Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

I'd rather drink dick than chase substats

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

It's always subs before sets. My Herta has Musketeer gloves, a Fire headpiece, a Messenger crit damage chest, and Ice boots. She does have a full Planar set, and that's Broken Keel. It's the only set I have an attack orb and rope for. My only Ice orbs are Glamoth and Belobog. Neither are leveled yet.

My only dps in actual sets are QQ, Kafka, Clara, and Argenti. And only Kafka's is any good.

Obnoxipus
Apr 4, 2011
I'm happy that the event gave me my...first Lynx eidolon? How have I never pulled another Lynx? I have E2 Blade because of sheer dumb luck and two 50/50 wins in a row, but I really had E0 Lynx?

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

lynx has only been on fuxuan's and argenti's banners

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Excelzior posted:

lynx has only been on fuxuan's and argenti's banners

She's also in the Standard banner. Xueyi will be in 2.0.

Now my level 80 Lynx that warms the bench is e6. :)

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

The Demogorgon is tired of your silly human bickering!

I haven't tried the new mode yet but whirlwind volleyball with Herta, Himeko and Numby sounds like fun.

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

I was able to get 9/12 stars on PF with a lovely himeko and without using physical MC or herta. I dont have argenti either so it was just sushang trying her best for phys damage lol. Good enough.

Archduke Frantz Fanon
Sep 7, 2004

Bad Video Games posted:

nice of her to build a little fire there for everyone :fluffy:

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

Bad Video Games posted:

I mean this is true but so are 18 other characters

and 21 4* light cones

it's very understandable to not have multiple dupes of lynx since she's not part of the shop rotation

Genovera
Feb 13, 2014

subterranean
space pterodactyls

Pain of Mind posted:

I stopped farming relics because it is too much work to go through my 1500 5* relics to see what is worth keeping. Simultaneously, none of them are worth wearing but all of them are worth keeping because what if someone needs that stat profile some day.

I just salvage any relic that I don't already have a plan for unless it's a desirable main stat, like speed boots, crit chest, or ERR/attack rope. Sure, I've probably deleted some relics that would be useful to someone. But I don't care, because I will never really be done farming relics, and trying to save unusual relics for hypothetical characters would be overwhelming. I have 224 relics, more than half of which are in use.

Bad Video Games posted:

It's always subs before sets. My Herta has Musketeer gloves, a Fire headpiece, a Messenger crit damage chest, and Ice boots. She does have a full Planar set, and that's Broken Keel. It's the only set I have an attack orb and rope for. My only Ice orbs are Glamoth and Belobog. Neither are leveled yet.

My only dps in actual sets are QQ, Kafka, Clara, and Argenti. And only Kafka's is any good.

You're not wrong, but I refuse to break sets on principle. Everyone gets their own relics of the correct set and main stat. If the substats are bad, then it goes on the list of things to farm.

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Archduke Frantz Fanon posted:

nice of her to build a little fire there for everyone :fluffy:

She better. Her siblings are there too.

Excelzior posted:

I mean this is true but so are 18 other characters

and 21 4* light cones

it's very understandable to not have multiple dupes of lynx since she's not part of the shop rotation

I've only ever pulled 1 copy of Pela from a banner, and that was after buying her from the shop and choosing her from the event. And I pulled on both of her banners. 4-star luck sucks rear end.

Genovera posted:

I just salvage any relic that I don't already have a plan for unless it's a desirable main stat, like speed boots, crit chest, or ERR/attack rope. Sure, I've probably deleted some relics that would be useful to someone. But I don't care, because I will never really be done farming relics, and trying to save unusual relics for hypothetical characters would be overwhelming. I have 224 relics, more than half of which are in use.

You're not wrong, but I refuse to break sets on principle. Everyone gets their own relics of the correct set and main stat. If the substats are bad, then it goes on the list of things to farm.

I haven't had the time to farm. Her boots are only the right set because I got them while farming for Pela months ago. I just now decided my Imaginary pieces for Ratio are good enough because he's going in 2 piece sets.

Now I can farm for Herta, Trailblazer, and Jing Yuan. Then I can farm better pieces. :negative:

Genovera
Feb 13, 2014

subterranean
space pterodactyls

Bad Video Games posted:

I just now decided my Imaginary pieces for Ratio are good enough because he's going in 2 piece sets.

I half-assed his relics since we're going to get a new set that's perfect for him relatively soon.

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

We're always getting a new perfect set. I can barely get good pieces for the old perfect sets.

NeonPunk
Dec 21, 2020

Man, Gold n Gears is now not fun at all. Torturous 12 is absolutely brutal and it's far harder than Swarm is. I figure that's normal because by then you should figure out your dice and the strategy, but tbh it honestly feel like it's largely reliant on some good RNG to achieve your strategy, otherwise you might just as well end your run if you get some bad roll or even get the wrong events to show.

