Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Master Stur
Jun 13, 2008

chasin' tail

FAT32 SHAMER posted:

Yes but what if the hot hand dies tonight :ohdear:

I like to treat hot hands as studs until proven otherwise. Don't sit your studs. Also don't look at my previous decade of fantasy failures

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EconDad
Jul 20, 2013

you talkin' to me Sheriff?

oh... I thought you was talkin' to me.

THOSE DAMN ENCHILADAS
Thursdays should just be abolished. They are the absolute worst.

These Saturday games should be deleted as well.

How much better would fantasy be if it all happened on Sunday -- all the time? Much better. Last weeks stretch-a-thon was far too much to handle.

dxt
Mar 27, 2004
METAL DISCHARGE

EconDad posted:

How much better would fantasy be if it all happened on Sunday -- all the time? Much better. Last weeks stretch-a-thon was far too much to handle.

:hai:

Football is for Sundays and Monday night only. I don't know how people who do other fantasy sports with games on like everyday handle it.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Playing Noah Brown over Jerome Ford feels very dangerously seasony endingy tragedy agony lose the championship game two years in a rowy

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

EconDad posted:

Agreed and not even from just a fantasy standpoint, but it’s definitely annoying having a bunch of Q guys that I won’t know for sure if they’re playing until Sunday morning. Meanwhile, I have guys I could’ve played in their place, but they already played on Thursday. Just sucks.

Bob A Feet
Aug 10, 2005
Dear diary, I got another erection today at work. SO embarrassing, but kinda hot. The CO asked me to fix up his dress uniform. I had stayed late at work to move his badges 1/8" to the left and pointed it out this morning. 1SG spanked me while the CO watched, once they caught it. Tomorrow I get to start all over again...
Well, after playing Ford for weeks, he finally pays off.

Thats an insult to him actually. He was always the most consistent ten points I had on my roster.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
Is there any world where you sit Diggs this weekend? My other options are Nico Collins and DHop......

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

I'm the lead trumpet player, playing loud and high is all I know how to do.

mcmagic posted:

Is there any world where you sit Diggs this weekend? My other options are Nico Collins and DHop......

Yes there is! All in on Nico Collins, who not only has a great CB matchup but also gets Stroud back and is at home.

DHop vs Diggs is a coinflip tbh

Bellmaker
Oct 18, 2008

Chapter DOOF

TLaw out but I’m not sure you’re still in and starting TLaw :shrug:

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

AnacondaHL posted:

Yes there is! All in on Nico Collins, who not only has a great CB matchup but also gets Stroud back and is at home.

DHop vs Diggs is a coinflip tbh

I could start both Collins and Zeke over Diggs

Inspector 34
Mar 9, 2009

DOES NOT RESPECT THE RUN

BUT THEY WILL
How do you all feel about Stroud this week? Trying to win my work league in my first year before I inevitably get laid off.

I've been starting Jordan Love while Stroud was out but I kind of feel like I need a higher ceiling if I'm going to win this thing. I have most points scored on the season but that was with Keenan healthy and I've mostly just gotten lucky since he's been out.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Inspector 34 posted:

How do you all feel about Stroud this week? Trying to win my work league in my first year before I inevitably get laid off.

I've been starting Jordan Love while Stroud was out but I kind of feel like I need a higher ceiling if I'm going to win this thing. I have most points scored on the season but that was with Keenan healthy and I've mostly just gotten lucky since he's been out.

I’m starting him with no regrets.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Inspector 34 posted:

It’s not like he’s coming back from an arm or leg injury or something. If his brain is working now he should be right back to form. Fire him up.

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Gonna be pissed if Pacheco speed runs concussion protocol and plays this week. I thought I had found a tiny sliver of hope with CEH having the backfield to himself vs a poo poo defense. Yes I am down incredibly bad at RB why do you ask

I mean for real life purposes I hope he’s ok obviously but the NFL seems to have gone back to letting everyone clear protocol in like 2 days which is just so cynical and reckless. Good job performatively caring for 2 weeks after Tua almost died, mission accomplished

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

I'm playing both with and against Ceedee in two different Fantasy finals tonight. ugh

vaginite
Feb 8, 2006

I'm comin' for you, colonel.

