Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Sticky Nate posted:

I think it's generous to call two of them pillars

I always thought the pillars thing was silly because they were always pegged as future stars. To me the pillars of AEW at the beginning were the elite, jericho and Mox.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eat This Glob
Jan 14, 2008

God is dead. God remains dead. And we have killed him. Who will wipe this blood off us? What festivals of atonement, what sacred games shall we need to invent?

Sydney Bottocks posted:

"Who's the Devil" - total snore
Kenny's guts broke him more
Friends of Adam Cole-a wars
I can't take it anymore

the crowd chants 'we want fire!'
it was always burning, and the heels are turning

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

IT'S LIKE I CAN TOUCH YOU!

Shard posted:

I always thought the pillars thing was silly because they were always pegged as future stars. To me the pillars of AEW at the beginning were the elite, jericho and Mox.

Wasn't the whole point of the Four Pillars concept that it's about the future stars cause it's referencing the original Four Pillars of All Japan or some such?

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Barry Bluejeans posted:

MJF's the champ, Sammy's hurt/on paternity leave, JB's the devil (probably), Darby's climbing Mount Everest. It wasn't a matter of them being purposefully excluded.

Lol it's like Homer At The Bat

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

The Snore Fillers I call them

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Drakkel posted:

Wasn't the whole point of the Four Pillars concept that it's about the future stars cause it's referencing the original Four Pillars of All Japan or some such?

The point was for MJF to cut a promo on people he'd beaten/would beat.

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

I think what really throws me is that last year during the Mox build MJF was doing really good face promos and I thought he'd be able to be a great babyface. Now it's just all fallen apart and I think the only way they can correct is have Joe win the title and MJF take time off to get healthy

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

oh mister turner'd done it, the power plant had won it

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004

Drakkel posted:

Yes, they're all young first year AEW wrestlers who caught on in some way with the crowd and had a high in-ring ceiling.

I think the AEW = Judaism comment was directed at WWE lifers/Cornett creeps not AEW protestants like this thread. Like noted virulent anti-semite Martin Luther, this thread is a big list of complaints nailed to TK's door because of love.

MJeff posted:

Okada doesn't do stupid grab-rear end masked man storylines during the G1. Just sayin'.

"Scooby Dooby Doo" Balloon Okada was during G1 2018. But you know, that was a genuine character arc and felt in keeping with Okada goes in insane without the big one trait not a meandering, stalled story with a for sure anti-climatic resolution.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

fez_machine posted:

Yes, they're all young first year AEW wrestlers who caught on in some way with the crowd and had a high in-ring ceiling.

I think the AEW = Judaism comment was directed at WWE lifers/Cornett creeps not AEW protestants like this thread. Like noted virulent anti-semite Martin Luther, this thread is a big list of complaints nailed to TK's door because of love.

"Scooby Dooby Doo" Balloon Okada was during G1 2018. But you know, that was a genuine character arc and felt in keeping with Okada goes in insane without the big one trait not a meandering, stalled story with a for sure anti-climatic resolution.

That is true. But also, more to the point I was trying to make, in 2018, the champion was Omega, who just did, y'know.

This.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
btw, shoutout to Tama Tonga, the only man on this planet capable of having a bad G1 match with Kenny Omega. :laffo:

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 5 days!

Shard posted:

you rhymed more with more: F -

I don't see you doing your own Billy Joel song parody :colbert:

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Sydney Bottocks posted:

I don't see you doing your own Billy Joel song parody :colbert:

I'm not on trial here

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

fawning deference posted:

There are a million useless titles

A million and one now

https://twitter.com/ringofhonor/status/1738003189272543275

haunted bong
Jun 24, 2007

yes, the four pillars thing is a bit silly, especially not having a single one of them in the tournament, but on the other hand: Swerve Strickland rules and I'm glad he's being treated like a star

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

They don’t even have tv!!

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

tony khan doesnt have any ideas what to do with ROH allegations holding strong

ThePariah
Feb 10, 2014
2018 NJPW was booked better than 2023 AEW. And that wasn’t even the peak of NJPW booking.

ThePariah
Feb 10, 2014
To be fair 2018 Gedo probably wasn’t on Twitter 24/7 arguing with trolls who claim the company doesn’t tell enough stories.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

ThePariah posted:

To be fair 2018 Gedo probably wasn’t on Twitter 24/7 arguing with trolls who claim the company doesn’t tell enough stories.

To be fair, nobody makes Tony engage with the stupidest people on the stupidest website. Just because Dave Meltzer does it doesn't make it a good idea Tony, especially when the criticism clearly starts to get to you after a while.

ThePariah
Feb 10, 2014
Oh, my intent was not to defend TK in any way. He does it to himself.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Im not as plugged into whatever narratives are happening on twitter/in Tony's brain, but it appears he may believe that a criticism is that he is just leaving RoH as he found it (which for the record i think is both true and a positive) because literally the only info we got in the womens tv title announcement was

1. After a great year it's time for the new era of ROH to leave its mark on the womens division
2. there will be such a thing as the womens tv title in coming weeks

Also the prerecorded show on their own streamer started 40 minutes late but whatever you know

fart blood
Sep 13, 2008

by VideoGames
Newest Observer reports that AEW has not made a serious play for Giulia.

Why?

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Over hyped. Also her performance center visit went really well, she was impressed.

fart blood
Sep 13, 2008

by VideoGames

Gumball Gumption posted:

Over hyped. Also her performance center visit went really well, she was impressed.

She’s money though. And he signed Mariah May who’s done squat.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

fart blood posted:

Newest Observer reports that AEW has not made a serious play for Giulia.

Why?

why would they

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

man who can’t book the women for poo poo fails to hire another woman, a real head scratcher

fart blood
Sep 13, 2008

by VideoGames

Because she’s very popular and AEW’s women’s division desperately needs stars.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

fart blood posted:

Because she’s very popular and AEW’s women’s division desperately needs stars.

Does it?

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

whats your fave giulia matches

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

CM Punk was a trick. It's actually Guilia that the millions of lapsed fans were waiting for

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

this company is going to hell in a hambasket

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer

MJeff posted:

Does it?

yes

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

AEW should lean more on their Stardom partnership to hire their entire roster

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Or what?

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer

MJeff posted:

Or what?

AEW hasn't signed Giulia. Multiple roster members have gotten serious infections this year. I can only include that signing Giulia would prevent further illnesses from occurring.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
I can't argue with that logic.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

AEW already had a ghoulia

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

https://youtu.be/qdk3Cvn5wHM?si=H4CEK_lmEiWjJ1s8

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU