Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

galagazombie posted:

Not only should no Pokémon be retyped to part-normal, all current and future part-normals should lose the normal typing.
And no you shouldn’t give one mons personal move to everyone else, that’s the same kind of thinking that gave us ice beam and blizzard on every single water type.

This is a great gimmick

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

If they're gonna keep designing moves and entire pokemon based on doubles only gimmicks they might as well just swap to it entirely.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?
since they removed the switch/set option they should replace it with singles/doubles

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

or have the first 3 gyms be singles and the rest are doubles

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Like I prefer singles but its clearly not what they're designing mons and moves around so why not go whole hog with it and maybe they can design a single player with some teeth.

Desperate Character
Apr 13, 2009
Go hog wild and bring back triple battles for black/white remake :devil:

Saagonsa
Dec 29, 2012

As long as items are usable single player will never have any significant teeth. Not that that's a bad thing, mind, no items in battle just feels right as a personal restriction.

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!

Nodosaur posted:

More.

Typing:
- Delcatty becomes Normal/Fairy
- Ice now resists Bug and Dragon
- Dragon no longer resists Electric

Abilities:
- My aforementioned changes to Normalize immediately applies the affect of Foresight when Skill Swapped to a Ghost Type
- Shell Armor now applies a .5 resistance to moves boosted by Sharpness
- New ability, Kick Striker, which functions like Iron Fist for kicking attacks. Replaces Limber for Hitmonlee.
- New ability, Momentum, which gradually powers up multi-strike moves with each hit. Replaces Steadfast for Hitmontop.

Moves:
- Parabolic Charge is now boosted when under the effects of Sunlight
- New attack Lightning Blade, which is an electric version of Psycho Cut. Learnable by Raichu, Luxray, Kleavor, Ceruledge, and Sceptile
- Wild Charge’s attack power is boosted to the level of other recoil moves not named Take Down

Forgot to throw in my wishlist (in no particular order)

-Ice resists Grass
-Ice resists Fairy
-Fairy weak to Fire
-Normal immune to Fairy
-Ground weak to Electric
-Flying immune to Electric (because this is how it actually works GameFreak, you scientifically illiterate fucks!! :argh: )
-Dragon weak to Steel

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things
Appletun and Flapple should get evolutions since its bullshit Dipplin/Hydrapple got one and they didn't

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

I think Ice should be supereffective against Fairy instead of resistant to it.

galagazombie
Oct 31, 2011

A silly little mouse!

indigi posted:

or have the first 3 gyms be singles and the rest are doubles

On this note, Just like they’ve had one off Doubles Gyms a few times (or at the gym leader was doubles) they should take it to the next level next game. Make each gym (or at least the leader) use a different battle style in addition to their type. A double gym, a triple gym, a rotation gym (I’m not ripping off the chateau girls they weren’t gym leaders), a reverse battle gym, uhhh.. crap I need more ideas. I’d say a Sky battle gym but I can’t with a straight face. Rental Battle? Not sure how that would work in a gym context though.

Zuzie
Jun 30, 2005

I got this for a Ratatta on GTS.

Appletun and Flapple are perfect though. Not to mention that I think the whole family has enough toys.

Rich Uncle Chet
Jan 20, 2005

The Law? Law is a Human Institution.

Bring back Dynamax because Gen 8 was the only gen I knew what the gently caress I was doing competitive wise

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Augus posted:

shinies should get a single extra base stat point over non-shinies, to drive people insane

Back in the 3/DS days when I was still using an Action Replay to hack in mons I didn't want to wait until post game to actually be able to raise, I noticed that a lot of Shiny pokemon had to have terrible IV scores in order to pass as legitimate.
Not sure if that's still the case, but, your post reminded me of that and it amused me.

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

"Is that your final dandy?"

the_steve posted:

Back in the 3/DS days when I was still using an Action Replay to hack in mons I didn't want to wait until post game to actually be able to raise, I noticed that a lot of Shiny pokemon had to have terrible IV scores in order to pass as legitimate.
Not sure if that's still the case, but, your post reminded me of that and it amused me.

