Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Biggest disappointment of 2023?
The Dallas Cowboys (gently caress 'em)
The New York Giants
The Philadephia Eagles
The Washington Washingtons
Myself for watching NFC East Clownball
View Results

dingo with a joint
Jan 12, 2019

wrong cow

Febreeze posted:

I have access to the Eagles locker room and can confirm that they all hate their coach and they also all smell very bad and they all are very dumb and constantly slip on banana peels and fall into trash cans

gonna need an illustration of this, matey. :D

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

dingo with a joint posted:

:hmmyes:

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable
Lmao thinking a do nothing coach that had nothing to do with the team getting to the super bowl deserves to stay because they got to the super bowl.

That's like saying all the failson ceos deserve to take over the family business after their parent because they were around during the rise.

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

I'm an insufferable shitposter who does not deserve to root for such a good team. Also, this is what Matt Harvey thinks of me and my garbage posting.
Anybody needs tickets to Giants/Eagles PM me.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Asproigerosis posted:

Lmao thinking a do nothing coach that had nothing to do with the team getting to the super bowl deserves to stay because they got to the super bowl.

That's like saying all the failson ceos deserve to take over the family business after their parent because they were around during the rise.

Welcome to sports

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

I want to care, butt I dont

dingo with a joint posted:

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

:five:

Toaster Beef
Jan 23, 2007

that's not nature's way

this is by far the most concise and accurate depiction i've seen of the 2023-2024 philadelphia eagles

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?
it's about Jimmys and Joes not Xs and spaghettiOs

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

Can this be the thread title?

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
lmfao you never miss FB. :golfclap:

biceps crimes
Apr 12, 2008

this inspired me to re-watch the condensed replay of the cards beating the eagles.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

dingo with a joint
Jan 12, 2019

wrong cow

magnificent. this is the sort of expose sports media needs.

NFC East 2023: oh boy i ended up with my own balls on my head again

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Hey Dallas, we just placed our secondary on injured reserve. All you gotta do is throw the ball and win this weekend. Don’t gently caress it up.

https://x.com/Commanders/status/1743367566658023894?s=20

pro starcraft loser
Jan 23, 2006

Stand back, this could get messy.

Cartoon Man posted:

All you gotta do is throw the ball and win this weekend. Don’t gently caress it up.

How is that different from any other weekend?

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

This is Dallas we’re talking about. How many times have we seen Dak throw the ball and gently caress it up when it matters most? I fully expect it to happen in these upcoming playoffs and I’ll be here for the lols when it does. I just want one more good game outta that shitshow so we can pick second. (Assuming the strength of schedule tiebreaker Gods don’t go clownball on us too.)

blarzgh
Apr 14, 2009

SNITCHIN' RANDY
Grimey Drawer

Cartoon Man posted:

Hey Dallas, we just placed our secondary on injured reserve. All you gotta do is throw the ball and win this weekend. Don’t gently caress it up.

https://x.com/Commanders/status/1743367566658023894?s=20

Copy, TY

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

Birds gonna lose today lol

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable
God I wish the eagles could be removed from the playoffs with a loss today

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

I don't, that would reward them with a better draft pick. I hope they win at least one playoff game

Black Lighter
Sep 6, 2010

Just keep looking at what we're doing, keep watering and ask yourselves first and know 'Are you watering? And are you fertilizing every day?' So when it's time to pop, it'll pop.
I think making the playoffs is good and I like when my team does it

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

I like it too. hopefully they'll keep Sirianni and Johnson

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

Asproigerosis posted:

"I wish my team would lose a game this week instead of next week" is some weapons grade galaxy brain bullshit.

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.
Was curious so I wanted to look up what I wrote 18 weeks ago

BiggerBoat posted:

Should we get our picks in before this weekend? I started an NFL prediction thread last year and no one did poo poo with it so just gonna put my internet football reputation on the line here in this thread.

1. Dallas. I hate to say it but I think that somehow the Eagles regress. Super Bowl losers almost always do and any time Philly is picked to be great, they're not. Cowboys defense is legit and in this league a team can win a lot of close games on that side of the ball. I have to think that Dak's turnover problems are indeed as fluky as they seem to be and sense a regression towards the mean with that.I love ragging on Dallas and Prescott but, if I'm being honest, at least half those INT's weren't on him. I think that Dallas somehow ekes out this division by tightening up a little bit, cutting down on mistakes and because of whatever I think is going to happen with...

