natasha, E0 Guinaifen, and E0 Luka.

Of these, the first 8 are the ones I actually care about. Serval, Herta, Dan Heng, and Arlan don't look good. Natasha, Guinaifen, and Luka look decent but I haven't really touched them so I'm not wholly sure what to do with them.

My main team that I use for as much as I can though, is Preservation Trailblazer, March 7th, Silver Wolf, and Qingque. I want to max them out :V

I don't know what MoC is :shobon:.

And I have no idea what a self-modeling resin is! But I'll keep an eye oout for them and save them.

MoC is Memory of Chaos and it's an endgame activity. It, and other Forgotten Hall events will eventually require two separate teams to complete.

Self-modeling resin is an item that will let you create a 5-star relic of your choice with the main stat of your choice. Endgame, you'll just be grinding a ton of relics to try and get the best piece for every slot for your teams, and that starts with getting at least the ideal main stat of each type in each slot.

Given your current roster, I would probably replace Hook with Natasha in your top 8. Reason being is that you only have 2 healers: Lynx and Natasha, and each team will need one. If you eventually can replace Natasha with another healer (Bailu, Huohuo, Luocha, or Fu Xuan) that would be great but for now that's what you have to work with.

Play with whoever you like, but I think the strongest team you can make with what you have is probably Qingque, Silver Wolf, ???, Lynx. That would be pseudo mono-Quantum, Qingque is great as a hypercarry, and the ??? can be another support like Asta.

2nd team could probably have Clara as the main DPS, along with March 7th, ???, and Natasha. The ??? could be another sub-DPS or a support like Guinaifen.

These are just my suggestions and you should play with whoever you like, of course.

qbert fucked around with this message at 20:33 on Dec 21, 2023

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Genovera posted:

Is every relic on every character you use level 15? If not, you need more relic exp. Level the bad relics and then feed them into better relics later, you're just leaving power on the table if they're not 15. Substats are great but leveling increases the mainstat too.

With everyone I use, yes.

I think we're having 2 different conversations here. I can clear all content in the game, I have almost a dozen level 80 characters, and all of my dps and sustain have level 15 gold relics in the right sets and mainstats.

This isn’t about getting stronger for harder content. This is about getting to play with other characters I have ignored, and what is the fastest approach to getting their levels and traces into a usable state.

qbert
Oct 23, 2003

Edit: hit quote instead of edit.

NachtSieger
Apr 10, 2013

qbert posted:

MoC is Memory of Chaos and it's an endgame activity. It, and other Forgotten Hall events will eventually require two separate teams to complete.

Self-modeling resin is an item that will let you create a 5-star relic of your choice with the main stat of your choice. Endgame, you'll just be grinding a ton of relics to try and get the best piece for every slot for your teams, and that starts with getting at least the ideal main stat of each type in each slot.

Given your current roster, I would probably replace Hook with Natasha in your top 8. Reason being is that you only have 2 healers: Lynx and Natasha, and each team will need one. If you eventually can replace Natasha with another healer (Bailu, Huohuo, Luocha, or Fu Xuan) that would be great but for now that's what you have to work with.

Play with whoever you like, but I think the strongest team you can make with what you have is probably Qingque, Silver Wolf, ???, Lynx. That would be pseudo mono-Quantum, Qingque is great as a hypercarry, and the ??? can be another support like Asta.

2nd team could probably have Clara as the main DPS, along with March 7th, ???, and Natasha. The ??? could be another sub-DPS or a support like Guinaifen.

These are just my suggestions and you should play with whoever you like, of course.

1) I got it. I'll watch out for MoC/FH later. I've dabbled a bit in the latter but I'm only at World 3, and haven't looked at 4 and beyond.

2) Self-Modeling Resin sounds quite good. I'll make sure to try and grab and hoard them, then.

3) Alright, I'll raise Natasha up. Should I use my stocked Starlight (I have 256 currently) to buy a Natasha eidolon?

4) For the Qingque/Silver Wolf/Lynx team, who would I use as a tank? Lynx, or the mystery 4th member?

5) Clara and March together doesn't feel like a great combo, since March's ult freezes and that means less chances for Clara to Svarog counter? Or is that kind of minor in the long run?

6) The suggestions are helpful, if nothing else!

Genovera
Feb 13, 2014

subterranean
space pterodactyls

Bad Video Games posted:

With everyone I use, yes.