Docjowles posted:

Gonna be pissed if Pacheco speed runs concussion protocol and plays this week. I thought I had found a tiny sliver of hope with CEH having the backfield to himself vs a poo poo defense. Yes I am down incredibly bad at RB why do you ask

I mean for real life purposes I hope he’s ok obviously but the NFL seems to have gone back to letting everyone clear protocol in like 2 days which is just so cynical and reckless. Good job performatively caring for 2 weeks after Tua almost died, mission accomplished

Nobody picked up Zamir White in my leagues before Josh Jacobs hit doubtful - he probably got snapped up after but worth a look? He's had 2 good games against good defenses and is going up against a terrible run D (IND), Raiders can still make the playoffs, and he's gonna have the backfield to himself. Worth a look - Sleeper is showing him 40% rostered. Ezekiel Elliot maybe available too but I think the cats out of the bag on him and he should be pretty rostered. Both have great matchups and 100% of RB snaps.

Anti-Hero
Feb 26, 2004

vaginite posted:

Nobody picked up Zamir White in my leagues before Josh Jacobs hit doubtful - he probably got snapped up after but worth a look? He's had 2 good games against good defenses and is going up against a terrible run D (IND), Raiders can still make the playoffs, and he's gonna have the backfield to himself. Worth a look - Sleeper is showing him 40% rostered. Ezekiel Elliot maybe available too but I think the cats out of the bag on him and he should be pretty rostered. Both have great matchups and 100% of RB snaps.

How do you feel about Zamir over Conner or Henry?

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

vaginite posted:

Unfortunately this league is pretty sharp, there is fuckall else on waivers. I would love to add White or Zeke but the best option is uhhh like Tyler Allgeier or Samaje Perine.

vaginite
Feb 8, 2006

Anti-Hero posted:

How do you feel about Zamir over Conner or Henry?

I don't think I'd play Zamir over Conner or Henry. There's some question marks on both those guys but that's pretty risky - I think Zamir is a good option for people who don't have any good options.

Conner's PHI matchup looks bad too but they've actually fallen off in Run D - PHI is middle of the pack over the last 4 weeks vs RB. I'd maybe start Zamir over Henry if I really needed some magic to happen, Henry might might not get touches but the Titans have been eliminated for awhile and they've still been using him. HOU has a good run defense though and held Henry to 5.00 in ppr a couple weeks ago.

I'd probably say Conner < Zamir < Henry if I was behind, but I'd still probably waffle and end up starting Henry over Zamir anyway.

vaginite fucked around with this message at 20:27 on Dec 30, 2023

vaginite
Feb 8, 2006

Docjowles posted:

Unfortunately this league is pretty sharp, there is fuckall else on waivers. I would love to add White or Zeke but the best option is uhhh like Tyler Allgeier or Samaje Perine.

Well I'll be praying for Isiah Pacheco (to stay injured). Maybe roster Allgeier as a plan B but that feels baaaad.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Thoughts on Kyler vs Stafford?

vaginite
Feb 8, 2006

Docjowles posted:

/

I kinda wish my work league was sharper, there's a couple guys paying attention (myself included) and the rest of them are pretty casual. Got 3-4 tacos and a couple guys that just drafted the guys on their favorite team. I feel like I've been playing defense all year on the waiver, and guy I'm going against in the championship is absurdly stacked.

vaginite
Feb 8, 2006

mcmagic posted:

Thoughts on Kyler vs Stafford?

100% Stafford. They're going to rip NYG to shreds. The biggest risk is they're up 34-7 at half and they decide to sit their starters.

Kyler might get a freak game with a couple running TDs or something and outscore Stafford or he might score 5 points. I wouldn't touch him if Stafford was an option.

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

it'd be really loving swell if the Chiefs could figure out what's happening with Pacheco and CEH this week before, say, noon tomorrow

Anti-Hero
Feb 26, 2004

vaginite posted:

I don't think I'd play Zamir over Conner or Henry. There's some question marks on both those guys but that's pretty risky - I think Zamir is a good option for people who don't have any good options.

Conner's PHI matchup looks bad too but they've actually fallen off in Run D - PHI is middle of the pack over the last 4 weeks vs RB. I'd maybe start Zamir over Henry if I really needed some magic to happen, Henry might might not get touches but the Titans have been eliminated for awhile and they've still been using him. HOU has a good run defense though and held Henry to 5.00 in ppr a couple weeks ago.

I'd probably say Conner < Zamir < Henry if I was behind, but I'd still probably waffle and end up starting Henry over Zamir anyway.