It's not but in the GSC days IVs actually determined Shiny-ness or not, along with other traits, which lead weird quirks like it was impossible to have a shiny B Ukown or a shiny female of anything with a 70/30 gender ratio.

Rich Uncle Chet
Jan 20, 2005

The Law? Law is a Human Institution.

All my shinies have great IVs because I had a bottle cap enthusiast train them in the mountains to overcome their genetic defects.

Saagonsa
Dec 29, 2012

In the 3ds era personality values only affect if a pokemon is shiny and nothing else. In gen 4 though it affected their nature/ability/gender/a bunch of other cosmetic stuff

Hammerite
Mar 9, 2007

And you don't remember what I said here, either, but it was pompous and stupid.
Jade Ear Joe

Augus posted:

shinies should get a single extra base stat point over non-shinies, to drive people insane

if you wanted to really wind people up seems like it would be better to do it the other way around? shinies are a single stat point worse

Hammerite
Mar 9, 2007

Jade Ear Joe
ok since it is wild and wacky ideas time

- an ability that sets Wonder Room when the pokemon enters play.
- an ability that sets Magic Room when the pokemon enters play.
- an ability that sets Trick Room when the pokemon enters play. This is on its face overpowered, so it would have to be balanced by giving it only to pokemon that either aren't actually all that slow, or are otherwise bad (bad stats/typing/movepools)
- an ability that's like Intimidate but it lowers Defense rather than Attack.
- a new Room move that changes the battle to become an Inverse Battle for a set number of turns.
- change the multiplier for type effectiveness from 2 to √3.
- critical hits either do √3 times the damage or ignore all stat changes - whichever results in more damage.

Hammerite
Mar 9, 2007

Jade Ear Joe
most berries suck because it's too uncertain whether the conditions for them to take effect will actually arise. Make them get eaten the first time the pokemon is hit with a move, regardless of how much damage it does. Except for the defense and special defense ones, those should just get eaten immediately.

That one ability can be changed so it makes the berry's effect better somehow, i don't really care.

SpaceCadetBob
Dec 27, 2012
Caught terapogos last night so my “binge to get to post-game” quest from xmas is now over.

I wasnt sure on Teras at first but now I love it. I must have a real broken brain because I’m already trying to convince myself that this time game freak will actually carry a power gimmick over to the next gen.

Stupid poo poo like “well them showing that you can tera in other regions by installing an artificial tera ballsack means game freak wants to keep teras around permanently.”

Why do i keep doing this to myself gen after gen 😞

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

SpaceCadetBob posted:

Caught terapogos last night so my “binge to get to post-game” quest from xmas is now over.

I wasnt sure on Teras at first but now I love it. I must have a real broken brain because I’m already trying to convince myself that this time game freak will actually carry a power gimmick over to the next gen.

Stupid poo poo like “well them showing that you can tera in other regions by installing an artificial tera ballsack means game freak wants to keep teras around permanently.”

Why do i keep doing this to myself gen after gen 😞

Not yet, there’s still an epilogue chapter releasing on the 11th with a new mythical to catch (not sure if any other new pokemon will be added besides that)

Zuzie
Jun 30, 2005

I got this for a Ratatta on GTS.

Hammerite posted:

- an ability that sets Trick Room when the pokemon enters play. This is on its face overpowered, so it would have to be balanced by giving it only to pokemon that either aren't actually all that slow, or are otherwise bad (bad stats/typing/movepools)

My solution is that the ability doesn't activate as soon as the monster is sent out, but the turn after.

Framboise
Sep 21, 2014

To make yourself feel better, you make it so you'll never give in to your forevers and live for always.

Lipstick Apathy
How much online/multiplayer content is needed to get everything in the DLC? I've been considering getting it since I never bothered with SwSh's DLC and I'm falling behind on my living Pokedex project, but just booting up the game again today to make sure I got Walking Wake and Iron Leaves before they go away again, I'm reminded of how buggy and nonsensical the online raids are and how unpleasant I find them to be.