I think we're having 2 different conversations here. I can clear all content in the game, I have almost a dozen level 80 characters, and all of my dps and sustain have level 15 gold relics in the right sets and mainstats.

This isn’t about getting stronger for harder content. This is about getting to play with other characters I have ignored, and what is the fastest approach to getting their levels and traces into a usable state.

I guess I'm just confused about what you were asking.

It doesn't matter -- how could it? Unless there is a double event you get the same resources each time you spend stamina. The order in which you spend stamina is irrelevant.

qbert
Oct 23, 2003

NachtSieger posted:

1) I got it. I'll watch out for MoC/FH later. I've dabbled a bit in the latter but I'm only at World 3, and haven't looked at 4 and beyond.

2) Self-Modeling Resin sounds quite good. I'll make sure to try and grab and hoard them, then.

3) Alright, I'll raise Natasha up. Should I use my stocked Starlight (I have 256 currently) to buy a Natasha eidolon?

4) For the Qingque/Silver Wolf/Lynx team, who would I use as a tank? Lynx, or the mystery 4th member?

5) Clara and March together doesn't feel like a great combo, since March's ult freezes and that means less chances for Clara to Svarog counter? Or is that kind of minor in the long run?

6) The suggestions are helpful, if nothing else!

1) You might be confusing Forgotten Hall with Simulated Universe. SU has Worlds, FH does not. FH is accessed from inside the Astral Express.

3) No, DO NOT use that Starlight for Eidolons. That's the rare one and should almost always be used for the 5-star LCs available, as they're some of the best in the game (the Bronya one especially or maybe the Clara one if she ends up being one of your Top 8).

4) You wouldn't have a tank, as Lynx is there to heal. Lynx's heal can draw aggro to Qingque I believe. If you feel more comfortable with a tank, you could have your Preservation MC be the 4th.

5) Clara and March are great together because Clara draws all the aggro with her Ult so March can just Shield up Clara and the team is then very hard to kill. March freezing enemies is minor in the long run. Another benefit of leveling up March is that she's actually AMAZING in Swarm Disaster, which is an endgame Simulated Universe thing that you'll do later.

GoodluckJonathan
Oct 31, 2003

NachtSieger posted:

3. No, no, nononono no. Save for a top tier 4*, a game changing LC, or just use on pulls.

5. M7 is one of two characters that can increase another's threat. Clara wants everyone to be attacking her constantly so M7's shield is great for that. The ult is a panic button " stop attacking so I have time to heal up, plz and ty"

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Genovera posted:

I guess I'm just confused about what you were asking.

It doesn't matter -- how could it? Unless there is a double event you get the same resources each time you spend stamina. The order in which you spend stamina is irrelevant.

I didn't know. That's why I asked.

For example, it takes 28 mats to ascend from level 70 to level 80. 1 Stagnant Shadow run a day will take you 6 days, or you can do it all in 1 day. Either way, you've spent 180 energy. So is one way faster than the other, if the goal is to reach level 80?

That's what I thought I was asking.

Mix.
Jan 24, 2021

Huh? What?

All I care about in regards to future characters is if they're going to make Duke Inferno playable :argh:

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS

Bad Video Games posted:

Not worth it for me. I'd rather use that energy for other things.

Echo of War is quite literally the most efficient usage of energy in the game for anyone that's why it's limited per week.

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled
I don't know why you'd even remotely care about efficiency if you're at the "I can clear all the content and have multiple developed teams and I'm just leveling random suboptimal stuff I don't need for funsies" stage of account development. Feels like wasted brain power.

I don't need anything in particular on my account right now so I'm just stockpiling every trace material equally during double calyx events so any character I happen to pull will be well supplied.

Kanos fucked around with this message at 21:30 on Dec 21, 2023

Genovera
Feb 13, 2014

subterranean
space pterodactyls

Bad Video Games posted:

I didn't know. That's why I asked.

For example, it takes 28 mats to ascend from level 70 to level 80. 1 Stagnant Shadow run a day will take you 6 days, or you can do it all in 1 day. Either way, you've spent 180 energy. So is one way faster than the other, if the goal is to reach level 80?

That's what I thought I was asking.

