Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

fawning deference
Jul 4, 2018

Keith Lee is another one of those guys who has his limit, rendering his Limitless nickname ironic.

He isn't mobile or versatile enough to go on a legitimate singles run, his promos are stupid and not good (not sure about you all but his fake smart guy voice is painful), etc.

He is a bit like Wardlow. He's awesome in kickass squashes where his exposure is controlled and not excessive, and he is probably best used in a tag team or a stable.

I liked Lee when he first arrived and I liked him and Swerve, but it's obvious that he can't really do much more than that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

Nothing's better than postin' in the morning!

fawning deference posted:

Keith Lee is another one of those guys who has his limit, rendering his Limitless nickname ironic.

He isn't mobile or versatile enough to go on a legitimate singles run, his promos are stupid and not good (not sure about you all but his fake smart guy voice is painful), etc.

He is a bit like Wardlow. He's awesome in kickass squashes where his exposure is controlled and not excessive, and he is probably best used in a tag team or a stable.

I liked Lee when he first arrived and I liked him and Swerve, but it's obvious that he can't really do much more than that.

He used to be able to until WWE killed him with COVID :smith: He was the coolest dude in the world.

Also that's just his voice, he just talks like that.

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

hopefully tony releases all the folks that want to be elsewhere from their contracts and makes more space for those who do want to be there

roster is too bloated anyway

fawning deference
Jul 4, 2018

Erin M. Fiasco posted:

Is that also his natural cadence? His promos always feel like "this is a silly act" to me. None of it feels real or genuine, and the fake smart words are annoying. The old "using big words means you're smart" trope

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 4 days!
Didn't watch the PPV and just read the GDT here and there to keep up with what was going on

From what I can gather it sounds like the GDT was (except for like 2 or 3 matches) far more entertaining :v:

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 4 minutes!

Sydney Bottocks posted:

Didn't watch the PPV and just read the GDT here and there to keep up with what was going on

From what I can gather it sounds like the GDT was (except for like 2 or 3 matches) far more entertaining :v:

skip straight to the Christian Cage/Edge and Eddie/Moxely matches, the previous 2 hours stank

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

ThePariah posted:

Wrestling is a bad industry full of bad people and I'm complicit for supporting it. And every form of entertainment is practically the same, some just put on nicer masks. Life sucks and then you die. Happy new year everybody.

I am glad of it. Happy New Year to you too.

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

Hedgehog Pie posted:

What was he even implying? This stuff confuses me.

Sounds to me he's doing the "Tony isn't treating me like the best very special boy that he should because I was a midcarder in WWE" act that Andrade, Miro, and Malakai are always pulling. See it's not being constantly injured that is keeping him off tv, it's that darned Tony Khan. But also, he had to be pulled from the ppv because he's injured.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010
Probation

ThePariah posted:

Wrestling is a bad industry full of bad people and I'm complicit for supporting it. And every form of entertainment is practically the same, some just put on nicer masks. Life sucks and then you die. Happy new year everybody.

dont post like this

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010
Probation

post like this

sleep with the vicious
Apr 2, 2010

Erin M. Fiasco posted:

He used to be able to until WWE killed him with COVID :smith: He was the coolest dude in the world.

And he is another one of those guys who is desperate to go back to the fed lol

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

The best part of the scrum was easily Swerve going "I don't care about Keith anymore, he's a time-waster and if he ever wants to get back to this he's gotta make that effort and stick with it"

This being this company, I expect it to be what he really thinks and Keith gets legit mad and asks for his release within 6 months over it, rather than covering for another injury to another frequently-absent talent

CopywrightMMXI
Jun 1, 2011

One time a guy stole some downhill skis out of my jeep and I was so mad I punched a mailbox. I'm against crime, and I'm not ashamed to admit it.
If Keith Lee really is/has been unhappy I wouldn’t be surprised if that period where his hair was grey and he wore a cloak was just him visually displaying how checked out he was.

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

Is that also his natural cadence? His promos always feel like "this is a silly act" to me. None of it feels real or genuine, and the fake smart words are annoying. The old "using big words means you're smart" trope

Yeah, he's done plenty of podcasts and interviews and such, that's just him.

I'm not going to sit here and pretend if I know whether or not Keith Lee wanting to go back to WWE is true or not. I want to take Tony at his world and just believe it's an exacerbated injury. If he does go to WWE, it'll be a big few months for them taking back people who they nearly killed :shrug: As a fan, it's a bummer if that's what he really thinks. He was one of My Guys and one of the few wrestlers that I kept checking on even when I was completely checked out.

fawning deference
Jul 4, 2018

ThePariah posted:

The important message here is that all of these people are "bad" , but ThePariah is "good", and that is the meaning of life

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010
Probation

The important message here is that all of these people are "bad" , but ThePariah is "good", and that is the meaning of life

"good" at what???

cos it aint posting!!

fawning deference
Jul 4, 2018

Erin M. Fiasco posted:

Yeah, he's done plenty of podcasts and interviews and such, that's just him.

