Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
COSTCO!!!
PBUC
Executive Member
I make terrible financial decisions here.
BRING BACK THE COMBO SLICE
505 Club
Death To Sams Club
Goku waiting in extremely long gas line.
View Results

Hed
Mar 31, 2004

Fun Shoe
it used to be really good then they moved to trash oil. So now I make it myself. That's ok, I like using almonds anyway when I do pesto for tuna

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

Fatrick posted:

Do you have a Les Schwab Tire near you? I'm from Canada, and I got a flat in Oregon once and the Les Schwab guys fixed it for free and didn't even let me try and give them $20 just for helping me out. Like, I left them $20 on the counter and the guy came out and said "you forgot this!" And tossed my $20 to me through my window as I was pulling out of the parking lot.

Best experience with a Tire shop I've ever had. I'll never get a chance to shop there again, but hell if I won't sing their praises to my American friends any time I can.

Les Schwab is really really good, but they are expensive for tires.

Big Bowie Bonanza
Dec 30, 2007

please tell me where i can date this cute boy
I’ve done Les Schwab before but they’re expensive — Discount Tire price matches Costco so I’ll just keep going there

jeeves
May 27, 2001

Deranged Psychopathic
Butler Extraordinaire
There was a line of cars just to get into the Costco parking lot today. I've never seen it this bad.

Avoid the Church today guys, it is not worth it.

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
this close to the holidays you should avoid all stores but especially the good ones

Porfiriato
Jan 4, 2016

jeeves posted:

There was a line of cars just to get into the Costco parking lot today. I've never seen it this bad.

Avoid the Church today guys, it is not worth it.

Drove past the neighborhood church today and it was a similar total zoo. Godspeed to any penitents going to atone their sins.

Fatrick
Jul 19, 2003

*Jumping Peppers!* *Enjoy the Sauce!*

binge crotching posted:

Les Schwab is really really good, but they are expensive for tires.

Sometimes I'm willing to pay the extra to just not deal with any of the stupid "we forgot to scan your name on them" horseshit. But I know everyone can't afford to do that.

Remulak
Jun 8, 2001
I can't count to four.
Yams Fan
Well wife and I got the flu, so Xmas dinner is Costco precooked Chateaubriand, Mediterranean salad, and Rao’s eggplant parm. Also got asparagus and potatoes that I’ve or not make depending. Assuming we even see the old people.

Zachack
Jun 1, 2000

If you live in a "booze is a food group" state Costco has marked down the cheaper whiskey advent calendar to $30. Not the fancy Scotland one, the one is a big paper-ish box, comes with a glass and coaster. It's a lot of whiskey of unknown quality!

Also a big PBUC moment when they pulled me out of the insanely long lines to go to one of the customer service registers since I only had ~6 items, and then they also did a price adjustment for me right there on a purchase I made right after thanksgiving.

Zachack
Jun 1, 2000

I guess I could google this but has anyone bought the big pork belly slab at ~$4/lb and turned it into bacon? Bacon has been too expensive for years but now has hit the "gently caress that" tier so I'm debating making my own, but am not sure if there's some issue with Costco's belly or if it's a good one.

TrashMammal
Nov 10, 2022

pork bellies are one of the most commodified foods in the world. it’s all the same unless you’re buying some kind of specialty hog

Jingleheimer
Mar 30, 2006
I have a Costco bacon story from about 6 or 7 years ago. As a Costco forklift driver, there was a time where I was hungry at work and had nothing to eat. I decided to buy a pack of the Kirkland pre-cooked bacon and have it sitting on my forklift while I was working so I could nibble on it throughout my shift. I would drive up to my coworkers and offer them a piece of bacon, and they would say stuff like "uh, no thanks, I'm good. Why the hell do you have bacon on your lift to snack on? That's ridiculous." And I would respond with something like "Hey man, weird or not, if you don't want to enjoy a piece of bacon, that's your problem." This story is 100% true and I don't know if I should be proud or ashamed that it happened on more than one occasion.

Tatsuta Age
Apr 21, 2005

so good at being in trouble

if I had the capability to just buy costco snacks at any time when I was working retail it would be hosed up as hell for my wallet and also my waistline

TrashMammal
Nov 10, 2022

sold my body mass index to the company store

Big Bowie Bonanza
Dec 30, 2007

please tell me where i can date this cute boy
I literally always had Costco food and drinks squirreled away in the phone kiosk

B33rChiller
Aug 18, 2011

Jingleheimer posted:

I have a Costco bacon story from about 6 or 7 years ago. As a Costco forklift driver, there was a time where I was hungry at work and had nothing to eat. I decided to buy a pack of the Kirkland pre-cooked bacon and have it sitting on my forklift while I was working so I could nibble on it throughout my shift. I would drive up to my coworkers and offer them a piece of bacon, and they would say stuff like "uh, no thanks, I'm good. Why the hell do you have bacon on your lift to snack on? That's ridiculous." And I would respond with something like "Hey man, weird or not, if you don't want to enjoy a piece of bacon, that's your problem." This story is 100% true and I don't know if I should be proud or ashamed that it happened on more than one occasion.

I would very much appreciate a coworker rolling up with bacon ready to go. That's great.

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

So was it just cold limp bacon?

Kuros
Sep 13, 2010

Oh look, the consequences of my prior actions are finally catching up to me.
Man, the gift cards for restaurants are normally a good deal but my local Costco has had some $100 cards for $58. I'm treating some family members to a nice dinner in a week with them.