Pretzel Rod Serling
Aug 6, 2008

you need some group BBQs to get all 25 legendary treats in the postgame but Union Circles function pretty well relative to Tera Raid lag and you’ll probably want to do group stuff anyway since it goes literally a hundred times faster than doing ‘em alone.

other than that you could single-player offline raid any evolutions you don’t want to bother with in order to fill your Pokédex, and of course people here would be happy to trade exclusives (or shuffle guys over from Home)

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

the next gimmick will be trainer spirit fusion

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

theyre adding fire emblem skinship but for trainers

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

oddium posted:

the next gimmick will be trainer spirit fusion

You have to do the Fusion Dance and GF will kill 200+ developers making bespoke Fusion Dance animations for every pokemon.

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!

Hammerite posted:

most berries suck because it's too uncertain whether the conditions for them to take effect will actually arise. Make them get eaten the first time the pokemon is hit with a move, regardless of how much damage it does. Except for the defense and special defense ones, those should just get eaten immediately.

That one ability can be changed so it makes the berry's effect better somehow, i don't really care.

You just gotta eliminate Acrobatics as a move. Nah, this would still be broken as hell with the current berries available.

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon

Framboise posted:

How much online/multiplayer content is needed to get everything in the DLC? I've been considering getting it since I never bothered with SwSh's DLC and I'm falling behind on my living Pokedex project, but just booting up the game again today to make sure I got Walking Wake and Iron Leaves before they go away again, I'm reminded of how buggy and nonsensical the online raids are and how unpleasant I find them to be.

You can do everything except catch version exclusives and some of the past-gen legendaries without ever going online, and the latter don't have dex entries if that makes a difference.

Earning enough Blueberry points to unlock the starters on your own is a tedious grind, but you can knock them out pretty fast if you group up with goons, which is a lot less terrible than online raids, and also how you unlock the other past legendaries.

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~
I think all I have left to do is the Union Circle stuff to get the last Legend Snacks and finish battling all the coaches and doing their trades…which, yeah. It’s gonna take a while.

And I need to trade for the two Violet exclusives to finish the ‘dex. Will probably hop on Discord tonight to beg for trades and BBQ help.

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Zulily Zoetrope posted:

You can do everything except catch version exclusives and some of the past-gen legendaries without ever going online, and the latter don't have dex entries if that makes a difference.

Earning enough Blueberry points to unlock the starters on your own is a tedious grind, but you can knock them out pretty fast if you group up with goons, which is a lot less terrible than online raids, and also how you unlock the other past legendaries.

Encountering past legendaries is always funny to me.

I mean, in RSE, Groudon and Kyogre showing up was a literal catastrophe. The global map was in danger of needing a drastic redraw as continents rose and fell rapidly.

Now there's some guy who's all "Yeah, I saw Groudon hanging out in a cave the other day, just eatin' some snacks."

That said, I do appreciate SwSh and being able to have Groudon on my team before my first gym battle, just because I like having my team "complete" before the post game.

GiantRockFromSpace
Mar 1, 2019

Just Cram It

TBH given Paldea is PokeSpain, you could take the voew that all those past legendaries just like to go on summer vacation there :v:

Syenite
Jun 21, 2011
Grimey Drawer

Funky Valentine posted:

You have to do the Fusion Dance and GF will kill 200+ developers making bespoke Fusion Dance animations for every pokemon.

They'll offset development costs by cutting the Dex down to 50 Pokemon then sell a dozen DLCs at full price each with exactly 5 freed mons.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

Funky Valentine posted:

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business
The lack of proper animations is disheartening...

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Mesadoram posted:

The lack of proper animations is disheartening...

They had to make 18 Z-move animations work for 800+ Pokemon, it’s understandable

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Desperate Character posted:

Go hog wild and bring back triple battles for black/white remake :devil:

The real battle is keeping your Switch from exploding.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

they didn’t spend the time to make the animation of a laser beam come out of the gun of a pokemon holding a laser gun. it actually comes out well below the gun

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

galagazombie
Oct 31, 2011

A silly little mouse!
Was playing platinum today trying to tie up some loose ends to transfer out of bank before the deadline. And my jaw dropped to the floor when I got two shiny Gligar in a row. Then a third spawned and I knew something was afoot. Today I learned that in Platinum and in no other game, Gligar is blue instead of purple, in fact the same blue as it’s shiny.