I love this, thank you.

Since you are around, thoughts on Cooks/D Johnson/J Meyers/D Robinson/KJ Osborn?

My gut isn’t telling me anything besides Johnson and Meyers are inconsistent as poo poo. I’m down already against my opponents Breece Hall but I have CMC (and he’s got JJ who is gonna gently caress the packers).

Fake edit: I presume your ranking was Conner over Zamir over Henry, based on your wording? The signage indicates otherwise.

Anti-Hero fucked around with this message at 22:38 on Dec 30, 2023

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

pmchem posted:

it'd be really loving swell if the Chiefs could figure out what's happening with Pacheco and CEH this week before, say, noon tomorrow

Just saw that Pacheco cleared protocol. So rip to my team that was banking on CEH lol

vaginite
Feb 8, 2006

Anti-Hero posted:

I love this, thank you.

Since you are around, thoughts on Cooks/D Johnson/J Meyers/D Robinson/KJ Osborn?

My gut isn’t telling me anything besides Johnson and Meyers are inconsistent as poo poo. I’m down already against my opponents Breece Hall but I have CMC (and he’s got JJ who is gonna gently caress the packers).

All kinda bad options, have a TLDR at the bottom.

Wouldn't touch Jakobi - he's been awful since McDaniels left. Bad matchup too, Colts are only good vs. WR and will probably get held to a low score. Raiders just run the ball and play D now. Jakobi's only good game since the bye was against LAC where they put up a million, and by good I mean 15 points in ppr and still got outscored by other Raiders.

Johnson is a crap shoot but better than Jakobi. Seahawks are middling vs WR lately and they can score so the points might get ran up. I'd probably still avoid though unless you need a miracle, Mason has only started once for PIT against a bad defense with no tape on him. He might go and play good again or he might put up a goose.

Cooks I assume you mean Brandin Cooks. He's a crap shoot, tonight's probably gonna be a shootout. But the lions give up tons of points to slot receivers, who is unfortunately gonna be CeeDee. I think Cooks is a real bad matchup but they might stack heavy on CeeDee and he'd be the beneficiary. I'd say a reasonable variance play, but you need a tuddie (or 2) to likely be happy.

D. Robinson is probably a good play. He's gonna have to compete with Puka and Kupp but he's been pretty consistent and NYG should be a one sided game where they have to overcommit to stopping any of their huge weapons, I think he sneaks through on a lot of plays. He's been getting a good amount of targets lately too, meaning Stafford is starting to trust him.

I wouldn't touch K.J. mainly because Mullins isn't starting and we have no idea how Jaren Hall is gonna play, what the game plan is, or if Addison is gonna be back. There's better dart throws in this list. Worst of all they have the night game so you might not even know if he's starting until after all your other options play. Not to mention they'll probably just read JJ, run.

TLDR:

Cooks (variance) or Robinson (less variance) > Johnson > Jakobi = KJ

Also I think Jayden Reed and Romeo Doubs have a small chance of being on your waivers. I'd play Reed over any of these guys, Doubs I'd probably say is equal to Robinson in my ranks. Consistent 10-15, Cooks might get you a tuddie or 2, otherwise you're probably not happy with him.

This might all turn out wrong too, there's a good chance some of these guys have good games but I wouldn't trust anyone.

Anti-Hero
Feb 26, 2004

vaginite posted:

All kinda bad options, have a TLDR at the bottom.

Wouldn't touch Jakobi - he's been awful since McDaniels left. Bad matchup too, Colts are only good vs. WR and will probably get held to a low score. Raiders just run the ball and play D now. Jakobi's only good game since the bye was against LAC where they put up a million, and by good I mean 15 points in ppr and still got outscored by other Raiders.

Johnson is a crap shoot but better than Jakobi. Seahawks are middling vs WR lately and they can score so the points might get ran up. I'd probably still avoid though unless you need a miracle, Mason has only started once for PIT against a bad defense with no tape on him. He might go and play good again or he might put up a goose.

Cooks I assume you mean Brandin Cooks. He's a crap shoot, tonight's probably gonna be a shootout. But the lions give up tons of points to slot receivers, who is unfortunately gonna be CeeDee. I think Cooks is a real bad matchup but they might stack heavy on CeeDee and he'd be the beneficiary. I'd say a reasonable variance play, but you need a tuddie (or 2) to likely be happy.

