Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Tulalip Tulips posted:

For me it's because they're relaxing and she's super skilled. The other one with girl who has a giant husky/malamute is also a fave. I never have the sound on though, it's more like visual ASMR for me.

Is that the one where she’ll marinate meat and the instructions for the meal are like “wait one year.”

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tulalip Tulips
Sep 1, 2013

The best apologies are crafted with love.

FizFashizzle posted:

Is that the one where she’ll marinate meat and the instructions for the meal are like “wait one year.”

Yeah and I want to try it even though I know it'd turn out like that horrible goon homemade ham project. I am a pretty good cook but preserves and such are not my forte. I tried my folks spicy garlic dill pickle recipe this year and it just wasn't as good.

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

Amy Pole Her posted:

Lots of vehicles go this route. Or the trunk. Usually weight balance reasons.

Under her hood should still be the standard red and black remote posts for jumping the car. Likely located in upper corner, covered

Edit oh Nevermind jeep did it solely because.. it pays homage to the original Jeeps having the battery under the passenger seat? Lmao that’s a terrible reason!

My Plymouth Breeze, which was the equivalent of the Dodge Stratus, had the battery in front of the driver's side front wheel. Replacement required jacking up the car and removing the driver's front wheel.

Yeah, the jump points were in a regular place under the hood. But the actual battery? :psyduck:

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Its NYE today and I have 0 plans and tbh when I gave up giving a gently caress about doing things on new years eve, I started enjoying them a lot more. Just gonna watch sport all day and play video games til I'm sleepy. When I think back to all the nights I spent a fortune on booze and transport and other poo poo just to have someone who doesn't normally drink end up maggotted by 10pm or have to listen to some couple have a domestic dispute about some small bullshit, or punch ups.

NYE is amateur's night for partying and I will not participate tyvm.

Tulalip Tulips posted:

Yeah and I want to try it even though I know it'd turn out like that horrible goon homemade ham project. I am a pretty good cook but preserves and such are not my forte. I tried my folks spicy garlic dill pickle recipe this year and it just wasn't as good.

I've been getting into making some preserves, like using canning jars to store hot honey to make it last longer, making some jams etc to put in oatmeal etc but preserving meat is still a bit of a weird thing to me. I don't even really like the idea of dry aging meat at home. The horror stories you hear about people eating bad preserved food kinda gives me the yips.

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

Having a boys night out at a Japanese steakhouse tonight but tomorrow I ain't doing poo poo. I feel you, BlindSite.

trilljester
Dec 7, 2004

The People's Tight End.
I'm going to Sizzler tonight for my mother-in-law's birthday. Can't wait to gently caress up that salad bar.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Aaaaaaarrrrrggggg posted:

I want this to be successful but on the other hand gently caress Robert Beltran, anything that gives him an income must die.

Maybe they'll kill him off off-screen between seasons somehow.

What don't I know about Robert Beltran that I should?

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know

Leperflesh posted:

What don't I know about Robert Beltran that I should?

Just take a guess where he falls politically. Come on, you know in your heart the answer.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

I want this to be successful but on the other hand gently caress Robert Beltran, anything that gives him an income must die.

Maybe they'll kill him off off-screen between seasons somehow.

On the other hand, Robert Picardo is gonna be in season 2

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

oh okay
I mean I don't know where the large majority of entertainers' politics lie, and I feel like I'd probably go insane if I tried to keep track and then filter what I watch based on that. So unless he's a nazi or something, which'd be a bit weird given his latino/native american heritage, I guess I don't really care. But if this is a milkshake duck situation I suppose I care a little bit.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Leperflesh posted:

oh okay
I mean I don't know where the large majority of entertainers' politics lie, and I feel like I'd probably go insane if I tried to keep track and then filter what I watch based on that. So unless he's a nazi or something, which'd be a bit weird given his latino/native american heritage, I guess I don't really care. But if this is a milkshake duck situation I suppose I care a little bit.

He was exceptionally weird during the strike.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

trilljester posted:

I'm going to Sizzler tonight for my mother-in-law's birthday. Can't wait to gently caress up that salad bar.

Sizzler still exists?

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer
/\/\/\ lol

trilljester posted:

Sizzler is still a thing??

Aaaaaaarrrrrggggg
Oct 4, 2004

ha, ha, ha, og me ekam

Leperflesh posted:

oh okay

He was pretty much scabbing during the strike. He'd go off on stuff that's supposed to be off limits during the strike when other castmates kept trying to reign him in.