2. Philadelphia. This team is just too good to miss the playoffs entirely but they had a lot of injury luck last year and they're not going to notch 70 sacks again nor field a full 22 in the playoffs, let alone the SB. Someone's gonna get hurt, they're going to blow a game or two they should win and, somehow, fail to meet their lofty expectations, even in a weak conference. They drew the AFCE this year and will have a far tougher schedule. NE, the worst team in that division, is never an easy out. The Eagles can dominate in a lot of ways but I have to think that NFL defenses might have figured out some of the pure muscle poo poo they managed last year and I suspect that it's possible that Hurts may have plateaued.

3. Washington - WAS and NYG are in a two team race to the bottom here but, like last year was New York's time, for some reason I think this will be the Commanders'. Howell can't be worse than what they've had, only needs to take care of the ball while being accurate and the defense has potential, especially up front if they return to form. Very above average receiving corps too. Wouldn't shock me if they finished near .500 playing some sloppy close games and surprising a team or two. Somehow.

4. New York - Not a believer in D Jones, Barkley is showing some miles on his treads and I don't think that Dabol can replicate his smoke and mirror tricks from last year. Giants were a lot like Minnesota last year where neither were as good as their record and I think both teams will regress a little bit. Nothing I see on this team puts any fear into me - on both sides of the ball - and that's not something one says about a team looking to make the playoffs again.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Asproigerosis posted:

gently caress this.

Eagles win today and will win the superbowl. I genuinely believe this.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

https://twitter.com/Ben_Jones88/status/1744015111025471553?t=81PmcQ_Nj3ntR4h0oy3tgA&s=19

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

lmao hell yeah

Chillmatic
Jul 25, 2003

always seeking to survive and flourish

taylor swift lookin' lady

pro starcraft loser
Jan 23, 2006

Stand back, this could get messy.

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

I'm an insufferable shitposter who does not deserve to root for such a good team. Also, this is what Matt Harvey thinks of me and my garbage posting.
Watching this awful Jets/Pats game made me feel better about staying home today.

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

Eagles going to lose by 14+ today

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

Might be Cutlets time.

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

Harlock posted:

Eagles going to lose by 14+ today

They suck rear end and I hate them. Go Cowboys

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

Lmao AJ Brown dead, can they just forfeit the season

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

I hope you all put money on the giants

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
Anger's perfect season ruined by a loving unblocked rusher.

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

Losing AJ Brown for the postseason because your coach is a players guy is certainly a move.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

triple sulk posted:

We can pretty easily go week by week and show how lucky they've been. A lot of this is going off rough memory but it's close enough.

Week 1 @ Pats: W 25-20, NE hosed up a chance at the end I think?
Week 2 vs Vikings: W 34-28, again if I recall, Cousins hosed up a comeback opportunity
Week 3 @ TB: W 25-11, comfortable enough but TB really sucks
Week 4 vs Washington: W 34-31 in OT, Washington blew a shot to win in some fashion
Week 5 @ Rams: W 23-14, don't remember much about this one but it was close enough and they only scored 6 points in the second half
Week 6 @ Jets: L 20-14, lmao
Week 7 vs Dolphins: W 31-17, their only quality win
Week 8 @ Washington: W 38-31, should not have been this close and should not have given up 31 points
Week 9 vs Cowboys: W 28-23, had a chance to lose this one and I think Dak blew a shot to win?
Week 10: bye
Week 11 @ KC: W 21-17, the one receiver hosed up a perfect Mahomes bomb for a TD
Week 12 vs Bills: W 37-34 in OT, should have lost this one but again the QB did some dumb poo poo or something
Week 13 vs 49ers: L 42-19, got their poo poo kicked in after two good defensive drives and two offensive drives they hosed up which set the tone
Week 14 @ Cowboys: L 33-13, got their poo poo kicked in for a second week in a row

They very easily could have lost weeks 1, 2, 4, 9, 11, and 12 if one or two things went differently, be it a drop here or better clock management there. You could say that about a lot of football games, but it was consistently uncomfortable win after uncomfortable win all season, and even if that only happened in half their games, you're still looking at a 7-6 team that's outclassed by several other teams in the NFC. They have @ Seattle, vs. Giants, vs. Cardinals, @ Giants left, and are almost assuredly going to drop one of the two games against the Giants, and I wouldn't be shocked if they lost both and go 1-3 or 0-4 the rest of the way out.