Ah okay. No they're equivalent. I prefer to do one goal at a time (character to 80 so exp and ascensions, then their cone to 80, then their traces, then their relics) only because it's easier to mash repeat than teleport around to all the different things. Also it's easier for me to remember what I'm doing. But someone else may enjoy the variety more.

Events are the only thing to consider, since if I'm remembering right they have never given ascension mats or relics as a reward, but they have given character exp, cone exp, and trace mats. I guess relic pieces plus resin is kind of like a relic reward? Usually the trace mats match whichever new 5* is on the banner but sometimes like with the photo event you get some of each. You could prioritize ascension mats and relics first for that reason. I don't worry about that because I seem to burn through all my stuff quickly enough anyway, except for character exp.

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Kanos posted:

I don't know why you'd even remotely care about efficiency if you're at the "I can clear all the content and have multiple developed teams and I'm just leveling random suboptimal stuff I don't need for funsies" stage of account development. Feels like wasted brain power.

Mostly because I'm impatient and want to play with other toys now.

Genovera posted:

Ah okay. No they're equivalent. I prefer to do one goal at a time (character to 80 so exp and ascensions, then their cone to 80, then their traces, then their relics) only because it's easier to mash repeat than teleport around to all the different things. Also it's easier for me to remember what I'm doing. But someone else may enjoy the variety more.

Events are the only thing to consider, since if I'm remembering right they have never given ascension mats or relics as a reward, but they have given character exp, cone exp, and trace mats. I guess relic pieces plus resin is kind of like a relic reward? Usually the trace mats match whichever new 5* is on the banner but sometimes like with the photo event you get some of each. You could prioritize ascension mats and relics first for that reason. I don't worry about that because I seem to burn through all my stuff quickly enough anyway, except for character exp.

That's good to know. I mostly spread everything out so I don't get bored just grinding one thing for days on end, but I was afraid that was slowing my progress. If I could build a character in 7 days instead of 10 or something like that.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

qbert posted:

I, like NachtSieger, just started a couple days ago–TB28–and as I'm approaching the next Ascension level, I'm starting to consider what my first team is really going to be going forward in the story and eventually endgame.

Here's what I'm working with:

My first thought is Welt/SW/Lynx/either TB or Gepard. It'd be a team focused heavily on survival with both Lynx and a Preservation and no strictly dedicated DPS (Welt would be the biggest damage dealer), so the fights would be slow–fine for story, but if I run into "do this in X cycles" fights I'd be hurting, and that amount of survival might be overkill anyway.

In which case, another damage dealer or buffer might be preferable to the Preservation character. Asta, QQ, Tingyun or Dan Heng are who I'm thinking about as candidates for that position.

Anyone got any thoughts on that? Or any other synergies I might be missing out on from the other characters I have?

acumen
Mar 17, 2005
Fun Shoe

Kanos posted:

I don't need anything in particular on my account right now so I'm just stockpiling every trace material equally during double calyx events so any character I happen to pull will be well supplied.

Yeah this is where I'm at too. Farming relics sucks rear end but hoarding stockpiles of upgrade mats feels ok!

Tree Reformat
Apr 2, 2022

by Fluffdaddy

qbert posted:

3) No, DO NOT use that Starlight for Eidolons. That's the rare one and should almost always be used for the 5-star LCs available, as they're some of the best in the game (the Bronya one especially or maybe the Clara one if she ends up being one of your Top 8).

I've used the Starlight to buy Tigyun and some Eidolons, and the only one I've truly regretted was Natasha, since once you have Lynx and another healer she becomes completely obsolete unless you're doing some weird niche mono-physical team. Asta, March 7th (since Clara is one of my main DPS), and Qinque were good buys, I feel, and if Quinque's comes up again in the store and I haven't gotten her from e3 to e4 yet I'll probably buy that too. Other than that, yeah, 4*s you don't have > 5* LCs > > Pulls > Eidolons.

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Terper posted:

I, like NachtSieger, just started a couple days ago–TB28–and as I'm approaching the next Ascension level, I'm starting to consider what my first team is really going to be going forward in the story and eventually endgame.

Here's what I'm working with:

My first thought is Welt/SW/Lynx/either TB or Gepard. It'd be a team focused heavily on survival with both Lynx and a Preservation and no strictly dedicated DPS (Welt would be the biggest damage dealer), so the fights would be slow–fine for story, but if I run into "do this in X cycles" fights I'd be hurting, and that amount of survival might be overkill anyway.