Lazy_Liberal
Sep 17, 2005

These stones are :sparkles: precious :sparkles:
I'm used to dying a lot in SU and that's fine

MNSNTZR
Oct 13, 2012

strange feelings re Daisy posted:

I already have Ruan Mei and I'm tempted to pull for her E1, which I don't usually do with 5 stars. Her E1 gives 20% DEF shred to the entire team for the duration of her ultimate. Seems like a pretty insane upgrade.

this is what i’m fighting with right now, except i’m a struggling nihility main that started with the ps5 release, so i’d “need” kafka and black swan. and there’s dr ratio’s light cone, aventurine, gallagher. all i have is 70 tickets and as many delusions

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

I think Gallagher is a 4 star? So far, the only Penacony character I'm interested in is Sam, and hopefully, Screwllum.

Though I haven't ruled out Sparkle yet, and I want to know more about this Firefly girl.

Kale
May 14, 2010

https://www.bilibili.com/video/BV1uT4y1s73r/
China still with just the most oddly amusing fan videos

Radical
Apr 6, 2011

im glad the quantum set has been so efficient for so many characters. its really made my life easy. dr ratio will also be getting the quantum set until next patch but maybe forever depending on how good his set is for other characters or if i ever find a use for the break set.

Sleng Teng
May 3, 2009

Another 5* pull today, this time Clara. If I’m reading her abilities right she wants to get hit to do counter damage which means I probably shouldn’t pair her with Gepard with his passive aggro draw. A shame since I’ve built everything around him as my first 5* but maybe I’ll see the need to trade off the shields for her damage soon?

Not So Fast
Dec 27, 2007

Tree Reformat posted:

I've been completely F2P since May, and I only just started to 30* MoC after Topaz came out. Then also immediately the cycle ratchet happened. Irritating, but fine, I went from full clear to 27-29* so I only lost 60 every cycle. Then the MoC11+12 came out and I still hit 34*, so I actually started making more per cycle. Great, missing only 60 jade per cycle equates to only almost a ten pull per year.

Now PF, if I'm not able to improve my performance, I'm losing 240 jade every other cycle. That's a fairly major loss from what would have been only a 60 jade loss for that same time period in the previous system. Combined with the new MoC loss, that roughly 40 pulls a year I no longer get. It just feels bad to finally get your full pull income every patch, then get told "no actually, we've changed it so you're playing the game wrong, and punish you accordingly."

And I can't really turn on a dime. I've been building Xueyi for almost two weeks to try and improve my MoC performance, but it's going to take at least another two due to typical lovely relic luck, as well as having to devote stamina to the usual weekly SU+EoW+BP requirements.

A month to build one new character, at best. And for this mode I'm gonna need to build at least three or four more, on top of the investment I already needed to do for DPS and sustain improvement for MoC.

The grind never ends, yeah, but this feels like being actively poo poo on for not paying to grind faster.

As a long time Gacha player, I kind of expect the grind for F2P to increase over time tbh, especially when it comes to challenges like this that are built around solid teams. Don't focus too much on "income" or you'll just burn out.

For me Sim Universe feels like the real endgame, a freely customisable box of team boosts that gets a refresh every few months. Stuff like MoC is a bonus, as it is usually a showcase for whoever the latest 5* is (so Argenti or Ruan Mei). The last Gacha I played just straight up gave a bonus for using the latest 5* in their monthly events.

Genovera
Feb 13, 2014

subterranean
space pterodactyls

Sleng Teng posted:

Another 5* pull today, this time Clara. If I’m reading her abilities right she wants to get hit to do counter damage which means I probably shouldn’t pair her with Gepard with his passive aggro draw. A shame since I’ve built everything around him as my first 5* but maybe I’ll see the need to trade off the shields for her damage soon?

Clara does indeed have slight anti-synergy with Gepard. Clara works really well with Lynx since Lynx's heal increases aggro on Destruction or Preservation characters. March also works, though I prefer Lynx outside SU.

Keep in mind you'll need two teams for MoC and PF. You could use Gepard on one team and Clara+Lynx on the other.

Genovera
Feb 13, 2014

subterranean
space pterodactyls

Oh by the way, I think you also had pulled Tingyun recently? She goes really well with Clara too because she helps Clara reapply her ult to keep up the aggro and damage boost.

Detheros
Apr 11, 2010

I want to die.

Shoutout to Pure Fiction for making me bust out Huohuo and unretiring FireMC, also for the Twirls despite her traces only being level 5-6/12.

I really need to get this e1 Himeko that likes to interupt my 50/50s up to par over the next month, lol.

Sleng Teng
May 3, 2009

Genovera posted:

Clara does indeed have slight anti-synergy with Gepard. Clara works really well with Lynx since Lynx's heal increases aggro on Destruction or Preservation characters. March also works, though I prefer Lynx outside SU.

Keep in mind you'll need two teams for MoC and PF. You could use Gepard on one team and Clara+Lynx on the other.

Genovera posted:

Oh by the way, I think you also had pulled Tingyun recently? She goes really well with Clara too because she helps Clara reapply her ult to keep up the aggro and damage boost.