D. Robinson is probably a good play. He's gonna have to compete with Puka and Kupp but he's been pretty consistent and NYG should be a one sided game where they have to overcommit to stopping any of their huge weapons, I think he sneaks through on a lot of plays. He's been getting a good amount of targets lately too, meaning Stafford is starting to trust him.

I wouldn't touch K.J. mainly because Mullins isn't starting and we have no idea how Jaren Hall is gonna play, what the game plan is, or if Addison is gonna be back. There's better dart throws in this list. Worst of all they have the night game so you might not even know if he's starting until after all your other options play. Not to mention they'll probably just read JJ, run.

TLDR:

Cooks (variance) or Robinson (less variance) > Johnson > Jakobi = KJ

Also I think Jayden Reed and Romeo Doubs have a small chance of being on your waivers. I'd play Reed over any of these guys, Doubs I'd probably say is equal to Robinson in my ranks. Consistent 10-15, Cooks might get you a tuddie or 2, otherwise you're probably not happy with him.

This might all turn out wrong too, there's a good chance some of these guys have good games but I wouldn't trust anyone.

If I could I would buy you a beer!

It sounds like Brandin Cooks or Robinson, which is what I was thinking when I formulated this post.

Sadly, Reeds or Doubs are not available. As a Packers fan I would absolutely start them, and I was a Watson owner. (I actually rostered Reed in the beginning of the season, doh!)

You probably missed my edit, but in your previous post I presume your ranking was Conner over Zamir over Henry, based on your wording? Signage was opposite of that. (With a nod to Henry based on history, which I agree with).

vaginite
Feb 8, 2006

Anti-Hero posted:

If I could I would buy you a beer!

It sounds like Brandin Cooks or Robinson, which is what I was thinking when I formulated this post.

Sadly, Reeds or Doubs are not available. As a Packers fan I would absolutely start them, and I was a Watson owner. (I actually rostered Reed in the beginning of the season, doh!)

You probably missed my edit, but in your previous post I presume your ranking was Conner over Zamir over Henry, based on your wording? Signage was opposite of that. (With a nod to Henry based on history, which I agree with).

Yeah mb Conner > Zamir > Henry.

With Conner clearly better. Zamir is risky, Henry is sketchy vs. HOU but I don't know if I'd have the gusto to slam White into my lineup over King Henry. But Colts are atrocious vs. the run, the Zamir matchup looks really, really good to me.

A lot of the sites have Conner ranked suspiciously low to me (mainly fantasy footballers) so I don't know if I'm full of poo poo for some reason I'm unaware of. Maybe they're scared of Philly but it seems like everyone's been running on Philly fine lately:

RB1 scores in PPR vs Philly last 4 weeks:
Week 16: Saquon 19.4
Week 15: K. Walker 20.2
Week 14: Tony Pollard 16.6
Week 13: CMC 22.3

Idk why Fantasy Footballers has Conner ranked at #27 - maybe they're thinking Kyler won't play and he won't be good without him? Anyone can feel free to chime in, I just don't get it but maybe there's something I'm not thinking of.

e: they even shower Conner with praise on their podcast, and fail to note that Philly's running D sucks lately. I think they just got lazy on their rankings :shrug:

vaginite fucked around with this message at 23:04 on Dec 30, 2023

THIS_IS_FINE
May 21, 2001

Slippery Tilde

Docjowles posted:

Just saw that Pacheco cleared protocol. So rip to my team that was banking on CEH lol

It's honestly a bit bizarre he cleared so quickly considering other players take a couple weeks usually at least.

coronaball
Feb 6, 2005

You're finished, pork-o-nazi!

Docjowles posted:

Yep, he is 100% good to go 5 days after taking a knee to the head from a 300+ lb lineman. With his helmet off, no less. :rolleye:

vaginite
Feb 8, 2006

coronaball posted:

Yep, he is 100% good to go 5 days after taking a knee to the head from a 300+ lb lineman. With his helmet off, no less. :rolleye:

They bribed the neurologist with nuggies, classic KC move

Anti-Hero
Feb 26, 2004

vaginite posted:

Yeah mb Conner > Zamir > Henry.

With Conner clearly better. Zamir is risky, Henry is sketchy vs. HOU but I don't know if I'd have the gusto to slam White into my lineup over King Henry. But Colts are atrocious vs. the run, the Zamir matchup looks really, really good to me.