In short,

a neat cape posted:

He was exceptionally weird during the strike.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

He's a boomer.

That's all you need to know.

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

BlindSite posted:

Its NYE today and I have 0 plans and tbh when I gave up giving a gently caress about doing things on new years eve, I started enjoying them a lot more. Just gonna watch sport all day and play video games til I'm sleepy. When I think back to all the nights I spent a fortune on booze and transport and other poo poo just to have someone who doesn't normally drink end up maggotted by 10pm or have to listen to some couple have a domestic dispute about some small bullshit, or punch ups.

I've been getting into making some preserves, like using canning jars to store hot honey to make it last longer, making some jams etc to put in oatmeal etc but preserving meat is still a bit of a weird thing to me. I don't even really like the idea of dry aging meat at home. The horror stories you hear about people eating bad preserved food kinda gives me the yips.
My family cans tomatoes in the summer, and when we make kielbasa we freeze it. I don't mess with dry aging or smoking or making jerky or anything like that.

Blowjob Overtime
Apr 6, 2008

Steeeeriiiiiiiiike twooooooo!

RoastBeef posted:

I haven't made his recipe but I have made the Ad Hoc at Home chicken he started with and it really is that good.

If frying things wasn't such a pain I would be making that at least once a month. Some day I'm going to get a good, deep pot to use with our propane ring and it's going to be game over for our waistlines.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Blowjob Overtime posted:

If frying things wasn't such a pain I would be making that at least once a month. Some day I'm going to get a good, deep pot to use with our propane ring and it's going to be game over for our waistlines.

Yeah, the barrier to entry is kind of a good thing for me for that reason. I think I make fried chicken three times a year because the clean up is such a pain in the rear end. That being said the little japanese pots you can buy with the rounded tops and the lids are really quite handy for making single servings of stuff like chicken pieces or tempura veggies.

I would also recommend to everyone that likes cooking to buy oil solidifier powder. You just chuck it into your fry oil and it becomes a soft gelatinous brick you can just put in the trash. Makes it a lot easier to deal with the old oil.

trilljester
Dec 7, 2004

The People's Tight End.

Joey Freshwater posted:

/\/\/\ lol

Sizzler is still a thing??

Sure does! And it's right down the street from Levi's Stadium.

Pontius Pilate
Jul 25, 2006

Crucify, Whale, Crucify

BlindSite posted:

Yeah, the barrier to entry is kind of a good thing for me for that reason. I think I make fried chicken three times a year because the clean up is such a pain in the rear end. That being said the little japanese pots you can buy with the rounded tops and the lids are really quite handy for making single servings of stuff like chicken pieces or tempura veggies.

I would also recommend to everyone that likes cooking to buy oil solidifier powder. You just chuck it into your fry oil and it becomes a soft gelatinous brick you can just put in the trash. Makes it a lot easier to deal with the old oil.

Is that more convenient than just the ol’ can in the freezer? Suppose if you’re deep frying often and have lots of oil to dispose of, but yeah, like you said, that’s rarer for me since it is a pain in the rear end for multiple reasons

Straights and dating height crack me up; I’m 5’11 and have dated someone six inches shorter and my husband is six inches taller. I understand having some sort of preference but there’s some serious gender brainworms going into it too

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Pontius Pilate posted:

Is that more convenient than just the ol’ can in the freezer? Suppose if you’re deep frying often and have lots of oil to dispose of, but yeah, like you said, that’s rarer for me since it is a pain in the rear end for multiple reasons

Straights and dating height crack me up; I’m 5’11 and have dated someone six inches shorter and my husband is six inches taller. I understand having some sort of preference but there’s some serious gender brainworms going into it too

It is if you're like me and only have a tiny freezer above your fridge and not a spare chest one or something. Otherwise I used to just chuck it in a can and then triple bag it to bin it.

It's never been an issue for me tbh and I'm only like 5'9 or 5'10. I think it's memetic as much as anything. "must be over 6 ft" is the new "girls hate nice guys". I mean sure some girls have a preference or whatever but I've dated women who say they're only into tall guys. I've always thought its one of those things, any one its super important to probably isn't someone you're going to have a healthy relationship with anyway because they're probably hosed up one way or another.

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

LISTEN TO WHAT I HAVE TO SAY AS IT'S INCREDIBLY IMPORTANT!
We have a Korean chicken joint now. The chicken was an A, the sauce a C. I'll try something different next time.