Okay well then I take back that it IS an act, but the fact that it FEELS like one and that he's not charismatic, I still stand by

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

Okay well then I take back that it IS an act, but the fact that it FEELS like one and that he's not charismatic, I still stand by

You can die on whatever hill you want to but don't be alarmed when you realize you're dying alone.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

lol "hey stranger, the way you sound? The way you sound naturally? I find unnatural."

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010
Probation
KLDS

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

what that stand for?

fawning deference
Jul 4, 2018

Speaking that way naturally and cutting a believable, interesting, charismatic promo are two different things. I conceded my instinct about his speaking being an act when I was told it isn't, but his promos still feel unnatural because he isn't a good promo.

Similar to Wardlow. Wardlow speaks the way he does naturally in his promos, but I don't believe any of it because he's not charismatic or convincing

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 4 days!

Shard posted:

what that stand for?

It's a Spanish-language AM station in Falfurrias, Texas

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Speaking that way naturally and cutting a believable, interesting, charismatic promo are two different things. I conceded my instinct about his speaking being an act when I was told it isn't, but his promos still feel unnatural because he isn't a good promo.

Similar to Wardlow. Wardlow speaks the way he does naturally in his promos, but I don't believe any of it because he's not charismatic or convincing

being charismatic isn't the same as being believable. Being uncharismatic means you don't care about what they are saying.

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

Quantum of Phallus posted:

skip straight to the Christian Cage/Edge and Eddie/Moxely matches, the previous 2 hours stank

The opening 8 man tag was pretty awesome but other than that yeah

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

yep - every human being is putting on an act and trying to troll you

e: unsuccessfully might i add....

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Kino Lorber Derangement Syndrome

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

I've got Hausmanchausen by Proxy

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

That DICK! posted:

I've got Hausmanchausen by Proxy

lol

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

2025: AEW is just like WCW, out of business

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

C. Everett Koop posted:

I hope not I love AEW.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

C. Everett Koop posted:

Wrong, dumbfuck.

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

C. Everett Koop posted:

get out

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

C. Everett Koop posted:

aew hell isn't for hoping the place goes out of business. It's meant for voicing valid criticisms of a product we want to see get better and succeed.

Big Queefy
Jan 27, 2013

At this point Keith just need to look after himself. Ever since Covid he just hasn’t been the same. I appreciate those years he was so awesome and he should’ve been a world heavyweight champion. He had that mystique. He was so unique. He’s just not that anymore. And that’s a drat shame.

I’m not trying to fat shame, but a guy his size at his age really needs to worry about their health before anything else. I hope he gets healthy and happier.

Warthur
May 2, 2004

Honestly the plausible worst case scenario is that AEW loses their TV deal with WBD, doesn't get another one, and for the sake of remaining viable has to switch to a mode like it was in before Dynamite started where they do a big tentpole show every few months. A lot of people would lose their jobs because you simply need less people at the office and less people under contract to keep that going, but the silver lining is that it will be an opportunity to retool and rethink.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN

CopywrightMMXI posted:

If Keith Lee really is/has been unhappy I wouldn’t be surprised if that period where his hair was grey and he wore a cloak was just him visually displaying how checked out he was.

He said the gray beard was some kind of statement about embracing your natural hair color or something. Which is all fine and good, but when you're an entertainer on a television show, you don't want people to think you're like 80 years old.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN

Warthur posted:

Honestly the plausible worst case scenario is that AEW loses their TV deal with WBD, doesn't get another one, and for the sake of remaining viable has to switch to a mode like it was in before Dynamite started where they do a big tentpole show every few months. A lot of people would lose their jobs because you simply need less people at the office and less people under contract to keep that going, but the silver lining is that it will be an opportunity to retool and rethink.

Dynamite is a top-5 cable show every week. They'll absolutely get another TV deal.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Warthur posted:

Honestly the plausible worst case scenario is that AEW loses their TV deal with WBD,

This is plausible. I would not call it particularly likely, but it is plausible.

Warthur posted:

doesn't get another one,

This is absolutely not plausible. It simply is not going to happen.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

MJeff posted:

This is plausible. I would not call it particularly likely, but it is plausible.

This is absolutely not plausible. It simply is not going to happen.

Yeah I was going to say if this somehow happened (it isn't), the retooling needed to fix AEW is 'get rid of Tony Khan' (also wouldn't happen).