In which case, another damage dealer or buffer might be preferable to the Preservation character. Asta, QQ, Tingyun or Dan Heng are who I'm thinking about as candidates for that position.

Anyone got any thoughts on that? Or any other synergies I might be missing out on from the other characters I have?

The strongest team I could suggest with your roster is a Quantum Break team. It's the strongest team I have.

Quinque, Silver Wolf, Lynx, and either Hanya or Tingyun. Put a bunch of break effect on SW, have her break the enemy, and burst them down. Also, QQ is the strongest dps you have.

I love Welt, and I used him to clear a lot of hard content. He takes so much investment to be good, and even then, he's pretty mediocre. Use him if you like him, but he needs a lot of resources.

Also, most hard content in the game is focused on aoe. Welt is okay at that, but QQ, Herta, and even Physical Trailblazer are better. Give Blade a look next week.

Bad Video Games fucked around with this message at 22:28 on Dec 21, 2023

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
Run Welt, SW, Hanya/Tingyun and Gepard/Lynx. Don't run Qingque pre E4 unless you want to do mediocre damage compared to an invested Welt.

NeonPunk
Dec 21, 2020

Don't sleep on Pela. She might not look like it, but she is the absolute best debuffer out there with her def shred on her ult and she's very SP positive since you're not going to be using her skill at all.

shrach
Jan 10, 2004

daylight ssssaving time

qbert posted:

4) You wouldn't have a tank, as Lynx is there to heal. Lynx's heal can draw aggro to Qingque I believe. If you feel more comfortable with a tank, you could have your Preservation MC be the 4th.

Lynx heal only adds aggro to destruction or preservation units, Qingque is erudition so would escape that.

Captain France
Aug 3, 2013
The standard late game team comp is
Healer + DPS + Two Offensive Supports. Some of this is because of everything late game being turn timed which reduces the value of defensive supports, but in general they're just not that necessary.

For anyone with Silver Wolf, I would 100% suggest Lynx + Silver Wolf as a basic core, that'll cover your healer and one offensive support right there and they work with basically anyone and against basically anything. After that, Qingque is a very good DPS to build, because as long as your 4th member is something the enemy is weak against, Silver Wolf's weakness implant can guarantee Quantum and, again, allow you to use Qingque well against basically anything.

Personally, my number one suggestion for that 4th member would be Tingyun, both for her powerful buffs and good SP efficiency, and because being electro makes her work well for a bi-element team with Serval, who nearly everyone has and who should not be slept on. Yes, she has been power crept so you won't hear theory crafters talk about her much, but she is still very good. Electro is an element a lot of things are weak against, and even besides that a lot of fights you'll be doing a lot are full of weak enemies you want a powerful AOE for, and between her Blast type skill and her spammable ult, she is excellent for those. Everyone who doesn't have Kafka or Jing Yuan should definitely build Serval. Hell, everyone who does should build Serval, because what if you wind up wanting to have two electro AOE DPS units?

Plus she is very cool. She's an engineer / rock star, she's probably middle-aged which is rare for basically anything anime, and she plays her guitar and electricity shoots out.
10/10, excellent character, I hope they backport her to Honkai Impact 3rd.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Bad Video Games posted:

The strongest team I could suggest with your roster is a Quantum Break team. It's the strongest team I have.

Quinque, Silver Wolf, Lynx, and either Hanya or Tingyun. Put a bunch of break effect on SW, have her break the enemy, and burst them down. Also, QQ is the strongest dps you have.

I love Welt, and I used him to clear a lot of hard content. He takes so much investment to be good, and even then, he's pretty mediocre. Use him if you like him, but he needs a lot of resources.

Also, most hard content in the game is focused on aoe. Welt is okay at that, but QQ, Herta, and even Physical Trailblazer are better. Give Blade a look next week.

Eej posted:

Run Welt, SW, Hanya/Tingyun and Gepard/Lynx. Don't run Qingque pre E4 unless you want to do mediocre damage compared to an invested Welt.

The QQ I have is just the free one, so she's E0, yeah. For what it's worth, I've got E1 Lynx, E2 Tingyun, E3 Asta, and E1 Dan Heng. Everyone else is a 0.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Yay, got C4 on Hanya. That one seems like a big deal. C6 is also nice (since it seems like a straight 10% increase to damage against the marked target), but not quite as jmpactful.