NewFatMike
Jun 11, 2015

kreeningsons posted:

It’s a good idea to wear a mask at Costco. I wish more physically able people would, so that even with my own mask on, the store would be safer for the previous posters or posters like me who have a chronically ill partner who can’t risk getting any sicker, and because of the aforementioned partner, can’t really afford to order everything delivered.

Hear hear, NewFatSpouse and I still wear N95s to go shopping. At a visit to the church a few months ago a really nasty looking old dude was wearing an UNVACCINATED AND PROUD shirt. I wanted to brawl in the Costco, which I guess is like a mid-30s bar mitzvah.

Did anyone’s church get the Serrano jamón leg? None of the Chicagoland ones seem to have gotten them and I can’t even order one on the app unless I want to spend $250. NewFatBrother and I had plans to split one.

Involuntary Sparkle
Aug 12, 2004

Chemo-kitties can have “accidents” too!

Costco #1 (Sodo Seattle) had the leg but I didn't see it at Northgate.

I was pleasantly surprised at how many people were wearing masks on Thursday evening at Northgate Seattle Costco.

NewFatMike
Jun 11, 2015

Involuntary Sparkle posted:

I was pleasantly surprised at how many people were wearing masks on Thursday evening at Northgate Seattle Costco.

:negative: thank you for letting me know. I’ll fill out a bunch of suggestion cards for the plant based chicken patties to come back along with some other stuff.

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009

NewFatMike posted:

a mid-30s bar mitzvah ... Serrano jamón leg

Two great tastes that go great together

RoastBeef
Jul 11, 2008

NewFatMike posted:

Hear hear, NewFatSpouse and I still wear N95s to go shopping. At a visit to the church a few months ago a really nasty looking old dude was wearing an UNVACCINATED AND PROUD shirt. I wanted to brawl in the Costco, which I guess is like a mid-30s bar mitzvah.

Did anyone’s church get the Serrano jamón leg? None of the Chicagoland ones seem to have gotten them and I can’t even order one on the app unless I want to spend $250. NewFatBrother and I had plans to split one.

I've seen it at about four north jersey Costcos.

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

I went to the Church today. Could have swore I heard Melanias boss theme when I walked in. Did get a prime rib for Christmas day.

Also a can of those caramel chocolates that went right into my spouse's stocking.

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

This is me on vacation in Amsterdam :)
Never be afraid of being yourself!

Local Costco has a lot of people wearing masks today, nobody causing a scene about it. Employees and customers both masked up.

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

Three month old Shark vacuum died today so had to go to Church on Christmas Eve to return and buy another. Expected an absolute madhouse.

Nope, it was borderline dead. Way less traffic than even a normal Sunday. Could've been in and out in record time if we hadn't done some wandering around as well just because.

PBUC.

Fatrick
Jul 19, 2003

*Jumping Peppers!* *Enjoy the Sauce!*

IOwnCalculus posted:

Three month old Shark vacuum died today so had to go to Church on Christmas Eve to return and buy another. Expected an absolute madhouse.

Nope, it was borderline dead. Way less traffic than even a normal Sunday. Could've been in and out in record time if we hadn't done some wandering around as well just because.

PBUC.

It's a Christmas miracle!

Safety Dance
Sep 10, 2007

Five degrees to starboard!

Involuntary Sparkle posted:

200th st is considered Northgate? Northgate itself is at 125th. I'd call that Costco Shoreline or Montlake Terrace.

Spinz
Jan 7, 2020

I ordered luscious new gemstones from India and made new earrings for my SA mart thread

Remember my earrings and art are much better than my posting

New stuff starts towards end of page 3 of the thread

IOwnCalculus posted:

PBUC.

I'm shocked, whoa

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009
Wishing everybody a Mellow Costcmas on page #311

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Safety Dance posted:

200th st is considered Northgate? Northgate itself is at 125th. I'd call that Costco Shoreline or Montlake Terrace.

One thing about living out there that I found strange was driving through 3 different cities in like 15 minutes depending which route I took.

El Jebus
Jun 18, 2008

This avatar is paid for by "Avatars for improving Lowtax's spine by any means that doesn't result in him becoming brain dead by putting his brain into a cyborg body and/or putting him in a exosuit due to fears of the suit being hacked and crushing him during a cyberpunk future timeline" Foundation

bird with big dick posted:

Time for some Costco & Sprouts sourced chili boys

What % of the recipe is Dawn?

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

drat, these Kirkland smores

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

drat, these Kirkland smores
_____/

Involuntary Sparkle
Aug 12, 2004

Chemo-kitties can have “accidents” too!

Safety Dance posted:

Ugh I definitely meant Shoreline. Maybe I was just thinking about Northgate Target.

pencilhands
Aug 20, 2022

I got a $100 gift card to costco for christmas. What should i get?

Tatsuta Age
Apr 21, 2005

so good at being in trouble

a year's worth of hot dogs and drink combo as you go once a week expecting to spend $15 but always spend 10x that

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009
Renew your membership so when you get your cash back you can spend it all on something that feels even splurgier.

jeeves
May 27, 2001

Deranged Psychopathic
Butler Extraordinaire
Get 33 mocha freezes and then you’ll have a dollar left to enjoy your diabetic coma with!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Chad Jihad
Feb 24, 2007

So after a case of the Brain Spirals I got all caught up on the beer calendar. I would say 1/4 were delicious, 1/4 were fine or interesting, and the rest were mediocre or bad, having very muted and dull flavors usually with some mellow funk over it all. So yeah probably won't do it again, but I'm glad I finally did so I can stop wondering