Thanks for the heads up, I had completely forgotten lynx’s ability worked for destruction characters as well. I keep forgetting about the 2 team stuff so that puts my mind at ease a bit.

And yeah I did pull Tingyun, she’s been pretty useful though I’ve elected to invest in Ruan Mei first.

I should probably look up how MoC and PF work soon!

MNSNTZR
Oct 13, 2012

Bad Video Games posted:

I think Gallagher is a 4 star? So far, the only Penacony character I'm interested in is Sam, and hopefully, Screwllum.

Though I haven't ruled out Sparkle yet, and I want to know more about this Firefly girl.

that’s what i heard too but 4* males that i can help to max out is males. luka and sampo are e6 and gallagher will be too if that’s the case. my necessity for black swan takes up any interest in sparkle (for now) — even though i have an inkling sparkle will be a more interesting character.

i’m very interested in screwllum down the line but less so sam, couldn’t tell you why. too busy punching the air about sunday and duke inferno

delfin
Dec 5, 2003

SNATTER'S ALIVE?!?!
I managed to edge just over the 40k mark on Pure Fiction III by going completely without healers/sustains and nearly dying on the last turn. (3/4 were dead and the fourth hung on as time ran out.)

If the small fries just kept coming endlessly, it'd be one thing, but having to beat each boss to advance to the next wave pretty much puts a cap on my potential scoring because neither second boss goes down easily for me at that level.

Tree Reformat
Apr 2, 2022

by Fluffdaddy
Is Rails Express not updated or something? I can't get it to make cards despite my profile Battle Chronicle being open and all.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver

Pain of Mind posted:

I stopped farming relics because it is too much work to go through my 1500 5* relics to see what is worth keeping. Simultaneously, none of them are worth wearing but all of them are worth keeping because what if someone needs that stat profile some day.
friend, let me teach you the Word and the Way

go into the relic salvaging menu and pull up all relics that have two flat substats (attack, defense, HP). So, search for ones with attack/defense substats, attack/Hp substats, and defense/HP substats. If half of the substats are flat, that relic isn't worth levelling unless it's literally your only Energy Recovery relic or set of Speed boots for somebody

Detheros
Apr 11, 2010

I want to die.

honestly at 1500 I'd just junk em and get new ones, jfc.

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
If you run Clara and Gepard together just put Clara next to Gepard in team order so any cleaves that target him also hit her.

Traveller
Jan 6, 2012

WHIM AND FOPPERY

Pela is a murder machine in this mode and I'm getting her better relics ASAP. Also Fireblazer, just realized she's been cruising with unleveled 4*s for A While :negative:

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

Shhh... don't wake up the sleeping lion :3:

NeonPunk posted:

Man, Gold n Gears is now not fun at all. Torturous 12 is absolutely brutal and it's far harder than Swarm is. I figure that's normal because by then you should figure out your dice and the strategy, but tbh it honestly feel like it's largely reliant on some good RNG to achieve your strategy, otherwise you might just as well end your run if you get some bad roll or even get the wrong events to show.

Conundrum 12 is closer to high-difficulty roguelites where you do need some degree of good RNG to win, yeah. It's kinda part of the genre so I can't fault that too much. I think strategy still plays a big factor though so I'm fine with the way it is.

Edly
Jun 1, 2007

NeonPunk posted:

Just double checking, you know you can decrease the conundrum level right? Even if you want 100% achievements you only ever need to finish a single conundrum 12 run.

Dazerbeams
Jul 8, 2009

Just finished up PF by the skin of my teeth. No sustain and a dash of RNG saw me through.

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Keen on the hygiene and on the mission like a super technician.

Traveller posted:

Also Fireblazer, just realized she's been cruising with unleveled 4*s for A While :negative:

It's the worst feeling. I've pulled characters I haven't used in a while out of storage for an event or whatever, wonder why they're such rear end, check their gear and realize I forgot to change out their 3* poo poo from way back when I first started playing :negative:

Pain of Mind
Jul 10, 2004
You are receiving this broadcast as a dream...We are transmitting from the year one nine... nine nine ...You are receiving this broadcast in order t
Just realized my SW was using a level 20 LC while helping beat Conundrum 10+ stuff. I just thought she had low hp.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

I was not able to get 12 stars in Pure Fiction but my Himeko is hilariously undergeared and my Herta is level 20.

I have six weeks to get there. We'll see if it happens. :)

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

I've gotten within 200 points of completing PF 4. It's a bit frustrating, but I'll get there. Herta and Argenti rock Geppy. It's the lack of aoe Fire that's hurting me. Maybe I need to dust off Fireblazer.

Also, Pure Fiction is fun! I hated the original story time, but my account is much stronger now. Also, I took the time to trace Herta for MoC, and this mode is made for her. I do think I need to level Himeko's light cone for her, and I almost wish I had chosen Himeko over Clara.

Bad Video Games fucked around with this message at 05:19 on Jan 9, 2024

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.
https://files.catbox.moe/q0jw06.mp4

same