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Terper posted:

The QQ I have is just the free one, so she's E0, yeah. For what it's worth, I've got E1 Lynx, E2 Tingyun, E3 Asta, and E1 Dan Heng. Everyone else is a 0.

Everyone's going to give you different advice, and a lot of it comes from people's preferences. People clear the hardest content in the game with Herta and Dan Heng, and they're generally considered some of the weakest dps units in the game.

I would prefer Quinque or Herta or Serval as a dps over Welt because their aoe is consistent. That doesn't matter much for the story or Simulated Universe, but it matters a lot if you eventually plan to tackle the Memory of Chaos and Pure Fiction challenge modes. But Welt is good, too. Also, in about 6 weeks everyone is going to get a free 5 star character who gets stronger if the enemy is debuffed. Welt and Silver Wolf are perfect for that role and will make great supports for him.

It's a game where you can use who you like. Tingyun, Pela, Hanya, and Silver Wolf are some of the best supports in the game. Choose 2 of them, a healer and a damage dealer, and you have a pretty solid team.

NachtSieger
Apr 10, 2013

Captain France posted:

she's probably middle-aged

She reads late 20s, early 30s to me. Gepard reads mid 30s, and Lynx reads as late teens, early 20s.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Reading up more on her, Qinqque seems like a late bloomer, and I'm still very early at TB28, so I think she's better off as a future project. With SW/Lynx/Tingyun pretty much set, the question seems to come down to Welt or Serval. Serval (probably) ekes out Welt in the damage department, but Welt can screw over enemy turns and (might) be a better long-term prospect. On the other hand, Welt adds a third element, making SW less consistent. Serval is rocking cute, Welt has a sweet Ultimate.

so, uh, I guess both for now, switching depending on the circumstances and seeing what the future of gacha has in store for me (as well as the eventual dr ratio)

Thanks, everyone!

Terper fucked around with this message at 00:38 on Dec 22, 2023

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 10 days!)

since ratio is free, who else is gonna end up throwing gems anyway to get his lightcone

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
Welt combos super well with Dr. Ratio yeah, forgot to mention that. In a Ratio, Welt, SW team, Welt gets shifted more into the weird dps/debuffer role that his skills suggest. The best healer in that setup of course is either Lynx or Luocha to minimize the weakness application rng.

NachtSieger posted:

She reads late 20s, early 30s to me. Gepard reads mid 30s, and Lynx reads as late teens, early 20s.

Serval is the older sister though.

GateOfD posted:

since ratio is free, who else is gonna end up throwing gems anyway to get his lightcone

Depends on how Ruan Mei rolls go but it's a no brainer if you want to use him. Much cheaper to roll his LC than for a single copy of Ratio so huge savings for anyone who wanted him originally.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

I will NEVER pull on the LC banner

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

GateOfD posted:

I'm torn. I'm still salty I lost the 50/50 for Blade the first time, but I really wanted Ratio. If I had known he would be free, I wouldn't have whaled for Argenti's light cone. No matter which one I pull, I'm rolling on a 50/50.

Not So Fast
Dec 27, 2007

GateOfD posted:

I'm guessing he's fine with Cruising on the Stellar Sea since that's what my Yanqing was using, so he can take that

I do wonder what F2P LC is best for Ruan Mei. Memories of the Past might fit well with her Break Effect focus?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Genovera
Feb 13, 2014

subterranean
space pterodactyls

Terper posted:

Reading up more on her, Qinqque seems like a late bloomer, and I'm still very early at TB28, so I think she's better off as a future project. With SW/Lynx/Tingyun pretty much set, the question seems to come down to Welt or Serval. Serval (probably) ekes out Welt in the damage department, but Welt can screw and (might) be a better long-term prospect. On the other hand, Welt adds a third element, making SW less consistent. Serval is rocking cute, Welt has a sweet Ultimate.

so, uh, I guess both for now, switching depending on the circumstances and seeing what the future of gacha has in store for me (as well as the eventual dr ratio)

Thanks, everyone!

You're going to end up wanting 8 characters anyway for MoC since it requires two teams, so it's alright if you build an extra character or two. For example if you end up having some trouble and want to have both Gepard and Lynx sometimes that's fine since in the future you will want one sustain on each team.