Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Duke Pukem
Oct 23, 2010

Three cheers for dark beer!

The Taxman posted:

I think this pape was better than the last one

It might have been, the crowd was a lot worse tonight though

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD

projecthalaxy posted:

Correct. Taven, roddy, kanellis, and wardlow were the devil soldiers i think (?)

ok well fair enough.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

So taven and roddy being like ADAAAAM mjf is the devil he's going to attack you for months, i guess they were actually brilliant sleeper agents the whole time and were all in on it? maybe? Or utter buffoons who didn't know whose orders they followed?

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

i think they were lying, actually

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

projecthalaxy posted:

So taven and roddy being like ADAAAAM mjf is the devil he's going to attack you for months, i guess they were actually brilliant sleeper agents the whole time and were all in on it? maybe? Or utter buffoons who didn't know whose orders they followed?

I'm getting increasingly worried for the posters who are confused by this.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Maybe i just want it to be less stupid than it is

Maybe i myself am just stupid

But! It is the show we must accept, and it is our bloodline

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

JUNGLE BOY posted:

that dick can you do the devil and his masked men with hell thread regulars as the masked men and Classicst3ve as the devil

hahaghHA [having 4 strokes reading this] habbina goddu buoy

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

in it voted 5 even if im the disgusting fat creature

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

The Taxman posted:

I think this pape was better than the last one

Swerve/Hangman was so good it automatically made it better than this one, but with the opening 8 man and the 3 final matches I'd still say I was happy with this show even if I spent most of MJF/Joe waiting for the other shoe to drop

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

1glitch0 posted:

lol. Cole as the devil doesn't make sense, but really at this point no one would have made sense.

Trust me, as someone who's paid way too much attention to this poo poo, Cole is the only one who actually does make sense.

Codependent Poster posted:

Wardlow: I'm gonna get my revenge on you by having you lose your title but not to me and instead to someone else even though there was nothing from stopping me from challenging you for it and being in Joe's place

I'm less confident on this but I'm fairly certain Wardlow never actually expressed interest in winning MJF's title. He just wanted revenge.

yea ok posted:

none of the devil poo poo still makes any sense considering adam cole had the chance to win the title at All In but decided he didnt want to hurt his friend. thank god it's away from the world title

The story is that Adam Cole was fine doing happy grab-rear end bullshit with MJF until 1) He lost the match to him, 2) His ankle exploded trying to help him.

In it's final form, this story does actually mostly make sense, at least up through Full Gear everything is pretty air tight. It gets pretty unnecessarily convoluted after that, but I think it just barely skates by. It makes sense, it's just stupid and boring and not entertaining.

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

Hey MJeff, you called his boo boo post being just that. You are less cynical than me

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

That DICK! posted:

lol

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

That DICK! posted:

hahah

Joey McChrist
Aug 8, 2005

That DICK! posted:

lmao

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
https://twitter.com/TrevorDame/status/1741340982422171920

Yeah I get the feeling Swerve's over this poo poo.

Big Coffin Hunter posted:

Hey MJeff, you called his boo boo post being just that. You are less cynical than me

Yeah it sorta feels like maybe they were gonna try to extend this poo poo out all the way to when Cole was cleared, but they just decided to pull the plug here.

neoaxd
Nov 13, 2004

https://voca.ro/14wsx8lZIB14

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

lmfao

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

oh poo poo I didn't know JR posted here

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

gently caress

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

we never hafuckin deserrved it

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

MJeff posted:

Yeah it sorta feels like maybe they were gonna try to extend this poo poo out all the way to when Cole was cleared, but they just decided to pull the plug here.

We Put Our Money Where Our Mouth Is I kind of want to believe with those TK interviews and how things turned out this week

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

GO OFF KING!

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

yea ok posted:

we never hafuckin deserrved it

lmao

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Tony Khan covering for Keith Lee and putting over Andrade is really something. He's a much, much better man than me.

Although Andrade at least did some jobs on his way out.

Neurotic Roleplay
May 20, 2005

lmao

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

MJeff posted:

Tony Khan covering for Keith Lee and putting over Andrade is really something. He's a much, much better man than me.

Although Andrade at least did some jobs on his way out.

I can't think of many folks looking stronger on their way out - Andrade was a beast in the C2. It was smart. It helped AEW's ratings and it helped Andrade's star appeal

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

thank you

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD

JR is RIGHT

Kosmo Gallion
Sep 13, 2013
Some lame rear end WWE style booking tonight with Copeland winning the title and immediately losing it back to Christian. Almost as bad as how Jade lost the TBS title.

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness
i kinda get why they wanted the main story coming out of the ppv to be theres a major new heel faction rather than there is a new world champion but i dont know if this was a great way of ending things

fawning deference
Jul 4, 2018

Lol Wardlow is gonna be another useless musclebound stooge in a dork heel faction

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

I believe Keith Lee is injured, maybe that makes me a bad person. Maybe that makes me dumb gullible sack of hog poo poo, in the eyes of my friends and loved ones. But I believe him, and I believe in him

blunt
Jul 7, 2005

fawning deference posted:

Lol Wardlow is gonna be another useless musclebound stooge in a dork heel faction

Probably for the best, it seems like that's his limit

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

NienNunb posted:

I believe Keith Lee is injured, maybe that makes me a bad person. Maybe that makes me dumb gullible sack of hog poo poo, in the eyes of my friends and loved ones. But I believe him, and I believe in him

i also believe he is injured but for him to say his ongoing injury since 2022 that caused him to miss last night’s show is not why he has been booked inconsistently is a little eyebrow raising.

i may even say that it elicits a considerable challenge to one's capacity for comprehension and discernment, engendering an ambience of intellectual befuddlement

Hedgehog Pie
May 19, 2012

Total fuckin' silence.
What was he even implying? This stuff confuses me.

ThePariah
Feb 10, 2014

Classicst3ve posted:

So sick of the loving backstage drama in this loving company. Total loving horseshit. No one is happy. This guy is leaving. That guy is unhappy. This guy won't do jobs. This guy fights other guys cause of slights or hearsay or planetary alignments or whatever ridiculous reason. The ratings are mercurial and no one can figure out why or what to do. And there's sexual harassment and loving stupid poo poo. And Ric loving Flair is backstage, for fucks sake. This company deserves to loving die and there shouldn't be an alternative, we never loving deserved it.

yeah

ThePariah
Feb 10, 2014
Wrestling is a bad industry full of bad people and I'm complicit for supporting it. And every form of entertainment is practically the same, some just put on nicer masks. Life sucks and then you die. Happy new year everybody.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

that PPV loving sucked lol

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

It can't be like wcw 2023 because Joe won the world title clean in the main event. Good luck seeing any wcw main event finish with the good guy winning clean post 96