I haven't eaten fried stuff in a long time, so I didn't even make it home. Had to stop at a Starbucks and destroy their porcelain.

Pontius Pilate
Jul 25, 2006

Crucify, Whale, Crucify

BlindSite posted:

It is if you're like me and only have a tiny freezer above your fridge and not a spare chest one or something. Otherwise I used to just chuck it in a can and then triple bag it to bin it.

It's never been an issue for me tbh and I'm only like 5'9 or 5'10. I think it's memetic as much as anything. "must be over 6 ft" is the new "girls hate nice guys". I mean sure some girls have a preference or whatever but I've dated women who say they're only into tall guys. I've always thought its one of those things, any one its super important to probably isn't someone you're going to have a healthy relationship with anyway because they're probably hosed up one way or another.

That makes sense, failed to take into account non-Americans not usually having large gently caress-off fridges/freezers. Even smaller apartments I’ve rented in decently dense cities have had full American sized fridges

Ya I definitely know a bunch of straights who don’t give a gently caress (and some queers who do), but this conversation was kicked off by a guy saying a woman 2-3 inches taller was like an Amazonian giant and a dealbreaker, despite hitting it off. It’s still a weird thing in the year of our lord almost 2024

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Pontius Pilate posted:

That makes sense, failed to take into account non-Americans not usually having large gently caress-off fridges/freezers. Even smaller apartments I’ve rented in decently dense cities have had full American sized fridges

Ya I definitely know a bunch of straights who don’t give a gently caress (and some queers who do), but this conversation was kicked off by a guy saying a woman 2-3 inches taller was like an Amazonian giant and a dealbreaker, despite hitting it off. It’s still a weird thing in the year of our lord almost 2024

Yeah it's not that uncommon out here for people to have a big freezer or spare fridge. I just try to keep everything minimal I guess.

Yeah its odd, my advice to anyone re dating is you shouldn't assume someone's preferences, let em decide for themselves.

Youre weighing up 5 minutes feeling embarrassed if it's a no than the potential upside.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

I’m so glad I’m tall and literally never had to remotely think about height ever (except when I smack my head on things or buy cars).

a sexual elk
May 16, 2007

Shirt my wife ordered for me finally got here

https://imgur.com/a/ck6E5mx

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat

BlindSite posted:

A couple of friends of mine held a NYE party last year and hung a sign that said "Please leave by 9 PM", it's good to set healthy boundaries they had a few people who didn't leave until 11 lol

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

C-Euro posted:

A couple of friends of mine held a NYE party last year and hung a sign that said "Please leave by 9 PM", it's good to set healthy boundaries they had a few people who didn't leave until 11 lol

I respect the energy, I'd just rather do my partying literally any other time of the year, because it's always going to be less of a poo poo fight.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

C-Euro posted:

We’ve hit the age where the usual play is oysters on 1/1. Everyone else has a little something on NYE early, then home to bed.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer
We’re just doing steaks on the grill and I doubt we’ll make it to midnight. Have invited friends over but honestly if they didn’t show up I wouldn’t be bothered lol

Tulalip Tulips
Sep 1, 2013

The best apologies are crafted with love.
I'm going to see my sister for the early afternoon then coming home same day since I have a ton of cleaning that needs to be done.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

He was pretty much scabbing during the strike. He'd go off on stuff that's supposed to be off limits during the strike when other castmates kept trying to reign him in.

In short,

Ohh, I was thinking I probably wouldn't care, but absolutely gently caress scabs! What an piece of poo poo

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

I miss hometown buffet and the sizzler and soup plantation

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

"Yes I can hear you, I don't have ear cancer!"

a sexual elk posted:

Shirt my wife ordered for me finally got here

https://imgur.com/a/ck6E5mx

Welp I’m gonna go watch the skit again now

Nervous
Jan 25, 2005

Why, hello, my little slice of pecan pie.
Can you name this road TFF? Had to go to the next town over for weed today.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know

Nervous posted:

If you are buying drugs its clearly the highway to hell mister.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Nervous posted:

Bruce

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

That looks like anywhere in the US off the coasts, boom.

Alfred P. Pseudonym
May 29, 2006

And when you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss goes 8-8

Nervous posted:

That looks like I-70 in Western Kansas, the most boring road I’ve ever driven on.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Keen on the hygiene and on the mission like a super technician.

Kalli posted:

That looks like anywhere in the US off the coasts, boom.