A lot of the sites have Conner ranked suspiciously low to me (mainly fantasy footballers) so I don't know if I'm full of poo poo for some reason I'm unaware of. Maybe they're scared of Philly but it seems like everyone's been running on Philly fine lately:

RB1 scores in PPR vs Philly last 4 weeks:
Week 16: Saquon 19.4
Week 15: K. Walker 20.2
Week 14: Tony Pollard 16.6
Week 13: CMC 22.3

Idk why Fantasy Footballers has Conner ranked at #27 - maybe they're thinking Kyler won't play and he won't be good without him? Anyone can feel free to chime in, I just don't get it but maybe there's something I'm not thinking of.

e: they even shower Conner with praise on their podcast, and fail to note that Philly's running D sucks lately. I think they just got lazy on their rankings :shrug:

There has been a lot of chatter on Reddit about Conner not getting any respect on rankings.

FWIW I’m leaning Robinson hard. He’s new to my roster and I’ve been burned by Cooks before. I’ll be happy with 10-15 points, which he’s slammed in PPR the last 4 weeks.

Hurts/Higgins/Robinson/CMC/Rachaad/Likely/Conner/Sanders/LV (or Broncos?)

vs opponent’s

Fields/Adams/JJ/Mixon/Breece/Engram/Pittman/Butker/HOU

Breece ripped off another monster and it has me as the underdog 1 seed vs his 7 seed hence my panic about my abysmal WR(s).

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

coronaball posted:

dunno i saw the play live and the knee was angled off to the top of the head and not a knockout blow or any worrisome concussion reaction like fencing etc. it just look like it hurt. probably the best case scenario

vaginite
Feb 8, 2006

Anti-Hero posted:

There has been a lot of chatter on Reddit about Conner not getting any respect on rankings.

FWIW I’m leaning Robinson hard. He’s new to my roster and I’ve been burned by Cooks before. I’ll be happy with 10-15 points, which he’s slammed in PPR the last 4 weeks.

Hurts/Higgins/Robinson/CMC/Rachaad/Likely/Conner/Sanders/LV (or Broncos?)

vs opponent’s

Fields/Adams/JJ/Mixon/Breece/Engram/Pittman/Butker/HOU

Breece ripped off another monster and it has me as the underdog 1 seed vs his 7 seed hence my panic about my abysmal WR(s).

Think you're probably good. CMC vs. WAS is the nightmare I'm facing down right now :(. I got hurts in my champ game vs fields too - hopefully he comes through. I think Raiders D is a good play vs. Minshew, I'd be happy with either of those Ds.

coronaball
Feb 6, 2005

You're finished, pork-o-nazi!

pmchem posted:

dunno i saw the play live and the knee was angled off to the top of the head and not a knockout blow or any worrisome concussion reaction like fencing etc. it just look like it hurt. probably the best case scenario

True, it wasn't some dooming knee like you'd see in MMA or something. I'm just jaded about the NFL and how they treat concussions in general. A more conservative approach would be if you are concussed, you simply do not play the next week.

Anti-Hero
Feb 26, 2004

vaginite posted:

Think you're probably good. CMC vs. WAS is the nightmare I'm facing down right now :(. I got hurts in my champ game vs fields too - hopefully he comes through. I think Raiders D is a good play vs. Minshew, I'd be happy with either of those Ds.

The problem with CMC v WAS is I think it will get so out of hand he’ll score his projections (20ish PPR) and get benched. And if JJ fucks the Pack like I expect he will that could tip the scales.

Cat Hassler
Feb 7, 2006

Slippery Tilde
Four players on my team going tonight

Shootout let’s goooooo

Inspector 34
Mar 9, 2009

DOES NOT RESPECT THE RUN

BUT THEY WILL
Yahoo PPR I have

Stroud
Lockett, Thielen
CMC, Kamara, Henry
LaPorta

Vs their

Stafford
Hill, Sun God, Godwin
Mixon, Swift
Kittle

I don't feel great about this but I think there's a reasonable chance things could go my way. Just really disappointed Waddle and Keenan are out, I think either of them being in would have given me a way better shot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KingKapalone
Dec 20, 2005
1/16 Native American + 1/2 Hungarian = Totally Badass
The Lamb fumble out of the end zone better not come back to bite by the end of the day tomorrow.